October 1, 2014 | 1787 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

awesome little brush. I finally found it in-store at sephora so I bought it. a couple years ago before the oprah-induced craze for the clarisonic I had the full-sized one, but I thought it was too clunky, and the power charger base for it wasnt awesome to travel with, and so I stopped using it and sold mine on ebay. now that they have the little mia, thought how perfect, and I missed how it exfoliated without being harsh. The mia is great, I like the one button, I like the lack of beeps, I like how tiny the charger is. my only gripe is that I wish the magnet was a little stronger on it (i.e., I wish the magnet could support the weight of the mia so if it dangled, it wouldnt fall off). my skin has cleared up since starting it too. I think its keeping my pores unclogged (my biggest skin concern). I dont like the cleanser that comes with it though - I need a foaming cleanser.... Anyway, SO glad they came up with the Mia. I travel a ton for work so this is so easy to pack.
******** update 10/29/09 ********* still love this, but its a little too much for my skin 2x a day. a bit too much exfoliation. dont regret the purchase though!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

I am so glad I got the Mia. For a long time, I held out on getting the original Clarisonic due to its size and price. I use it only at night daily, and even though it's only been around a month, I can see it transform my skin. The areas around my nose are starting to look cleaner. I also notice a huge improvement on my forehead as well. Even though I was using Retin-A (and saw a great improvement from before), it seems like all the gunk was just trapped in the skin's surface. With the help of the Mia, the gunk's finally disappearing from the pores (making them look smaller).

I do want to add that the sensitive brush head was way too rough. It was causing my face to get irritated and break out, which is why maybe a lot of people experience purging. After switching to the delicate, I can actually use it without breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by petit_ami

I waited a while to get a Clarisonic brush because the original system was not compatible with the voltage in the city that I live in. I was hesitant about splurging on the universal charger. So when the reviews for the Mia came out, I had to get it because it was cheaper and I can use it all over the world.

I must say that the Mia has turned out to be a very good buy. I was very patient with seeing results as I have an allergy outbreak (due to other reasons). After 3 weeks of lackluster skin and dry spots and random pimples, I am starting to see the results. I use it twice a day, first with the free cleanser and now with my usual foaming cleanser. It has definitely altered the texture of my skin. It is incredibly smooth and my serum just sinks right into my skin. I have not started to see my pores shrink hopefully that will come in a few weeks.

Get it but be patient and you'll see why it's so highly rated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i <3 Mia. Its honestly changed my skin for the better. I did purge for about 3 weeks and was getting discouraged but kept up knowing better cleansing HAD to be good for my acne prone skin. well its week 3 now and my skin is so clear. no more pimples! i use it morning & night, doesnt irritate my skin at all. I didn't like the cleanser but preferred using my Burts Acne solutions or purpose cleanser. <3 it. its expensive but SOOO worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahjewellsharp

I rarely write reviews, so when I do it means I LOVE IT or I HATE IT. I love this little machine. I waited for so long wanting one and when it was on QVC as the TSV I bought it. I wish I would have bought one years ago when I first saw it. I was so worried it wouldn't live up to all the hype but I was wrong. After cleansing, I can actually feel that my skin is cleaner. When I apply any moustuizer or treatment it just soaks right in. I feel like my expensive Kate Somerville products are working twice as well as before because of my clarisonic. I use it once a day at night. I put the cleanser on the brush and after cleansing my face I wash off my makeup with my hands using the cleanser that is left on my face. This has to be one of the best purchases I've made all year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sunbunny2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this. My face always felt clean, but now it feels super clean. I noticed a difference right away. I had crystal clear skin before my son was born. Now I have some acne that develops around my chin area. The Mia really helps to clean off the first layer of skin so that my topical ointments really seep into my skin. I do not use the brush that it came with (two come with it). I bought the brush head for sensitive skin ($25 each on sephora.com) and I think it is amazing! I do not use the cleanser it came with (afraid it will break my skin out) but I do use my AcneFree Sensitive Skin system with it. Seems to be working really well!

Would I buy this again? Oh hells to the yes! I love it... like going to the spa, only I can do it whenever I want! Enjoy dolls!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I've been using my pink Mia for a little over a week now. AND I LOVE IT! Previously, I had been using the Shiseido Skincare brush or the Cargo Polishing Cloths. With either of those two products, I felt like my skin was getting clean and I liked both products well enough. BUT... enter Clarisonic. I felt like using a manual brush versus the sonic brush is like the difference between washing your clothes in the sink by merely dunking them in sudsy water a few times and putting them through a front-loader washing machine. Sure, dunking your clothing in sudsy water might get them clean (enough), but having them go a cycle in a good-quality washing machine makes all the difference! That is how I feel about the Clarisonic. Sure, washing your face with cleanser gets your face clean, but using the Clarisonic *makes* your face very clean. And it is NOT harsh or abrasive.

My skin is experiencing a bit of purging right now, but I really don't know if that is due to the Clarisonic (other reviewers have mentioned purging) or due to the fact that I have PCOS and get acne anyway. Regardless, the zits I am getting are going down far more quickly than ever before. I haven't yet noticed a difference in pore size or blackheads, but I think you need to use it for quite a few months for that to change. But the rest of my skin -- oh my! It is glowing, it looks clear, it feels soft. I am one happy customer!

As for charging it. (The directions say you need to charge it for 18 hours for every 20 minutes of use.) Well, I just charge it overnight every few days. I've never had the battery die on me. I use twice a day, every day. Sometimes I run the cycle twice (just press the button again after it finishes the 1 minute), but not every time.

Logistics:
- It can run for 20 minutes on a full charge.
- The pLink charger is universal, and with the correct adapter plug, you can use it anywhere in the world. All you need is an adapter to change the pins in the plug. It does not need a converter.
- The charger attaches magnetically to the Mia. It attaches very securely.
- It is marginally smaller than the regular Clarisonic, but it is not dinky in any way. (This can be good and bad. My hand gets kind of tired if I run it for 2 minutes. I can't imagine how tired my hand would get with the full-size Clarisonic!)
- It doesn't beep at you to tell you when to switch from cheek to nose to forehead. Again, this could be good or bad.

I have been using the sensitive brush head on my face. I've actually used the regular brush head on my body in the shower.

What else? This is the BEST beauty investment I have ever made. It makes my skin feel so soft and clean and glowy. continued >>

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by rosheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This little mia is just lovely. It is travel sized, comes with one speed, a holster-less charger, and does NOT beep when you use it to alert you like the original-sized one to switch places on your face. I've used the original in the past and I definitely don't regret getting the mia, despite the differences. I got the white one from a discount beauty website and paid about $80 less than I would have for an original, but I absolutely am so glad I got the mia and saved some money at the same time.
I have been using it almost everyday for a month, giving my skin a day off every couple of days during the week. I also bought a brush head for delicate skin which is very soft and gentle and is the one I use most of the time. The brush came with the sensitive brush head, and I use that when I need deeper cleaning/exfoliating. And truly, my skin is sooo soft now. And it just glows! I've gotten so many comments on the improvement in my skin, it's almost flawless now. Before I felt like my skin was nice, but I did have some breakouts, blackheads and some bumps on my chin and it was a little dull. Now I don't even want to put makeup over it, but when I do, it looks flawless and the mia gets my makeup off completely at the end of the night everytime. I feel like this is what I was missing in my skin care routine because although I used very good and natural products, my skin still needed something. The mia really gets my cleaning products deep into my pores which allows me to get my products to reach more of my skin. I loooooove her!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by lavenderspice

I received the Mia three days ago and have been using it morning and night for the past two days. I'm inclined to like the purchase although at this time I'm not totally sure.

I've never used the regular Clarisonic and was attempting to dupe it using the Neutrogena rejuvenator w/o the sponge included and with a washcloth wrapped around it with lots of Cetaphil and my acne cleanser.

The results between my dupe and the Mia are not dissimilar, although my dupe was too abrasive for my skin and tore it up a little bit on my chin. (The washcloths were cheap and I'm using AcZone and Differin.) The Mia, using the sensitive skin head, is gentle, easy to use and doesn't make nearly the mess. It leaves my skin very, very smooth and does a nice job cleansing.

For me the $150 is worth it to avoid washcloths ( with or w/o the dupe Mia) because they do, if they aren't really old, tear up my face because I scrub too hard to get the makeup off.

It's a nice product. I have oily, acne-prone skin and anything that encourages me to cleanse well, in a gentle manner, is a huge plus for me. But I'm not 100% overjoyed like some other people are with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by HelenaZee314

The Clarisonic Mia is marketed as a travel-sized Clarisonic facial brush with the same benefits as the Clarisonic Classic model.

Currently, it seems to only be available for purchase on Clarisonic's own website, and not at national retail stores which means you'll be able to take advantage of certain freebies such as the free personalized engraving, and the free carry-case.

It works well, the pLink charger doesn't take up quite as much space as the charger-stand of the Classic model.

I believe that a Clarisonic is a beauty staple. It's quite expensive, but one of the few machines that's worth the price.

Instead of using this for travel, I think it's better used as a great introduction to this product line. It's not as much of a financial outlay as the Plus or even the Classic, and it works with the same brush heads as all the other models. It's pared down, there's no timer function and only one speed.

It works very well, as do all Clarisonic products. It's a great tool for exfoliation and the results closely mimic professional facials. It takes time to see full results: six to 8 weeks, basically, but the benefits of the excellent exfoliation start pretty much immediately; your facial products will work better and you'll need less of them because they're absorbed so readily. Your face will feel clean, but not stripped or irritated.

The one caveat with this appliance is to be very carful using this if you're on retinoids or Accutane, and only use the type of exfoliant that contains smooth, round exfoliating beads, not salt crystals or crushed shells (skip the St. Ives Apricot Scrub with this brush).

The included Clarisonic cleanser doesn't do much for me, I prefer to use my own, but it's worth a try. It isn't irritating or drying.

I do wish they'd find a way to minimize waste when it comes to the packaging. The box/plastic combo seems wasteful, so I gave it a 3 for packaging.

I have consistently liked the results from Clarisonic's products, and I'm pleased to see that Mia upholds the line's standard of excellence.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No