Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/23/2011 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I wouldn't buy this again because I'm never going to run of of these eyeshadows:O I LOVE THIS PALETTE. Suits everyone and so many shades to do so many looks. A bit pricey but worth it. You get 12 full size eyeshadow, mini PP and a good karma eye shadow brush, all for 35. BARGAIN.

on 12/23/2011 1:51:00 PM

I just bought the palate a few days back because I decided I need a neutral/warm one. big mistake!

1. the colours are of very low quality and not that bendable
2. unbelievable amount of fall out!
3. colours aren't that unique, I have cheap gold ones that look better
4. they no longer give the double liner but an extremely stiff brush that doesn't pack the colour!!!

I seriously felt cheated after reading so much good reviews about it, I'm guessing the quality went down with the release of the new NAKED2 palate. if you don't have it yet then DON'T GET IT!

on 12/23/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Meh, it's overhyped. I only recently jumped on the Naked Palette bandwagon but I quickly returned it. I'm warm-toned & tan, so I really thought I would love it. But the colors were not unique in the least, & the shimmer was OTT (I usually love shimmer). The latter was especially obvious with Sidecar, which constantly had fallout. IMHO, UD could have done a better job of mixing e/s textures in the palette. I'm giving it 2 lippies though because 1. if you don't have a lot of neutral e/s colors, this is a convenient palette to have, and 2. the full-sized shadows are a really good value for the price.

on 12/23/2011 12:58:00 AM

I have to leave my negative comment in this overhyped product...I recently purchased it..i don't know if it's b/c the palette is too popular they decide to lower the quality or it was originally like this. First of all, they no longer make those double ended brush!!! you now only get one end brush, i believe it's karma?Anyways...the color is sooo hard to be packed on with that brush!!! Secondly, there's soooooo much fallout... it's crazy!!it can even compare to a lot of drug store eye shadows! I've been a long time user of urban decay eye shadow palettes. I've owned some of their other palettes and the pigmentation is great and is not chalky at all..
I was originally intended to purchase naked2... now I am even thinking about returning naked 1..really people, doesn't worth all the hype..

on 12/22/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this so much! It's so pretty and has so many different looks to it. I wear it every day day or night. The perfect nudes & natural colors with shimmer. Plus I love the packaging :)

Amazing product. I use it everyday, and it always gives me the perfect look. I'm quite dissapointed that there were only two matte shades but it wasn't too big of a deal. The eye shadows are top quality, very silky and buttery, they glide on the eye like a dream. Just make sure you use eye primer beforehand. Overall amazing product and I would reccomend it to anyone, especially those with a warm undertone to your skin.

on 12/19/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

There are certain colors in this palette that make it worth the purchase (sin, virgin, buck, smog, toasted), and others that I could definitely do without (sidecar, hustle, creep). It's a nice, neutral collection, but to me isn't as wearable as the selection in the naked 2 palette due to having so many darker tones (I have medium-toned skin with yellow undertones). I enjoy having it in my collection, but do not find myself reaching for it as much for every-day work looks like I am my naked 2.

on 12/18/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my favourite urban decay eyeshadow palette by far! Some people do say that is is quite expensive but I think the opposite.. it has 12 full sized eyeshadows in it, and they are all worth 13.00 each, but this sells for 35.00 in England, so really it is a great deal. Some of the colours, like sidecar, are a little glittery to wear in the day time, but lots are perfectly wearable as a daytime look. My personal favourites are buck, smog and darkhorse, they are gorgeous colours. The only problem I have is the velvety packaging, it can get a bit annoying and grubby.

on 12/18/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Sucks! IMO this was not worth $48!!! minus Buck & Naked e/s the rest consist of to much shimmer & had to much fall out, it looked horrible on me. I gave this palette a whole 2 weeks to convince me before I returned it for my money back, I reached for it less & less as the days went by. I prefer my Sonia Kashuk Neutral palette or NYX Caviar&Bubbles over this palette. I don't know what all the hype was about with it. With the primer potion these shadows still looked chalky, Toasted was the only e/s that was decent in this palette. Never again.

on 12/18/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is a great buy for three types of people.
1. A person who likes neutral eyeshadows
2. A person who collects makeup products
3. A person who is new to makeup

The eyeshadow colors are great. Urban Decay has continuously comes out with solid shadows and finishes. The finishes range from matte, shimmer to frost. Surprisingly there are no glittery shadows in this palette. This comes as a shock since the brand often goes glitter happy with some of their shadows. The textures of the shadows are buttery, pigmented, and blendable. The extras such as the eyeliner/eye brush and primer are a great addition to the package. The packaging is sleek, the velvety material is quite lovely. There is a small mirror which takes up 2/3 of the palette which makes it a great item to bring during vacations and travelling. Keep in mind however that the shadows are easily dupeable in both high end and drug store brands. At this point it comes down to preference pots vs palettes. Most likely I would be purchasing colors such as Sin and Naked in pot form, Whiskey or Zero eyeliner, and UDPP since these provide the best combination for an easy natural look and these are the items I reach for the most. Additionally, the colors and the palette itself is easily dupeable. Overall I do not regret purchasing the palette since it introduced me to many different colors I would not have tried otherwise. I will however not repurchase particularly because since I've found my favorites from this item. I am prepared to move on to just my favorites now. (i'm also in a consolidating mood so i'm ready to cut back)

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804