Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.2

These lipsticks are absolutely amazing!
They are very pigmented
They last on your lips like for hours !
If you like matte lips you need these in your life.
The price is so reasonable aswell .
I've got about 8 different colours, from pale neutrals to the more vibrant orange and reds .
I like some of them even more than my mac lipsticks and that's saying something!
They are a little drying on the lips. But I use a transparent lip balm before applying.
But with most matte lipsticks they can be on the dry side.
Honestly don't hesitate to buy these lipsticks they are truly amazing!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought Vamp It Up which is a very dark purplish color that almost looks black. I never have any complaints or issues with packaging because I just really don't care about it, but in this case the lipstick doesn't go down all the way so when you're putting the cap on or taking it off, it nicks the lipstick an you end up with some inside the cap. It's summer so I haven't worn this lipstick when I go out yet, but I can say it's somewhat difficult to apply. The pigmentation is wonderful and the lipstick is very opaque but it's hard to apply because the way the lipstick is shaped, it doesn't go well with the shape of your lips. You can't apply with a light hand, you have to press down when applying and it kinda tugs at your lips because the lipstick is not creamy. Even though it's a matte finish it's not drying at all. Of course a major plus is the price and I think I paid around $1 for mine. I've also heard it stays true to its name "megalast".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't even know where to begin on how amazing these lipsticks are!
The pigmentation is phenomenal, especially after you consider how cheap they are!
They last a very long time on the lips which is really handy if you don't get a chance to touch up your lipstick very often throughout the day. They are a matte formula so you have to be careful to moisturise your lips well before application or they can go patchy.

Because they're so cheap, it's a great way to try out new colours that you might not gravitate towards and it's not a huge loss if you decide you don't like it.

The only thing I don't love about these lipsticks is the packaging! The lipsticks (until you wear them down) comes above the actual tube it's in, so it's pretty inevitable that you'll catch the lid off the product a few times. I've collected 12 so far and I'm sure my collection will keep growing because I love them that much!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've recently become a big fan of the WnW MegaLast lipstick line.

It's weird because for years, I completely dismissed the brand out of hand. For me, it was a relic of the 80's and I associated it with the brief period of time when I was a rampant, incorrigible 12-year old shoplifter * :/.

In my defense, it was the 80's, after all. We all shoplifted a little back then because that's what we learned was perfectly normal behavior from watching after school specials. Stirrup pants, Esprit de Corps bags, neon this and that, stealing cigarettes from your mom, shoplifting cigarette lighters to smoke the cigs you stole from your mom, inside out college sweatshirts, acid-washed jeans, shoplifting in general and makeup especially, skipping school to smoke the cigs you stole from your mom, collecting Garbage Pail Kids cards, Love's Baby Soft cologne, teenage pregnancy, awesome candy — they all defined that era.

And also, Wet 'n' Wild makeup.

At the time, it was cheap but fun garbage. It still is sort of, but they've massively stepped up their game with the MegaLast lipstick line.

As of late, I've purchased at least four colors from the line. I have much fancier lipsticks in my arsenal (Hourglass, Bite Beauty, NARS, etc.), but I keep going back to my two bucks a pop WnW lippies. Stoplight Red is the most used one in my collection; Cherry Pickin' is almost equally beloved. The two mixed together are just lovely. In terms of cheap stuff, I also use NYX but vastly prefer WnW.

Highly recommended. Just don't carry them around in your purse — the caps tend to pop off randomly for no good reason. Or, do carry because cheap, but just make sure they don't have an opportunity to melt all over the place.

* In case you're wondering, I was caught, thoroughly scolded by my local donut shop cop, and never stole anything ever again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I own six Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipsticks in colors: Bare it All (902), Rose Bud (904), Wine Room (906), Mauve Outta Here (907), Sugar Plum Fairy (908), and Spiked with Rum (915). I acquired them gradually and kept getting more for several obvious reasons:
1. Staying power is great, sometimes lasts without re-applying almost entire day.
2. The colors are mat and I love that!
3. Cheap (but not cheap looking) :)
4. Gorgeous color shades (I love all the ones I have).

The only two cons I see as potentially annoying to some people (not for me though) are:
1. The cap easily gets lipstick stains and needs to be cleaned often.
2. For someone who already has dry lips, Mega Last might be a bit too drying. However, it should not be a problem if you exfoliate and hydrate your lips regularly, like I do...

Highly recommend to try if you are looking for a long lasting mat lipstick and don't want to spend much!

I tried to give these a chance but no luck. They're way too pigmented and the colors look tacky. Plus these are so drying. Even though they're cheap, they're still not worth my money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A few days ago I bought Megalast Lipstick for the very first time in Rosebud and I had it on for about 5 hours until I ate something and it didn't feel that dry and it didn't cause any dry cracks and lines on my lips so I thought the formula was fine. I also had got a few other colors and they did dry my lips some and caused a little peeling skin and lip cracks I hadn't had before using these lipsticks but I hoped that if I started to use Chapstick this would prevent this,and today I exchanged the Purty Permisonn which was too bright and had more of a blue cool tone on me,(even though most women describe this color as a warm orange type color,) and I got Sandstorm instead which is a warm reddish,brown,orange pretty color on me,and I had been wearing all of these colors with no lip balm at all.

So today I bought Chapstick after I wore the Sandstorm for 2 hours without any,and after I took it off, I put Chapstick on first and then put on the Sandstorm again,and it felt nice and moisturizing,but then about an hour later it still started to feel dry,and when I looked in the mirror,my lips had all of these cracks and lines and flaking skin that I never had before! The colors are really pretty,but it's just not worth it to get dry cracked lips from it! I don't like goopy,greasy lip gloss on my lips either,but it's still much better than this! When lips have moisturizing lip sticks,lip balms,or gloss on,they look younger and fuller,but when they are dry and cracked they look unattractive,thinner and older!

There are other long lasting lipsticks by other brands that don't dry out your lips,like NYC Expert Last Lipstick etc.I only have ever used a few lipstains,and many women say that they can dry lips too,but I never experienced anything like this wearing them for hours! Wet n Wild really needs to improve this formula and add more moisturizers and somehow make this lipstick with less of whatever ingredient(s) cause such dryness and cracking!

Also, while not long lasting,LA Colors has very pretty,moisturizing lipsticks for only a dollar at Dollar Tree and Dollar General.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For about $2 per color, the price simply cannot be beat! I picked up 4 of them when they were buy one, get one 50% off at Walgreens. These are good and are definitely worth more than you paid for them, but they aren't GREAT. I really like the color selection - I got them in Spiked With Rum (915B), Bare It All (902C), Just Peachy (903C), and Wine Room (906D).

They do have quite a bit of drag when you apply them on your lips and I definitely recommend applying an especially hydrating lip balm beforehand; they do tend to feel quite dry after an extended period of time.

One thing that was a bit of a nuisance to me was the cap. I found it quite difficult to take off & recap the lipstick without scraping some of the product on accident. This is probably because the lipstick doesn't retract all the way into the barrel until you used up a decent chunk of it.

Absolutely great for the price, that's all I got to say. But remember to use a lip balm!

I LOOOOOVE this product. It's so creamy and pigmented and it looks so good on my lips. My lips don't feel dry at all and I don't even use lip balm before applying. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and definitely keep repurchasing. I like this product even more than my MAC lipsticks. ALSO, let's not forget the pricing. I bought mine for 1.99 at Walgreens. I'm just so happy I purchased this because now I don't have to spend $10+ on one lipstick. The ONLY thing I do not like about this product is the packaging. It is tolerable, but it is a little annoying. Despite this, the product is still amazing.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombr lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials