November 21, 2014 | 1933 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:04:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

This is a good basic, no nonsense moisturiser which I'm not thrilled with but would purchase again. It does deliver a good amount of moisture so wouldn't recommend it for oiler skin types. I think there are better moisturisers on the market for less though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product with the make-up optional kit, and I must say it certainly is one of the better moisturizers I've tried. It's great especially because these winter months can be drying and seems to keep my face feeling smooth and moisturized throughout the day. It also is great to pair with purity. Another awesome Philosophy purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkgator

I expected so much more from this moisturizer. It was greasy and did not absorb into my skin - and I have pretty dry skin! I used it several times, but this is just bad. And it made me break out. I ended up returning it to Sephora. In general, Philosophy products have been disappointing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has a nice smell, though a bit overwhelming at times.
What I like about this cream is that it sinks into your skin and calms your skin down, you could feel it being absorbed! I also use it before I put on my primer and it makes me feel good all the way!

I wish the packaging would be a little bit user-friendly (i'm talking about the lid of the jar - which doesn't seem hygienic at all).

UPDATE: if I use it in the summer days I feel oily, period. this might only work best for me in winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by msvelmalyn

I thought this did the trick but I would imagine there are nicer products out there. Its probably great if you aren't 40 yet and so don't have fine lines already. But I need something more-like a miracle from God!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by swankyjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My QVC happy mother-in-law recommended I try Hope in a Jar. I was looking for light moisture and something to help with my aging skin. It fits the bill. The texture is great. Very light and does not mess with my acne prone combo skin. After using this with the Purity cleanser my skin feels much softer and hydrated. Love it. However I don't love the jar. I hate dipping into a jar. I don't love the smell! It just stinks! My husband doesn't like me to come to bed with it on it smells so unpleasant. I can't argue with him! Last but not least, the price. I will pay it because I like it, but it would sure be nice if it were less.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hoemygosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this out when I heard someone suggest it, along with Purity face wash. I love this moisturizer!! It's smell is not the best, in my opinion. But it seriously moisturizes. It's wonderful under my makeup. And it seems pretty calm. My skin doesn't seem irritated, just really soft and smooth. And when you're someone like me, with combination skin, acne prone. That feeling is awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by littlebit_522

I was tempted at the Sephora checkout to buy the little $15 jar because of some reviews I had read on MUA. Luckily, I smeared a little bit on the back of my hand just to feel the texture. It felt nice going on, but when I felt the back of my hand a few hours later, it was dry and scaly. I do NOT have dry skin at all. It's generally nice and soft, and I have a fairly oily complexion. I've seriously never had a cream or lotion actually DRY me out. Very strange. Will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by eeyoreacp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I am a red head with very sensitive skin, so most everything will cause some irritation. From the first application my skin was super soft and there was no redness,itching, or burning. After just a few weeks of use my skin is radiant! I dont remember the last time my skin actually looked like it was glowing. I have already reordered this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lisaorr2

really love this moisturiser! i keep trying other moisturisers but always come back to hope in a jar. I have tried elemis, revive, dermalogica, liz earle, gatineau but all were too heavy for my oily skin and made my skin more congested. this sinks into the skin instantly and leaves no greasiness at all and i have very greasy acne prone skin! each time i go back to hope in a jar it helps clear up the congestion and makes me glow. don't know why i keep trying other things when this gives such good results!