November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like the Clarisonic brush. I have normal to good skin, my only complaint being occasional dullness and dark circles under eyes, which the Clarisonic cannot fix. I think it's a waste of money if your skin is good. The best reviews this product gets are from people with problem skin - and that's great for them. However, it's no miracle worker on good skin, which is what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a real glow, and it didn't deliver that. I also have to wonder - the instructions don't say to remove your makeup before using the brush. Are you supposed to? It seems to me that if you don't remove your makeup, you're just pushing makeup, along with cleanser and water, deeper into your pores. I say if you're fairly happy with your skin, save your money, time and resources - a washcloth or scrub will get you at least as much glow and cost a lot less.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

Ok, so I have been using my Mia for almost one month now. At first, I couldn't see much of a difference except for the feel of my skin (soft). However, now I have now integrated a moisturizer and serum after I use my Mia, and wow! If anything, I'm glad I bought the Mia in order to make my products work better than they were. I figure, without it, I am just wasting my money on products that are only providing 50% of the results that they are capable of. So, if you are unsure about purchasing, try the Mia (Sephora $129.00 with MUA20 code) and make sure you use your products after using it. What a difference! Love it! :) P.S. I had minimal purging.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ponygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got my Mia last week - and already love it. I've thought about getting a Clarisonic for like a year now. But the price for the larger unit always put me off. Then I used my F&F discount to get the Mia and am so glad I did. The smaller size suits me, and I actually like the feel of the brush on my skin. I have sensitve, fair, and starting to age skin - and I can already see a difference. I figured it would take a while - but nope..1 week later and I can tell. It also seems like the serums and moisturizers I pay good money for are absorbing better.
Mia was well worth what I paid for it - and I'd buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE 1/18/2010 Still love it! I should be a spokesperson for them. I have talked my friends, random people on the street, saleswomen, my sisters, just about EVERYONE, to get a Clarisonic. And it's not just from word of mouth -- My face is proof! People, seriously, this is 150 dollars that is so worth. I don't regret it ONE BIT. And I'm as frugal as they come. TRUST ME.**
Okay so this is my very first review. I have been a long time member of MUA soley to stalk on the reviews of my favorite products before purchasing them. I JUST purchased the Clarisonic LAST NIGHT at Sephora. I had a 20% for being a V.I.B. member and decided to purchase my Clarisonic Mia now, while I had the option for a discount. I used it last night before bed and this morning before work. Can I just tell you, AWESOME. This is just after 2 uses. OMGoodness, I see what all this hype is about. I certainly did not feel $149 was reasonable for this device but I can say that I understand the pricing -- the Clarisonic Mia is just that good. I know, I know,...I've only used it TWICE, so how would I KNOW? For me, I am always prepared for a product or anything to start showing improvements about about 2-3 weeks. I try to stick anything out at least for that long (unless I have a horrible reaction) to see what it can do for my skin. Now I've only use the Mia twice and I can HONESTLY say that my face already looks more even, and my pores around my nose (which are the last of my visible pores) have decreased SO much in size. OVERNIGHT. I can't wait to wash my face again this evening, lol (so serious). I am totally justified with this price now and would not take it back. It's only been two days, I'm excited to see what 2 months will do. I'll be sure to update!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by yukichan3488

I've had the Pretika brush (Clarisonic Dupe) for about six months before purchasing the Mia. For those who are wondering, YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. To me the Clairsonic and Pretika differ on the following points:

- Vibrating ability
- Brush head quality
- Quality of craftsmanship
- Absorption of skin care products
- Beeping of the brush

I've used the Mia for about three months and I noticed that the it has better cleaning ability than the Pretika. In terms of how the brush vibrates, I feel that the vibrations of the Mia are much stronger than that of the Pretika. I noticed the difference when I placed the Mia on my eye lid while washing my face. I've noticed that the Mia has gotten rid of the blackheads better than the Pretika. I also think the the Mia has helped keep my acne at bay better than the Pretika since it cleans and exfoliates my skin better.

Secondly I found the Pretika brushes to be too abrasive for my skin. During my normal cleansing routine with the Pretika, I wouldn't press the brush head in my skin. Instead I'd warm it with water and lightly move it on the surface of my face. Although I proceeded with this method, I still noticed that the Pretika would scratch the surface of my face (especially when I used a little too much retinoid the night before). The Mia on the other hand did not hurt my face in using the method described above. My skin felt clean and not stripped after I used the Mia. However with the Pretika it felt somewhat stripped.

In addition, I noticed that the craftsmanship of the Mia was of far better quality than the Pretika. For the six months I used the Pretika, I charged it every night. However on one night when I took it off the cradle and placed it in the shower, I accidentally dropped it in the tub. After that it wouldn't charge well. Another thing I noticed is that although the Pretika is water resistant, the bottom of the brush has a charging area with two small metal prongs that gets a bit rusty if you do no wipe it thoroughly after use. The Mia does not have this problem as its charger is magnetic and the brush itself is fully insulated.

Absorption of skin care products was also another major difference. I felt that with the use of the Mia, my skin care products absorbed better than the Pretika. This may be due to the better vibrating ability of the Mia (stated earlier).

Finally the beeping of the brushes differ. The Pretika beeps while the Mia does not. For me personally, I haven't found it to be a huge disadvantage but for some this may be the case.

Overall, I think the Pretika is a great place to start if you are dying for a brush but don't have enough money for a Clarisonic (which my case until I saved up enough for a Mia). However if you do have some change in your pocket, the Mia is a great way to transition into the world of Clarisonic.

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for 2 months now and can say that although this alone has not improved my acne, it has helped in other areas.

It allows products to absorb better into my skin especially my acne formulated moisturizers/gels. So with a combination of my skincare routine, my acne has gone done a bit because of the Clarisonic.

It originally came with the sensitive brush head but I found it was a tad too harsh for me so I bought the delicate brush head.

I got it at eskincarestore.com (for all Canadian users) for $134. The site usually has 15% off deals or free shipping so it's much cheaper than purchasing it at Sephora.

To see my review comparing the Clarisonic Mia to an electric toothbrush, check out this video:

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

Crazy awesome. I have always had dull, congested skin even though i use all of the 'right' products. I have owned my mia for a couple of weeks now and i would buy it again and again. the results are amazing. my skin looks luminous for the first time in my life. i have VERY few blackheads left, and my pores look smaller than ever. if you are on the fence, my vote is to jump in~ the water is NICE!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute rave from me. The level of cleansing that I am able to achieve with the Clarisonic is far superior to anything I can do myself with manual cleansing. I have used a 'facial brush' and wash cloths in the past, this does not compare in the least to the Clarisonic. My skin feels clean and smooth after use. I find that my toner can really work better, my moisturizer can be more effective...my only complaint is why it took me so long to buy it. I look forward to cleansing my face and using my skin care now because I feel like it can actually work and do what its supposed to do because the Clarisonic cleansers, removes makeup, gets rid of dead, dry patches of skin and softens my skin. I know the price may be steep at first but when you think about how much you spend on cleansing, toning, moisturizing and treatments...its worth every penny when you can visually see how much better these products work.

Update- I have been using the Mia for 6 weeks now and the difference in my skin is *huge*. I no longer have dry patches on my upper cheeks. These disappeared within the first few days of use and have stayed gone. My biggest and most noticable difference is how foundation looks. I use it all - liquid foundation, powder foundation, mineral, tinted moisturizer- and it all goes on smooth, looks natural (I never had this before- you could always see the foundation or powder) and blends so much better. My skin is clearer. The blackheads that I had on my nose are gone. I could not get rid of these prior, they *always* came back. I have issues with annoying hairs under my chin....I have not had ingrown hairs since using this. Hormonal breakouts are far fewer.

In short- every aspect of my skin has changed for the better. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (really, the best cleanser I have ever tried, I have used it for years). I still highly recommend the Mia.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ne14sumfun

Oh my goodness. I bought this during the Sephora sale, and I wanted to not like it so I could send it back. I've only used it for 3 days and have already seen results. I have black clogged pores on my nose (you know, the ones that are always there even after a good scrub and hot shower) and they are almost cleared up!!

For this reason alone I would keep it, but it also got rid of those dry little patches (I have combo skin) and seems to be improving the texture overall.

I think it's the gentle vibrations that really loosen all that gunk deep in your pores. There are 1-2 tiny tiny pimples that seem to pop up after I use it, but I really think it's my skin purging.

I generally use this at night so that my serums and creams can sink in better.

Big fan, I am considering getting this for my mother for Christmas. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Ok.
I had purchased the original version a year ago... thought it was heavy and unwieldy and the normal brush head was too abrasive.
This fall - I picked up the Mia that came with the sensitive brush head.
This smaller version is much lighter/easier to hold and maneuver.
The sensitive brush head is better for my skin.
I do miss the timer/beeps that the original had - but I can count - so it's not a big deal.
My skin is sensitive, acne prone, oily t-zone, dry cheeks.
My skin feels smoother/cleaner. My pores look more refined.
I have noticed a difference in my hormonal acne - I still get it but the acne doesn't seem to last as long or get as big.
I've been using it morning and night.
The price of the Mia is easier to take - especially with a friends and family discount.
I wouldn't expect miracles - but I like the results i'm seeing. if I had the money - i would buy one for my mom and sister for christmas. :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No