Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 8/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the crayon eyeliner and the liquid eyeline for this Colorstay serie

I have the crayon in black and characho
I wish it can stay shape tho....otherwise, I think it's one of the best eyeliner
it doesn't stay too long on the eyeliner, but it works well for smokey eyes and natural looks

as for the liquid eyeliner, it's the best!
i have tried a several other eyeliners, but this is my favorite.
it goes on well, it stays on well and althought it's not waterproof, it's the best smudge proof i've tried

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

this is a really good eyeliner. it stays on a long time. it doesn't smudge.

on 7/31/2008 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think the black one is great in terms of color and lasting power (not along waterline though). However, it makes my eyes water/turn red, so I won't be using it. I wear contacts so that might be the problem. However, almay liners are better for my eyes.

on 7/29/2008 3:34:00 AM

Colorstay...not so much. I'm a big tester of eyeliners, constantly on the lookout for a non-liquid liner that really lives up to its claim of being waterproof or budge-proof. I have very oily eyelids and very deep-set eyes so most of my eyeliner ends up smudging all over my upper lid within a few hours of application, so I consider myself a good guinea pig for such claims. Colorstay doesn't even last ONE hour, and it's one of the worst ones out there, as it claims to be budge-proof but quality-wise, is equivalent to those 99-cent teen-brand pencils at ten times the price.

On the upside, it does conveniently twist up, and applies smoothly. But what's the point if it ends up smudged somewhere else after you put it on? The only thing that stays moderately well right now is Smashbox's Jet Set.

on 7/29/2008 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG! I love that its self sharpening. I have this in black and dark brown and use at least 3 days out of the week, yet it lasts me 3-4 months and it's only 7 USD. Anyway this is the ONLY drug store liner I can comfortably use on my waterline. All others make me tear up or are too hard and hurt or too soft and smudge on my oily lids. It has the perfect creamy yet stay put consistency. But since my lids are super oily, i like to put a bit of UDPP on them to prime, but I have yet to find a pencil liner (high end or low end) that stays put w/o priming and is gentle.

on 7/28/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eyeliner I have tried (and I have tried tons!) For a while I really liked MAC Teddy, but I noticed it smeared and wiped off sometimes. So a friend reccommended this eyeliner, and I have it in almost every color (I usually use brown for day and black for nights out.) This stuff is pretty tough to get off and lasts through sweat, water, tears, etc. I use Neutrogena Eye Make-Up Remover pads and it seems to remove it pretty well. I still really like the sparkly brown effect of Teddy and another MAC eyeliner, Prunella, so sometimes I'll put on Revlon then layer a MAC eyeliner on top! I also love the packaging and the fact that it has a built in sharpener. The only complaint is that I find it runs out a little too quickly, but I also am almost never without eyeliner. Also, it's not that expensive so it's not a huge deal.

on 7/28/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this eye liner, this is better than some department store brands. This stuff stays on all day until you take it off. I have lived in humid FL, and also Texas and this stuff stays put. Infact, sometimes when I take it off even using eye maker remover I have some difficulty removing all traces of it. This to me has much better staying power then the liquid color stay eye liner. Try this you wont be dissapointed, I have tried many, and I mean many eye liners and this one is THE best.

on 7/28/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Brown. The color is a little too light for my dark brown eyes and black-brown hair, probably best for light brunettes or blondes. The pencil is a very thin, twist-up type. I like that I can twist it up and down. The sharpener on the bottom is a joke and can easily break the soft tip off (very aggravating). Since the pencil is softer, it doesnít pull on the eye and the staying power is pretty good, although in humid Texas summers, I do need to add powder to increase staying power (which makes it last about 6 hours). (For the record, I have very oily lids and getting eyeliner to stay put has been a struggle for years until I found Make Up For Everís Aqua Eyes Eyeliner pencil.) Make Up For Everís Aqua Eyes are much, much better than this when it comes to staying power. Although this eyeliner is much cheaper than MUFE, the quality is not as good and Iím willing to shell out extra cash for a better eyeliner. I wonít buy this again.

I use MAC Fluidline religiously for my top lids, but I'm phobic about irritating my waterline with gel liner. The Revlon Colorstay liner is perfect for the waterline! The price of this is great for me because I find it unnecessary to purchase an expensive liner for just my waterline.

I naturally have very watery eyes, and somehow this stuff stays put throughout the entire day. To prevent smudging, I use this in conjunction with a tiny bit of Urban Decay Primer Potion. Works wonders! I will definitely repurchase. It's by far the best drugstore pencil liner I've tried.

on 7/27/2008 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because it's so cheap and readily available. I've been using this for over a year now...and today I had to admit to myself "this really isn't all that great". Some women have the perfect, smooth lines drawn on their lids. I am definitely not one of them. I kept thinking if only I improve on my technique...things will be better...well I am very precise now with my lines after a year of doing this and yet the look still doesn't look polished. I know there is something much better out there. Smears easily and doesn't stay especially in the hot weather. I just have to find something better now.

AHHHH! I still can't find something just as economical and better. I just bought 2 more for the price of 1 1/2. Hoping these will be my last 2.

Honestly this sucks. If I am not careful, I can look really terrible. It's too oily and doesn't apply smoothly.