October 21, 2014 | 1014 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara, it isn't the most voluminizing, dramatic mascara I've ever tried, however I have really really stupid sensitive baby eyes and every other mascara I've tried really irritates, burns and stings them. The most wonderful, dramatic volumizing mascaras I've ever tried like Bourjois Volume Clubbing or even MAC's Fibre Lash stung and burned my eyes. What is it that they put into volumizing mascara that is like acid to my eyes??? So within the category of mascaras that I can actually wear, because they don't bother my eyes or make them look red and swollen like I had red eye, this Clinique mascara is perhaps the most decent and volumizing. At the moment in my stash I have, in addition to the aforementioned mascaras, Maybelline Great Lash and Mavala, but I find that I almost always reach for the Clinique mascara, because I don't like to spend the whole day crying away and feeling like someone threw acid into my eyes, while the Great Lash and Mavala don't really do anything to my lashes in terms of volume or drama. (I use the Mavala mainly for its conditioning and lash-protecting properties, because it has castor oil.) So I think I will try to curb experimenting so much with mascaras for a while and go for brands that I know won't hurt my eyes, like Clinique, since I know Clinique is specially formulated for people with baby eyes and baby skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by smashinista

I love, love, LOVE this mascara. My roommate tried it once too and immediately said, "Oh my god, what kind is this!" I have pretty decent lashes to begin with, but I really see a big difference after putting this on. Lengthening, curling, volumizing, sexifying...and all for less than those flashier brands (Diorshow and friends). Do your lashes a favor and buy this one. I plan to get a new tube when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lwiso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this! i am constantly on the hunt for the perfect mascara that goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look dramatic and comes off easily, and this is it! I got this as a sample in black and couldn't wait to get more! I've gotten many compliments, some even said it looked like my lashes were so perfect they couldn't be real!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

I tried a sample of this; won't be buying. It's simply not as good for my purposes as some of their others - Naturally Glossy, Long Pretty, Lash Power. Nor as good as my favourites elewhere (see other reviews).

PROS: doesn't irritate eyes; not as clumpy as some others (Lancome, for ex.)

CONS: The formula was too thick, clogged and blobbed, and left lashes clumpy. The brush was thicker than any of my usual favourites, so didn't get mascara right down to the roots of my top lashes, and was generally less easy to handle. After combing through (with a fine metal-toothed lash comb), the result was better, but to my eye resembled either of my other usual Clinique mascaras, except it had required more effort. Lashes were slightly dry.

I didn't like, as it didn't fulfill my purposes. But I'd certainly recommend this for anyone looking for really thick lashes; an Occasionwear for lashes. The results were comparable to some of the lusher Lancome, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, and Maybelline mascaras. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a bonus in black and really like it. I put on 1 coat and brush out my lashes with a mascara spoolie and then apply a second coat. It is a deep black and it goes on glossy & not too clumpy. However, I find I have to brush out any mascara to avoid looking like the raccon eyed ladies one finds at some cosmetic counters....I prefer Clinique & Lancome mascaras in the bonus size much better than the full size....so if I repurchase, I'm looking on Ebay. I have found Clinique's full size mascaras get too clumpy. Also, my other favorite mascara is MAC's Pro Longlash in Pitchblack.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by sesajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good everyday mascara, goes on easy without clumping and is very liquidy, but not a dramatic evening one. I'd choose it if you want to go a step up from buying drugstore mascaras, but aren't ready to throw down twenty bucks for something from a more upscale line.
UPDATE: This mascara hates my new eye cream. The eye cream needs to stay, because it's really working for me and that's hard to find, so it looks like I'm trying to find a new mascara. If you use an under-lid eye cream and it's got a creamy or greasy feel to it, this mascara isn't the best choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by j_ilia

Really goes on easily and looks good, although is perhaps not the most dramatic mascara I've ever tried, it looks high quality, doesn't smudge... and is the best mascara I've ever tried for getting lower lashes looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by greenling

It's the most expensive mascara I've ever bought at 12.50, but that's still only 5 over Rimmel's LashMaxx, so I gave it a try. This was recommended by the Clinique SA who said she used this daily. She said it goes on very easily - and she's right. One stroke leaves a truly clump-free application of mascara that defines along the length of the lash. If, like me, you have tried half a dozen cheap mascaras, stop trying them out and just invest in a tube of this. Mascara for glamour-craving morons.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by calif_maki

I got this as part of Clinique's GWP. I curled my lashes prior to application of this mascara and I was disappointed that it actually took away the "curl" the curler gave me. I had to apply it 2-3x to make it more visible and I ended up with spidery-looking lashes. Didn't work for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I love this mascara. It has a rich black color and the brush is nice and big and round, but still easy to touch to your bottom lashes. It makes my lashes thick and long. I really have no lashes at all, and my sister has incredibly long ones, yet she said it looked like I had false lashes on. I know that this will be a new HG for me, I totally love the effect it gives my eyes. Also, it doesn't clump for me at all.