October 2, 2014 | 1730 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product because my derm told me to. I have skin that can be dry and itchy, and extremely sensitive compounded by minor psoriasis. I have experienced no ill effects with this moisturizer, and it has a nice light feel and absorbs quickly. I have not experienced chronically dry skin since using this product. It does not stop my pores from being clogged by environmental conditions, however. It is not glamourous. It does not have any fragrance, but that's the point. I find it to be expensive for the amount in the tube. I prefer the tube as a quick, messless way of dispensing the product. For those interested, my derm was specific in telling me to use the cream, not the lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 10:29:00 AM More reviews by laineypsu

This moisturizer is the best. It doesn't have any lovely smells but it does moisturize wonderfully, and isn't that the point? Put your smelly stuff on top of this and you're good to go. Would be a definite repurchase for me, but I am looking for an alternative since they test on animals. A must for people on accutane, by the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by stinkbug

This cream is great. It is gentle, fragrance free, non-greasy, and very effective. I use it on my hands in the winter and it works just as well if not better than creams that cost three times as much. I am a huge fan of Cetaphil products because of their gentleness, quality, and price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2005 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got the one in the 16oz tub.... works great a bit grease tho....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by TheWhiteRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very acne prone skin and I am on tons of drying prescriptions for it. My derm recomended the lotion version of this and it was good but not enough in the winter. I tried it out and with one layer it completely quenched my flaking parched face. I have never had any breakout problems with this and I get a zit if I think the word "oil." I definitley recomend this, but only as a night cream, it's way too shiny for the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Eric9510

GREAT!!!! Very nice moisturizer. As good as the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 11:04:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why oh why did I not find this gem earlier? I have dry, itchy skin (except on my face) and it is bad at night, trying to sleep while my skin itches like crazy. I kept wasting my money on lotions that weren't working, smelled strong, and didn't seem to actually take care of my itchy skin beyond the first half hour or so after lotion application. Sooner or later, the dry itchiness came back. I saw this on sale, and was intrigued by the packaging claiming "dry, sensitive skin treatment" and "free of lanolins, parabens and fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin..non-comedogenic". This sounded right up my alley. Sure enough, this thick cream came through! Yes, it is thick--it reminds me of L'Occitane Shea Butter almost, and initially, it feels kind of sticky/tacky on the skin. But it soaks in nicely, and what is neat is that a little goes a long way. This 16 oz jar will last a long time. I do not use it on my face (no need right now) but I have also used it on chapped lips (better than most lip balms) and also used it on dry cracked heels. Great for both. I bet too, that if someone wanted to make a fragranced cream, this would be an interesting base. The only oil this contains is sweet almond oil, and it is about midway down the ingredient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stickchicka

Fantastic product! It leaves my skin feeling very soft, smooth, and supple. I use it not only for my face, but for my entire body. Excellent for my arms, legs, and feet, which are super-dry! I'm throwing out all my other body lotions because I don't need them anymore. Oh yeah, when you use it on your face, be careful to avoid your eye area. I accidentally dabbed some of this cream over my eyelids and I woke up to puffy eyelids because of all the retained moisture and whatnot. Other than that, I really love this cream and I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cmeu289

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! I bought this for my son's dry skin, and just for grins tried it on my face. It has only been a week, but I am truly awe struck by this 'simple' moisturizer.
So far no breakouts and I am the queen of breakouts. If this continues, it will replace my very expensive Arbonne night creme as a HG moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by emmanenamee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

It stings. It sinks into my pores, clogs them, and makes my allready dry skin flake. It does work well for razorburn though...lol