Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

I wasn't wowed with this product but overall it's pretty decent. It does smudge on the bottom outer corner. It doesn't glide on very smooth on the bottom lid, I find it rather hard to apply on my waterline. You could say this is one of the best eyeliners I've used but I think Prestige Waterproof eyeliner is just as good.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand why this eyeliner has such a high rating (4.1 lippies out of 601 reviews as I write this). It's really not that great in my opinion. It drags at my skin, isn't very pigmented and I have to re-apply it several times to get a solid line. Even then, it's not black but a really drab brown-gray color. It doesn't smudge or fade much, but I was hoping for it to apply more smoothly and to have a more intense/more black color. I've tried Milani eyeliners that were smoother than this, more black & cheaper. I can't complain however, I bought this liner for buy 1 get 1 free. It's okay for the price.

I use this to tightline my eyes pretty much every morning. It doesn't smudge too much for me, and I only need to draw a line twice to get the intensity I want. I like =]

This is the only eyeliner I buy.

Pros:
It's fairly priced (I've paid between $7 and $10), comes in black, brown, Blk/brn, purple, navy, and a few others. It's easy to apply because the liner comes it a twist-up pen. I wear it to school, work, workout--even swimming sometimes. It lasts forever and ever...I only have to apply it ONCE and it lasts until I scrub it off...

...speaking of scrubbing..

CONS:
-Very difficult to get the residue of the eyeliner out from under your eyes even after you wash your face. Sometimes I have to use baby oil to remove it if I've put matching ColorStay eyeshadow on top.
-Liner eventually hardens and becomes difficult to apply (pulls on lids) with age
-Sharpener is crap

If you have a hard time taking it off your eyes, use and oil (olive oil, mineral oil, baby oil, vaseline, whatever....) to smear it and break down the liner. Then you can use the soap-and-water approach. DON'T manhandle the delicate area around your eye.

I love this liner. Out of all of the eye liners I have tried in the past. This ones smudges the least, and stays on the best. I've tried a number of other types of liners, such as the liquid liners, and gel liners, but for some reason they always smudge on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I confess: I'm a lazybones. I'm always looking for short cuts. I love love LOVE the way tightlining looks on me (putting eyeliner at the base of the lashes). I have shockingly light lashes and pale skin and if I wear mascara without tightlining, I get these blonde roots and weird gaps. So - tightline I must.

I started out tightlining with a brush and cream liner, then used a pencil liner dipped in cream liner, and finally I've simplified it down to just using this! No brushes to wash, no excess to wipe before applying, just an easy uncap, screw up, and put on. I can do it half asleep. I find the new (well, new-ish) Colorstay formula to be very smooth and creamy - I had an old version from.. *ack*.. about ten years ago and it certainly has been improved. It doesn't skip on me when I make small strokes. I like the pull out sharpener in the end, but lazybones I am, rarely use it. I also occasionally do top liner with this, and it's excellent. I can get a thin line, I can do a wing, I can smudge it, and once it sets I'm good all day.

Black/brown is a great everyday shade for me - dark, but not as harsh as black. Charcoal is the other shade I have - a good alternative to brown, almost like a matte silver. EDIT from 1/15/09 - I have to say that upon reflection, Charcoal is not as nice as I remember when writing this review. The color is a little dull, the application a little less smooth than other colors. I have also recently gotten "cocoa/taupe," which is my new everyday liner, blackberry, which is not as purple as I hoped, but a very nice alternative to black, and teal, which has some smoothness issues that are more than made up for by the gorgeous color.

The price is about $7.50 at the drugstore, but there's really no reason to buy full price.

1. Wait for BOGOF
2. Get two in different colors
3. PROFIT!

Edit 7/09: I've become a bit pickier. These aren't the softest or smoothest out there. I still think they're great, but often neglect them in favor of the Prestige waterproof automatic eyeliners.

This is the only eyeliner I have used in a long time, although I might consider trying new eyeliners down the road. This one is pretty expensive for a drugstore eyeliner imo, but it stays on all day and I like the sharpener you just have to be gentle when sharpening or it won't work too well. I also like that I can smudge it as much as I want and the color is still the same. I guess sometimes it has smudged or smeared during the day a little, but it never was runny when I cried, etc.

This is a fantastic value. It is comparable to the MAC waterproof eye pencil. It is hard to sharpen, but if you like a thicker line, it will last as long as a waterproof gel eyeliner. GREAT

I feel this is a little overhyped. I applied it and all went well, but it started to fade not long after.

Overall this eyeliner is... decent- better than most. I have the most watery waterline and the oiliest eyelids, therefore eyeliners refuse to stay on me. They crease on my lids and dissolve on my waterline. Even waterproof gel liner is no match for me. This eyeliner compared to others I've tried was better but still not a miracle. It slides right off my waterline to the corner of my eye but less so than most eyeliners. I also can't sharpen it to a sharp edge easily so I can't make a thin, subtle line on my upperline. It's good for tightlining and it was a dark color which I love. Overall, it's decent. I would actually recommend to people bc not everyone has impossible eyes like mine