September 1, 2014 | 1315 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by m3dinah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this is my new HG! I called and ordered some samples from Saks NYC and was sent samples of #2, #3,#4, and #5. # 4 turned out to be the best match. I vary between a MAC NC30 (summer) and NC20 (winter). #4 was actually a bit light, so when I ordered, I got #4, and #5.5 (#5 was a bit too orangy). I mix the two depending on my current coloring (I try to keep a bit of a self-tan on).

Wear is terrific. I have combo/oily/acne prone skin that is starting to look its age (38). This imparts a nice luminescence that isn't dewy...more like matte with a bit of a glow. I'll put it on, sometimes over Smashbox primer, and it lasts all day without sinking into my pores. Rave!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by suzy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I have ever used and I've tried a ton! I have repurchased this three times since I've discovered it and I don't ever even think about trying a new foundation. I'm glad it doesn't have spf since I'm really sensitive so I hope they don't change the formula. I love it mostly for the nice yellow based color that matches my skin perfectly and the natural look that it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2002 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ChillPPP

I tried this in the shade #2. I normally have clear normal to dry skin but this product broke me out terribly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this foundation. I haven't broken out once in the week and a half I have been using it and, wonder of wonders, the #3 shade matches my skin color exactly. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on very nicely without the compromise of turning greasy on the face after 10 minutes. A terrific foundation overall, I might even call it my favourite. ***EDITED TO SAY*** I've been using this foundation for a month now and all I can add to my previous review is that if possible, I love the LSF even more. I used to apply foundation and spend nearly 10 minutes trying to get it to look natural. Now, I just put some on and go... completely secure that I look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 3:24:00 PM More reviews by D-Girl

This is one of my top three favorite foundations. I love the finish this offers and the coverage is just right. Its a very innovative formula that glides on like, well, silk and maintains a nice satiny finish without looking greasy or cakey. It evens up the skin tone and blends out evenly with no streaking. For color reference, I am a MAC C3, Stila D, RMK 103, and I wear the #6 in Armani.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 11:25:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I have had a strange journey with this foundation. I tried it in #1 several months ago and HATED it. Although I'm super PPP, this was too light, a weird color, and too shimmery. It looked mask-like. At a recent event, I got a makeover and tried again. Pat McGrath herself was there and she mixed shade #2 with Fluid Sheer #2 and applied it lightly with a foundation brush. Gorgeous! So sheer and natural looking, but it made my skin look flawless. I agree with Bastet. PPPs should try #2 if 1 doesn't work. This is a lovely foundation in almost every way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2002 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I have combination skin that's very sensitive, and lately I've been getting lots of flakies (winter time?).. although this foundation doesn't cause any irrations, it does accentuates the flakies which makes the finish look rather unnatural and chalky. BUT that is only the case when I wear it in daylight or anywhere with sunlight. When I have this on at night, my skin looks soooo luminous and polished! (i know, love it? hate it?) It also has a wonderful staying power--I put it on at 8am, and it's still intact at 9pm without any touchups! The coverage is adjustable, from sheer to medium. It won't cover any acne marks or blemishes though. The finish is shinny, not in an oily way but in a luminous way. I've debated whether I should keep it or swap it, and in the end I've decided to keep it for evening use. I wear #4 (Chanel 20 Clair, Becca Camel, Chantecaille Camomile).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2002 4:32:00 AM More reviews by decardes

OMGosh!!! i love this foundation, it's silky and a breeze to apply, it's soo sheer so you can control how much coverage you want. i'm LSF #5 and MAC NC30, i can't stop raving about this foundation it comes in a pump bottle *very hygenic* and it's weightless, feels like a second skin!
only one gripe, although the pump dispenser is super hygenic it kinda squeezes out alot.. oh well.. but this product it soo perfect i have combi skin and my face feels so matte. a definate MUST BUY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 9:20:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I just received a sample of this in a swap and I am LOVING this stuff. This foundation really makes my skin look even and makes it look like as if I'm not wearing any foundation! I usually use Becca's foundation stick or Chanel's Double Perfection Compact and this is way better than those two. I've also tried Becca's LSC but the Becca one didn't offer me any coverage and looked a bit greasy on my combo oily skin. The LSF just blended in. I will have to get the full size of this foundation for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:45:00 PM More reviews by icit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was way to slick for me. I wanted to love it after all the work it took for me to get the sample but I couldn't. It's too greasy (not silky) and don't stay on the skin. It covers nothing. I also found that if you touch your face it comes right off without any effort. It's more like a colored cream. I love the texture but it doesn't do the job of foundation.