Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this for Christmas last Wednesday, and this is already my one of my top three favourite make-up products of all time. I eat up neutral shades like crazy, and this palette is a godsend.

I was truly worried that because of my pale complexion, this palette would be way too dark, as others had noted, but I don't have many problems. Let's face it: For me, Gunmetal and Creep will be seldom used, but they're something that, when appropriate, I will be VERY glad to have. Some of the colours are more difficult to not look ridiculous, but if applied correctly, you can pretty much do anything with this palette.

Favourites:
Virgin is a gorgeous shimmery highlight shade. Perfect for everyday.
Sin is the ultimate lid colour. It kicks Naked Lunch's ASS. It's super pigmented, creamy, and a gorgeous sort of champagne colour.
Buck, for me, is the perfect colour from my brows and crease. It's also a matte. I dig it.
Half Baked is the shit. It looks like your put gold-leaf on your eyes. Amazing.
Toasted is actually the colour of toast. It looks stunning in the crease.
Hustle is a dark, plummy, shimmery brown that brings a lot of looks together, and helps ground the look when put in the outer V.

on 12/27/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have lusted over this palette for a long time, but always came up with some excuse as to why I didn't need it. Sadly, my excuses never justified me enough to not get it and I finally got this bad boy about three weeks ago. I always thought that I had plenty of neutral shades and my MAC palettes and my UD Ammo palette were more than enough for me. However, my opinion has totally changed since I got this. I saw this palette in Sephora earlier this month and swatched a few of the colors and realized I had to have it. I have used it quite a few times since, coming up with a few different looks and I'm very pleased with my purchase. If you're thinking that you don't need this palette-THINK AGAIN! This is one of the most amazing eyeshadow palettes ever and it has so many wearable and workable shades that would look good on anyone. While it is a neutral palette, I like how there are a few darker smoky colors such as Darkhorse, Hustle, Creep & Gunmetal. Virgin is the lightest shade in the palette and while it does make a pretty highlight for my browbone, I find I have to pack it on a bit to get it to show up. The colors last forever too, all day and into the night and still look as fresh as when I applied them. The only downside to this palette is a few of the shades have glitter fallout, but I have the same issue with my Ammo palette and a couple of UD's single eyeshadows. The only colors I have fallout issues with are Sidecar, Half Baked & Smog. Other than that very minor issue, this palette is worth the money. Not only do you get 12 shadows in really nice packaging this is great for travel, but you get a decent eyeshadow brush too. The mini UDPP included is also great too. I'm very happy with my purchase and I recommend that anyone who is hesitant to purchase this, please try it, you won't be disappointed!

on 12/27/2011 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like the Naked palette and I heard so many great things about it. But sadly, it just didn't work for me and I'm returning it. My eyelids are darker than my skin color but even with the UD PP or my MAC paint pot, the colors really did not show up on my eyes. All the browns, with the exception of the darkest brown did not show up. Naked was similar to my eyelid but it was lighter and dusty. I had to really pack on the color to see anything and by then it was looking muddy. I also really love golds but the colors in this palette, all that showed up on my skin (NC 30) was the glitter in the shades. No matter what look I tried to do, it just looked like glitter mess all over my eyes. I had to take this back to Sephora, I was really disappointed. I use mac and I don't have this problem, for the price and hype, I never expected this to happen. This was my first UD eyeshadow buy, and now I'm hesitant to try any UD palettes again. I do love their eyeliners though.

on 12/26/2011 5:33:00 PM

I have been waiting forever to get this palette. I got it as a Christmas gift and I am in LOVE. I could easily use this palette everyday for my eye looks. The colors blend perfectly and the pigmentation is great. There are SO many different combinations you can do with the shadows in this palette. I was always hesitant to buy this palette in the past due to the cost, but if you think about how many shadows are in there, it really is a good value. I cant wait to buy the Naked 2 palette, however this palette is amazing on its own. BUY IT!

I am a little late on the Naked pallette bandwagon, but I receieved this for Christmas and fell in love with it! The colors are warm and natural and can be built up to sultry smokey looks. Works best with the Primer potion for extra longevity. The shadows themselves are very pigmented and as creamy as powder shadows without being cream eyeshadows, very blendable. My pallette included the flat eyeshadow brush which is very soft and great for these eyeshadows. My favorite colors are sidecar, dark horse, and toasted.

on 12/25/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just got this for christmas and I love it so far!! I've only gotten to try out a couple of the colors.. but they go on great and are very pigmitted! I already know how versital it will be and cant wait to try out some more looks! I love half baked and smog!

on 12/25/2011 9:57:00 PM

I love this palette. all of the colors are so pretty and pigmented. i have a lot of other urban decay palettes and this is by far my favorite. the colors are perfect for a neutral eye that you can wear everyday or a dramatic eye that you can wear for a night out. it is a little expensive, but completely worth the price. i bought it this time last year and i have used it everyday since. my only complaint is that some of the shadow cause fall out but that can be easily fixed.

on 12/25/2011 2:18:00 PM

This palette is perfect. It's got day to day matte eyeshadows very suitable for the workplace, and the perfect shimmery eyeshadows for every skintone. My personal favorite is Sin, it's a gorgeous shimmery silver/white. They are very pigmented and go a long way without piling on a lot. If you use the shadow primer, I find these shadows will last all day and look like you just put them on. Perfect!

on 12/25/2011 12:17:00 PM

It is perfect for everyday makeup and it is also very pigmented and longlasting.

on 12/25/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this palette. Many of the colors can work for both cool toned and warm toned people. It is highly pigmented and comes with a primer for even more lasting power. I am a fan of Urban Decay, and this product is no exception. As you can see in the picture, the kit offers mainly bronze based colors, and they do blend very nicely. I do not regret purchasing---it's just what I have been looking for.

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty