September 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

DEFINITELYYYY not worth the hype..... This foundation cost me around $50 CDN and I think it's perfectly reasonable to have high expectations. My issues with this product:

1) For a product that claims to be "HD", it does not look any better in photos than my drugstore Maybelline foundation.

2) Coverage is sort of sheer; I need to use twice the amount of product in order to get medium coverage as opposed to my Maybelline foundation.

3) I'm not trying to be nit-picky but the packaging is cheapy for something that's $50.... it's just a plastic container instead of a glass bottle like I expected it would be.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent!!! it really work on me. its success to hide any break outs that exist in my face. And this is good for photoshoot. it can make your face looks flawless... Never goes wrong with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really, really like this foundation. In fact, until I tried MUFE Face & Body Foundation and Kett, I was ready to declare this HG. It's still right up there, as the color match is great for my yellow/golden-toned skin and the coverage is very good. Something about the sheen/finish isn't quite as good for me as others like Face & Body, though I certainly would purchase again. Great stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by braisinhussy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about MUFE HD. It does look nice on me, but it takes so much prep work! I have dry skin, and if I don't exfoliate directly before applying this, I end up looking like my skin's peeling off. Exfoliate, heavy moisturizer, a hydrating primer, and THEN it looks okay. I only use it for really special occasions, when I know I'm getting photos taken and I have to look flawless. Otherwise, the prep time isn't worth it. I don't think I'd buy it again. When it runs out (or goes bad, considering how often I use it), I think I'll look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Haleywhite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Looks great at first, but then slide off my face within an hour or 2. Not good for oily skin. It did look better than other foundations when paired with the HD powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

This is my HG foundation! I am so happy that I came across this foundation, it makes my skin look amazing! I used to wear Mac Studio Fix Foundation and I felt like I needed something that wasn't heavy. I loved the coverage but didn't like how my skin felt with it on. So I was in search of a foundation that was felt light on my skin but had great coverage and this foundation does exactly that. I only use one pump and it covers my whole face flawlessly, its great! I wore this all last weekend and it stayed put, both times I was outside in very hot weather and it still looked great in pictures! My favorite thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look like you have tons of makeup on but it still covers everything.
The brush I use with this is the e.l.f. flat powder brush, I love this brush for applying this foundation!
For reference, I am an NC40/42 in Mac and I purchased the shade
#153.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chasingbutterflies

I am very happy with this foundation. I used Clinique's Superbalanced for years because it was very light feeling on my skin. I had foundation that is heavy and makes you feel like you are wearing a mask. I have to say that MUFE's definitely feels the same & has much better coverage. I have some large pores in some areas on my face that I am very self conscious about and this foundation helps with that a bit. I was also very happy with the shade. My skin is pink toned & I am very picky about the shades of foundation I wear. I also like the pump bottle. It isn't messy and dispenses a good amount. I was a little worried about spending so much on foundation BUT I purchased mine at Sephora so that I was able to get my money back if I wasn't satisfied.
~Hope this helps!~

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by imejia4

Let me start off by saying....when I first bought this foundation I LOVED it. For the first time ever I had a foundation that matched my skin perfectly and made it look flawless (I have combo skin with a little bit of redness and discoloration, no acne or scars). I seriously always got compliments anytime I wore this foundation. Now fast forward 4 month...it looks good for about 30 minutes and then makes my face look orange. Considering how much it cost I really don't like looking like an oompa loompa (lol I'm also really short). I really don't know what to rate this product because I really did love it but I've never had a foundation turn orange within 4 months. I wish mua let me answer "maybe" when asked if I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I LOVE this foundation! Almost HG - I'm not ready to call it my HG foundation, only because it's one of the few foundations I've actually used. I've only ever tried MAC's Face & Body, Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and a now-discontinued MAC product called Select Tints (or at least I think it's discontinued...) So it's an almost-HG :) It has exactly what I'm looking for though - light-weight, medium-sheer coverage, and long-lasting. For reference, I wear NW20 from MAC, and the #117 this foundation was my perfect match.

I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, no severe acne problems, and mild dark circles under my eyes. I HATE the feeling of makeup on my face when it comes to foundation... I can sweat fairly easily, and I hate feeling like I have a layer of something on my face. I only ever really used MAC's Mineralize powder on my face, but I never got the nice complexion I wanted so I figured I should get a good concealer to add to my routine (because I was still so averse to foundations). I went to Sephora, and asked the MUA about concealers, and he showed me a few, but nothing was doing it for me, so he showed me this instead. He used the Beauty Blender sponge (the pink egg - an HG product FOR SURE) and applied light coverage, and it was amazing. I felt like I could still feel my skin, it didn't feel heavy or icky, and I went walking around a hot, sweaty NYC summer day still looking great!! I've also applied it after a sweaty yoga class (after showering of course) and found that even when I still had a slighty moist face even after showering (girls who practice hot yoga will know what I'm talking about), the foundation still had great coverage and didn't slide off.

I think the key to this foundation, and probably like all makeup, is the application. You need the right applicators (i.e. the amazing Beauty Blender sponge!) for your products or else they might not work for everyone. I haven't found this foundation to have full coverage, but I haven't really tried building it up because I don't need to. I really love the look of my skin with this foundation, I don't even need concealer/corrector.

I will definitely repurchase - this foundation has converted me from a "only-face-powder-girl" to a "foundation girl"!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ablarsen29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did not like this. I have an oily t-zone and I work long hours. This stuff was just yucky on my skin. Upon application it looked nice, but felt gross, heavy and oily on my face. It did not last long either. It rubbed off easily and i looked like a grease ball! Even with setting powder and Hd primer. I just really wanted to wash it off! I like light feeling foundation and this did not feel light. Dissapointed because there were so many good reviews.
Update: so its been a couple years and I am sick of all my other foundations. I recently was pregnant & I have noticed my skin is a lot dryer now, so I needed something more moisturizing (and I am over the whole full coverage, porcelain doll look) so I decided to try this again. Got a very generous sample and loved it so much I purchased it! I was too oily for it before plus had a hot & sweaty job. I am in love with it now! Very natural finish, and light weight. It have good coverage, yet I don't look "too made up" I feel now that my skin is dryer it lasts a long time too! I plan on repurchasing! Like with all foundations, we have different needs,because we all have different skin types. But I would say, if you have dryer skin, don't need a TON of coverage and like a natural finish, this is a great foundation