Cover Girl Lip Perfection

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

on 12/8/2014 3:15:00 PM

Did Cover Girl discontinue this line? Just when biddies were getting back on the brown lipstick train? That sucks because my absolute favorite brown lipstick is this in Bewitch. It makes me want to cry I love it so much. Believe me, I get that the 90s rusty brown lipstick thing is very hated by makeup connoisseurs, even though Kylie J is bringing it back.

But I've always loved it and this lipstick is my homegirl. It's brown with a teeny hint of red, like a brown/ brick red color. I never sweep it on because then it just looks brown, but I always dab it on and it looks matte and pretty. Do it.

on 7/5/2014 5:20:00 PM

I did not like these lipsticks, I have two and never use them. They are way too waxy and slippery :(

on 5/13/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This review is for the shade "Delicious". It's a very wearable light pinky mauve with slight lilac undertones. Very pretty color, and a nice smooth formula. My first CG lipstick and really liking it so far, I'll definitely buy more colors.

on 7/25/2013 1:10:00 PM

I am usually not a huge fan of CoverGirl products, but this one surprised me. I actually have it in 3 different colors now. It is very affordable and stays on pretty good. I have MaryKay lipsticks that cost more than twice as much and are about the same quality as these. I also love that CoverGirl is a brand you can get anywhere and you can always find a coupon for it!!! The color sample on the bottom is pretty much spot on for what color the stick is (unlike some brands that have the color sticker on the bottom instead) I have "Tempt", "Precious", and "Fervor" and I plan on exploring even more colors next time I have a good coupon! The only reason I knocked them a lippie is I am not a huge fan of buying makeup that is not totally sealed when you buy it. You can usually tell when one has been opened, but it still makes me nervous. Shrink wrap the whole thing or something LOL

It's perfect for what you want in a lipstick.
PROS:
It lasts so long without drying
The color is rich and super pigmented
It's cheaaaap!
The color is very true to what is advertised.

No Cons!

on 10/22/2012 2:38:00 PM

I received this lipstick as a Christmas gift in Tempt and I LOVE it! I've always been a red-lipstick fan and now I have the perfect lipstick!! It's moisturizing and comfortable on the lips, absolutely no stick! I've never really noticed the smell before or the taste but I suggest that if you have problems you can use Cover Girl's Fruit Spritzer Gloss, it smells nice and it tastes delicious lol! Strawberry is a great red color. But this is a great product and I would definitely buy this again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have three of these, sultry, burn, and rich. And I love all three of them! This whole line, as the name suggests, is truly perfection! Gorgeous, pigmented colors, goes on super smooth and moisturizes your lips so well. It lasts long enough, but obviously not the whole day and inevitably you'd have to reapply if you want to stick to the vibrant color. All in all, excellent line--no matter what color would give you amazing pigmentation and moisture so I highly recommend this! :)

on 10/9/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on accident. I thought it was the Maybelline Color Sensational brand, and when I got it home and tried it on I knew I'd purchased the wrong product. The color I purchased is Temptation #285, which is a bright coral that leans towards orange. I really like the color. The formula feels nice and creamy at first, but it fades to a stain very quickly and dries out my lips so much that they are uncomfortable. I gave it two lippies because it's long lasting and inexpensive. I think Cover Girl was trying to copy the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, and they missed the mark. I recommend Maybelline instead.

on 8/24/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow, this is the best lipstick product other than Black Radiance.. The colors are extremely vibrant and long-lasting. My only qualms is that they do not offer a good creamy red color, but that's ok, I'm more of a berry type of girl.

I have Divine, Eternal (my favorite rich berry color), and Spellbound. I like how the lipstick stains and stays on your lips.

The packaging is sturdy.

on 8/3/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What a fantastic lipstick! So many others I've tried have been much too sticky or dry or not true to the claimed color. I LOVE this one, I have it in Hot Passion (305). It's like putting on very nice lip balm (the formula is silky smooth), and it's very pigmented. I only need two coats to achieve the bright red color I wanted. This is VERY pink-based. The first coat I put on was an extremely vibrant fuschia, so I applied it again to get the color Drew Barrymore has -- exactly -- in her ads for the product. Side note #1: since it is very thick and so vibrantly colored, you cannot make mistakes with this! Side note #2: It stays put for a good 4-5 hours, but fades into a fine bright stain. Some people may not like that, so it could do well to reapply (I did). OVERALL: GREAT!

Popular Lipsticks