Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 7/28/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eyeliner I have tried (and I have tried tons!) For a while I really liked MAC Teddy, but I noticed it smeared and wiped off sometimes. So a friend reccommended this eyeliner, and I have it in almost every color (I usually use brown for day and black for nights out.) This stuff is pretty tough to get off and lasts through sweat, water, tears, etc. I use Neutrogena Eye Make-Up Remover pads and it seems to remove it pretty well. I still really like the sparkly brown effect of Teddy and another MAC eyeliner, Prunella, so sometimes I'll put on Revlon then layer a MAC eyeliner on top! I also love the packaging and the fact that it has a built in sharpener. The only complaint is that I find it runs out a little too quickly, but I also am almost never without eyeliner. Also, it's not that expensive so it's not a huge deal.

on 7/28/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this eye liner, this is better than some department store brands. This stuff stays on all day until you take it off. I have lived in humid FL, and also Texas and this stuff stays put. Infact, sometimes when I take it off even using eye maker remover I have some difficulty removing all traces of it. This to me has much better staying power then the liquid color stay eye liner. Try this you wont be dissapointed, I have tried many, and I mean many eye liners and this one is THE best.

on 7/28/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Brown. The color is a little too light for my dark brown eyes and black-brown hair, probably best for light brunettes or blondes. The pencil is a very thin, twist-up type. I like that I can twist it up and down. The sharpener on the bottom is a joke and can easily break the soft tip off (very aggravating). Since the pencil is softer, it doesnít pull on the eye and the staying power is pretty good, although in humid Texas summers, I do need to add powder to increase staying power (which makes it last about 6 hours). (For the record, I have very oily lids and getting eyeliner to stay put has been a struggle for years until I found Make Up For Everís Aqua Eyes Eyeliner pencil.) Make Up For Everís Aqua Eyes are much, much better than this when it comes to staying power. Although this eyeliner is much cheaper than MUFE, the quality is not as good and Iím willing to shell out extra cash for a better eyeliner. I wonít buy this again.

I use MAC Fluidline religiously for my top lids, but I'm phobic about irritating my waterline with gel liner. The Revlon Colorstay liner is perfect for the waterline! The price of this is great for me because I find it unnecessary to purchase an expensive liner for just my waterline.

I naturally have very watery eyes, and somehow this stuff stays put throughout the entire day. To prevent smudging, I use this in conjunction with a tiny bit of Urban Decay Primer Potion. Works wonders! I will definitely repurchase. It's by far the best drugstore pencil liner I've tried.

on 7/27/2008 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because it's so cheap and readily available. I've been using this for over a year now...and today I had to admit to myself "this really isn't all that great". Some women have the perfect, smooth lines drawn on their lids. I am definitely not one of them. I kept thinking if only I improve on my technique...things will be better...well I am very precise now with my lines after a year of doing this and yet the look still doesn't look polished. I know there is something much better out there. Smears easily and doesn't stay especially in the hot weather. I just have to find something better now.

AHHHH! I still can't find something just as economical and better. I just bought 2 more for the price of 1 1/2. Hoping these will be my last 2.

Honestly this sucks. If I am not careful, I can look really terrible. It's too oily and doesn't apply smoothly.

on 7/27/2008 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great eyeliner, but it does smudge a bit for me. I have this in black, and I think it's a little too dark for my skin/green eyes, so I bet it would be so much better in brown or something. Anyway, it goes on very smoothly, and looks beautiful. It also stays on all day and doesn't disappear completely like some eyeliners do. But like I already said before, it does smudge a bit, particularly under my bottom lashes and in my crease. I'll definetly repurchase it, but in brown next time.

on 7/26/2008 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't see the strong pigmentation, but I like it nonetheless. It doesn't smear & stays on all day. It's such a relief because I've been looking forever. I also like that its not a pencil, but a self sharpening.. thing (dunno what its called, lol).
I'm kind of cheap, especially on eyeliner, but Revlon ColorStay always has coupons and is usually on sale somewhere, so its not too bad. :)

I remember trying this eyeliner at a friends house and it impressed me it stood all day, the eyeliner didn;t tug or pull my eyelids and it was a very pigmented black

on 7/14/2008 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only use this for tightlining and for my waterline,so i cant say how well this works on the lid.
But its FANTASTIC on my waterline and when i tightline.
The sharpener it comes with( at the end of the pencil) works well too, so its always sharp.This stays on the whole day! GREAT!

on 7/10/2008 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for my oily skin. No running or smearing. Only negative for me is there is no easy way to get it real sharp after a few uses. I have wasted a lot of product trying to use the sharpener it comes with.