Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.3

on 7/24/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Well, I've broken down and re-purchased Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter more than once because of the color--on me it really is an MLBB shade. Sort of browny-pink and very moisturizing. But...but...but...the packaging! Oh, dearie me. As another reviewer has explained in detail, the product smushes out of shape, kind of twisting around in the tube when you're not even half-way down. Then it mashes against the sides of the tube and the outer cap and...eek. What a mess. I've found myself holding the product with a tissue and squishing it back down into the tube. And, yes, it is embarrassing to take this messy thing out in public.

If Revlon could figure out how to make this in a formula that maintained its solidity better, I'd definitely give it five stars. As it stands, I won't be rushing to buy another one any time soon.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this lip butter! I bought this product looking for a pretty shade that was wearable for everyday use, I didn't want a too sheer nude or a light pink. I adored the Pink Truffle shade, it's true to what one sees in the package and leaves a beautiful sheen without glitter. Such a gorgeous brownish berry tone without the drama of actually lipstick, definitely a great purchase!

on 4/11/2015 12:44:00 PM

Love the color n creaminess of the lipsticks but the packaging is a little cheap..the cap cracked but I'm still using it! 💄

on 12/2/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula is nice on this one. Feels silky and has a little shine to it. I like that it has no glitter or shimmer like my Berry Smoothie. This lip butter is not as intense as a gloss but almost there with a hint of a wet balm look and more subtle. I do not like to wear this color on its own because on my naturally red lips it looks way too brown and dark.

I prefer to wear it over a light pink such as Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose. This way looks so much better on me and makes a gorgeous color! I love mixing the two colors together. If you own both, try mixing the two colors. I also like to wear a nude gloss over Pink Truffle such as Zoya Hot Lips - Flirt. Which lightens Pink Truffle up also.

The package is pretty good too and looks cute. Nicely sealed shut in the store. I really only prefer to buy lip products that are sealed closed so no one can open them. The product seems like it could melt very easily but I always keep this with me on the go and for like 6 months or more it has never melted but I'm sure it could.

on 11/24/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This color is my favorite out of all the lip butters, next to Berry Smoothie. I really like that this shade does not contain any shimmer and is very creamy. Out of all the colors, I believe this one applies much more smoothly and very evenly. This is a good option if you are starting to experiment with different lip colors. It is a very natural looking color, yet it is very noticeable and quite beautiful. It is a great every day lip color and it is a very pretty color for the fall. I strongly recommend this shade.

on 10/7/2013 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite go-to lip product. I wear it over other lipsticks for extra shine and moisture, and it looks very nice by itself. Feels great, smells yummy. I'm going through these like crazy; Revlon: don't stop making these, please!!!

on 7/28/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A lovely little burst of moisturising colour! Love this lippy. I have quite olive skin, and this is a very subtle, light colour on me, but I find that on the days when I want a slightly darker shade, I use a darker lippy for the outline of my lips and fill them in with my Pink Truffle lip butter :-) Lovely. Very moisturising, feels nice on my lips. My only compaint (for want of a better word) is that because it is a lip BUTTER and it is so glossy, it does come off quite easily, during drinking, eating, kissing etc, so you need to reapply to keep it looking perfecto :-) But do love this product. Have bought it more than once, and will definitely buy it again.

on 3/27/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A great colour for me, very MLBB with a sheerness to it that is quite pretty. I like the way it conditions my lips, the only slight negative I can think of is that this product line in general is not very long lasting. But aside from that they are lovely.

This one has really grown on me. Initially bought it in summer and was underwhelmed, but now in winter, after an l/s buying spree that left me fairly unsatisfied, I'm realizing that pink truffle is my perfect option for everyday. It is truly neutral on me so looks great with both cool and warm eye/ cheek combos. A medium nude that doesn't leave me washed out. I love that it's sparkle free and looks good with both colorful and naked eye looks. Between this and L'Oreal Gilded Pink, I'm set for daytime. (Until summer and Tutti Frutti season!)

on 3/6/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing color and an amazing lip butter. It has such a smooth and soft application and it has a creamy finish, not shiny or glassy. I have other revlon lip butters in other colors, but this one looks best on me. I have medium skin, very dark brown hair and very dark eyes, overall dark features. I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so this comes out as a sort of dusty, mute pink on me, not at all peach like the others have written. I feel that the name description fits very well, its a bit of a browned pink. I've been looking forever for a color like this, very natural! I highly recommend.

Recommended for Medium Skin