October 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by swankyjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My QVC happy mother-in-law recommended I try Hope in a Jar. I was looking for light moisture and something to help with my aging skin. It fits the bill. The texture is great. Very light and does not mess with my acne prone combo skin. After using this with the Purity cleanser my skin feels much softer and hydrated. Love it. However I don't love the jar. I hate dipping into a jar. I don't love the smell! It just stinks! My husband doesn't like me to come to bed with it on it smells so unpleasant. I can't argue with him! Last but not least, the price. I will pay it because I like it, but it would sure be nice if it were less.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hoemygosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this out when I heard someone suggest it, along with Purity face wash. I love this moisturizer!! It's smell is not the best, in my opinion. But it seriously moisturizes. It's wonderful under my makeup. And it seems pretty calm. My skin doesn't seem irritated, just really soft and smooth. And when you're someone like me, with combination skin, acne prone. That feeling is awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by littlebit_522

I was tempted at the Sephora checkout to buy the little $15 jar because of some reviews I had read on MUA. Luckily, I smeared a little bit on the back of my hand just to feel the texture. It felt nice going on, but when I felt the back of my hand a few hours later, it was dry and scaly. I do NOT have dry skin at all. It's generally nice and soft, and I have a fairly oily complexion. I've seriously never had a cream or lotion actually DRY me out. Very strange. Will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by eeyoreacp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I am a red head with very sensitive skin, so most everything will cause some irritation. From the first application my skin was super soft and there was no redness,itching, or burning. After just a few weeks of use my skin is radiant! I dont remember the last time my skin actually looked like it was glowing. I have already reordered this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lisaorr2

really love this moisturiser! i keep trying other moisturisers but always come back to hope in a jar. I have tried elemis, revive, dermalogica, liz earle, gatineau but all were too heavy for my oily skin and made my skin more congested. this sinks into the skin instantly and leaves no greasiness at all and i have very greasy acne prone skin! each time i go back to hope in a jar it helps clear up the congestion and makes me glow. don't know why i keep trying other things when this gives such good results!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

dont like facial moisturizers in a jar.
this stuff sat on my skin, never seemed to add moisture, but left what felt like an greasiness on my skin. My acne prone skin didnt love it.
Smelled OK - nice and clean.
I have been less than impressed with all philosophy skincare, and this one followed suit.
Probably fine if you have normal skin that isnt prone to breakouts and need a bit of everyday moisture.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by happie5985

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just bought it and i think the smell is not as bad as everyone says but its definitely too oily and greasy plus after i put it on it started to come off a bit just like what happens to old lotions when they been standing around for a while .. i hope it wont cause any serious damage so far the reviews here were horrid i wish i read this before buying it but i guess its worth a shot its not that expensive after all (i bought the small 15 dollar jar)...

ok i just came back to say that unfortunately i got an allergy on my face after using this product i completely broke out in small hives all over my face and only benadryl could help :(((

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by deva518

This isn't a terrible product, but I won't be re-buying. It didn't do anything positive for my skin and there was no noticed glow-y evened skin tone. Plus no SPF.

It's just too much money for no good results to buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Was told this would work for me and it didnt made me breakout. will not buy again to greasy and i have combo skin type tried the other for sens skin didnt work and hope in a bottle didnt either im using ddf products now and they work.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by laratf

This made my acne-prone combination skin go CRAZY! And while it feels delightful when you get out of the shower and your skin is tight, the aftermath is not pretty. I wanted to love it! After seeing it on Oprah's favorite things, I thought I had found my holy grail. If you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. I do love Philosophy though!