August 1, 2014 | 940 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by TheWhiteRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very acne prone skin and I am on tons of drying prescriptions for it. My derm recomended the lotion version of this and it was good but not enough in the winter. I tried it out and with one layer it completely quenched my flaking parched face. I have never had any breakout problems with this and I get a zit if I think the word "oil." I definitley recomend this, but only as a night cream, it's way too shiny for the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Eric9510

GREAT!!!! Very nice moisturizer. As good as the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 11:04:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why oh why did I not find this gem earlier? I have dry, itchy skin (except on my face) and it is bad at night, trying to sleep while my skin itches like crazy. I kept wasting my money on lotions that weren't working, smelled strong, and didn't seem to actually take care of my itchy skin beyond the first half hour or so after lotion application. Sooner or later, the dry itchiness came back. I saw this on sale, and was intrigued by the packaging claiming "dry, sensitive skin treatment" and "free of lanolins, parabens and fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin..non-comedogenic". This sounded right up my alley. Sure enough, this thick cream came through! Yes, it is thick--it reminds me of L'Occitane Shea Butter almost, and initially, it feels kind of sticky/tacky on the skin. But it soaks in nicely, and what is neat is that a little goes a long way. This 16 oz jar will last a long time. I do not use it on my face (no need right now) but I have also used it on chapped lips (better than most lip balms) and also used it on dry cracked heels. Great for both. I bet too, that if someone wanted to make a fragranced cream, this would be an interesting base. The only oil this contains is sweet almond oil, and it is about midway down the ingredient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stickchicka

Fantastic product! It leaves my skin feeling very soft, smooth, and supple. I use it not only for my face, but for my entire body. Excellent for my arms, legs, and feet, which are super-dry! I'm throwing out all my other body lotions because I don't need them anymore. Oh yeah, when you use it on your face, be careful to avoid your eye area. I accidentally dabbed some of this cream over my eyelids and I woke up to puffy eyelids because of all the retained moisture and whatnot. Other than that, I really love this cream and I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cmeu289

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! I bought this for my son's dry skin, and just for grins tried it on my face. It has only been a week, but I am truly awe struck by this 'simple' moisturizer.
So far no breakouts and I am the queen of breakouts. If this continues, it will replace my very expensive Arbonne night creme as a HG moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by emmanenamee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

It stings. It sinks into my pores, clogs them, and makes my allready dry skin flake. It does work well for razorburn though...lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by thanks4nothin1390

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the last one, and yes it is greasy, tht's why i don't wear it in the day under my make up. but if i hav dry skin all I have to do is put it on at night and by the morning my skin is hydrated again, it's wonderful.And I don't really care if my skin is greasy at night. It totally fixes the dryness by the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2005 4:06:00 AM More reviews by amgowen

despite all the raves it gets, i find this product very greasy on my dry, sensitive skin, and that it clogs my pores far too much. i also didn't find it particularly moisturizing. definitely not something i would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 8:23:00 PM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My only complaint is that this moisturizer doesn't come in a formula with SPF.
I have dabbled with many moisturizers from high end to drug store, and I come back to this over and over. Unlike other moisturizers, which just simply moisturize, I'm convinced this stuff really improves the condition of my skin.
It does leave skin looking dewey, which is sometimes the look I go for, but I can understand how people may think this stuff leaves your face oily. I mainly use this at night, and use Olay Complete during the day (SPF, it's a must).
But yeah, my skin is really fickle, and this stuff keeps it blemish free. Definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 2:06:00 PM More reviews by krismck19

I wouldn't have thought to use this product on my face until the dermatologist recommened it after I received "airbag burns" from a car accident. It worked wonders and I haven't had a problem with breakouts. I use a small amount all over my face, followed by Philosophy's Ice Cream Man, followed by BE foundation. It really helped by 40 something year old skin.