Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 8/12/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this liner for years. I love that I don't have to sharpen it and it comes on so smoothly. I can create a precise line using this pencil. Over the years, many people thought I was wearing a liquid eyeliner, but it was this pencil that created that look. I never had a problem with it smudging and I tend to have oily lids.
I took away a lippie because the last one that I purchased appears to have dried out. I didn't even have it for two months when this happened. It may have been an old pencil...who knows, since it doesn't have a exp date.

on 8/10/2008 2:37:00 PM

i have bought this throughout years. At first i loved it, it was very creamy and the pigmentation is great. However now that ive started using it again i realized it smudges so easily and i have to spend 20 minutes wiping of the rest from under my eye. i wont be purchasing again.

on 8/9/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very, very oily eyelids. Whenever I put anything on my eye, even if i put a layer of powder underneath and then apply eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc, usually the makeup does not last 2 hours. Heard good reviews about this product, so I decided to try it. I think it holds its name as a "colorstay" product pretty well. The eyeliner didn't smudge until 4+ hours, and the smudge was very slight. Easily fixed with a Q-tip.

Finally! I finally found a pencil eyeliner that doesn't move a bit! After trying out a good amount of eyeliners for my bottom lid, this is by far the best. Now, it's not completely smudge-proof, as in if you rub your eye or something, it's going to come off. So just don't touch your face/eyes, it's bad for it anyways. I love the fact that this is the first eyeliner I have tried that doesn't collect in the corners of my eyes after an hour. The price is about $7 which is pretty good for what it does. My HG eyeliner, definitely. Loveee it.

on 8/7/2008 4:29:00 PM

This eyeliner has become one of my daily essentials. I use the black slightly smudged along my upper eyelid and the navy or purple to subtly outline the lower. It goes on very smoothly and, under normal circumstances, stays on all day. It's not completely immune to smudging or water, but for this price, the staying power can't be beat.

on 8/5/2008 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wouldn't have even bought it if it were normally at the drugstore. Well, the eyeliner was good, nothing smashing, just a good, solid lasting eyeliner that can stay on all day. It's pretty waterproof too. I normally just use a line of brown eyeliner most days on my top lashline, and this is pretty functional for that. I'm just looking for something special, that all, so that why I wouldn't buy this again. Its good for people who want s a solid practical eyeliner that lasts though.

EDIT: I used this through my -whole- high school orientation day and it stayed on PERFECTLY.... even the eyeshadow on top stayed on it!it was like a miracle, it didn't take too too much effort to take off. I have found an HG eyeliner! ♥

on 8/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the crayon eyeliner and the liquid eyeline for this Colorstay serie

I have the crayon in black and characho
I wish it can stay shape tho....otherwise, I think it's one of the best eyeliner
it doesn't stay too long on the eyeliner, but it works well for smokey eyes and natural looks

as for the liquid eyeliner, it's the best!
i have tried a several other eyeliners, but this is my favorite.
it goes on well, it stays on well and althought it's not waterproof, it's the best smudge proof i've tried

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

this is a really good eyeliner. it stays on a long time. it doesn't smudge.

on 7/31/2008 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think the black one is great in terms of color and lasting power (not along waterline though). However, it makes my eyes water/turn red, so I won't be using it. I wear contacts so that might be the problem. However, almay liners are better for my eyes.

on 7/29/2008 3:34:00 AM

Colorstay...not so much. I'm a big tester of eyeliners, constantly on the lookout for a non-liquid liner that really lives up to its claim of being waterproof or budge-proof. I have very oily eyelids and very deep-set eyes so most of my eyeliner ends up smudging all over my upper lid within a few hours of application, so I consider myself a good guinea pig for such claims. Colorstay doesn't even last ONE hour, and it's one of the worst ones out there, as it claims to be budge-proof but quality-wise, is equivalent to those 99-cent teen-brand pencils at ten times the price.

On the upside, it does conveniently twist up, and applies smoothly. But what's the point if it ends up smudged somewhere else after you put it on? The only thing that stays moderately well right now is Smashbox's Jet Set.