December 21, 2014 | 1638 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombré lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 10/1/14: Ok, so I have delved deeper into these (they are cheap and I have hoarding issues). Here is what I have learned:

1) As mentioned below, many of the shades are just off, too heavy or too much. I have had bad luck with Cherry Picking, Think Pink, Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here with the colors just being way off and cartoonish & plastic on me. They are extreme versions with no subtleties or nuances

2) New discovery - If the shade seems it should have any brown, peach or beige in it and you are one of those people that everything turns orange on, these are the worse offenders (meaning it will come off uber orange on you). That muted MLBB color that looks pinky brown on others will look flat out rust orange on you (Bare It All)

3) SAVING GRACE - The saving grace of this lines for my NW20, deep winter complexion are the vampy shades. The raisin (can't remember exact name but has Raisin in it) is gorgeous! Cherry Bomb is gorgeous. Bordeaux Blvd is gorgeous. So for cheap, vampy shades hit up WnW. But I had issues with many of the other shades. And if they didn't have these gorgeous dark shades, I would have been ready to write off the whole line. But the vampy shades don't come off as plastic like the shades I had problems with in #1. They don't go orange on me like the problems I had with the MLBB shades in #2. And these seem to offer the most "cheap drugstore dupes" for higher end shades. Many have said for example, that Cherry Bomb is a dupe for MAC Diva.

4) Pat these on for less patchy application. If I drag this across my lips unless they are perfectly prepped I will get a patchy spot. Blotting, tapping, dabbing them on gives me a smoother look.

ORIGINAL POST: These lippies are frustrating for me. Yes, if you are on a budget, have at it. But I have three and all have disappointed a bit. I have Sugar Plum Fairy, Cherry Picking and the Mauve one...can't remember the exact name. I started with SPF because many said it was a dupe for MAC Rebel. And yes, in color it is close. But when I finally bought Rebel, I couldn't even touch SPF after. Rebel glided on into an easy to wear effortless perfection. SPF was draggy, heavy and sooo much on the lip IME compared to Rebel. Cherry Picking and the Mauve color both had the same problem, they feel so heavy and over powering on the lips compared to similar shades in different formulas. While the color on SPF was nice, Cherry Picking was just too much (and I can wear bold...I think it was the finish of the lippie) and the Mauve color came off hot pink and no where near the mauve I wanted it to be.

These aren't awful, but they are not great either. For d/s I prefer Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Lanikoerte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Mochalicious and I love it. I plan on buying more in different shades. I always use lip balm or carmex underneath. It's really drying. There's no smell to it unlike the SPF lipsticks they have. My one complaint is the packaging. I hate that the lipstick gets all over the cap. It makes me look sloppy when I'm actually trying to be very careful when putting it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in the shades Rosebud, cherry picking, bare it all, and just peachy.

As far as drug store lippies go, these are amazing. They are pigmented, creamy, long lasting, and really REALLY cheap!
I would suggest using chapstick underneath, as they are matte and can be a little drying (no where near as bad as MAC mattes)

The only big down fall to these is the horrid packaging. But, for 2$ I won't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how great these lipsticks are for less than 2 dollars! I love matte lips and these are perfect. I have 7 of them and plan on buying the rest. They can be a little drying but what matte lipstick isn't, I just apply lip balm before and it doesn't bother me. They also have really good staying power. I hope they eventually come out with more shades especially more nudes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I love these lipsticks over my higher end lipsticks mainly because the range of colors are so unique! It's hard to find lipstick colors similar to In the Flesh/Sandstorm/Spiked With Rum that offers the same rich color payoff and opacity. I wasn't a fan of the lighter shades on me especially Think Pink/Just Peachy. But I do have to say Cinnamon Spice, Spiked With Rum, and Bare It All are my all time holy grail lipstick colors. Yeah, it's drying but after a while I just get used to it since everything else about the lipstick is on point. The longevity is fantastic and the best part about these lipsticks are that they are opaque yet don't bleed out of the lips. A+ in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I repurchase? Yes, and have many backups of colors I love. Personally, the packaging is a non issue for me because what is inside is like gold...so creamy and long lasting. What I do to prevent any worrisome purse destruction from my lipsticks (all brands not just this one) is I have a small lipstick only bag in my purse that I carry and change out my lipsticks everyday depending on what I am wearing. That way the mess is contained. I have a separate bag for all the rest of my makeup for my purse. So much is made of the crappy packaging of these lipsticks but I just don't see it that way. They are functional and get the job done...kind of like the lipstick inside. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Happy Lipsticking! ❤️

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by alive8604

I tried loving this product!!! It was super cheap at Walgreens for only two dollas!!!! Buuuttttt it absolutely sucks. It was very cakey looking and dried out my lips. I couldn't even smooth it out...it makes it worse if you do. Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone please try them nd u will love them (: every color is to die for in the makeup world lol for $2 or $3 bucks nd they are smooth to the lips

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this. lip product!!! It severely accuentuates my dry lips and looks crusty and flaky just within 5 minutes of wearing it. The colors are pretty but if you have dry lips this will only makes it look worse whether or not you use lip balm! If you don't have dry lips it might work for you but it does not for me!3