Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 3/14/2008 2:15:00 PM

This is a great mascara, very dramatic look to make your eyes stand out. This is my backup mascara so to speak because I love their new Lash Power mascara. This is a great mascara also though!

on 3/10/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this as my everyday mascara in black/brown. I apply to uppers only after applying the Clinique lash primer. On my lashes this combo gives me really nice length, without needing to comb after. No clumps. It is easy to remove when I wash my face with cleansing oil at night. Thus far, it has not irritated my lashes the way mascara sometimes can. It seems to hold the curl that my lashes have naturally. My only wish is that it was more of a true brown. I have a before and after pic with this product in my profile. A definite repurchase for me.

on 3/9/2008 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a smaller size of this mascara with a Clinique gift set. I usually use Clinique High Definition Lashes which I love. I don't love this quite as much. It gives decent volume, but doesn't lengthen as well as High Definition. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but it does have a tendency to clumb a bit. I don't like the brush. It's too big and it makes it difficult to apply mascara to all my lashes.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

My review might be slightly different from the rest; I purchased High Impact Mascara in Sultry Plum while on the quest to find the perfect purple mascara. Those of you who have tried colored mascaras in the past know that the options are pretty scarce: No color payoff or chalky, pastel shades. Since purple brings out the green in my eyes, I am always on the hunt for the perfect vibrant purple. Clinique High Impact Mascara was not exactly what I had in mind. While it did create fuller, longer lashes without clumping, the color was too subtle for my liking. That being said, Sultry Plum did make my eyes look slightly brighter/greener. I'm still searching for a more vibrant, more purple option.

Shade Description: Sultry plum is a reddish, almost burgandy purple. It could be a nice, subtle alternative to black mascara but may also make bloodshot eyes appear to be more so. This color is work appropriate since it takes quite a few coats to get the purple effect (and even then, it was primarily visible at the very tip of my lashes and only in direct light). continued >>

on 3/4/2008 10:49:00 PM

This mascara is so great! My eye style is asian and it is easy to be panda (or raccoon). However, this mascara is never spreaded on my eyes. My eyelash is shorter and thin. But! This mascara makes my eyelash is long and thick! *Tip* When you try to remove this mascara, you don't have to use remover. Because this mascara is melted in the hot water. Human body temperature is 36.5 degree, but this mascara is melted higher temeprature than human body temperature. so this product is never spreaded on your eyes and use the hot water to remove it.

on 3/4/2008 7:36:00 AM

I'm here today to review one of the best mascara I ever used.
the first impression was dramatic! it works good for the volume, lashes become very "diva effect"!
the cream is a little bit gluey and dense, so It's not very easy to remove.
the brush is quite big.
the formulation could irritate if you have sensitive eyes.
However the impact is sure, you'll have doll lashes!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Same as other reviewers gave my lashes great oomph and volume. Had lots of comments from my friends. However, and this is why I wouldn't buy it again, during the day and when I would try and take off my make up it came off in these waxy strings which irritated my eyes and even when I though I had taken it off completely the next morning I would still find these gooey strings coming out of my eyes

on 3/2/2008 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My lashes: short, medium thickness and dark brown. Love dramatic lashes. This mascara provided no volume, some length after 4 sweeps, lashes droopped and smudged after couple of hours, the black not too pigmented, weird hue to it. After removal, noticed flakes inside the rims of my eyes. Conclusion: nothing high impact about this mascara, one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried for a dept. store brand. Wore it for three days with same results and then went straight to the trash. This was the regular size, ugly green tube I purchased. My own fault since I know Clinique has a bad reputation on mascaras.

on 2/29/2008 3:14:00 PM

This mascara is by far and away the best I have ever used. It goes on smooth, never clumps, and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! Creates very full and soft lashes. I think the cost is also very reasonable for the size and quality. This will always be in my makeup case!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara has become my HG! One coat blows my old Maybelline Full n Soft out of the water. Two or more coats *really* makes my lashes stand out. I haven't had any problems with clumping or smudging. I highly recommend people get a sample and try it out!