December 21, 2014 | 1566 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Maybelline Volum' Express for years and couldn't find waterproof in Brown, so I turned to this.... so much better! The color is Golden Brown (found in Germany) and it's gorgeous. The color is the best brown I've found and it's perfect if you have blonde lashes like me. I love this mascara and have since bought 3 tubes to stock up before I leave Germany. I hope they have it in the US!
UPDATE 11/27/04: I haven't been able to find Golden Brown in the US and I've moved on to L'Oreal Double Extend in True Brown. HTH! [fair-skinned (NC20-25), freckled, natural strawberry blond with hazel eyes & blond lashes] continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mauibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product sucks. After 6 coats and 15 minutes later, my eyelashes looked a little bit fuller but there wasn't any length. I guess this would be an ok mascara if you are looking for a very natural look. I will never repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Beckaroosy

I went through so much expensive mascara during the year before my wedding trying to find the perfect lash lushing product. In despair I finally went to my local drugstore and grabbed Maybelline's Full and Soft Mascara ( in waterproof of course for all of my many wedding tears) I love this stuff!! It makes my lashes look thicker and yet keeps them soft instead of stiff and brittle. I wore this on my wedding day and it didn't bleed once even though there were many tears of joy. I will be sticking with this one from now on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is one of the few mascaras that I have purchased more than once. It goes all day without flaking, and keeps the curl in my eyelashes all day. I also like that the black is truly black. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't thicken as much as say, the YSL faux cils... to me, this is more of a great every day mascara that gives your lashes a boost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2004 9:38:00 AM More reviews by scottsgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE, LOVE, luv this mascara. Gives my wimpy lashes the length and thickness that I can get from few other mascaras. It's also cheap! Tried the non-water-proof version but didn't get the same results. It also doesn't smudge or flake and stays on during my allergy-induced tearing sessions.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ilovekyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara is a wonderful
"drugstore" brand mascara. I use mascara to emphasize and define my eyes, but I want it to appear natural. When applying Full N' Soft mascara, I first wipe the application brush with a piece of paper towel to prevent clumps of mascara on my eyelashes. After wiping the application brush, I apply two coats of mascara to each set of eyelashes, then comb my eyelashes with my Sonia Kashuk metal eyelash comb. Using Full N' Soft I can achieve almost all effects I desire of my eyelashes. Full N' Soft mascara doesn't flake off, or smudge after I've applied it, and I am able to remove it from my eyelashes easily while cleansing my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2004 7:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkTink83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried lots of drug store mascaras and this one works the best for me so far! I always go back to it. It gives you thick, long lashes, but doesn't clump up. I really like the texture. And it never flakes or smudges!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 1:35:00 AM More reviews by shindigginess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my tried and true mascara for the past 3 years. It's relatively clump-free, and makes my lashes soft and thick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 12:38:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This, so far, is the THIRD Full n Soft product I've reviewed, and definately the worst. Now, when they say waterpoof, what comes to mind is a substance that will not run all over your face at the first sprinkle of water, or humidity, or even, in my case, a slight wind. This stuff sucks! It flaked all over my face, and then of course wouldnt come off my skin, and smeared all over the place for no apparent reason. And we arent talking at the end of a 12 hour day, we are talking like an hour and a half after being applied. I have never had ANY of these problems from the original non-curved Full n Soft. I just figured "Hey, a waterproof version of my HG mascara? Am I in heaven". Boy was i wrong. Maybe Maybelline is "Punking" all of us and putting the real waterproof version into the regular packaging and the regular version into the waterproof packaging? But I digress. Anyway, save yourself from the heartache of yet another failed Maybelline mascara and stick to the one, the true, Full n Soft (without the curved brush! that one sucks too!)as it is definately more waterproof than this crap. How odd is that? I'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by QueenSophia

Bought in my endless search for a waterproof smudgeproof mascara.

This was definitely soft. Good marks for that as I ahte the stiff feeling you get with most waterproof mascaras. However it was certainly not Full!

This is good as an everyday daytime mascara. Gives a little volume, kind of holds a curl and is waterproof. Not smudgeproof though.

Not too bad to get off though.

If it wasn't for the smudging and the lack of fullness, I'd praise it more.