December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This astringent in conjunction with my clindamycin topical gel is fantastic. It has salicylic acid which is definitely doing a great job at keeping my moderate acne at bay. It's very cooling and refreshing, and if you can get past the smell (think listerine) then I would definitely recommened this toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Mackye78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this sparingly to treat acne and breakouts as it dries too much to actually shrink acne and clear breakouts. Not for everyday use unless you have a good moisturizer to go along with it. Highly recommended for acne and breakout problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jtrs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Neutrogena Clear Pore for about 9 months now. I was afraid it might be too strong for my skin because it tends to be on the sensitive side. Sometimes my face peels slightly and I've decided it is because that is what is needed since most times it doesn't happen. So that is a good thing as you will see later.

Neutrogena makes a sensitive skin "oil-free mositure" & yes that is the name of it. My daughter told me about their lotion. It's perfect for the times I need lotion and it is not oily and works great as a base under makeup. I'm a baby boomer with some wrinkles so of course no one comments on your skin. However, after only three months of use I actually began getting comments on my beautiful skin. Hadn't heard that in twenty years. Hooray for Neutrogena!!

I am so glad Bonnie Bell changed their 10-0-6 formula, which I've used since I was 16. Bonnie Bell who wants to use something orange on their face? I never would have found Clear Pore by Neutrogena otherwise. Neutrogena makes a great sunscreen as well. Didn't realize I used so many Neutrogena products until I started writing this review. Neutrogena should hire me to promote their products I love so many of the things they make.

So my advice is stick with the Clear Pore for 3 or 4 months and if needed get the "oil-free mositure".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

oh i love this toner!!!! it has really helped me alot.
i will continue using this :) for ever!
i think it smells good and not to strong.
also it doesnt make my face dry and sting.
:) its amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by taylor21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a teenager and your teen years are the worst years for trying to get clear skin. I have tried ProActiv & AcneFree. I use the AcneFree cleanser & the repairing lotion but the ProActiv & AcneFree astringent has no sayl. acid. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I replaced it with the AcneFree atringent & my face is so clear right now! It smells strong, and it kinda dried out my face around my nose but it was absolutely perfect on my skin and if your skin gets dry there just take a good lotion and put it where ever dry & its great. Dry skin is better than nasty skin. I do not think your skin will get worse when using this product. I use a cotton ball with this stuff on it until there is no dirt on the cotton ball. Maybe you are using too little if nothing happens. But I love it, my skin felt cold & clean after! =) I TOTALLY RECOMMEND!

I also recommend Triple Action Astringent by Neutrogena! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahbear3

I know that this product contains the evil ingredient alcohol and by many standards should be steered well clear of, but gosh darn it, I love it because it works for me! Whatever I wash my face with, it never quite gets clean all the way, and this astringent takes care of whatever dirt, oil, and makeup remain after cleansing. I also think that the 2% BHA really cleans my pores out and prevents blackheads. I use this in conjunction with the Neutrgena 3-in-1 hydrating acne treatment, which also contains 2% BHA, and together they pretty much keep my skin clear, blackhead and acne free. I get the occasional hormonal spot or two, but not much more. I also use various other treatments and moisturizers, but these are my two staples for keeping the pimples at bay. So I know that this may be too strong for some people and it definitely won't work for everyone, but I have purchased it many times. It is a great spot treatment also. I wouldn't consider my skin extremely sensitive, but some products have caused me to break out horribly with cystic acne. Strangely, the ones that do are usually the ones with all manner of natural ingredients. So my skin likes the synthetic stuff, and I'll stick with it as long as it keeps working for me! But my skin is not necessarlily tough either, so I think those with normal skin should be able to tolerate this. But don't use if your skin is dry or irritated, it will sting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by WenChriste

I bought this at a store similar to Wal-Mart for $5.29. Its actually called "Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent". Comes in an 8 fl oz plastic bottle.
I've used it every day for the last couple of weeks. At first I thought it was drying my skin out a little but then, I'm also 42, so I do a follow up with a good moisturizer. My face doesn't have any breakouts and it seems quite soft. It definitely removes dirt and cleans the face well. It seems to be doing a good job. Worth a try for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very strong! I've had this for a long time, but I have restrained from using it as much because of the really strong smell. If you use this, I would realy advise you to close your eyes when you come really near to your eyes, even a bit further. When it gets near your eyes, it stings! As for the effect, I really can't tell even though I've had this for so long. I guess there COULD be an improvement, but not that significant that I would actually use it over and over again. I can sorta feel a little bit of stinging when I put this on my pimples and my skin isn't that sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Again, this can be a little harsh if you're using it twice a day. I've been using it at night after removing my makeup. It removes any makeup left behind. It's cheap and I like it so I'll definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: Okay, I have no idea why this works but it does. I have [i]extremely[/i] oily skin. I'm usually blotting my face two hours after applying make up. In the summer, my face is so oily that I change my pillow case nearly every day! I started using Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating scrub, Oil controlling astringent and Rapid Clear lotion- all with 2% salicylic acid. My skin is clear and if I use all these products in conjunction with Revlon's Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm for normal/combination skin, I don't have to blot or powder my nose until 2 p.m. And I put my makeup on at 5:30 a.m! And then I don't have to powder or blot again before removing it at 9 p.m. I've tried the Neutrogena products with other foundations (I've got a drawer full!) and it doesn't work with them. I'm right back to blotting and powdering like crazy. It only works with the Age Defying foundation. Needless to say, that's all I use now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by beautiful_disaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this off and on for about 6 years now and I love it. I use it after Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser and it doesn't dry my face out. Plus I apply it to my back after using the Neutrogena Body Clear Wash and it helps considerably with back acne! I know, I sound like a walking advertisement for Neutrogena but I really like their products!