Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 1/7/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to really adore this scrub -- I'd guess I've been through about 10 tubes of it. However, I've noticed only in the last month or so that it's gotten too harsh for my skin. My skin is usually normal with T-zone oil but can sometimes have dry patches (especially in winter) and goes through weird bouts of sensitivity -- I guess this is of them. It seems that every time I use this scrub in the shower (at night), I wake up with little tiny spots on my face, or new patches of redness. The spots don't seem to be zits or whiteheads, as far as I can tell, and they're easily coverable, but still: spots! :( This makes me so sad: this product was truly a HG scrub for me. I'm not sure what's going on...maybe just maturing skin? Thinning? :( I used to love this product so much: I love the refreshing mint smell, and QH is also 100% dirt-cheap when you can find it (I think it's about $3 per tube). I don't like wasting products, so I'll use the remainder of this QH one on my feet and chest...but what to replace it with?! I've ordered the Dermalogica Microfoliant, so fingers crossed.

$4.60 for a 6 oz plastic squeeze tube with a twist-off cap at Drugstore.com

on 3/15/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I just love this stuff! Gentle enough to use daily by gets the job done each time. Leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and has the nicest minty smell to boot! Very affordable and a little goes a long way with this :)

on 3/9/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff gets the job done- effectively- without overly drying your skin or your purse. Part of my permanent collection now.

on 3/7/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I actually purchased thinking it was the mint julep masque (ended up getting this a week or so later) just looked at the mint julep part. However, I decided to keep it and I will say that I like it, it smells clean and free (the mint, of course!) and it gives my skin a very soft feeling. I would purchase this again. I got it from a hair store for about $3.99.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I cannot get enough of this scrub. It is gentle enough for everyday use, yet it is very effective in removing dead skin cells and leaving my face feeling soft and smooth. I use this scrub every time I take a shower by massaging it into my face for a minute and letting it absorb for another minute. I find that this has helped improve my complexion and helps to give me a wonderful ‘glow.’ The smell of the mint julep is also amazing, which is another reason why I let it absorb into my skin in the shower for minute. Just so I can smell it and feel the tingle! Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub is also dirt cheap. I bought mine at Ulta for less than $3. I will continue to purchase again and again!

on 1/23/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a wonderful product! It smells so good. I love that its exfoliating and the bits and pieces are very small grainy size. Makes my skin feel so soft and refreshed. My skin has gotten so much better. I used to use Clearasil Ultra, but i've used it so much that my skin started to tolerate the ingredients and so it doesnt work anymore :( So i got this at Sally's Beauty Supply along with my Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. (AMAZING Mask BTW!!) Definitely a must have! Such a good exfoliating cleanser! I really like this product! Will definitely buy again.

on 11/13/2009 10:36:00 AM

Very, very, very nice facial scrub. It is definately not to rough, and it does not leave my skin dry. And it smells really good! Would definately buy it again. And it is very cheap for the amount of product you get!

on 11/2/2009 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, so I picked up the matching scrub at Sally's today hoping it would be just as good. It was on sale, so I only paid $2.99, a LOT cheaper than other scrubs and cleansers I've bought in the past. I don't really like the smell, it's a weird minty scent. Reminds me of the dentists office. The packaging is annoying because it has a screw top which is inconvenient. What's inside, however, is pretty good. This is a gritty, but gentle scrub; one that you can use daily without irritation. Feels nice, and assures that all the little flakes and dead skin cells have been washed away. Not quire sure if it's an HG product, but so far so good.

on 10/26/2009 10:43:00 PM

I have heard SO many good things about this product, so I decided to try it, and I'm glad I did. Totally worth the hype it's given. I found this in Bed Bath and Beyond for $4.99, and who can beat that price...? It actually works, and it leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean, and bright looking. I will be purchasing this again and again and again :)

on 7/27/2009 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the fine granules in this product. St. Ives is so rough! I feel like this is a lot more gentle on my skin.