April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by clintonmichael

I got a sample of this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, let me just tell you - it did NOT work for me. it looked patchy and made me look dry and collected in my pores - even after exfoliating, moisturizing, and two primers. I tried it a bunch of different ways, never got even close to the outcome I expected. I tried a 190, a 187, a sponge, my fingers, one primer, two primers (the girl liked me, I got a big sample. ahaha.) it just would NOT work. I've seen this look good on a lot of people, but it just did not work on my combination skin. I would never even consider leaving the house with this on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by haughtyishaute

I am in complete and utter love with this foundation. If I never end up getting married, I'll at least be happy that I found the one foundation I'm supposed to be using for the rest of my life, or at least for the rest of my 20's. Now I've been searching for the perfect foundation for the last 7 years and the hunt has been quite rocky. But Makeup Forever's HD foundation provides full coverage in a simple and sleekly designed bottle for a moderate price. Sure it costs $35 but the bottle has lasted me 8+ months so it's a great investment. I'm not a foundation brush fan because I believe in just using my hands and very little is needed to cover your face because it spreads easy. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. I absolutely dread pouring foundation into sponges or squeezing them out of tubes. Pumps are sanitary and much more user friendly. So ladies, if you're searching for a foundation that gives you a somewhat dewy-look with full coverage and great packaging, look no more. Makeup Forever HD Foundation is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LUXURYD0LL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation for instant wear. To be honest it doesn't really last throughout the day, it melts off. However, the selection of foundation is fabulous. At first I was 120, currently I am 125. I would try 123, but it was too yellow for me. The coverage is medium and the color fits perfectly it really does even my skin tone. Also, the packaging is nice, I really like the pump I don't like a squeeze tube or a roll on. I would definitely purchase again however onlly when sephora has their sale cause this foundation is expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after the SA in Sephora recommended it to me for my headshot shoot. I also bought the HD powder.

For the pictures themselves, this product and the powder worked fabulously. I did my own makeup for the shoot and the photog in NYC said he was very impressed and it looked great.

For real life... i could care less about this foundation.

PROS:
Love the pump dispenser
Love the consistency
Love the natural looking way it settles into the skin
Love that a little goes a long way

CONS:
Isn't very long wearing
Coverage isn't very full... more medium/sheer
Melts on me after awhile... even with a primer/powder
I get shiny wearing it due to the dewiness/natural finish

BOTTOM LINE:
It's good if you want a more 'non makeup-makeup' look (haha) or for pictures... but if you like more long lasting, fuller coverage... Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Minerals works better for me....

12/23/11 UPDATE: i went back to this foundation this winter due to its light finish, slightly moisturizing feel b/c my skin's been pretty dry using Retin A Micro. Colorstay started breaking me out :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Update: this broke me out w/ horrible cystic acne...twice! Back to the store it goes

Prior to major break outs: i'm normally a DS foundation gal, but i got this on a whim and am thrilled that it turned out to be so awesome.

I had a hard time picking out which shade would be best, but I settled on 127 and it's a bit yellow but it works just fine.

I love how liquidy the foundation is and how smooth it applies. i use a flat-top powder brush from ELF to apply and i find i have to use very little product to get perfect coverage.

i set this with a very thin dusting of loose powder, but i could probably get away without it. I've also noticed this foundation has not broken me out, nor has it made me look like a greaseball within a few hours. i don't even have to blot my face when wearing it.

i'm hooked. so happy this worked out for me, because i've tried MUFE mat velvet+ and it broke me out something wicked. This stuff, on the other hand, rocks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by olimac909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, i love the pump i love the fact that it is medium to full coverage without the cakiness factor and i just love it so much! the fact that MUFE has come up with such a wide array of shades (26 i believe there is) is crazy! good for them, i mix two shades (#145 and #160) there are quite a few shades between then but they mix perfectly for me. i highly recommend it and it does not leave the skin glittery, shiny, oily looking and doesn't feel heavy on the skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when I was color matched perfectly to MUFE HD foundation. I, too, and a cultural mutt and the shop assistants can never correctly match me. In the store, it was great. Perfect, lightweight, and not matte or dewy. It was something in-between.

Then, reality set in. I had a terrible allergic reaction to this! I've never had a problem with other foundations. My face started to peel and it became red and splotchy. It isn't worth the price ($40 [USD]). I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by liyaht

I absolutely love this foundation. I was able to try a friend's two days in a row before going out to buy it. I have normal to combination skin and this applies beautifully and stays on throughout the day. I just use the FITme powder in 230 to set it so I have yet to try the MUFE HD powder. It shows up flawlessly in photos as well, by that I mean, it looks like you're not wearing lots of make-up and definitely does not cake. If you're anything like me, you like to see some proof, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to show a picture...non-edited OF COURSE.

Here's another one.

The girl next to me is not wearing any foundation whatsoever...I am wearing MUFE HD foundation in 123. Can you tell the difference?

Overall, one and a half pump usually goes a long way, I sometimes even have some foundation left on my forearm after applying it all over my face with a stippling brush. I recommend this product 100 percent if you have normal to combination skin. If your skin is a little more sensitive or oily, I would sample it first. You don't know until you try :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to make this work, but just couldn't with my oily skin. It looked so beautiful when it went on, I couldn't believe my eyes it looked that perfect. It covered my dark acne scars without looking like I was wearing a ton of makeup, I just looked flawless.

Unfortunately I only looked like this for an hour, max. And I tried all sorts of mattifying bases underneath, including MUFE's all mat base. After an hour I was oily and this had settled into lines I didn't even know I had. By lunchtime this was a patchy gloopy mess, it was embarassing.

This would be perfect on those with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by oinkitsthao

I love this foundation!! Its one of the best one I've tried to date. It applies flawlessly and last all day. I usually set the foundation with the MUFE HD powder and it makes my skin look flawless. I love this stuff. And the best part of all is it comes with a pump.