Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/20/2011 5:32:00 AM

Amazing choice of colours - I think this is the first foundation I have bought that is a perfect fit. Goes on really easily after moisturiser and gives a medium finish which I love and looks really natural.

It looks great when it goes on but I find it doesn't make it through the day. By mid afternoon my face looks dry and dull. Such a shame as everything else about this foundation is perfect.

I'd use it if I was heading out for dinner but I wouldn't rely on it all day..

For the price I'd like this to make it through the afternoon!

on 11/18/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I've heard a lot of good things about this foundation prior to me purchasing it. The main purpose that I actually bought this product for was for a wedding that I had to attend and I thought this would be a great way to test this product. It's a great product my pictures came out perfect and my face didn't look whiter than the rest of my body! I actually used it with the HD primer and it stayed on my face which was great! The only reason that I rated this product 3 is because I have fairly dry skin and whenever I put this product (even when I have moisturized my face) on it tends to look caked and kind of dries up my face. The coverage is also on the heavy side for me. I don't think I will ever replace my MAC Mineral Foundation for this one...

on 11/18/2011 7:52:00 PM

all i can say is just EXCELLENT this is my first HG foundation,covering my acne scar,did lasts for a day without shine,and smells so good,its just PERFECT!!!!will definitely obviously buy it again!!!and mac fix+ spray will make it more glowy and flawless!!

on 11/18/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Okay, this is my last round with foundations; have I said that before? Yes, but this time I think I've seen it all! I had been longing to try MUFE's High Definition Foundation for the past year, but I couldn't seem to pull myself away from MAC until my skin went haywire after stopping my birth control! I began to use a bit more coverage with my NC45 studio fix fluid combined with the Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark, and my favorite makeup artist stated that he "missed my skin" in those exact words. So, I decided to try MUFE's HD for the first time. 175 - struck out; too red! But 173, Amber - absolutely perfect tone for my dark olive skin tone. EUREKA, I'd found my HG foundation.....Yip, yip!!!!!

But lo and behold, after applying only 2 pumps beautifully and setting with the MUFE's much celebrated Microfinish Powder, my face looking absolutely dreamy (and natural), only 3-4 hours later, it began to slide off. Now, I do have combo-oily skin, but MAC's prep + prime powder has always worked beautifully to hold the shine at bay. As a matter of fact, I've worn NC45 naked and didn't have as much shine as I received in less than 5 hours with MUFE's HD foundation combined with the microfinish setting powder (pure silica). I couldn't believe it; I had also used MAC's oil-free lotion for extra assurance!

Yes, MUFE does match skin tones beautifully, especially when it comes to women of color, but if you have that extra bit of shine (which apparently I do), do not go this route! I even applied an extra setting powder to try for an extra strength solution to dryness, but no luck. The shine came boldly through.....Hello!

So, I've returned to NC45 Studio Fix Fluid, but I set it with Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark (instead of the mineralize skinfinish), and I highlight my cheek bones with Tarte's Hotel Heiress (instead of blush) for a beautiful finish and to warm the dual neutrality of NC45 and the powder. The good thing, no more shine! Not completely natural, but it looks good! (And I can see my skin.) Note: The Careblend covers well without looking too heavy.

Skin changes, so make sure your makeup compliments these changes along the way. What worked in the past, may not work in the future, and so on....until next time, stay beautiful!

on 11/18/2011 3:31:00 AM

I LOVE THIS!!! Ive tried SO MANY foundations before and I keep going back to this one! Its worth the $45 or so. A little goes a long way. THE BEST!!!

on 11/16/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this foundation is ok i kind od like it but even when i use a great fundation primer it tends to show my fine lines alot more than other foundations do :(

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation is famous for being amazing, now I can understand why! I had lost a little faith in MUFE products after purchasing the flash palette but now i remember why i love them. The only reason that this product doesn't get 5 stars from me is because every now and then it can look blotchy on my dry skin, even when it's well moisturized. I love that there are so many shades with so many different undertones. I would definitely recommend this to friends and clients.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first time buying an expensive foundation - and i think it's worth every penny. It's the best foundation I've ever tried, mostly because I'm used to maybelline and loreal. I would recommend it to my friends - it covers up but still look natural. My aunt actually told me how my skin looked like porcelain, when wearing this - i take that as a compliment!

on 11/15/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is just bizarre. I don't know how it manages to both accentuate the teeniest dry areas on your face AND feel greasy and sticky all at the same time. I used a water based primer and a setting powder and it never felt like it set. I could feel it when I touched my face. Within the hour, my face was an oil slick and all of my pores were accentuated. It didn't even look all that nice to begin with. It made every little line on my forehead look worse and the coverage wasn't that great. It also settled into my laugh lines fairly easily. The application was frustrating, it didn't go on smoothly at all. I suppose it looked nice on camera, but then again, all my foundations make my skin look flawless with flash on. I've tried the Mat Velvet (which is, admittedly, VERY matte) and that one actually looks a lot nicer, but gets less hype. Glad I got a sample, because this is definitely not worth $40 to me.

on 11/13/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I repurchased this product after returning the same one in March of this year. I mainly returned it because the SA color matched me wrong and I ended up hating it because of it. So I trotted down to Sephora again to give it another go. This time I was smart and tried two samples before purchasing it. I tried the #120 and #123. The #120 was way too light and the #123 was spot on. It's just the teeniest too yellow, but once I put on setting powder, bronzer and blush it works. It's so hard to color match my skin and I find most products are either too pink too yellow or too beige and unnatural on me (for reference I am half Greek and half black). Once I tried this on for the full day and it did not cake, crepe, separate or settle into my fine lines- which made me go out and shell out the $40 and purchase the full size. I like how it made my skin dewey and not oily by the end of the day and it was comfortable to wear. The only complaint I have about this product is I don't like how it transfers so easily when you accidently touch your face or decide to try and put on a turtle neck sweater AFTER you put on your makeup (bad idea). Even by the end of they day, if you accidently touch your face you end up with makeup on your hands. I wish they had another product that will not transfer... other than that, i am happy with it.