November 24, 2014 | 1991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

Ok, so I have been using my Mia for almost one month now. At first, I couldn't see much of a difference except for the feel of my skin (soft). However, now I have now integrated a moisturizer and serum after I use my Mia, and wow! If anything, I'm glad I bought the Mia in order to make my products work better than they were. I figure, without it, I am just wasting my money on products that are only providing 50% of the results that they are capable of. So, if you are unsure about purchasing, try the Mia (Sephora $129.00 with MUA20 code) and make sure you use your products after using it. What a difference! Love it! :) P.S. I had minimal purging.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ponygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got my Mia last week - and already love it. I've thought about getting a Clarisonic for like a year now. But the price for the larger unit always put me off. Then I used my F&F discount to get the Mia and am so glad I did. The smaller size suits me, and I actually like the feel of the brush on my skin. I have sensitve, fair, and starting to age skin - and I can already see a difference. I figured it would take a while - but nope..1 week later and I can tell. It also seems like the serums and moisturizers I pay good money for are absorbing better.
Mia was well worth what I paid for it - and I'd buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE 1/18/2010 Still love it! I should be a spokesperson for them. I have talked my friends, random people on the street, saleswomen, my sisters, just about EVERYONE, to get a Clarisonic. And it's not just from word of mouth -- My face is proof! People, seriously, this is 150 dollars that is so worth. I don't regret it ONE BIT. And I'm as frugal as they come. TRUST ME.**
Okay so this is my very first review. I have been a long time member of MUA soley to stalk on the reviews of my favorite products before purchasing them. I JUST purchased the Clarisonic LAST NIGHT at Sephora. I had a 20% for being a V.I.B. member and decided to purchase my Clarisonic Mia now, while I had the option for a discount. I used it last night before bed and this morning before work. Can I just tell you, AWESOME. This is just after 2 uses. OMGoodness, I see what all this hype is about. I certainly did not feel $149 was reasonable for this device but I can say that I understand the pricing -- the Clarisonic Mia is just that good. I know, I know,...I've only used it TWICE, so how would I KNOW? For me, I am always prepared for a product or anything to start showing improvements about about 2-3 weeks. I try to stick anything out at least for that long (unless I have a horrible reaction) to see what it can do for my skin. Now I've only use the Mia twice and I can HONESTLY say that my face already looks more even, and my pores around my nose (which are the last of my visible pores) have decreased SO much in size. OVERNIGHT. I can't wait to wash my face again this evening, lol (so serious). I am totally justified with this price now and would not take it back. It's only been two days, I'm excited to see what 2 months will do. I'll be sure to update!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by yukichan3488

I've had the Pretika brush (Clarisonic Dupe) for about six months before purchasing the Mia. For those who are wondering, YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. To me the Clairsonic and Pretika differ on the following points:

- Vibrating ability
- Brush head quality
- Quality of craftsmanship
- Absorption of skin care products
- Beeping of the brush

I've used the Mia for about three months and I noticed that the it has better cleaning ability than the Pretika. In terms of how the brush vibrates, I feel that the vibrations of the Mia are much stronger than that of the Pretika. I noticed the difference when I placed the Mia on my eye lid while washing my face. I've noticed that the Mia has gotten rid of the blackheads better than the Pretika. I also think the the Mia has helped keep my acne at bay better than the Pretika since it cleans and exfoliates my skin better.

Secondly I found the Pretika brushes to be too abrasive for my skin. During my normal cleansing routine with the Pretika, I wouldn't press the brush head in my skin. Instead I'd warm it with water and lightly move it on the surface of my face. Although I proceeded with this method, I still noticed that the Pretika would scratch the surface of my face (especially when I used a little too much retinoid the night before). The Mia on the other hand did not hurt my face in using the method described above. My skin felt clean and not stripped after I used the Mia. However with the Pretika it felt somewhat stripped.

In addition, I noticed that the craftsmanship of the Mia was of far better quality than the Pretika. For the six months I used the Pretika, I charged it every night. However on one night when I took it off the cradle and placed it in the shower, I accidentally dropped it in the tub. After that it wouldn't charge well. Another thing I noticed is that although the Pretika is water resistant, the bottom of the brush has a charging area with two small metal prongs that gets a bit rusty if you do no wipe it thoroughly after use. The Mia does not have this problem as its charger is magnetic and the brush itself is fully insulated.

Absorption of skin care products was also another major difference. I felt that with the use of the Mia, my skin care products absorbed better than the Pretika. This may be due to the better vibrating ability of the Mia (stated earlier).

Finally the beeping of the brushes differ. The Pretika beeps while the Mia does not. For me personally, I haven't found it to be a huge disadvantage but for some this may be the case.

Overall, I think the Pretika is a great place to start if you are dying for a brush but don't have enough money for a Clarisonic (which my case until I saved up enough for a Mia). However if you do have some change in your pocket, the Mia is a great way to transition into the world of Clarisonic.

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for 2 months now and can say that although this alone has not improved my acne, it has helped in other areas.

It allows products to absorb better into my skin especially my acne formulated moisturizers/gels. So with a combination of my skincare routine, my acne has gone done a bit because of the Clarisonic.

It originally came with the sensitive brush head but I found it was a tad too harsh for me so I bought the delicate brush head.

I got it at eskincarestore.com (for all Canadian users) for $134. The site usually has 15% off deals or free shipping so it's much cheaper than purchasing it at Sephora.

To see my review comparing the Clarisonic Mia to an electric toothbrush, check out this video:

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

Crazy awesome. I have always had dull, congested skin even though i use all of the 'right' products. I have owned my mia for a couple of weeks now and i would buy it again and again. the results are amazing. my skin looks luminous for the first time in my life. i have VERY few blackheads left, and my pores look smaller than ever. if you are on the fence, my vote is to jump in~ the water is NICE!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute rave from me. The level of cleansing that I am able to achieve with the Clarisonic is far superior to anything I can do myself with manual cleansing. I have used a 'facial brush' and wash cloths in the past, this does not compare in the least to the Clarisonic. My skin feels clean and smooth after use. I find that my toner can really work better, my moisturizer can be more effective...my only complaint is why it took me so long to buy it. I look forward to cleansing my face and using my skin care now because I feel like it can actually work and do what its supposed to do because the Clarisonic cleansers, removes makeup, gets rid of dead, dry patches of skin and softens my skin. I know the price may be steep at first but when you think about how much you spend on cleansing, toning, moisturizing and treatments...its worth every penny when you can visually see how much better these products work.

Update- I have been using the Mia for 6 weeks now and the difference in my skin is *huge*. I no longer have dry patches on my upper cheeks. These disappeared within the first few days of use and have stayed gone. My biggest and most noticable difference is how foundation looks. I use it all - liquid foundation, powder foundation, mineral, tinted moisturizer- and it all goes on smooth, looks natural (I never had this before- you could always see the foundation or powder) and blends so much better. My skin is clearer. The blackheads that I had on my nose are gone. I could not get rid of these prior, they *always* came back. I have issues with annoying hairs under my chin....I have not had ingrown hairs since using this. Hormonal breakouts are far fewer.

In short- every aspect of my skin has changed for the better. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (really, the best cleanser I have ever tried, I have used it for years). I still highly recommend the Mia.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ne14sumfun

Oh my goodness. I bought this during the Sephora sale, and I wanted to not like it so I could send it back. I've only used it for 3 days and have already seen results. I have black clogged pores on my nose (you know, the ones that are always there even after a good scrub and hot shower) and they are almost cleared up!!

For this reason alone I would keep it, but it also got rid of those dry little patches (I have combo skin) and seems to be improving the texture overall.

I think it's the gentle vibrations that really loosen all that gunk deep in your pores. There are 1-2 tiny tiny pimples that seem to pop up after I use it, but I really think it's my skin purging.

I generally use this at night so that my serums and creams can sink in better.

Big fan, I am considering getting this for my mother for Christmas. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Ok.
I had purchased the original version a year ago... thought it was heavy and unwieldy and the normal brush head was too abrasive.
This fall - I picked up the Mia that came with the sensitive brush head.
This smaller version is much lighter/easier to hold and maneuver.
The sensitive brush head is better for my skin.
I do miss the timer/beeps that the original had - but I can count - so it's not a big deal.
My skin is sensitive, acne prone, oily t-zone, dry cheeks.
My skin feels smoother/cleaner. My pores look more refined.
I have noticed a difference in my hormonal acne - I still get it but the acne doesn't seem to last as long or get as big.
I've been using it morning and night.
The price of the Mia is easier to take - especially with a friends and family discount.
I wouldn't expect miracles - but I like the results i'm seeing. if I had the money - i would buy one for my mom and sister for christmas. :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Alright, so I bought this online and wanted to love it when it got home. Unfortunately, I was got into an accident the very same day it arrived and couldnt use it for over 2 weeks because I had received abrasion from the deployed air bag.
Back to the review. Right when my face healed, I started it using it around the abrasion because they were a little sensitive. (I was using the sensitive brush). I started horribly breaking out then. I mean CYSTIC ACNE all over my friggin face. I thought okay, my face hasn't been washed with a good cleanser because of the abrasions for a while so maybe it's acting up now.
Nope. I stopped the clarisonic and it started healing. What sucked is that, 1. I never get cystic acne, and if I do i get ONE every month or so. and 2. my face usually heals really fast and it wasn't healing fast at all with this kind of cystic acne.
Now, you need to know that my face isn't sensitive at all. I can use abrasive exfoliators and not much happens, AND I can take naps with my mmu makeup and nothing happens. So in other words my face isn't sensitive.
So, why would my face be sensitive to this?
Alright, so I decided to give the clarisonic another shot. I did, and bam! cystic acne came back. So, I spoke the the Clarisonic representatives and they were nice enough to send a free delicated brush instead. I however, was too scared to try that delicate brush because my face had healed up nicely and I KNEW it wouldn't work even with the delicate brush head.
Now, I'm waiting to return it.
One good thing about this gadget is that it does make your face smooth. You can feel the smoothness. However, it gave me bad cystic acne. So, it's a no-go for me.
Apart from that, I seriously do not think that this takes off 6xs more dirt and grime. You know why? Bc when i used this i had MORE crap on my cottonball with toner then when I usually just wash and exfoliate my face. And I don't think that it's loosening up the dirt on my face and therefore I see more on the cottonball. Why? because my face was worse when I used the clarisonic then when i didn't.
I felt like not leaving my house because the acne was soo bad.
I don't think this was purging out at all, because I know my face and how it reacts to stuff.
In all clarisonic + my face = cystic acne
my face + my normal cleansing routine= good and normal face with few breakouts that actually heal faster than when with clarisonic.
Another thing, i didn't notice much of a difference between the delicate and the sensitive brush head, therefore I didn't try it out.
One good thing about clarisonic, is their customer service. They will try and help you as much as they can.
As for this product beware.
I, with skin that isn't sensitive at all to experiments and abrasive exfoliators did horribly with this product.
I wonder what will happen with people that have senstive skin.
All I have to say is BEWARE. There are a load of people that this was perfect with HOWEVER be careful because you may not get the same outcome.

10 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No