January 25, 2015 | 2076 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for approximately three months, and I am very impressed with it. I must note that my skin is not really "mine" at the moment, as I'm on Accutane, and it's uncharacteristically dry now. However, I was using the regular Cetaphil lotion when I began to dry out from the medication and found that particular product to feel too greasy for my taste. Someone recommended the cream to me, and at first I didn't believe that it could be a better moisturizer, but it was! Immediately, I could tell that the cream seemed to be absorbed better into my skin than the lotion. Plus, this hasn't contributed to any breakouts (although that could be the Accutane doing its job), and my face never feels too oily. If my skin stays normal after I get off the medicine, and my previous levels of oiliness do not return, this lotion will definitely remain in my skincare regimen. I love it and use it twice daily (morning and night). Also, as others have mentioned, this is a great body lotion and exceptional for the eye area. I happened to buy it in the large tub, and it's a very economical size--one that will probably last me for at least a year, if not longer. The only thing that this lotion is missing is an SPF, which would be lovely right now as my skin is extremely sun sensitive due to the Accutane. As long as this cream continues to treat my face right, I'll keep buying it. EDIT: I have been using this awesome cream moisturizer for three years now, and it is still my absolute favorite. After discontinuing my Accutane treatment, I wasn't sure how my face would hold up. So far, even though it's not near as dry as it was during my course of treatment, it still loves the Cetaphil. In fact, if I don't moisturize with this, I wind up being flaky and dry through the day. Wonderful stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2006 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Symph

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I emailed cetaphil for some product samples, and they swifty sent some moisturizing lotion and cream to me.

I have to say, this stuff is awful on the skin. It is so thick and gluggy it's like glue. I found the smell revolting and I nearly gagged when I first applied it onto my face.

Results wise, the cream does an OK job, but so does sorberlene. I would not recommend this cream to be used on the face, but instead - on the body, like your legs or arms.

Get the lotion - it's not as thick as the cream glue.

ETA: I have extremely dry skin as well and surprisingly, a big fan of Cetaphil Cleanser - so I was really disappointed with how the moisturizers fared.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin. My lids are red in winter and really not good.
I used this cream before and I thought that it was too greasy for nothing.
But I use it now around my eyes before I go to sleep and in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

totally overdone. don't like this stuff. i have sensitive skin which is moisturizer-free funcitoning in some areas yet completely dry and moisturizer-dependent in others. at first this seemed ok, but straight from the gecco i didnt like the texture. it doesn't seem to really moisturize my skin or provide a healthy glow. if i want to achieve any time of 'glow' frmo this product, i have to use more, so that it and all it's greasiness sit on top of my skin. i dont know.. seems too thick, but not in the moisturizing-thick way... Really unimpressed. On the bright side? It was a good in-between moisturizer while I was recovering from past damage from over-the-top moisturizers....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2005 6:56:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I use this in conjuction with the Cetaphil cleanser. At first i was very reluctant as it felt very heavy and i was afraid that it would make my skin break out and become more oilier. But as im on Retin-a my skin tends to become dry and flaky at times. Also some dry patches may appear below my lips. This cream is great so far. I use it after applying Eryacne in the morning. It helps to get rid of teh flakiness which i experience in the mornings and make foundation easier and smoother to apply on. So far it does not make my skin super oily and i ahve not broken out but this maybe due to the medication that i am on. Again like Cetaphil cleanser i personally feel that if you have trouble skin then using this range alone may not help at all. Instead it would work well if you complemented it with any skin/acne medications.

I would buy this product again because it is very versatile. Sometimes i just slather it on my hands or legs and it works wonders there too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Angela75

Excellent product. Actually, I use the lotion, not the cream..oops...Bought it when I found out Ashley Judd slathered it all over, and look at HER skin! At first, it gave me pimples, but now, it's always in my bathroom. Very simple, effective moisturizer. I've got a slightly oily T zone and dry everywhere else. This stuff seems to target the dry spots perfectly. My skin feels very comfy and stretchy when I use it-just what I was looking for. I'm prone to acne, rosecea and intolerance to most creams, but this stuff is wonderful. I highly recommend it to other 'sensitive sisters'!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lizzielou742

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in heaven. I have KP and super-dry, sensitive skin and this cream works wonders for me. It doesn't smell, it doesn't break me out, and I don't need to reapply it after a few hours. I use it all over my body after a shower or bath, and the softness lasts for hours. It gives my arms and legs a nice glow after it absorbs. My only complaint: I wish it was a little cheaper. Regardless of the cost, this is HG for me and I will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lippylou_kisses

If you are prone to breakouts, but have some flaky areas, this is the cream for you! My skin is combo/sensitive/flaky and prone to breakouts. This is the only heavy cream that does not make me breakout. I use it mostly around my eyebrow area (which always seems to get dry in the winter time) and anywhere else that need a little more moisture. (In all the other areas I use ProActiv Oil-Free Moisturizer- see review). I will buy this again if the huge tube I own ever runs out. Beware, a little bit goes a long way. I applied too much the first time I tried it, and my face was super shiny all day. I think some people that don't like this cream may have been using too large of an amount possibly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by girliewirlie

I like this product, it's my nightime moisturizer. It's not greasy or thick, it's creamy and medium thickness. It leaved my skin soft and supple. You really get a bang for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by abfrey974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great find thanks to MUA! I have extremely dry flaky skin on my cheeks and forehead as soon as we mwke the switch from AC to heat. This thick but not too heavy cream, applied post shower then agin before bed leaves my skin soft and supple-a true relief from the tightness I usually feel this time of year. The moisture lasts all day. With other products, I'd get flakies by afternoon. No harsh fragrance. Doesn't make me break out. $11 at Target for a GIANT jar that will last well past winter.I'm hooked.