October 25, 2014 | 1896 users online

Crème - Paula Dorf - Perfect Glo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by AshleyNBLovesYa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation daily and love it! It glides on so smoothly .. especially when used with Paula Dorf's primer. It makes my skin feel amazing! It dries to a smooth, velvety finish and gives my skin a pretty airbrushed look.. love love love it! and I love how many compliments I get while wearing it. While it is pretty pricey, it is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I could see it working well for someone with good skin, looking for medium coverage. I didn't care for the brush it came with (too much work to get it to blend) but it went on perfectly with a makeup sponge. Nice, natural coverage. Expensive, but worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by PonyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to a promotion at a local cosmetic store and the make up artist used this on me. I love it. It's nice and creamy and provides just the right amount of coverage for me. I do live in a dry comment and have pretty normal skin so I can't really say how it would do in a humid climate or on someone with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Laura22

This is one of my favorite foundations. Nice and creamy, blends well, natural looking with good coverage (even seems to diminish wrinkles abit...not that it claims to). I saw it on a friend one night and thought she looked many years younger so I went out and got mine. I agree it might not work well for someone with oily skin. I would have liked to rate it 4.5 because I would like a little more of a dewy finish (just in the mood these days) although other then that its a 5. I just bought another one.
UPDATE: Now that I have more experience, I would say that this is not the most natural look. Its still lovely, and creates a youthful look, but I wear it more for nights on the town rather then day to day. I realize the cost is quite high too given how quickly you can go through a compact. I lowered the rating on the packaging too because one of my compacts broke (aargh). I'm NC 30-35 (chanel beige 2 or 40) and I wear champagne in the winter and bisque in the summer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by gwhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Perfect Glo. I use Ivory or Parchment, depending on the season (and my mood). I do find that I have to use a moisturizer and that it looks much better on my skin when I use a foundation primer; otherwise, my large pores tend to show a little bit. Unlike some of the other Perfect Glo users, I definitely use powder--after I have applied Perfect Glo and my concealer applI press either pressed or loose powder into the foundation with a flocked powder puff (incidentally, I use Paula Dorf's Large Powder Puff which I can also highly recommend). My skin has never looked better...and I'm thirty-something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by delhi

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this product. I wish I could buy one for every MUAer out there. I have this is parchment. It's a perfect match for my light eurasian skin tone. It covers and gives me a glow without a heavy foundation look. PD is such a great line, i'm really scared that's it's going to be dropped by sephora (I heard nordie's is phasing it out). If so i'll have to purchase this in bulk! The is SERIOUS HOLY GRAIL!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal skin that may get very slightly dry in the coldest months. Like any good makeup junkie, I was feeling bored with my tried and true Becca foundation and decided to try something new. I sampled this a couple of times at Sephora before finally purchasing. It was difficult for me to find a good match. I thought I was Champagne, but once I got it home and applied it over all of my face, I looked ghostly. On to Ivory, still too light. Finally, Bisque.
I wore it a couple of times, and just did not like the finish. It did not glow. It actually looked fairly flat, rather mask-like, not natural! Coverage was heavier than expected, even when applied sparingly with my own foundation brush. I tried again with a primer, and that did improve the over all finish. In both cases, I did note settling into little lines, etc. This foundation required more frequent touch-ups as the day went on to smooth out settled areas, as well as having to blot more often. No foundation should require this much effort! I thought it was terribly over priced as well. I ended up returning it to Sephora and I will continue on with Becca. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 9:15:00 AM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect Glo really does live up to its name. Its gives light to medium coverage with a gorgeous dewy finish. I never liked the idea of a foundation in a compact, because I associated it with being cakey--but not this. You have to be careful not to use too much or it can go to the greasy side. I'm getting used to the foundation brush--I use it to put a few dabs of the product on my face, then I blend with my fingers. Its really pricey at $42, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Stylebaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and I found this creamy foundation great for smoothing a little here and there to even out skintone. It blends very easily and matches my skin tone perfectly. But! I really wouldn't recommend it as as an overall foundation, I think it would be too heavy and it also does cake up around the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lipglossqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was slightly put off by the comments that the other ladies submitted, so I definitely didn't go to the store to buy this product. But the MA ofcourse recommended I try it, and I did. And I ended up buying it (Along with my original purchase intention: Moisture Foundation). This is a great compact foundation - if you really wanted to like Chantecaille Real Skin but found it didn't offer enough coverage, then try Perfect Glo. Same concept with a bit more coverage. Really makes your skin "glo". Jennifer Garner wears this on Alias, and her skin always looks beautiful. Also really love the mini-foundation brush it comes with. Much more hygienic than the sponge from Chantecaille. If you have oily/combo skin, this might not be for you because it does make skin a little dewy, but if your skin is dry, then you have met your match! Great colour selection too...