MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

on 1/29/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Rebel is gorgeous!!! It's my go to evening lipstick! On me it's a vibrant midtone berry shade. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Rebel lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful vibrant fuschia pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 12/26/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I could rate color and formula separately. Formula wise, this is amazing. The color goes on very pigmented and even when it fades, it leaves a very nice, even stain on the lips. It's long lasting and very comfortable to wear. But this is the part I dread - rating the color. It's not fair to knock off lippies simply due to the color :/ but I'm going to be that less than 1% that does not like this lip color on me. There's nothing wrong with the color, but I was hoping it would be more on the plummy, berry side. It looks gorgeous on other people but on my pigmented lips, it comes out a straight up fuschia..not exactly my favorite lip color to wear since it clashes with my skin tone. I prefer a more muted berry lipstick like Fashion Revival or even my new favorite, Milani's Sangria (which is slightly darker and less pink than Rebel).

on 12/17/2014 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this color it's beautiful! This is my go to color for a night out! It gives your face a nice Pop and really adds that extra something to a sexy outfit !

on 12/5/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick. I get soooo many compliments on this! I used with a cheap dark purple liner, or I use my 'current' from Mac also. This color is not too dark and not too light, just a perfect pinky purple!

on 10/15/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been my daily lipstick since the start of September! On me its a purple with a hint of pink stain. It lasts seven hours on me with eating and drinking. My lips feel kind of dry by the end of the night but it nothing too bad! Overall 109% recommend for fall and winter statement lip.

on 8/22/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it on other people and on my hand. I think if you can poll it can be really nice. But everytime I want to wear it I finally wear it as a stain because I don't like the bold lip look it gives. I feel there is a kind of fuschia pigment, like a cherry kool-aid color that bring out the olive undertones of my warm skin.I felt the same with MAC Goddess lipstick, there must be some kind of pigment I don't like. If I want to wear plum lippie I prefer Mac Media, which complement better my NC35 skintone. So this I am giving to my sister!

Before i finally bought this i googled it like a million times and swatched it and tried it on in the store many many times. I ended up buying it whilst on my trip to London, and i remember applying it in front of the hotel room mirror and feeling SO badass! My mom thought the color was too "sexy" for me, as i am quite young. I have fair skin and have discovered that yellow based pinks, like mac viva glam Nicki Minaj, really don't suit my skin tone and neither my personality. Therefor this is my "dressing up" or "special occasion" lipstick rather than something like mac candy yum yum. I have been trying to find a matching lipliner as its a satin finish and can sometimes bleed or smudge. If you have small lips like me and like to apply your lipsticks a little bit outside your natural lips, be aware that it can look a little obvious sometimes because of the satin finish. Also remember to apply an extra layer of bronzer if you are pale, as this lipstick can sometimes make you look super pale. Regardless i love this lipstick and will definitely repurchase, and i soon have too!

on 5/5/2014 7:39:00 AM

If you have my complexion (NW20, winter), quit thinking about it and just go, get Rebel. Now. Seriously, you do need this shade. Rebel was made for my complexion (NW20, almost black hair (3N), brown eyes, mauvey lips)! I knew the color would look good, these berry type shades always do on me. But what I wasn't prepared for was how Rebel perfectly combined berry & plum to create the most easy to wear statement shade ever...let's call it a boysenberry type color. It is kind of bold, yet sits & wears as easy on me as MAC Creme Cup. It just glides on, not too heavy, not too light. Yes, it might be a bit much for going to the gym, but anything else it is stunning.

Here is the interesting part about Rebel. I have so many berries, purples, magenta type colors I thought, I probably have a million of these shades, I don't need Rebel. I even have what could actually be called a dupe (in terms of color matching), WnW Sugar Plum Fairy. And while the shade is practically the same, once applied you can see (and definitely feel) the difference. SPF is very matte and drags along your lips...it looks bold, painted on, heavy. Rebel glides across your lips and while bold doesn't look so "painted" and more like an ehancement. I also have UD Shame which is stunning on me, but compared to Rebel was more red berry than a plum berry of Rebel and much more bold. Every lipstick I swatched next to Rebel that I thought was so close to it that I didn't need it...they all looked quite different from Rebel (more red, more purple, more goth). I also have MAC Dark Side, but that is much more dark, red and goth than Rebel. I Iove the look of UD Shame, that is a big night out lipstick...drama! Rebel is it's more relaxed cousin...always looks put together, but way less maintenance and easier to deal with.

Given the reviews here, I am just going to say one more thing. Just get this. I think it is one of those legendary lispticks you always hear about and when you finally get it, you understand why it's special. This is from someone who put off buying this shade for years trying to talk myself out it. Now, I could kick myself. I will never be without this shade. Actually, if I could only have two lipsticks ever, it would Rebel and Creme Cup.

on 1/15/2014 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! At first, i was scared to try something so bold and I recently just dyed my hair red so I wasn't sure how this color would look on me but I love the look. The finish isn't something I'm too crazy about(it's a satin finish) but since the color payoff is gorgeous I can forgive it. I do recommend exfoliating your lips first and putting a moisturizer on before applying the lipstick. I also used a lip liner so the color wouldn't bleed. It's a nice plumy-reddish color, great balance between plum and red.

I absolutely love this color. This was my first MAC lipstick and I was looking for a bold, fall-winter color, something plummy like I see on a ton of models. After going to MAC and seeing Rebel and trying it on, I was in LOVE. I line my lips with MAC Currant first and then apply Rebel and it looks fantastic. It's a plum color that isn't toooo purple, but it's absolutely perfect and I'm so in love with it. I feel fantastic when I wear it with a black outfit. :)

Popular Lipsticks