Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suppose I could call this my HG, but to be honest noting is steadfast in my make up box. However, this pencil has been my number 1, every day pencil for a few years now. It find it to be the perfect balance between soft and bullet proof Ė a little of both. It is soft enough to go on smoothly, and you can blend or smoke it with a bit of work if you want to. However, it is not so soft that it smudges everywhere, or run. I donít rim often, but when I do, this works fine for me. (fyi, I do not have oily skin, and I use concealer, which may help.) It is reasonably priced, and can often be found on sale. Also, be on the look out for 2 for 1 packages that Iíve come across from time to time. I also love the packing, the auto pencil is very convenient. There is a small sharpener on the end if you desire an even finer tip (which I hardly use, but it great to have).

Regular retail is about $7.

Colors available: black, black brown, brown, charcoal, navy, blackberry, cocoa & teal. (I have only used black myself, but want to try the others.)

bumping it down to a 4... there are softer ones for this price range that last just as long now. I still think these a good though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This liner is long-wearing and cheap. Most of the time at CVS or Walgreens, you can get a BOGO deal.

on 8/12/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this liner for years. I love that I don't have to sharpen it and it comes on so smoothly. I can create a precise line using this pencil. Over the years, many people thought I was wearing a liquid eyeliner, but it was this pencil that created that look. I never had a problem with it smudging and I tend to have oily lids.
I took away a lippie because the last one that I purchased appears to have dried out. I didn't even have it for two months when this happened. It may have been an old pencil...who knows, since it doesn't have a exp date.

on 8/10/2008 2:37:00 PM

i have bought this throughout years. At first i loved it, it was very creamy and the pigmentation is great. However now that ive started using it again i realized it smudges so easily and i have to spend 20 minutes wiping of the rest from under my eye. i wont be purchasing again.

on 8/9/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very, very oily eyelids. Whenever I put anything on my eye, even if i put a layer of powder underneath and then apply eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc, usually the makeup does not last 2 hours. Heard good reviews about this product, so I decided to try it. I think it holds its name as a "colorstay" product pretty well. The eyeliner didn't smudge until 4+ hours, and the smudge was very slight. Easily fixed with a Q-tip.

Finally! I finally found a pencil eyeliner that doesn't move a bit! After trying out a good amount of eyeliners for my bottom lid, this is by far the best. Now, it's not completely smudge-proof, as in if you rub your eye or something, it's going to come off. So just don't touch your face/eyes, it's bad for it anyways. I love the fact that this is the first eyeliner I have tried that doesn't collect in the corners of my eyes after an hour. The price is about $7 which is pretty good for what it does. My HG eyeliner, definitely. Loveee it.

on 8/7/2008 4:29:00 PM

This eyeliner has become one of my daily essentials. I use the black slightly smudged along my upper eyelid and the navy or purple to subtly outline the lower. It goes on very smoothly and, under normal circumstances, stays on all day. It's not completely immune to smudging or water, but for this price, the staying power can't be beat.

on 8/5/2008 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wouldn't have even bought it if it were normally at the drugstore. Well, the eyeliner was good, nothing smashing, just a good, solid lasting eyeliner that can stay on all day. It's pretty waterproof too. I normally just use a line of brown eyeliner most days on my top lashline, and this is pretty functional for that. I'm just looking for something special, that all, so that why I wouldn't buy this again. Its good for people who want s a solid practical eyeliner that lasts though.

EDIT: I used this through my -whole- high school orientation day and it stayed on PERFECTLY.... even the eyeshadow on top stayed on it!it was like a miracle, it didn't take too too much effort to take off. I have found an HG eyeliner! ♥

on 8/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the crayon eyeliner and the liquid eyeline for this Colorstay serie

I have the crayon in black and characho
I wish it can stay shape tho....otherwise, I think it's one of the best eyeliner
it doesn't stay too long on the eyeliner, but it works well for smokey eyes and natural looks

as for the liquid eyeliner, it's the best!
i have tried a several other eyeliners, but this is my favorite.
it goes on well, it stays on well and althought it's not waterproof, it's the best smudge proof i've tried

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

this is a really good eyeliner. it stays on a long time. it doesn't smudge.