Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 9/1/2004 1:02:00 AM

The product gave me exactly what it's name describes - full and soft lashes. It's great for a natural yet defined and volumnous look. (I'm not sure if that's a real word...) It does give slight smudging by the end of the day, but I still like the look it gives my lashes.

I have used Maybelline's Full and Soft mascara in the regular formula on and off for quite a long time and have liked it, so I was surprised that I didn't care for it's waterproof sister.

It does leave lashes soft, and gives them a natural finish....and yes, it is waterproof. What it isn't, as other reviewers have noted, is smudge proof. The smudges it leaves behind are, simply put, horrid beyond belief. They're big, they're bad, and (in my case) they're black.

Yep...YICK and YUCK. Not at all pretty.

I'm giving this product two lippies primarily because, though it does initially make my lashes "full" and "soft," it doesn't stay on my eyelashes, and frankly isn't a "beauty" !product. It's anti-beauty in a six dollar tube.

Buyer beware. continued >>

on 8/23/2004 6:56:00 AM

Full & Soft is a great everyday mascara that looks natural on, as it does not clump nor make your lashes brittle and hard (unlike other mascaras). In fact, your lashes are so soft it feels like there is no mascara on! Thus, if you are after a dramatic, wet-look mascara, this is def not your product.

The downside of this mascara is that although it is waterproof, it is NOT smudgeproof (unlike Cover Girl ones). By the end of the day I will always have a black smear below my eyes - which is not pretty and something every girl would rather avoid.

Thus, although Full & Soft is great overall, I recommend CG mascaras for all of u with a smudging problem. Very happy with Fantastic Lash atm.

on 8/15/2004 9:15:00 PM

This is the BEST mascara I have ever used. It replaces my former favorite, regular Full N Soft, because it gives me super thick looking lashes and it actually holds the curl sooo well. Very sultry and it builds well without clumping for thickness. It is very difficult to get off, but still worth it. A must have!

on 8/12/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

ok, have used volume express for ever and decided to try this based on reviews here. first off i got it at target on clearance w/ a eye liner, anyways, this mascara last very long and holds the "curve" in my lashes, i was impressed. however, sometimes i fight with it to go on nicely, it clumps my lashes together and hard to separate with comb, all in all though will buy over volume express, and the lasting power puts it over the top!

on 8/4/2004 6:45:00 PM

I bought this based in the reviews and was disappointed. Maybe it's because I bought the WP version, but I didn't get any volume at all with this mascara, although I did get some length. I have long, medium full lashes to begin with and this made them somewhat spikey. It's also not any softer than any other mascara. Total bust for me.

on 7/25/2004 9:48:00 PM

Fabulous mascara. Perfect for a pretty and natural look- not spidery in any way, which I need because I wear glasses. It holds curl really well, and it doesn't smudge at all on me, surprisingly. It smudges a little if I forget to take it off overnight, but not badly at all- and I wear a sleep mask. If I want a more dramatic look, I put a little loose powder on my lashes and put on another coat.

If you have clumping problems with this mascara, you might have a bad tube- I've noticed that maybelline mascaras abruptly start to clump once they reach the 8 month point.

on 7/19/2004 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the washable Full 'N' Soft, but hate the waterproof. The waterproof one smudged big time!

on 7/19/2004 4:07:00 PM

i love this stuff. it separates and defines lashes beautifully, and truly does give your lashes the look of those coveted lashes in the magazine ads. i can seriously put on 4-5 coats of this stuff with each lash still being *perfectly* defined, and *without* any sort of tammy faye look. that's a huge accomplishment that not very mascaras can live up to! it smudges a bit on my upper eyelids, but hey- who cares? my lashes have never looked so good.

on 7/18/2004 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted a nice volumizing mascara for the warmer months that wouldn't smudge or smear during high humidity days and several MUAers raved about this one.

I picked it up not too long ago and I'm really impressed! It makes my lashes look thick and full and doesn't clump or run around my eyes. The price isn't too bad either, especially since drugstores are often running sales on mascara. I would purchase this again for sure.

Popular Mascaras