October 24, 2014 | 1705 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Great coverage, great SPF for UVA/UVB, good price, and non-comedogenic. My ONE complaint is the color range. I'm on the fair side, so the light-natural is still too dark. But this is a wonderful product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was very lucky to have found this TM at my local Big Lots awhile ago when I saw a few girls online talking about finding PF products there. I was so happy to find a few things with a great price so I always heard good things about this TM and this I knew was the time to give it a try.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as most mass discount stores like Target, Kmart & Walmart. The price will vary as with any d/s product depending on location, sales, discounts & coupons. PF is generally very expensive & I think over priced for d/s but their products are good. I would like to try a few more products from them but they are expensive to me. Healthy Wear TM is priced generally around $12. I was lucky to find mine at Big Lots for only $4.50 which is a really great price. I would repurchase bc I like it but I'd def wait for a clearance sale.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer is a great lightweight tinted moisturizer which includes a spf 50. A high spf which is great for those who want to skip that step. Its great for my super pale skin. PF claims it " protects with its SPF boosters of 50 to stay protected longer w/out residue or greasiness. Its Prevents w/ potent antioxidant blend helps to prevent future UV damage & premature signs of aging. It also restores using licorice extracts, tomato derivatives which brighten skin & diminish the appearance of sun spots. There are so many great aspects of this TM. I purchased lightest shade "Ivory to Fair #7066" which sadly is still too dark for me. Its a warm tone shade. Those w/ very pale skin like me (w/ cool undertones) will find it too dark & warm but I have other fndts that I mix this with that makes it work. The shade will work for some. The formula is a thicker moisturizer feel, applies & blends easily. I like to use a damp sponge or my fingers for more coverage. The coverage is light but still evens out skin & covers some redness & discoloration. I can't use this alone since the color doesn't work for me. Of most TM's i've tried, this one is really good. Great for those w/ good skin or those who want a lightweight non-cakey foundation feel. It doesn't feel thick or heavy on the skin. Blends out w/out drying or emphasizing my dry spots. Wears well. I don't emphasize pores or wrinkles. It blends easily into skin without drying or pulling in any areas. It will work best for normal, dry or combo skin. Those w/ oily skin beware that it may oxidize or wear off easily for you. I don't like to set w/ powder unless its really hot outside. A light dusting is enough. I like how it doesn't dry out my skin & feels good throughout the day. I didnt notice any oxidizing or vanishing areas so it stays on well. I really like the almost gel like feeling/consistency. Can even work as a primer/moisturizer for those who need more coverage. This is a really nice tinted moisturizer. I just wish it wasn't so dark but it does not dry darker, which is nice as well. On top of a primer, this lasts for around 6 hours or so before i see a natural fading as w/ any tinted moisturizer. Setting w/ a powder may help it last longer. I like the natural finish, not matte nor dewy. Its natural looking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer comes in a really fun bright orange tube. The lid has a cute little pink ribbon. The logo/labeling is in bright pink writing. I like the packaging. It always draws my eyes to it. This includes the typical 1.0 fl oz of product. This tube is hard plastic and slim. The lid pops on/off easily. The pump is easy to use. Doesn't disperse too much product. Easily pump what is needed. I find this to be great packaging. I would like more foundation to be packaged like this. The only issue I would maybe say is that you can't see through the tube so it's hard to tell how much product is left. That's my only minor complaint. Otherwise, its fun & cute & very travel friendly. Can take it in your bag & go.
Overall, this is a really great tinted moisturizer. Its on the pricier end of drugstore makeup as most PF products are but if you are looking for a lightweight but decent coverage and have normal to dry skin, this will work for you. There unfortunately not too many shades to pick from either which is a bummer but I make it work. I see myself reaching for this in all seasons. Great for summer for the less is more & also even in winter since it does not dry out my skin like more matte formulas do. Overall, a really good product from Physicians Formula. Wish I could try more from their line. I would recommend to those who are looking for the coverage of a tinted moisturizer or who don't need a whole lot of makeup. I prob won't repurchase since I bought two at Big Lots & it will take me awhile to get through them since I can't use it on its own.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dearemily777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this tinted moisturizer so much! I bought it at Big Lots for $4.00 (I think it's originally around $12-$15). I've been using this for quite some time now and my skin looks so beautiful. This is the best it has looked since my freshman year in high school (college freshman now). It's glowing, beautiful, and just gorgeous! After I wash my face at night, my skin is super soft. This will be perfect for me during the winter when my skin is extremely dry. I know it seems a little greasy (not as bad as I thought it would be), but anything with sunscreen in it will seem a little greasy. I just set it with mineral powder and I'm good to go! I would recommend this, but if you are incredibly pale, this might be a little darker for you. Overall, I am definitely satisfied with this product! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by boopipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the SPF 50. Not sure if it's just my bottle but it was very runny. I used 2 pumps per use. Very light coverage but no complaints there. It's ok, I've had better tinted moisturizers but the high SPF is nice for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rolanda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this and am really surprised by how many folks hate it, but it seems like those who dislike it have oily or combo skin. It gives my dryish skin the most beautiful finish - smooth and silky looking. There is no greasy feeling whatsoever to me, but my skin will drink up oils/moisturizers for quite a bit before they make it look shiny. I dislike thick foundations, but most TMs don't really cover enough for me. This is the best of both. Very pigmented and covers fantastically, but seems to float over pores and fine lines without accentuating them; in fact, they look diminished. The finish is very natural and looks like skin, not makeup. I have it in the two lightest colors - light to fair and fair to natural, something like that. No orange in either of them, which seems to be very unusual for these light, sheer bases. Sometimes I top it with the matching powder, or some other powder, but don't usually need to unless I get sweaty in the summer. If you are a woman of a certain age, and starting to get fine lines (and don't have oily skin), or if you have dryish skin, this is well worth a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MU2

Best coverage I have ever gotten from a TM! As others have posted, there is no way I could put a full pump on my face....just do not need that much! Maybe I use a half pump....it covers the few broken caps that I have on my cheek and evens out my skintone. The coverage is buildable if you have any stubborn areas. Love that it has spf 50, but I do not count on it for that because I use so little. So, I do use a sunscreen underneath. My skin is only slightly dry (not an option in profile, so I put "normal:) ... so during the hot summer I put a transluscent powder over it most days and I'm good. I have already repurchased once and will continue to.....

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this as a tinted moisturizer. Put a translucent powder over this and it will stay on all day! I love the packaging, the pump is PERFECT! I wish the color selection was better, but it's as expected with a tinted moisturizer. The color is (most likely) not gonna be perfect on you, but you can make it work. This has a tiny bit of a sticky feel, but nothing compared to the stickiness of many other TM's I've tried. I also love the SPF 50. Major plus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The more I wear this the more I like it. It really is a great sunscreen and foundation in one without any benzones like avobenzone or oxybenzone to irritate. I am sensitive to chemical ss and can wear this without a problem. I love products that save steps and this is one of them. It is very densely pigmented, much more than the typical tinted moisturizer. It is at least medium coverage to me. There are 4 shades and the light to natural works for my light to medium olive tone though it is a bit ashy on me. I would not say this is very moisturizing but not really drying either. I don't find it greasy at all. It does leave a dewy finish on me so maybe some reviewers are thinking it is greasy? It does settle a tiny bit into fine lines but I can see that only with my magnifying mirror. It is really a brilliant product because it offers a high spf and some uva blockers (titanium dioxide and zinc). I don't use a quarter tsp of this as is recommended with ss because it would be way too masklike due to the high level of pigement in this, so I may not be getting the full spf but I am still thrilled if I am getting 20 or 30 out of it. There is really nothing else like this offered in the drugstore. The packaging is excellent! Nice airless type pump. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by morganreason

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it. this is my HG tinted moisterizer. if i am running late, i just put this on my face and go! it leaves a very pretty dewy finish with light coverage. it doesnt look like you have too much on, but very natural. it is a little bit on the pricy side, but sometimes you can find them BOGO or 50% off. i keep this in my purse just as a touch up during the day. warning-it can be sticky, just use a moisterizer under it and youre good to go :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not like this Tinted Moisturizer at all, and I eventually had to throw it away. First, the smell is a big turn off. It is very strong, to the point that I could still catch whiffs of it hours after application. It does do a good job of coverage, but that is the only positive for me. It makes my skin feel extremely oily throughout the day and I have pretty normal skin. I have to put moisturizer underneath, but I think most tinted moisturizers require a little more help. I had to purchase the very lightest shade provided; I believe it's Ivory to Fair. I usually wear Bare Escentuals foundation in Medium Beige and Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation in Sunny Beige.