Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 10/14/2004 1:34:00 AM

Makes my lashes long and thick, beautiful look for the first few hours. Then it's nothing but flakes, flakes, flakes for me! Somehow I can't get it to wash off in the shower, but I can get the flakes all over my face. Sigh!

on 10/9/2004 4:50:00 PM

Nothing dramatic, just a great day-to-day mascara. There's nothing too special about it; it adds color, and lengthens a tad. It does fulfill the 'full' promise, imo. Its a plus that it came off very easily with my make-up remover, but barely smudged during the day. I'm too lazy (and broke) to search out a new HG so I've just been repurchasing this for now.

on 9/13/2004 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara rocks. I liked the un-waterproof version, but decided to try this one for fun, and now i may have to go in and change the rating for the other. The reason is, when I put this one on it doesn't weigh down the curl I just put in with my eyelash curler which was a bit of a bummer with the other. And I have just spent the weekend crying and crying and it hasn't budged!
TIP though: Full n Soft products give a amazingly NATURAL look so if you're not into that, it won't do for you. I found that I put one coat on, then sometimes add some fullness with Volume Express and finish with a light coat of Full n Soft for a great waterproof look.

on 9/4/2004 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

How disappointing mascara experience... When I finished my waterproof Volum'Express, I decided to give this a try, since all the great reviews it has, but unfortunately this is not for me. It doesn't hold my curled lashes and smears quite a bit on me, where's the waterproof thing then? Well, I'm sticking to Volum'Express from now on as my favorite water-resistant mascara.

on 9/1/2004 1:02:00 AM

The product gave me exactly what it's name describes - full and soft lashes. It's great for a natural yet defined and volumnous look. (I'm not sure if that's a real word...) It does give slight smudging by the end of the day, but I still like the look it gives my lashes.

I have used Maybelline's Full and Soft mascara in the regular formula on and off for quite a long time and have liked it, so I was surprised that I didn't care for it's waterproof sister.

It does leave lashes soft, and gives them a natural finish....and yes, it is waterproof. What it isn't, as other reviewers have noted, is smudge proof. The smudges it leaves behind are, simply put, horrid beyond belief. They're big, they're bad, and (in my case) they're black.

Yep...YICK and YUCK. Not at all pretty.

I'm giving this product two lippies primarily because, though it does initially make my lashes "full" and "soft," it doesn't stay on my eyelashes, and frankly isn't a "beauty" !product. It's anti-beauty in a six dollar tube.

Buyer beware. continued >>

on 8/23/2004 6:56:00 AM

Full & Soft is a great everyday mascara that looks natural on, as it does not clump nor make your lashes brittle and hard (unlike other mascaras). In fact, your lashes are so soft it feels like there is no mascara on! Thus, if you are after a dramatic, wet-look mascara, this is def not your product.

The downside of this mascara is that although it is waterproof, it is NOT smudgeproof (unlike Cover Girl ones). By the end of the day I will always have a black smear below my eyes - which is not pretty and something every girl would rather avoid.

Thus, although Full & Soft is great overall, I recommend CG mascaras for all of u with a smudging problem. Very happy with Fantastic Lash atm.

on 8/15/2004 9:15:00 PM

This is the BEST mascara I have ever used. It replaces my former favorite, regular Full N Soft, because it gives me super thick looking lashes and it actually holds the curl sooo well. Very sultry and it builds well without clumping for thickness. It is very difficult to get off, but still worth it. A must have!

on 8/12/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

ok, have used volume express for ever and decided to try this based on reviews here. first off i got it at target on clearance w/ a eye liner, anyways, this mascara last very long and holds the "curve" in my lashes, i was impressed. however, sometimes i fight with it to go on nicely, it clumps my lashes together and hard to separate with comb, all in all though will buy over volume express, and the lasting power puts it over the top!

on 8/4/2004 6:45:00 PM

I bought this based in the reviews and was disappointed. Maybe it's because I bought the WP version, but I didn't get any volume at all with this mascara, although I did get some length. I have long, medium full lashes to begin with and this made them somewhat spikey. It's also not any softer than any other mascara. Total bust for me.