July 30, 2014 | 1505 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2002 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cbohanno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have definitely decided I HATE this! I have tried and tried to make it work and can't. It doesn't cover a thing if I put on one coat, and it flakes off if I use more. Either way it makes me look like I have worse skin than I do! I have been using Revlon Colorstay Lite and find it to be FAR superior for $12. I have slightly oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2002 5:19:00 PM More reviews by fancyface

I am so bummed! I expected this to be THE ONE and it just really didn't work for me at ALL. I actually returned it, it didn't work that much for me- it takes a lot for me to return! But everytime I wore it: 1)it wore off and creased up under my eyes worse than just about anything and 2) it got really greasy after a short time. That said, the first 2 seconds I put it on it looks fantastic- ultra smooth and silky. Too bad that look doesn't last even 1/2 a second with facial movements. I tried no eye cream, different eye creams, waiting 30 minutes after lotion, different powders, nothing. It just did not work at all for me.
:-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2002 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been road testing the generous factory issue sample of Armani's LSF foundation (liquid)that I received as a surprise in a parcel from a fellow MUA'er here in Seattle (waves!).

Its quite good. However, I prefer the sheer, natural coverage and ease of application Vincent Longo Water Canvas or Awake Hydro Touch.

I don't use foundation every day but when I do I apply in the am, set with a little powder (YSL or LeClerc)and do not touch it for the rest of the day. Even when I have combination skin I never carry blotting powder with me.

I've been wearing #4 which is a bit too yellow for me and it does makes my skin have that "she's wearing foundation" look. Its thick, luxurious, silky and has a lovely finish. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the sheerness of Awake and Longo. I can not recommend this for combination and oily skin gals. If you like a medium coverage, have normal to dry skin and don't mind looking like you are wearing foundation then this might be for you. Its is top shelf quality, just don't think this foundation is for me.

Saturday 11:31 pm Amended Review: I wore this foundation to the Symphony today and hrs later my makeup is intact, the finish is polished, luxurious, silky-satin and flawless. I set it with YSL powder and used Shiseido's velour puff. My skin looked and felt like a million bucks. I might just have to purchase this foundation for evening wear only afterall. I still think, for my lifestyle, this its too heavy for daytime. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2002 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cbohanno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was SO excited to try this after reading all of the rave reviews. I ordered #2 from Saks in NY (who does not charge S&H, by the way!)and it was too light, so I re-ordered #4, which was the perfect color for my light/medium yellowish skin. I have tried everything I can to make this foundation work on my oily skin, but no matter what I do it looks chalky and flaky. I will be going back to my Chantecaille Future Skin, which is worth the extra $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2002 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Cordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a couple of liquid foundations, but always went back to powder formulations, as I could just never get the liquid ones to work for me. Until now, that is! This foundation is unbelievably easy to apply, even for someone like me. I squeeze the pump once into my hand, dot foundation across my face and blend with a damp sponge. If I need more coverage, I apply what's left on my hand with the sponge. I've also tried it without the sponge. It works, but I get foundation all over my fingers, so I prefer to use the sponge. This foundation blends easily into my skin, without the usual smudging and smearing that I've been used to. It leaves my skin with a natural-looking finish, somewhere between matte and dewy. My skintone is perfectly even and I hardly even need to use my Skin Retouch concealer. A quick application of powder and I'm good to go. I usually use this for going out in the evenings, but I've also applied it in the morning when I've a whole day out, and it lasted perfectly (even through getting my hair washed!). It is quite pricey, but I think it is totally worth it for the results, and a bottle of foundation lasts a long time with me. Thank you Mr. Armani, for restoring my faith in foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2002 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ck4babe

Beeeeeeeeeyuuuutiful foundation- i think i found my holy grail! ever since i started using Differin, my skin has been ultra sensitive and most other foundations that were fine for me before started to sting when i put it on! but the LSF did not sting, or emphasise dry patches but left a smooth, flawless finish! the price is quite good too, it's $74 in Australia, which is cheaper than VLWC (my previous holy grail) and will probably last a long time, seeing as you only need a tiny amount for good coverage. the packaging is fabulous, simple and elegant and i can't wait to try other products from this range!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2002 6:33:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I am in the minority here and cannot get this foundation to work for me. First I was given #4 for my skin which initially looked pretty good on but then after a couple of hours turned muddy looking on my skin. Exchanged it for the #2 which again looked pretty good on my skin. But again my face looked muddy as the day went on. Why? This foundation seems to settle in any fine lines I have and highlights dry areas on my face. I've tried different application techniques, different sunscreens underneath, mixing the LSF with the sheer highlighters--nothing helps to make this look better on my skin. WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2002 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Alison

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a very tough time finding foundations that are the right color as I'm very pale and need a very neutral color (not pink, not yellow). I am trying a sample of LSF#2 and am amazed by the color match. I have tried applying this with both fingers and a foundation brush, and either works (I prefer a brush). It is easy to layer this foundation, though I find I have to work quickly as it is thin and dries quickly. It leaves a beautiful and undetectable finish on my skin and doesn't change color at all. I'm impressed and will probably buy this when my sample runs out. It does have a slight "industrial" scent that might bother some, but the scent disappears almost immediately.

BTW, many have compared this to Vincent Longo Liquid Canvas...I have that but don't like it as much as the Armani...it just doesn't leave the same perfect finish as the LSF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2002 12:50:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty nice. After dumping my Laura Mercier product (I found it too thick and masklike - I like a more sheer, natural look), I found this. I wouldn't say it makes my face luminous, but it has a very natural finish and is sheer enough for my liking. The bottle, though, does irritate me - too much product glops out at once which means a lot of wastage!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice foundation, but not quite holy grail material. this is very similar to VL healthy skin foundation. Buildable medium coverage foundation--I didn't get the dewy look with this even though my skin was a bit on teh oily side and it was humid, but it covered well--a bit too much for me.