October 24, 2014 | 1537 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute rave from me. The level of cleansing that I am able to achieve with the Clarisonic is far superior to anything I can do myself with manual cleansing. I have used a 'facial brush' and wash cloths in the past, this does not compare in the least to the Clarisonic. My skin feels clean and smooth after use. I find that my toner can really work better, my moisturizer can be more effective...my only complaint is why it took me so long to buy it. I look forward to cleansing my face and using my skin care now because I feel like it can actually work and do what its supposed to do because the Clarisonic cleansers, removes makeup, gets rid of dead, dry patches of skin and softens my skin. I know the price may be steep at first but when you think about how much you spend on cleansing, toning, moisturizing and treatments...its worth every penny when you can visually see how much better these products work.

Update- I have been using the Mia for 6 weeks now and the difference in my skin is *huge*. I no longer have dry patches on my upper cheeks. These disappeared within the first few days of use and have stayed gone. My biggest and most noticable difference is how foundation looks. I use it all - liquid foundation, powder foundation, mineral, tinted moisturizer- and it all goes on smooth, looks natural (I never had this before- you could always see the foundation or powder) and blends so much better. My skin is clearer. The blackheads that I had on my nose are gone. I could not get rid of these prior, they *always* came back. I have issues with annoying hairs under my chin....I have not had ingrown hairs since using this. Hormonal breakouts are far fewer.

In short- every aspect of my skin has changed for the better. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (really, the best cleanser I have ever tried, I have used it for years). I still highly recommend the Mia.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ne14sumfun

Oh my goodness. I bought this during the Sephora sale, and I wanted to not like it so I could send it back. I've only used it for 3 days and have already seen results. I have black clogged pores on my nose (you know, the ones that are always there even after a good scrub and hot shower) and they are almost cleared up!!

For this reason alone I would keep it, but it also got rid of those dry little patches (I have combo skin) and seems to be improving the texture overall.

I think it's the gentle vibrations that really loosen all that gunk deep in your pores. There are 1-2 tiny tiny pimples that seem to pop up after I use it, but I really think it's my skin purging.

I generally use this at night so that my serums and creams can sink in better.

Big fan, I am considering getting this for my mother for Christmas. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Ok.
I had purchased the original version a year ago... thought it was heavy and unwieldy and the normal brush head was too abrasive.
This fall - I picked up the Mia that came with the sensitive brush head.
This smaller version is much lighter/easier to hold and maneuver.
The sensitive brush head is better for my skin.
I do miss the timer/beeps that the original had - but I can count - so it's not a big deal.
My skin is sensitive, acne prone, oily t-zone, dry cheeks.
My skin feels smoother/cleaner. My pores look more refined.
I have noticed a difference in my hormonal acne - I still get it but the acne doesn't seem to last as long or get as big.
I've been using it morning and night.
The price of the Mia is easier to take - especially with a friends and family discount.
I wouldn't expect miracles - but I like the results i'm seeing. if I had the money - i would buy one for my mom and sister for christmas. :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Alright, so I bought this online and wanted to love it when it got home. Unfortunately, I was got into an accident the very same day it arrived and couldnt use it for over 2 weeks because I had received abrasion from the deployed air bag.
Back to the review. Right when my face healed, I started it using it around the abrasion because they were a little sensitive. (I was using the sensitive brush). I started horribly breaking out then. I mean CYSTIC ACNE all over my friggin face. I thought okay, my face hasn't been washed with a good cleanser because of the abrasions for a while so maybe it's acting up now.
Nope. I stopped the clarisonic and it started healing. What sucked is that, 1. I never get cystic acne, and if I do i get ONE every month or so. and 2. my face usually heals really fast and it wasn't healing fast at all with this kind of cystic acne.
Now, you need to know that my face isn't sensitive at all. I can use abrasive exfoliators and not much happens, AND I can take naps with my mmu makeup and nothing happens. So in other words my face isn't sensitive.
So, why would my face be sensitive to this?
Alright, so I decided to give the clarisonic another shot. I did, and bam! cystic acne came back. So, I spoke the the Clarisonic representatives and they were nice enough to send a free delicated brush instead. I however, was too scared to try that delicate brush because my face had healed up nicely and I KNEW it wouldn't work even with the delicate brush head.
Now, I'm waiting to return it.
One good thing about this gadget is that it does make your face smooth. You can feel the smoothness. However, it gave me bad cystic acne. So, it's a no-go for me.
Apart from that, I seriously do not think that this takes off 6xs more dirt and grime. You know why? Bc when i used this i had MORE crap on my cottonball with toner then when I usually just wash and exfoliate my face. And I don't think that it's loosening up the dirt on my face and therefore I see more on the cottonball. Why? because my face was worse when I used the clarisonic then when i didn't.
I felt like not leaving my house because the acne was soo bad.
I don't think this was purging out at all, because I know my face and how it reacts to stuff.
In all clarisonic + my face = cystic acne
my face + my normal cleansing routine= good and normal face with few breakouts that actually heal faster than when with clarisonic.
Another thing, i didn't notice much of a difference between the delicate and the sensitive brush head, therefore I didn't try it out.
One good thing about clarisonic, is their customer service. They will try and help you as much as they can.
As for this product beware.
I, with skin that isn't sensitive at all to experiments and abrasive exfoliators did horribly with this product.
I wonder what will happen with people that have senstive skin.
All I have to say is BEWARE. There are a load of people that this was perfect with HOWEVER be careful because you may not get the same outcome.

10 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

awesome little brush. I finally found it in-store at sephora so I bought it. a couple years ago before the oprah-induced craze for the clarisonic I had the full-sized one, but I thought it was too clunky, and the power charger base for it wasnt awesome to travel with, and so I stopped using it and sold mine on ebay. now that they have the little mia, thought how perfect, and I missed how it exfoliated without being harsh. The mia is great, I like the one button, I like the lack of beeps, I like how tiny the charger is. my only gripe is that I wish the magnet was a little stronger on it (i.e., I wish the magnet could support the weight of the mia so if it dangled, it wouldnt fall off). my skin has cleared up since starting it too. I think its keeping my pores unclogged (my biggest skin concern). I dont like the cleanser that comes with it though - I need a foaming cleanser.... Anyway, SO glad they came up with the Mia. I travel a ton for work so this is so easy to pack.
******** update 10/29/09 ********* still love this, but its a little too much for my skin 2x a day. a bit too much exfoliation. dont regret the purchase though!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

I am so glad I got the Mia. For a long time, I held out on getting the original Clarisonic due to its size and price. I use it only at night daily, and even though it's only been around a month, I can see it transform my skin. The areas around my nose are starting to look cleaner. I also notice a huge improvement on my forehead as well. Even though I was using Retin-A (and saw a great improvement from before), it seems like all the gunk was just trapped in the skin's surface. With the help of the Mia, the gunk's finally disappearing from the pores (making them look smaller).

I do want to add that the sensitive brush head was way too rough. It was causing my face to get irritated and break out, which is why maybe a lot of people experience purging. After switching to the delicate, I can actually use it without breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by petit_ami

I waited a while to get a Clarisonic brush because the original system was not compatible with the voltage in the city that I live in. I was hesitant about splurging on the universal charger. So when the reviews for the Mia came out, I had to get it because it was cheaper and I can use it all over the world.

I must say that the Mia has turned out to be a very good buy. I was very patient with seeing results as I have an allergy outbreak (due to other reasons). After 3 weeks of lackluster skin and dry spots and random pimples, I am starting to see the results. I use it twice a day, first with the free cleanser and now with my usual foaming cleanser. It has definitely altered the texture of my skin. It is incredibly smooth and my serum just sinks right into my skin. I have not started to see my pores shrink hopefully that will come in a few weeks.

Get it but be patient and you'll see why it's so highly rated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i <3 Mia. Its honestly changed my skin for the better. I did purge for about 3 weeks and was getting discouraged but kept up knowing better cleansing HAD to be good for my acne prone skin. well its week 3 now and my skin is so clear. no more pimples! i use it morning & night, doesnt irritate my skin at all. I didn't like the cleanser but preferred using my Burts Acne solutions or purpose cleanser. <3 it. its expensive but SOOO worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahjewellsharp

I rarely write reviews, so when I do it means I LOVE IT or I HATE IT. I love this little machine. I waited for so long wanting one and when it was on QVC as the TSV I bought it. I wish I would have bought one years ago when I first saw it. I was so worried it wouldn't live up to all the hype but I was wrong. After cleansing, I can actually feel that my skin is cleaner. When I apply any moustuizer or treatment it just soaks right in. I feel like my expensive Kate Somerville products are working twice as well as before because of my clarisonic. I use it once a day at night. I put the cleanser on the brush and after cleansing my face I wash off my makeup with my hands using the cleanser that is left on my face. This has to be one of the best purchases I've made all year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sunbunny2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this. My face always felt clean, but now it feels super clean. I noticed a difference right away. I had crystal clear skin before my son was born. Now I have some acne that develops around my chin area. The Mia really helps to clean off the first layer of skin so that my topical ointments really seep into my skin. I do not use the brush that it came with (two come with it). I bought the brush head for sensitive skin ($25 each on sephora.com) and I think it is amazing! I do not use the cleanser it came with (afraid it will break my skin out) but I do use my AcneFree Sensitive Skin system with it. Seems to be working really well!

Would I buy this again? Oh hells to the yes! I love it... like going to the spa, only I can do it whenever I want! Enjoy dolls!!