November 26, 2014 | 1778 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by exemplaryradiation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at my local grocery, mainly because I was in desperate need of a scrub and I've loved most of the Queen Helene products I've used in the past. I always use this in the shower after gently cleansing my face.

This is a solid product. It doesn't smell very good to me, it has an earthy-oatmeal scent. It's not rough to the point where it scratches me, but is a pretty abrasive scrub (which I like). I only need a dime size to do my entire face, and I've had this product for three months, use it 3-4 times a week, and have plenty left in the bottle. The scrub does what it's supposed to do - it removes all my dead skin and helps keep bumps at bay. (I like to use it to prevent ingrown hairs also.)

I left off a star because of the smell, and it doesn't do much of anything to soften my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Queen Helene products are simply amazing! I have come to really love and enjoy everything I've tried thus far and hope to find some more to try out. This scrub is really great and here's why.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Queen Helene products can be found in few places. They are not yet widely available but hopefully one day will be. I can find my QH products at Dollar General, Sally's Beauty Supply, and Family Dollar. The price is super affordable. Generally priced around $2-3 which is great considering some facial products are very expensive but this affordable product works great.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey Natural Facial Scrub is a great scrub for most skin types. Make sure to spot test before going wild all over just in case because importantly, we all have different skin types & needs. So my opinion & results will not be the same as someone else. This claims to be " a gentle cleansing natural fiber scrub w/ smoothing oatmeal & honey. It draws out impurities, unclogs pores & removes dry dead cells from the surface of skin. Honey helps to replenish lost moisture & protects skin from harsh elements. Skin will look fresh & healthy & feel soft & smooth. Apply daily or as often as desired. Ideal for use in the shower too." I use this once or twice a week depending on how my skin is. This is good for those with normal, combo or oily skin. I do have dry skin & still can use this w/out any issues of it over drying out my skin any more. Actually it helps to take away any flaky spots. This makes my skin feel smoother. I will always apply a thick moisturizer on my face after cleansing bc of my dry skin. It helps my moisturizer sink in better & also my makeup looks more even since I don't have any flaky spots. The formula or consistency is a very thick heavy cream like texture with larger granules of oatmeal throughout. If you have tried their Apricot Scrub, its similar but less harsh as the size of granules are. I love the smell of this!! It smells of delicious honey & oatmeal. It smells so yummy going on. The scent does not linger after rinsing it off. I apply in the shower. I use a nickel size dollop, then using my finger tips, rub in tiny circular motions to rub it gently. I let it sit for a minute then rinse away. I don't smell anything afterward. This is a really great affordable scrub similar to more expensive brands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey Natural Facial Scrub comes in the standard QH plastic squeezable tube. The tube is big enough to last awhile. The tube is basically white with oatmeal like coloring. Product name & claims on front as well on the back w/ directions & ingredients. The lid is also an oatmeal/brown color. Easily twists on/off. This squeezes easily, no hassles. The hole is big enough to disperse enough product w/out wasting a whole bunch either. fl oz of product which is alot. It may not seem like alot but its def alot. Only a nickel size is needed. I typically find my bottles with weekly use or so, will last a few months. Its not the prettiest or most unique packaging but it simple & effective which to me, is enough. I'd rather have a pump but i think w/ the formula it would clog up or there would be issues.
Overall, if you have not tried this product or Queen Helene, give one of their products a try. This one is really amazing! I also recommend Mint Julep Mask for those w/ more acne prone skin. I use it as area spot treatment. I highly recommend this scrub & will most def repurchase over & over!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brand. Never tried anything from them that I do not like. Honey is great because of its antimicrobial properties and is great at healing acne. Oatmeal is also a wonderful skin care staple. This scrub combines the two in a convenient tube. Great exfoliation, gentle enough for every day, smells awesome, and like all Queen Helene products, easily accessbile and affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I really like this scrub. It's better than St. Ives because I believe that St. Ives is terrible for your skin and this honey scrub is much more gentle. I use this about once a week in the shower on my face and neck and it leaves my face and neck very smooth! I then follow it with Philosophy's simple cleanser on my face and I'm all done. I'm satisfied with everything about this product. Dirt cheap, convenient, and you don't need much to use to begin with. Will re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I think this is a decent facial scrub & a very good body scrub. Despite the packaging claiming this is 'gentle', I don't really agree. Not only does it contain SLS, but there's also fragrance it in. If you have very sensitive skin it might irritate you. I have pretty sensitive skin on my face and this makes me go a little red. The scrub feels slightly harsh on my skin, so I've got to be careful and rub it in ridiculously slowly. Aside from that, it leaves my face feeling smooth and fresh, without feeling stripped of moisture. I do like it, but only use it once every 2 weeks on my face. I only need a tiny amount to cover my entire face, so the bottle lasts ages.

As for a body exfoliator, I love it. Leaves my body skin feeling lovely and clean, and doesn't feel too harsh. I like to use this before applying self-tanner...leaves me with a smooth canvas to apply my tanner on.

The smell is AMAZING, just like oats and honey.

Overall this is a good scrub. Only costs me 2.69 so it's cheap too. If you have overly sensitive skin I would not recommend this though. If it doesn't work out on your face, you could always use it on your body though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is really cheap for the amount you get! it smells yummy, like porridge with honey on (obviously lol) makes me wanna taste it!.. not sure why some people hate the smell! the 'bits' in it are really small and fine so it exfoliates REALLY well, so much better than st. ives. i use it like twice a week an it leave skin really smooth, glowing and minimizes my pores a little, also helps with blackheads (i dont have any anymore, but thats not just thanks to this mask). the smell stays on ur skin a little an my boyfriend loves that before bed lol x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, so much that I never let myself run out of it. It's a gentle exfoliator that leaves your skin smooth and soft without irritating it. It makes a great body cleanser too. Even my husband loves it and uses it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*** EDIT (2): I now use this once a week as a face scrub. It is the best I have ever used, but I have to be *really* careful not to let a *single* grain stay on my face. If there is any left, I will for sure break out there. It makes my skin look brighter, clearer and smoother for a day or two. It also helps my break outs clear up. I have used a lot of it, so I really hope I will be able to find this again once I run out. I might even buy some online if necessary, which is something I have never done for any beauty product.

----

*** EDIT: I tried using this to exfoliate my body just because it's a good product and I was so sad I couldn't use it on my face. I'm glad I did! This feels really good on my skin and I think it does a great job for that! :) Will definately repurchase if I can find it again, which I am not sure about because QH products are so damn rare where I live.

----

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me! :( Because it's indeed a very good scrub! The grainy particules aren't too rough and the smell is to die for. Unfortunately, the fragrance in this (which is very strong I must add) made me break out BADLY. Really, I mean... I used this three times in the same week, and two days in a row. That's the third time I used it that I got these results. I'm pretty sure that it's because I used it too often and I must have scrubbed a *little* too hard. And the fragrance definately was a problem for me because I had like 3 (yes 3!!) more pimples the next day - and I never saw those coming! So I figured I must have had an allergic reaction of some sort because my face had gotten really red and itchy after this third time I used it. So I'll probably reuse this when my face will be clear and healthy. I think it would be ok to use this about twice a week, just make sure you rub this really gently and don't let it sit on your skin for too long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! i am so happy that i discovered this, thanks to MUA reviews and a lucky sighting in a beauty supply store. i have never been too obsessed with face scrubs, but of all the ones i've tried (St. Ives Apricot, Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, and a few others over the years) this is definitely my favorite. like some of the other reviewers have noted, this scrub has much, much finer granules than most and isn't too harsh on the skin. i'm currently using Tazorac so by the end of the day (especially if i've been wearing foundation) i have some dry peelies to get rid of and this does the trick without causing pain and discomfort to the sensitive skin. it smells great and rinses very clean which is nice seeing as how a lot of scrubs do leave behind a kind of film or slickness on the skin which i hate. i use this at the very end of my shower, after i've washed with my cleanser, and then i apply moisturizer as soon as soon as i've dried my face off and it sinks right in beautifully on my super smooth skin :D i've also been using this every night because i like it so much and it's so gentle that it hasn't been too much for my skin at all, although i massage it onto my face carefully so it isn't too abrasive. this is a great product and you can't beat the price ($2.99 for me!) so i will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this when my st ives apricot scrub got to be a little too harsh on my skin. i liked it well enough, it smells nice and does its job, but it seems to dissolve in water? like i'd wet my face, put the scrub on, and it would scrub for a couple seconds but then dissolve. the same thing happened when i used it on my body.

it's a good exfoliant, but the dissolving factor makes you have to use sort of a lot because you have to keep replenishing the scrubbies.