Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 8/25/2008 8:16:00 PM

This is a fantastic value. It is comparable to the MAC waterproof eye pencil. It is hard to sharpen, but if you like a thicker line, it will last as long as a waterproof gel eyeliner. GREAT

on 8/19/2008 3:56:00 PM

I feel this is a little overhyped. I applied it and all went well, but it started to fade not long after.

on 8/18/2008 11:46:00 PM

Overall this eyeliner is... decent- better than most. I have the most watery waterline and the oiliest eyelids, therefore eyeliners refuse to stay on me. They crease on my lids and dissolve on my waterline. Even waterproof gel liner is no match for me. This eyeliner compared to others I've tried was better but still not a miracle. It slides right off my waterline to the corner of my eye but less so than most eyeliners. I also can't sharpen it to a sharp edge easily so I can't make a thin, subtle line on my upperline. It's good for tightlining and it was a dark color which I love. Overall, it's decent. I would actually recommend to people bc not everyone has impossible eyes like mine

on 8/16/2008 9:43:00 AM

BEST EYELINER EVER! Ive tried them all, and this gives the strongest black and is the most long lasting! I use this for my upper lid, and MACs smolder to line inside my bottom lid, absolutely lovely!
Oh and the price is awesome!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suppose I could call this my HG, but to be honest noting is steadfast in my make up box. However, this pencil has been my number 1, every day pencil for a few years now. It find it to be the perfect balance between soft and bullet proof Ė a little of both. It is soft enough to go on smoothly, and you can blend or smoke it with a bit of work if you want to. However, it is not so soft that it smudges everywhere, or run. I donít rim often, but when I do, this works fine for me. (fyi, I do not have oily skin, and I use concealer, which may help.) It is reasonably priced, and can often be found on sale. Also, be on the look out for 2 for 1 packages that Iíve come across from time to time. I also love the packing, the auto pencil is very convenient. There is a small sharpener on the end if you desire an even finer tip (which I hardly use, but it great to have).

Regular retail is about $7.

Colors available: black, black brown, brown, charcoal, navy, blackberry, cocoa & teal. (I have only used black myself, but want to try the others.)

bumping it down to a 4... there are softer ones for this price range that last just as long now. I still think these a good though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This liner is long-wearing and cheap. Most of the time at CVS or Walgreens, you can get a BOGO deal.

on 8/12/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this liner for years. I love that I don't have to sharpen it and it comes on so smoothly. I can create a precise line using this pencil. Over the years, many people thought I was wearing a liquid eyeliner, but it was this pencil that created that look. I never had a problem with it smudging and I tend to have oily lids.
I took away a lippie because the last one that I purchased appears to have dried out. I didn't even have it for two months when this happened. It may have been an old pencil...who knows, since it doesn't have a exp date.

on 8/10/2008 2:37:00 PM

i have bought this throughout years. At first i loved it, it was very creamy and the pigmentation is great. However now that ive started using it again i realized it smudges so easily and i have to spend 20 minutes wiping of the rest from under my eye. i wont be purchasing again.

on 8/9/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very, very oily eyelids. Whenever I put anything on my eye, even if i put a layer of powder underneath and then apply eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc, usually the makeup does not last 2 hours. Heard good reviews about this product, so I decided to try it. I think it holds its name as a "colorstay" product pretty well. The eyeliner didn't smudge until 4+ hours, and the smudge was very slight. Easily fixed with a Q-tip.

Finally! I finally found a pencil eyeliner that doesn't move a bit! After trying out a good amount of eyeliners for my bottom lid, this is by far the best. Now, it's not completely smudge-proof, as in if you rub your eye or something, it's going to come off. So just don't touch your face/eyes, it's bad for it anyways. I love the fact that this is the first eyeliner I have tried that doesn't collect in the corners of my eyes after an hour. The price is about $7 which is pretty good for what it does. My HG eyeliner, definitely. Loveee it.