September 21, 2014 | 1678 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a bonus in black and really like it. I put on 1 coat and brush out my lashes with a mascara spoolie and then apply a second coat. It is a deep black and it goes on glossy & not too clumpy. However, I find I have to brush out any mascara to avoid looking like the raccon eyed ladies one finds at some cosmetic counters....I prefer Clinique & Lancome mascaras in the bonus size much better than the full size....so if I repurchase, I'm looking on Ebay. I have found Clinique's full size mascaras get too clumpy. Also, my other favorite mascara is MAC's Pro Longlash in Pitchblack.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by sesajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good everyday mascara, goes on easy without clumping and is very liquidy, but not a dramatic evening one. I'd choose it if you want to go a step up from buying drugstore mascaras, but aren't ready to throw down twenty bucks for something from a more upscale line.
UPDATE: This mascara hates my new eye cream. The eye cream needs to stay, because it's really working for me and that's hard to find, so it looks like I'm trying to find a new mascara. If you use an under-lid eye cream and it's got a creamy or greasy feel to it, this mascara isn't the best choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by j_ilia

Really goes on easily and looks good, although is perhaps not the most dramatic mascara I've ever tried, it looks high quality, doesn't smudge... and is the best mascara I've ever tried for getting lower lashes looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by greenling

It's the most expensive mascara I've ever bought at 12.50, but that's still only 5 over Rimmel's LashMaxx, so I gave it a try. This was recommended by the Clinique SA who said she used this daily. She said it goes on very easily - and she's right. One stroke leaves a truly clump-free application of mascara that defines along the length of the lash. If, like me, you have tried half a dozen cheap mascaras, stop trying them out and just invest in a tube of this. Mascara for glamour-craving morons.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by calif_maki

I got this as part of Clinique's GWP. I curled my lashes prior to application of this mascara and I was disappointed that it actually took away the "curl" the curler gave me. I had to apply it 2-3x to make it more visible and I ended up with spidery-looking lashes. Didn't work for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I love this mascara. It has a rich black color and the brush is nice and big and round, but still easy to touch to your bottom lashes. It makes my lashes thick and long. I really have no lashes at all, and my sister has incredibly long ones, yet she said it looked like I had false lashes on. I know that this will be a new HG for me, I totally love the effect it gives my eyes. Also, it doesn't clump for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

I love this mascara, in fact I believe it's my HG! It really makes my lashes long, thus making my eyes "pop". I have sensitive eyes as well, so it does not bother them, which is always good. The brush is also nice, as it holds a good amount of product, without clumping up on the brush or on my eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FYI, I'm using the non-waterproof/washable version of this mascara.

I got this as a sample, and I like that it really lengthens your lashes, and is easy to put on as the formula is really smooth. It also doesnt clump on me. However, it smudges like crazy, which I don't like. After half a day, I was getting black smudges under my eyes which were very noticable. I tried it a few times because I really loved the lengthening effect, but to no avail, since it smudged gleefully each time I used it. Maybe it's because I was using the non-waterproof version of the mascara...can't speak for the waterproof version.

What a pity this smudges so badly, I wouldn't rebuy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by keiralechat

This mascara used to be my HG for a number of years, my friend gave me my very first one and I've bought about 10 of them since.
The mascara does make my lashes longer and fuller but only to a certain point, I feel I've gotten longer and fuller lashes from other mascaras (hence this not beeing my HG anymore) but to the high imact's defence it works quicker for me so I still use it if i'm in a rush. It lasts pretty well and doesn't flake, doesn't dry out quickly and the color is a very pretty ink-black.
One thing i've noticed about the packaging is that the cap always gets a crack in it after about a month or so... often leaving stains in my makeup bag, i've found that only fastening the cap loosely solves this problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by GoshILoveYou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I asked the lady at the Clinique counter which would make my lashes longer (she had already asked if I was wearing false lashes) and she told me that the high impact mascara would make my lashes longer.. and it did. I like to wear a lot. It comes off pretty easy. Goes on very smooth. The brush is kind of large though.