August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Toners - Dermalogica - Multi-active Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ck708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and use it twice-daily prior to moisturising. I've found that my moisturiser is more readily absorded when I use this product. I went without for about a fornight and could definately tell. I have normal skin, but I think some one with dry skin woud love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Happy_go_lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently I decided to upgrade my skincare regime from the supermarket brands that I'd been using for years. I started with four Dermalogica products; Special Cleansing Gel, Skin Prep Scrub, Multi-active Toner and Skin Smoothing Cream.
Frankly, I don't think a toner is really necessary. They hark back to when the standard cleanser was cold cream and an astringent was needed to remove the greasy residue.
I really sit on the fence with this product. It does no harm but on the other hand, it doesn't produce a noticeable improvement. The spray dispenser is very good. The bottle is quite large and I'm sure will last me a long time, probably 12+ months. To make it easier to use, I keep a travel sized spritzer topped up instead.
The main benefit I see from using a toner is that because your skin is moist, you need to use less moisturiser as the cream spread further.
I'll probably repurchase when this bottle eventually runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This toner is amazing and I am wondering how I ever survived without it! It keeps my skin soft, supple, smooth and clear. I use this morning and night after cleansing with Mirenesse Liquefying Cleanser. Edit 3rd Oct 09: I am now using Avene's Thermal Water which works even better for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A basic toner. No strong scent. I prefer the Soothing Protection Spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had a dilemma because i got a 16oz salon size bottle of this stuff in a kit at Esthetics school and i thought i would never use it. I have to admit , i like my toners to be more multitasking and have maybe ahas or antioxidants in them so i feel like i'm doing more than spraying lavender scented water on my face. This toner is little more than some hydrators that can help the skin hold in water and a LOT of botanicals because thats how Dermalogica formulates most of their product- they take some basic cosmetic ingredients and throw in a bunch of plants.
However, i did find a use for it. I spray it onto my brush before i use my Everyday minerals and it really gives a beautiful dewy glowy look. It also seems to set my makeup and help it last longer, maybe because the hydrators help adhere the powder to my skin (?) idk!! but i'm just glad that i found a purpose for this stuff, and if anyone ends up with a bottle- dont despair, use it to set and refresh your makeup

PS- dont spray it in the eyes, its not Ph balanced for that area, its meant for everywhere but the eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love. I've been searching for the perfect skincare line since I was in utero. Dermalogica does it for me. I'm definitely "normal" - a little oily in humidity, a little dry in winter, rarely breakout. I chose the normal/oily, since we recently moved to a WAAAY more humid climate than I'm used to. The cleanser felt AWESOME and didn't feel tight - even before the moisturizer. The toner felt like it DID something - light scent, comes in a cool spray bottle. I sprayed it on and spread it with a cotton pad. The moisturizer was the best - not too oily, but enough to make me skin soft and supple. I can't wait to try some of their other products. If my boyfriend doesn't ask me soon, I may marry this line ...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Lottie2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having wanted to try this for a while I recently got a 30 ml "trial" bottle and glad I got that first. I've used it twice daily for about a week and my skin is looking very clear. It feels very cool and calming on the skin and I'm definitely going to get the big bottle. I can't 100% tell whether its this product that making my skin look good or the combination of products I'm currently using but it's certainly a very good toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by fur_elise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! My hubby swears by it. We call it the "Insta Glow". 4-5 spritzes to the face give you this FANTASTIC beautiful and dewy complexion - like if you just took a quick run and have a sheen of sparkly sweat on your face. All your friends will be asking "So how WAS it last night?" ;) Very attractive. I dont wear much makeup at ALL - this product is a MUST in my very select arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 4:57:00 AM More reviews by pixielulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product to have a lovly refreshing smell to it I love this product It felt so nice on my skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

As toners go, and I've tried em all, I don't think this is so great. It works to refresh granted, and has a nice smell, but that's really it. It doesn't do much other than add moisture, not surprising with the aloe content, but I want something that takes off makeup traces and dirt after cleansing. Not sure whether I'd buy again or not.