Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/13/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For about $2 per color, the price simply cannot be beat! I picked up 4 of them when they were buy one, get one 50% off at Walgreens. These are good and are definitely worth more than you paid for them, but they aren't GREAT. I really like the color selection - I got them in Spiked With Rum (915B), Bare It All (902C), Just Peachy (903C), and Wine Room (906D).

They do have quite a bit of drag when you apply them on your lips and I definitely recommend applying an especially hydrating lip balm beforehand; they do tend to feel quite dry after an extended period of time.

One thing that was a bit of a nuisance to me was the cap. I found it quite difficult to take off & recap the lipstick without scraping some of the product on accident. This is probably because the lipstick doesn't retract all the way into the barrel until you used up a decent chunk of it.

Absolutely great for the price, that's all I got to say. But remember to use a lip balm!

on 2/2/2015 9:43:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE this product. It's so creamy and pigmented and it looks so good on my lips. My lips don't feel dry at all and I don't even use lip balm before applying. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and definitely keep repurchasing. I like this product even more than my MAC lipsticks. ALSO, let's not forget the pricing. I bought mine for 1.99 at Walgreens. I'm just so happy I purchased this because now I don't have to spend $10+ on one lipstick. The ONLY thing I do not like about this product is the packaging. It is tolerable, but it is a little annoying. Despite this, the product is still amazing.

on 9/4/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombré lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

on 8/17/2014 7:53:00 AM

UPDATE 10/1/14: Ok, so I have delved deeper into these (they are cheap and I have hoarding issues). Here is what I have learned:

1) As mentioned below, many of the shades are just off, too heavy or too much. I have had bad luck with Cherry Picking, Think Pink, Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here with the colors just being way off and cartoonish & plastic on me. They are extreme versions with no subtleties or nuances

2) New discovery - If the shade seems it should have any brown, peach or beige in it and you are one of those people that everything turns orange on, these are the worse offenders (meaning it will come off uber orange on you). That muted MLBB color that looks pinky brown on others will look flat out rust orange on you (Bare It All)

3) SAVING GRACE - The saving grace of this lines for my NW20, deep winter complexion are the vampy shades. The raisin (can't remember exact name but has Raisin in it) is gorgeous! Cherry Bomb is gorgeous. Bordeaux Blvd is gorgeous. So for cheap, vampy shades hit up WnW. But I had issues with many of the other shades. And if they didn't have these gorgeous dark shades, I would have been ready to write off the whole line. But the vampy shades don't come off as plastic like the shades I had problems with in #1. They don't go orange on me like the problems I had with the MLBB shades in #2. And these seem to offer the most "cheap drugstore dupes" for higher end shades. Many have said for example, that Cherry Bomb is a dupe for MAC Diva.

4) Pat these on for less patchy application. If I drag this across my lips unless they are perfectly prepped I will get a patchy spot. Blotting, tapping, dabbing them on gives me a smoother look.

ORIGINAL POST: These lippies are frustrating for me. Yes, if you are on a budget, have at it. But I have three and all have disappointed a bit. I have Sugar Plum Fairy, Cherry Picking and the Mauve one...can't remember the exact name. I started with SPF because many said it was a dupe for MAC Rebel. And yes, in color it is close. But when I finally bought Rebel, I couldn't even touch SPF after. Rebel glided on into an easy to wear effortless perfection. SPF was draggy, heavy and sooo much on the lip IME compared to Rebel. Cherry Picking and the Mauve color both had the same problem, they feel so heavy and over powering on the lips compared to similar shades in different formulas. While the color on SPF was nice, Cherry Picking was just too much (and I can wear bold...I think it was the finish of the lippie) and the Mauve color came off hot pink and no where near the mauve I wanted it to be.

These aren't awful, but they are not great either. For d/s I prefer Revlon.

on 8/5/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Mochalicious and I love it. I plan on buying more in different shades. I always use lip balm or carmex underneath. It's really drying. There's no smell to it unlike the SPF lipsticks they have. My one complaint is the packaging. I hate that the lipstick gets all over the cap. It makes me look sloppy when I'm actually trying to be very careful when putting it away.

on 7/25/2014 9:39:00 PM

I have these in the shades Rosebud, cherry picking, bare it all, and just peachy.

As far as drug store lippies go, these are amazing. They are pigmented, creamy, long lasting, and really REALLY cheap!
I would suggest using chapstick underneath, as they are matte and can be a little drying (no where near as bad as MAC mattes)

The only big down fall to these is the horrid packaging. But, for 2$ I won't complain.

on 7/5/2014 5:09:00 PM

I can't believe how great these lipsticks are for less than 2 dollars! I love matte lips and these are perfect. I have 7 of them and plan on buying the rest. They can be a little drying but what matte lipstick isn't, I just apply lip balm before and it doesn't bother me. They also have really good staying power. I hope they eventually come out with more shades especially more nudes.

on 7/3/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these lipsticks over my higher end lipsticks mainly because the range of colors are so unique! It's hard to find lipstick colors similar to In the Flesh/Sandstorm/Spiked With Rum that offers the same rich color payoff and opacity. I wasn't a fan of the lighter shades on me especially Think Pink/Just Peachy. But I do have to say Cinnamon Spice, Spiked With Rum, and Bare It All are my all time holy grail lipstick colors. Yeah, it's drying but after a while I just get used to it since everything else about the lipstick is on point. The longevity is fantastic and the best part about these lipsticks are that they are opaque yet don't bleed out of the lips. A+ in my book!

on 6/10/2014 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Would I repurchase? Yes, and have many backups of colors I love. Personally, the packaging is a non issue for me because what is inside is like gold...so creamy and long lasting. What I do to prevent any worrisome purse destruction from my lipsticks (all brands not just this one) is I have a small lipstick only bag in my purse that I carry and change out my lipsticks everyday depending on what I am wearing. That way the mess is contained. I have a separate bag for all the rest of my makeup for my purse. So much is made of the crappy packaging of these lipsticks but I just don't see it that way. They are functional and get the job done...kind of like the lipstick inside. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Happy Lipsticking! ❤️

on 4/18/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried loving this product!!! It was super cheap at Walgreens for only two dollas!!!! Buuuttttt it absolutely sucks. It was very cakey looking and dried out my lips. I couldn't even smooth it out...it makes it worse if you do. Save your money!

Popular Lipsticks