MAC Rebel Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

I am totally smitten with this little lipstick. I was looking for a darker shade as I felt I wanted to be "on trend" this winter - even if I don't really wear dark shades or too much make up. The MAC person recommended this. I was hesitant at first but then said "yolo". SInce then I have worn every time I have gone out in the evening and a couple of times during the day.

See, that's what I love about it: it may seem dark in the tube, but you can really play with its intensity and build the colour as you like. So I apply it lightly in the day, then might go all out in the evenings. It's very pigmented and long-lasting (survives not only drinks, but pizza too)! The colour is a purple, which my daughter described as "same as that wine" with just the correct amount of brightness.

The only thing I don't like about this is the texture, which is drying. I wish it was a bit more hydrating. Then again, I have never owned a MAC lipstick that did not dry out my lips, so I can live with that.

I love this - it's too early to say if I will repurchase when I run out, as I don't buy lipsticks twice usually. But I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this lipstick to go REBEL the boring "plain jane" look with a nude lip and minimal makeup, which is fine for those rare supermodels with naturally unique features we see all over the media.

The rest of us need gorgeous lipsticks to add some extra oomph, like MAC REBEL It is BEAUTIFUL! It is feminine CONFIDENCE in a tube! I receive so many compliments on this from strangers as it stands out and just "pop" spectacularly! You can wear it with whichever fashion look or style you have, whether it's classy and sophisticated, fun, sensual or edgy. Its HOW you wear it!

SERIOUS WARNING: if you wear this, you'll NOT be able to return to the "plain Jane natural/bare-face" look without feeling flat after this little AMAZING lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really don't see the hype.

It is just a purplish pink which stains A LOT.

It leaves my lips bright fuschia and i need to rub my lips like crazy to remove that annoying stain.

If you like purplish pinks then i guess it will work for you. I totally hate it and I regret buying it.

I found this lipstick colour by researching various shades similar to this on the Internet. I really wanted a reddish-purplish-plummish colour for my lips without being too dark. I found a few colour pictures of it and decided to head into a MAC store to try it out.

On first glance I was a little taken aback that it looked so dark in the tube, and I wasn't sure whether to take it or not, but the colour glided out a lot lighter on my skin so I decided to buy it.

It's a beautiful purple shade on my lips but it can be a little drying, so sometimes I add a moisturising lip balm over the top.
I usually wear it over More to Love MAC pro wear lip liner and this doesn't change the colour too much.

It's a bit more dramatic than my usual lip colours, and I'd say it suits more for the cooler seasons, although it really depends on the type of look you're going for.
It's a very photogenic lipstick and looks great in photos!

Overall I would buy this lipstick again, and although it's not my everyday lipstick, I use it when I feel like a deep pop of colour to compliment my complexion without being too loud or bright.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick a few month ago and was my first mac product ive heard so much good things from mac so i thought id give it all a go. Ive used this lipstick 5/6 times and im very impressed with the quality! Lovely shine and finish i would go back and buy more lipstick just not in this colour,it is a nice colour and goes on well,however dont be fooled it doesnt go on as dark as it looks in the tube,i was glad by this,however not really my colour. But i will be visiting mac and getting more products!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Rebel is gorgeous!!! It's my go to evening lipstick! On me it's a vibrant midtone berry shade. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Rebel lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful vibrant fuschia pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I could rate color and formula separately. Formula wise, this is amazing. The color goes on very pigmented and even when it fades, it leaves a very nice, even stain on the lips. It's long lasting and very comfortable to wear. But this is the part I dread - rating the color. It's not fair to knock off lippies simply due to the color :/ but I'm going to be that less than 1% that does not like this lip color on me. There's nothing wrong with the color, but I was hoping it would be more on the plummy, berry side. It looks gorgeous on other people but on my pigmented lips, it comes out a straight up fuschia..not exactly my favorite lip color to wear since it clashes with my skin tone. I prefer a more muted berry lipstick like Fashion Revival or even my new favorite, Milani's Sangria (which is slightly darker and less pink than Rebel).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this color it's beautiful! This is my go to color for a night out! It gives your face a nice Pop and really adds that extra something to a sexy outfit !

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick. I get soooo many compliments on this! I used with a cheap dark purple liner, or I use my 'current' from Mac also. This color is not too dark and not too light, just a perfect pinky purple!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been my daily lipstick since the start of September! On me its a purple with a hint of pink stain. It lasts seven hours on me with eating and drinking. My lips feel kind of dry by the end of the night but it nothing too bad! Overall 109% recommend for fall and winter statement lip.

Recommended for Medium Skin