December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Rubia1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this color it's beautiful! This is my go to color for a night out! It gives your face a nice Pop and really adds that extra something to a sexy outfit !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Nhaakins

My absolute favorite lipstick. I get soooo many compliments on this! I used with a cheap dark purple liner, or I use my 'current' from Mac also. This color is not too dark and not too light, just a perfect pinky purple!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my daily lipstick since the start of September! On me its a purple with a hint of pink stain. It lasts seven hours on me with eating and drinking. My lips feel kind of dry by the end of the night but it nothing too bad! Overall 109% recommend for fall and winter statement lip.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it on other people and on my hand. I think if you can poll it can be really nice. But everytime I want to wear it I finally wear it as a stain because I don't like the bold lip look it gives. I feel there is a kind of fuschia pigment, like a cherry kool-aid color that bring out the olive undertones of my warm skin.I felt the same with MAC Goddess lipstick, there must be some kind of pigment I don't like. If I want to wear plum lippie I prefer Mac Media, which complement better my NC35 skintone. So this I am giving to my sister!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by heddalovesrebel

Before i finally bought this i googled it like a million times and swatched it and tried it on in the store many many times. I ended up buying it whilst on my trip to London, and i remember applying it in front of the hotel room mirror and feeling SO badass! My mom thought the color was too "sexy" for me, as i am quite young. I have fair skin and have discovered that yellow based pinks, like mac viva glam Nicki Minaj, really don't suit my skin tone and neither my personality. Therefor this is my "dressing up" or "special occasion" lipstick rather than something like mac candy yum yum. I have been trying to find a matching lipliner as its a satin finish and can sometimes bleed or smudge. If you have small lips like me and like to apply your lipsticks a little bit outside your natural lips, be aware that it can look a little obvious sometimes because of the satin finish. Also remember to apply an extra layer of bronzer if you are pale, as this lipstick can sometimes make you look super pale. Regardless i love this lipstick and will definitely repurchase, and i soon have too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you have my complexion (NW20, winter), quit thinking about it and just go, get Rebel. Now. Seriously, you do need this shade. Rebel was made for my complexion (NW20, almost black hair (3N), brown eyes, mauvey lips)! I knew the color would look good, these berry type shades always do on me. But what I wasn't prepared for was how Rebel perfectly combined berry & plum to create the most easy to wear statement shade ever...let's call it a boysenberry type color. It is kind of bold, yet sits & wears as easy on me as MAC Creme Cup. It just glides on, not too heavy, not too light. Yes, it might be a bit much for going to the gym, but anything else it is stunning.

Here is the interesting part about Rebel. I have so many berries, purples, magenta type colors I thought, I probably have a million of these shades, I don't need Rebel. I even have what could actually be called a dupe (in terms of color matching), WnW Sugar Plum Fairy. And while the shade is practically the same, once applied you can see (and definitely feel) the difference. SPF is very matte and drags along your lips...it looks bold, painted on, heavy. Rebel glides across your lips and while bold doesn't look so "painted" and more like an ehancement. I also have UD Shame which is stunning on me, but compared to Rebel was more red berry than a plum berry of Rebel and much more bold. Every lipstick I swatched next to Rebel that I thought was so close to it that I didn't need it...they all looked quite different from Rebel (more red, more purple, more goth). I also have MAC Dark Side, but that is much more dark, red and goth than Rebel. I Iove the look of UD Shame, that is a big night out lipstick...drama! Rebel is it's more relaxed cousin...always looks put together, but way less maintenance and easier to deal with.

Given the reviews here, I am just going to say one more thing. Just get this. I think it is one of those legendary lispticks you always hear about and when you finally get it, you understand why it's special. This is from someone who put off buying this shade for years trying to talk myself out it. Now, I could kick myself. I will never be without this shade. Actually, if I could only have two lipsticks ever, it would Rebel and Creme Cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by aebabe07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! At first, i was scared to try something so bold and I recently just dyed my hair red so I wasn't sure how this color would look on me but I love the look. The finish isn't something I'm too crazy about(it's a satin finish) but since the color payoff is gorgeous I can forgive it. I do recommend exfoliating your lips first and putting a moisturizer on before applying the lipstick. I also used a lip liner so the color wouldn't bleed. It's a nice plumy-reddish color, great balance between plum and red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by innocencefades

I absolutely love this color. This was my first MAC lipstick and I was looking for a bold, fall-winter color, something plummy like I see on a ton of models. After going to MAC and seeing Rebel and trying it on, I was in LOVE. I line my lips with MAC Currant first and then apply Rebel and it looks fantastic. It's a plum color that isn't toooo purple, but it's absolutely perfect and I'm so in love with it. I feel fantastic when I wear it with a black outfit. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstick through the Back To Mac program back in the late Spring, and have been waiting what seems like forever for the weather to cool off to wear this out. This is such a gorgeous, gorgeous color. It's a deep fuchsia plum that just pretty much screams 'sexy.' It's vampy, but not too dark. I am usually afraid of wearing such bold lip colors (because I have such full lips that most lip colors over take my face), but I love this. For such a dark color, it really brightens my complexion. I love it.

It's a satin finish, which in the past I found to be drying on my lips, but the texture of this is comfortable. I still like to top it off with either a gloss or a lip balm underneath though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by twenty6twelve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a very purple berry color with a shine to it, I usually like to add up the color so it'll become darker like Mac's Dark Side even though it's not needed. It's a fun color to have in your collection if you're bored with the neutrals, pinks and reds. This have a satin finish which means it have a shine to it yet it's not at all as shiny as a lipgloss and it's quite long lasting as long as you do touch ups after eating and so on.