Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 7/19/2003 2:43:00 PM

I love Burt's Bee's products, but this one isn't worth the trouble it takes to open the tin. I've broken too many nails opening it. I found that this was too greasy for my hands but I did end up liking it on my toes...I would slather the greasy mess on really thick and then put on a sock and let it sit all night and it did really soften. If you do buy this product, leave the tin open, wrap the top with plastic, and then store tightly in a zip-lock or plastic baggy. The reviewers below who describe the scent as being similar to Pledge hit the nail on the head. I don't mind the scent of Pledge..when I'm cleaning! But when I'm pampering myself, I prefer something more girly.

on 7/18/2003 4:20:00 PM

I love everything about this except sometimes I CAN NOT GET THE STUPID TIN OPEN!!!!! This really needs to be redesigned with a lip edge to grab onto. My boyfriend is sick of me asking him to try to open it. Otherwise it is fabulous! Great smell, moisturizes, isn't too greasy. It helped me stop biting my nails.

on 7/10/2003 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Not only does it smell yummy, (think lots of lemons!!) but it absorbs fast and is well worth the money. I have only two cuticle creams I ever need to purchase - this one and Orly's Cuticle Therapy Cream. My hands and nails have never looked better and I can't even remember the last time I had a hangnail or problem cuticles. I'm completely pleased!

on 6/29/2003 5:22:00 PM

This cuticle cream is a good value and it works great! The lemon scent isn't overpowering. Would definately purchase again!

on 6/24/2003 11:00:00 PM

This cuticle cream works great, had a nice fragrance and is affordable. While I like the product overall, I removed a lipstick due to packaging. I generally don't like cuticle creams that come in little pots and require me to stick my fingers in there to apply (thereby getting the cream stuck under my fingernails, and also making me worry about overall hygiene.) I'd much prefer some sort of tube or even stick.

on 6/23/2003 3:39:00 AM

I love this product! It really softens up my cuticles and keeps them from being dry, until I wash my hands, but even then it continues to moisturize! I have tried OPI's Avoplex oil and it doen't work half as well as Burt's Bees. PLus, the smell is heavenly!! I love the lemon smell, its really refreshing and light!

on 6/22/2003 11:05:00 AM

smells fabulous.
easy to carry in a purse, keep in a desk drawer, or just use in your at-home nail kit. (in fact, get one for each place!)
the price is good.
i agree that the tin is a bit difficult to open at times, but aside from that, this is a miracle product!

on 6/18/2003 11:49:00 PM

I fell in love with this product the moment I tested it. I love the scent, and as far as cuticle treatments go, this is one of the best I've tried. This comes in a little tin and has a rich buttery texture, that absorbs quickly and is very moisturizing. This is far more convenient than cuticle oils like Avoplex or Solar Oil; I can pop this in my purse and reapply it throughout the day (without worrying about greasy, shiny fingertips!). And on my poor, neglected little hands it makes such a difference, one that's noticeable right away. My nails are smoother and shinier, and my cuticles are left soft and healthy looking. No more hiding my hands in my pockets and lamenting the time that's passed since my last manicure, this is my manicure in a tin! It's cheap (about $6 CDN), it works, and it's a pleasure to use. I love it and will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 6/10/2003 5:47:00 PM

This product smells incredible, & I am not normally into Lemon...I don't really notice a difference in my nails & cuticles- but I haven't used it consistenly every night...Definitely worth trying- it will last a while because you need just a little @ a time, so the price is very reasonable...I would buy this again, mainly because I love the way it smells..

on 6/7/2003 7:58:00 PM

This product is awesome!!! Just massage a little into your cuticles and nails each night and you will be amazed. It has softened my cuticles (no more peeling) as well as strengthened and lengthened my nails. Daily use for a week will reverse any damage you have inflicted upon your nails. It goes on a bit greasy but soaks in quickly and within 5 minutes the "greasness" is gone. This is a must try, and a keeper YEAH!

Popular Treatments