Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 6/25/2004 10:28:00 PM

I liked this cleanser at first because it was gentle and removed makeup. But every time I use it, I break out horribly. I've realized that it doesn't cleanse my skin very well, so, that is what caused problems.

on 6/25/2004 12:08:00 PM

This stuff was good for my extremely oily skin in the summer, but in the winter it is just WAAAY to drying. And dry, flaky skin is very odd on me any time of year. Of course after an hour or so my skin is oily again, but I just can't stand it for the hour immediately following cleansing. It is tight, dry, and itchy and looks flaky in the mirror. I also don't like how it doesn't foam at all. I really like my cleanser to foam because at least I feel like it cleans something. I gave it a 3 to be nice because it is okay for my skin in the summer.

on 6/21/2004 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

You name it, I've tried it...and this has been working the best! It's cleared up my terrible acne prone skin and hasn't dried it up at all. Am using the mositurizer from Cetaphil too, which is nice and light, plus has sunscreen for my fair Irish skin.

on 6/14/2004 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I started using this cleanser after reading Paula Begoun's books which tell you to avoid alcohol based products like the plague. To my dismay, I discovered almost all of my skincare products contained alcohol, including my Murad Clarifying Cleanser, so I bought this cleanser in addition to her 2% BHA Liquid to treat my acne prone face.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE! My skin erupted like it hasn't since my teenage years. I gave these products 6 weeks to work their magic and I broke out the entire 6 weeks. I finally gave up and went back to all of my old products and my skin cleared up within a few weeks. Unfortunately, now I'm left with a number of red spots I know will take months to fade away.
I have learned my lesson, I'm sticking with my alcohol based products from now on.

on 6/8/2004 4:20:00 PM

i like this product alot. it does take out some of the oil. the first day i used this i got compliments. the next day my face was fairly oily. nevertheless, my skin isn't breaking out and is very soft. doesn't ever dry out my sensitive skin. :)

on 6/3/2004 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product because I use the other Cetaphil product for the winter, but I needed something stronger for the summer. It left a weird film on my face, made my skin feel tight and oily, and has a terrible smell even after you wash it off. I don't think it's for everyone!

on 5/21/2004 12:50:00 PM

I have used Cetaphil for Oily Skin for around 2 years now (a dermatologist recommended it to me). I have never been so content with a product before. It cleans thoroughly without ever over-drying. So many other cleansers for oily skin strip all the oil out, thus making your skin produce even more. Not so with this one. It cleanses perfectly and balances out your skin. Definitely try this over the regular Cetaphil (which I think doesn't really "clean" as well).

on 5/19/2004 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a great product! Whenever I get bored of a new wash I'm using, I can always go back to Cetaphil and it's great! It's so light and makes my skin soft and clean!

on 5/19/2004 3:22:00 PM

HORRIBLE!!!! This is how I can sum this up in one word. I do not know how dermatologists can recommend this to anyone!?!? The pump is the only good thing about this product. I did not feel like it left my face clean at all, and after only two days of using this product I started getting small bumps under my skin, around my eyes and cheeks. Still trying to fix the damage it has done. Don't waste your money on this product.

on 5/11/2004 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm extremely acne-prone and this is the only thing I can use on my face. It lasts a long time and my whole family uses it. Although it can be drying at times but I feel it works better than the original version.