Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 2/22/2008 11:40:00 PM

I have really short thin lashes that don't curl AT ALL even when I use an eyelash curler..10 mins later its back to being straight so I have a lot of trouble finding the right mascara for me. I tried this as a GWP from clinique and I would say it is an okay product. It could be better from the name "HIGH impact mascara" the name really caught my eye and I thought it would do the things it advertises. When I first used it, it only get me length and somewhat of volume. My eyelashes didn't look as different so I guess I still have more hunting to do! The great thing is it doesn't clump and I wear contacts so it doesn't irritage my eye at all. I guess this works best on those who are born lucky with long curly lashes because it will REALLY bring out your eyes. The price is okay.. I paid $24CDN for it.. I think it could be cheaper because I could get drug store mascara that works as well as it for less

on 2/20/2008 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara was okay if you put it on. The length and volume was okay, all it did was just darken my eyelashes and give it like a nanometer of length. However, it does smudge, especially if you rub your eyes often. Also, I've had the same experience as those last posters. I got a black gooey string of mascara plus something else in the corner of my eye after I've taken the mascara off. Not pleasant.

on 2/20/2008 12:46:00 AM

My eyes exploded with this mascara. Exploded into horribleness. Woke up eyes swollen shut, taking horrible gunkiness out of my eyes. All day my eyes were red. I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

I would have given it a higher package quality, but since the package contained horrible eye acid no, it was not good quality.

I always would get these in the GWP's, and every time I used them this happened. I thought it was allergies... yes... to horrible mascara.

Looked pretty going on though!

I received this as a GWP. I had the same problem as the poster below - wearing this mascara caused goopy black eye stuff. You don't want details.
It was fine when I was wearing it but it irritated my eyes when I was taking it off. Also, the next morning (for most of the day) I had those black strings in my eyes.

on 2/12/2008 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried in terms of smudging. By the end of the work day most of this mascara had migrated to my eyelids and undereyes.

on 2/9/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really short and tiny lashes, and it gives me a natural look. It doesn't clump and can be easily removed by warm water. It was a GWP for me, but I am not gonna pay for it.

on 2/9/2008 11:10:00 AM

I got this as a GWP a couple of years ago. Was quite happy with the way my lashes looked when using it. HOWEVER it irritated my eyes terribly - it seemed to shed into my eyes and I'd be pulling gooey black strings out of the corner of my eyes during the day, or I'd get to the point where I couldn't keep one eye open because it was tearing up so badly. Took me a while to realise that it was the mascara causing the problems - switched mascaras (to Dior Maximeyes, now discontinued so have moved onto Diorshow) and that cleared up the problem quick smart. This was the worst beauty product I've ever used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a GWP and it's a pretty decent mascara. It's glossy, doesn't clump, goes on clean, and comes off pretty well too. It's not completely AMAZING or anything, but I've had worse. My eyelashes are kind of dinky and straight. This mascara doesn't give volume, length, or curl, but it darkens them and makes my eyes look pretty.
If you want something straightforward, I recommend this. I would buy it when I run out, but I'll be trying out other types because this one isn't the ONE for me.

on 2/8/2008 4:23:00 PM

I love this... my favorite is still Long Pretty Lashes, but the brush on this is phenomenal... doesn't clump, gets every lash, and you can really control how much you get on. I dont' like the overly dramatic look, so I do a few swipes and I"m done! love it!

UPDATE- why is it I love mascara the first time I use it then HATE it so often the next time??? The first time was great... then the next time I tried to put it on it clumped all over my eyes, waht a mess. This is going back. Sticking w/ Long Pretty Lashes

on 1/31/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

There's really nothing high impact about this mascara, imo it was really poorly named bc it just doesn't live up to the expectations it creates. On me, it gives no additional length or volume, but it does go on very smoothly without clumping. It has a very wet texture, which I think helps cut down on the clumping, but it also makes my eyelashes very straight, completely removes any curl if I curl them, and I really prefer not to curl my lashes after applying mascara. On the plus side though, the color was fine, and it doesn't smell funny like a lot of the Clinique (esp waterproof) mascaras do. This might be a nice thing to use if you want a really simple, no fuss, natural look. Not super expensive, but I am slightly underwhelmed and combined with the fact that I can get something much more dramatic for less than half the price, I wouldn't repurchase.

Popular Mascaras