July 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jareed

I love this foundation. I'm a PPP and I find the lightest yellow shade (117) fits me great. If I apply this with ecotools foundation brush, I achieve a matte flawless complexion...so much that my skin looks slightly fake!! I know...it weird to negatively comment about having a flawless face, but being in the 30's, I need a little bit of sheen to mask fine lines. So now, I apply it with my fingertips after sunscreen. I sometimes apply the powder foundation for touch ups throughout the day if needed and I love how my skin looks. This makeup hides pores very well for me and really settles/melts into my skin:) The pump is nice, but it bothers me knowing that there is a little bit more product at the bottom that I can't get to...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its kinda hard for me to review this as there is no color match for me. I've tried (several times) #115, #118, #120, and #125. None are right and then they just get darker from there so thats it. #115 was the right tone but too light. In in mac I'm NW20.

ANYWAY, I really like this foundation b/c it looks so flawless and leaves a satin/natural finish like real skin should look. Its medium coverage to me. I don't think this would be good for oily skin and you have to be careful not to apply to much or else you will look waxy. So I give it a 4 but I wish they would expand the light end of their color range, specifically the cool tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by rangelroxy

I'm an NC30 and I bought #123 which was the WRONG color match! I do like how this looks freshly applied but by the end of the day I'm extremely oily even with primer on! The reason I gave it 2 lippies was because it does look amazing in photos and I like that it comes with a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by watada

I was using Bare Minerals for years, but lately noticed it was actually accentuating my large pores (esp on my nose) and even buffed it, it still looked like I had powder on my face. So I decided to try a liquid. I wanted to try Shu Uemura Face Architect, but since you can't go anywhere to check out colors, and can only order online, I ruled that one out.
The salesperson at Sephora recommended this one, and she tried it out on my. 118 matched me well, even in daylight, and looked really good. I apply sparingly, with a foundation brush, and the coverage looks good. I only apply to where I need it, not all over my face, which I think helps. It definitely helps tone done any redness I have, and helps to diminish, but not completely cover, acne scars and blemishes. I still need to use concealer, and I don't think I'll ever have flawless looking skin, but overall I'm really pleased with it so far. I've been using a few weeks now.
One note: from this website this foundation doesn't seem to work well on people with dry skin. It does seem very tacky, probably to keep it's staying power. My skin is combination, but can get oily in the t-zone. I don't really have any dry patches, and my skin doesn't get too dry in winter (maybe it would if I lived somewhere there were really harsh winters). So if you have dry skin this might not be for you.
I do use a retinol cream that can give me flakiness, but haven't really had those problems since using this foundation. I will update if I do have them to let you know how it works with flakiness.

Update: After finally getting back into working out during my lunch hour, I can say this holds up pretty well without my having to reapply, which I don't ever do. Still pretty pleased with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Mariah11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the worst foundation I've ever tried-and that's putting it nicely. I have extremely,extremely dry skin. I tend to have problems with foundations accentuating the flakiness of my cheeks/nose. I also have excessive redness and I have never found a foundation that covered it completely...I went into Sephora hoping to find a full coverage foundation without a matte finish..The woman helping me showed me the Make Up Forever HD Foundation...I'd heard good things about this product,and jumped at the chance to try it out. The woman took two colors and I noticed how orange they looked when she started to apply them..But I didn't question it,because as she applied it-it looked perfectly fine. The shade she gave me was 118...I am an NC15 at MAC..So I don't know how she thought this was a match,I should have corrected her-but the foundation looked fine on my skin-so I didn't...I noticed that it did show some of my flakiness,but the woman told me that exfoliating would help...So I bought the foundation...Forty dollars set me back quite a lot...It almost hurt to buy it. I got home and was practically skipping to try own my new product...I exfoliated my face,before applying a moisturizer...This foundation is absolutely sheer,it covered none of my redness-even with a concealer. It shows every little pore,flake-everything. It drys to a matte finish and looks like I'm wearing a terrible amount on my face...Cakey and just gross,that's how I'd describe it...I plan on returning this ASAP...I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin/redness...Save yourself the trouble and the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cythaleanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: expensive (40$) but will definitely last a long time
Coverage: medium to buildable (upon application it looks sheer, but i wait a little and it shows some coverage and i just apply another layer to places i need to cover: mind you i have tons of acne scars)
Packaging: Comes with a pump that dispenses enough product
Staying power: Lasts 8-10 hours max. on me. (i have very oily skin, i set it with rimmel stay matte, i use primers sometime, but i rarely blot nowadays, i used to blot religiously)

Its a pretty awesome foundation, ive been on a foundation hunt for a year now (couldn't find a foundation that matched my skin color or didnt melt off my face) and was scared to try this because of the price, but i took the chance and is happy with it. I only use 1 and a half pump per application so it will def. last me a long time. It doesn't turn orange (aka. oxidize) on me, something that oily skinned people tend to experience. and had never broke me out (im acne prone). It also feels lightweight despite of the medium-high coverage it gives. Ive used this on special occasions and photoshoot and my face looked great! soo happy with that. It doesn't keep me matte (it never claimed that anyways) so im not bothered with that, but when my face starts to get oily, it doesnt show up as bad as when im not wearing foundation (just makes it look dewy).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jfabros

One of my favorite foundations. I've had this for a while now and I've been absolutely loving it. This coverage is medium - full coverage and can sheered out. When applied in a certain way this can looking truly invisible. Personally I apply this with a damp sponge and it gives me such a flawless yet natural look. This is my go to foundation when I'm taking pictures/videos. This finish natural satin. My only problem with this foundation is I tend to get a little oily after a few hours of wear and usually doesn't last the entire day, also this is quite pricey ($46 CAD). Overall this is a very good foundation and gets my seal of approval. Best of all...no breakouts. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Burkina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would never recommend this product. It gave me a very bad allergy all over my face. This was really scary. It looked as if I had been burned or something. Never ever have I had such a bad reaction to a cosmetic product before.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jinxjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to like this foundation. It was my first non-drug store foundation and it has excellent coverage and looks amazing in photographs. Downside being it really doesnt last long on my face, even with primer and the HD powder! And will show any dry skin you have on your face. I need something that will last more than 5 hours and doesnt transfer with a light swipe of the face. Ive gotten this stuff on peoples clothes when I hug them :( My search for a long lasting full coverage foundation continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by tentacles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so relieved when I found this foundation at Sephora. The color variety was great, and the shade 117 was a perfect match with my skin. The consistency is good and the pump is fabulous. My only vice with this foundation is that it tends to be a bit streaky, and tends to settle into fine lines under my eyes. I've been cursed with combination skin that leans towards the dry side, and this foundation attaches itself to my dry skin (mind you, I use a very good moisturizer before applying it). On the plus side, it provides a good light-medium coverage and it definitely buildable. Would I wear it in winter? No way. But in the summer time when my skin is a bit more hydrated, I'd definitely wear this again.