December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also received this as a bonus sample with a Clinique purchase, and I was initally hooked. It went on wet, thin and seemed like a perfect mascara. But after the frist few uses, the tube seemed to start to dry out and my eyelashes got that dreaded spidery look. I thought it was an older tube, so I went back and purchased the full size. Again, I had initial success; and then (within a week!) it got noticeably globby and is more headahce than it's worth to use it anymore. I did try to clean off the brush, as well as the top of the bottle, but nothing seemed to work. If you like thickly spiderish lashes, this might be your HG mascara. If you like something less
Liza Minelli-ish, don't bother with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by valacy

I received this in a Clinique bonus and had no real plans on using it. Then I lost my mascara and went hunting for anything to use in my closet. I discovered this sample and tried it on -- I have been hooked ever since. It's my first Holy Grail. Seriously. The only product I've been able to cross off the list of "still searching for something that works" is this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by flirty

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It made my lashes thick but didn't clump..or flake! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Akashka

I got this mascara as a ( quite large ) sample. Ever since I can never go out without it. I absolutly love it. I always have back up for it too, and even have one at my bf's ! First off, the color is great. I have it in black and I love it ! Then it doesn't smell anything which is bliss, and I can actually sleep with my mascara on when I went out without fearing the eye disater the next day. It stays forever, lengens lashes and gives them volume without making them stick together ! It's just wonderfull !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by starlequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product, regarded it's used properly. I use it daily in rotation with my BonneBell Eyestyle mascara.

Positives: ++You DON'T NEED AN EYELASH CURLER!!! :):)
++Huge tube, lasts a long time
++Easy to apply
++Makes my eyelashes look like doll lashes in only a few swipes (incredible at increasing height and length of lashes)
++Easy to remove

Negatives: --Expensive! $17 a tube!
--Tends to clump if you're not careful
--Makes lashes pretty stiff
--Ugly, but easy to use packaging

Thankfully I only need to buy this once in a while since it lasts so long.. or else I'd probably go broke! I think I'll buy another tube, just to have on hand, but I'm planning to try something else (maybe by MAC?) for future use. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I know this isn't supposed to irritate eyes, but it kills mine (most mascaras do though). I got this as a freebie and I like the look I get with it despite the fact that the brush makes it hard to reach my lash roots, BUT it seems as soon as I walk out the door my eyes start itching, as the day progresses they start burning. Not good. Plus it flakes off pretty badly for me, of course I'm probably rubbing my eyes 'cause they hurt so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

OH MY GOD.. I am crazy about this mascara! I'm the ultimate "Queen" of mascaras and tried them all. I naturally have very long eyelashes but I'm always on the hunt to find the "perfect" mascara that will boost volume and thicken my lashes. I can't believe this mascara doesn't get the recognition that it deserves. It dramatically made my lashes thicker and even longer. But what's so great about this mascara is that it works for both those who wish both natural and dramatic looks. You can easily built up the thickness you want and NO CLUMPS! Can we call that a miracle? I can literally brush on 8 coats and no clumps and I get the results I want.

Ladies, do yourself a favor and try this. Plus it's only 14 bucks! That's such a bargain compared to those other 20 dollar mascaras on the market!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara, it isn't the most voluminizing, dramatic mascara I've ever tried, however I have really really stupid sensitive baby eyes and every other mascara I've tried really irritates, burns and stings them. The most wonderful, dramatic volumizing mascaras I've ever tried like Bourjois Volume Clubbing or even MAC's Fibre Lash stung and burned my eyes. What is it that they put into volumizing mascara that is like acid to my eyes??? So within the category of mascaras that I can actually wear, because they don't bother my eyes or make them look red and swollen like I had red eye, this Clinique mascara is perhaps the most decent and volumizing. At the moment in my stash I have, in addition to the aforementioned mascaras, Maybelline Great Lash and Mavala, but I find that I almost always reach for the Clinique mascara, because I don't like to spend the whole day crying away and feeling like someone threw acid into my eyes, while the Great Lash and Mavala don't really do anything to my lashes in terms of volume or drama. (I use the Mavala mainly for its conditioning and lash-protecting properties, because it has castor oil.) So I think I will try to curb experimenting so much with mascaras for a while and go for brands that I know won't hurt my eyes, like Clinique, since I know Clinique is specially formulated for people with baby eyes and baby skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by smashinista

I love, love, LOVE this mascara. My roommate tried it once too and immediately said, "Oh my god, what kind is this!" I have pretty decent lashes to begin with, but I really see a big difference after putting this on. Lengthening, curling, volumizing, sexifying...and all for less than those flashier brands (Diorshow and friends). Do your lashes a favor and buy this one. I plan to get a new tube when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lwiso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this! i am constantly on the hunt for the perfect mascara that goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look dramatic and comes off easily, and this is it! I got this as a sample in black and couldn't wait to get more! I've gotten many compliments, some even said it looked like my lashes were so perfect they couldn't be real!