October 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont use this often but i am prone to having the weirdest, most stubborn dry patches which DO NOT GO AWAY!!!! But my holygrail secret is olive oil. It doesnt make you breakout at all and moisturizes like a dream. you can try putting a hot damp washcloth on the area to make your skin soak it up even more but i rarely need to as it moisturizes so well anyway. and also, you can apply makeup straight away and NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN. love it. love it. love it. HG. HG. HG!
edit: ive started using this as cleanser and it works like a charm to remove the makeup and leaves me with a moisturized and radiant glow. i also had a keratosis pilaris rash on the bottoms of my cheeks near the jawline which had previously gone away so i was shocked to find it come up so violently and so suddenly. olive oil has totally cured this. id say that i use it twice a week or so and definately after ive worn alot of makeup.sometimes i even use it in my body to get rid of the excma and make my skin look really smooth and moisturized. it just smells a bit but its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rackelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Listen up all pregnant ladies!!A dermatologist/aromotherapist friend of mine told me to use pure medical grade olive oil (can be bought in any pharmacy)on my bump instead of an expensive cream/oil. WEll, i did, and the result is - not one single stretch mark and my baby has the most beautiful skin ever!! I cannot explain how good this is - also, I have a very dry flakey scalp, and use it as an overnight treatment - magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by katmish

I just started using this this winter - my combination skin gets windburned and dry in places and this was one of the ONLY things I found that soothed it without making me break out. It also helps when my skin is aggravated from using strong exfoliants or other products. I like grapeseed oil too, but olive oil is more moisturizing IMO - grapeseed is better for non-winter months. You can also use it as a facial cleanser (see my notepad for some information on this). I add one or two drops of lavender oil to approximately 2 ounces of olive oil because I'm not crazy about the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ohsammi67

packaging, well since it isn't packaged for the face i can't really complain. Need it in a pump though. I have blemish prone skind and can put this all over my face and not break out. It softens amazingly and diminshes fine lines. the moisture seems to stay in yoru skin the next day and the smell DOES fade. I am impressed. Simple and not expensiveand the best wrinkle reducer i have found yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cook a lot. Being Italian, olive oil is a staple in my kitchen. Although I do like soap made with olive oil, I cannot bring myself to using straight Tuscan/Ligurian/Abruzzese whichever oil I have in the house on my face and body. Although I love the flavours of olive oil ranging from mild to peppery depending on the region it is from, and taken internally drizzled on some crusty Italian bread and ripe Roma tomatoes, it is just what the doctor ordered for healthy skin, hair and clear blood vessels (it lowers LDL "bad" cholesterol and boosts HDL "good" cholesterol) I cannot stand the smell of it in my hair, and on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best stuff on earth!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rutis

I read some reviews on how versatile olive oil is as a beauty product. It is winter here in Chicago, and I've been having some dry flakey patches around my mouth and chin that really didn't go away with lotion. And the lotion was making me break out really bad, so it was a no win situation. I tried a little bit of EVOO (out of my pantry) on a tissue and dabbed it on my face, let it sit for a sec, and swiped off the excess. Its only been one day, but I think it feels great. The flakeys are definitely gone, and my chin really isn't oily at all like I thought it would be. I will totally try olive oil for other uses now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by nisha_parekh

I put extra virgin olive oil in my hair last night -- I rubbed it in my scalp (I have a very dry scalp that gets itchy) and smoothed it on my hair. I left it on all last night (slept with a towel on my pillow :) and washed my hair this morning. Result -- beautiful, gorgeous hair that's really shiny, soft and it added more volume. Will be using this treatment once a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer for a few years, now, and I love it! Overall, my skin generally looks and feels great, but I do have sensitive, sometimes dry, sometimes combo skin that can be susceptible to clogged pores. I don't like most moisturizers, as they either feel like they are simply sitting atop my skin or they irritate me or they clog my pores. Olive oil does none of these things. I apply it a few mornings and a few evenings each week (more or less depending on my skin's needs), while my face is still damp from just being washed. It does not leave my skin feeling or looking greasy or oily at all. I don't often wear makeup, but when I do (usually just some cream or gel blush), I can use it over the olive oil and it still looks great (sort of gives a nice, clean dewey finish).

I also, now and then, make a scrub of olive oil and sugar. This works incredibly well for my face (though I do have to be gentle) and body!

08/2007 UPDATE: I won't change the rating, as I still think that olive oil is a great moisturizer, etc. I don't think that it completely agrees with my rosacea these days, though, so I rarely ever use it, now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 More reviews by slowandquiet

I use my cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil to take off my eye mu everyday before shower. No break-out. Wash w/ foaming cleanser afterwards. (I fill my used DHC cleansing oil bottle with the olive oil)