Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 2/12/2008 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried in terms of smudging. By the end of the work day most of this mascara had migrated to my eyelids and undereyes.

on 2/9/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really short and tiny lashes, and it gives me a natural look. It doesn't clump and can be easily removed by warm water. It was a GWP for me, but I am not gonna pay for it.

on 2/9/2008 11:10:00 AM

I got this as a GWP a couple of years ago. Was quite happy with the way my lashes looked when using it. HOWEVER it irritated my eyes terribly - it seemed to shed into my eyes and I'd be pulling gooey black strings out of the corner of my eyes during the day, or I'd get to the point where I couldn't keep one eye open because it was tearing up so badly. Took me a while to realise that it was the mascara causing the problems - switched mascaras (to Dior Maximeyes, now discontinued so have moved onto Diorshow) and that cleared up the problem quick smart. This was the worst beauty product I've ever used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a GWP and it's a pretty decent mascara. It's glossy, doesn't clump, goes on clean, and comes off pretty well too. It's not completely AMAZING or anything, but I've had worse. My eyelashes are kind of dinky and straight. This mascara doesn't give volume, length, or curl, but it darkens them and makes my eyes look pretty.
If you want something straightforward, I recommend this. I would buy it when I run out, but I'll be trying out other types because this one isn't the ONE for me.

on 2/8/2008 4:23:00 PM

I love this... my favorite is still Long Pretty Lashes, but the brush on this is phenomenal... doesn't clump, gets every lash, and you can really control how much you get on. I dont' like the overly dramatic look, so I do a few swipes and I"m done! love it!

UPDATE- why is it I love mascara the first time I use it then HATE it so often the next time??? The first time was great... then the next time I tried to put it on it clumped all over my eyes, waht a mess. This is going back. Sticking w/ Long Pretty Lashes

on 1/31/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

There's really nothing high impact about this mascara, imo it was really poorly named bc it just doesn't live up to the expectations it creates. On me, it gives no additional length or volume, but it does go on very smoothly without clumping. It has a very wet texture, which I think helps cut down on the clumping, but it also makes my eyelashes very straight, completely removes any curl if I curl them, and I really prefer not to curl my lashes after applying mascara. On the plus side though, the color was fine, and it doesn't smell funny like a lot of the Clinique (esp waterproof) mascaras do. This might be a nice thing to use if you want a really simple, no fuss, natural look. Not super expensive, but I am slightly underwhelmed and combined with the fact that I can get something much more dramatic for less than half the price, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/28/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i was expecting this mascara to give more definition and volume to my lashes but unfortunately this didnt happen. i have shorter than average lashes which are quite straight so i prefer diorshow, but my best friend, who has naturally long and curly lashes, has used this product and the effects were beautiful.

I got this mascara as a free sample. I love it. It keeps my lashes seperate, unlike the other mascaras that tend to give you the spider lashes. I love it, I finally have found a mascara that looks good on.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I was given this in a GWP two years ago, and have been hooked ever since! It is perfect if you have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. The only problem is that it does run easily.

on 1/22/2008 8:32:00 PM

I don't need much when it comes to mascara. My lashes are very long and thick-they are just a lighter color toward the ends so in order for them to be visible I need to darken them with mascara. I received this as a GWP, and I've been using it on and off since. I've noticed that the past 4 times I've worn this I received compliments from complete strangers on my lashes. It must be good stuff!