November 24, 2014 | 2026 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The feel and finish of this foundation was great and the shade choices are awesome. Didn't feel heavy and left a dewy look to my skin. The light coverage was perfect as well. I would have bought again was it not for the small bumps that it caused on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by ktbeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I straight up love this foundation. I don't throw the word around often, but this is HG material for me. I have combo skin that can be dry around the edges and this makes my skin look amazing as long as I moisturize first. It's been a godsend because it has no sunscreen included, which can cause breakouts for me. It is, however, packed with silicones, and those cause breakouts for others. My skin loves them.

This can be light-medium or medium-full coverage depending on your application. I find fingers are best, or use some kind of a buffing motion rather than a swiping motion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The word glow in the name is laughable.I have to agree completely with the reviewer who said my exact thoughts on what this foundation does to my skin --"It feels dry, tight, parched and absolutely screaming for moisture." If you have dry skin look elsewhere- it will make it look and feel worse. The color range is geared towards very yellow undertones only. Back to the store it went after three days of looking like a dehydrated jaundice victim.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it took me a while to be convinced of buying this foundation because of its hefty price tag ($55 CDN). i have been a faithful BE/Everyday minerals girl for 3 - 4 years but notice they were caking on me. was looking for a foundation that will provide medium coverage but that will not turn orange and disappear because of my oily T-zone. Sheer Glow is does all this and more! it goes on perfectly with just a dab - coverage is fantastic - i don't really need to use concealer for everyday;it does provide glow to the face without making it look overly shiny. i do need to use oil blotting film about 5 hours after wearing the foundation, which is better than most foundation. has not caused any breakouts and i do think it has made my skin softer. just like with other reviews, a pump would be handy but not having one would not stop me from buying it again. i like using my finger to apply this as i can control the coverage better. for reference, i use mac studio fix fluid in NC 30 (which was too yellow for my skin tone) and am using Punjab. Barcelona is doable but a bit dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

This is a very nice lightweight summer foundation. It gives me a nice glow, and the coverage is fine for most of my face (I use a concealer on spots and undereyes). The staying power isn't as great as it could be, and I would prefer a pump. It will also rub off on clothing, etc. which is why I will not wear it in the winter (it would get all over my scarves and white winter jacket). I like the fact that many of the colors have yellow undertones, which match my skin well.
Edit: I took a lippie off, and do not wear this anymore. It is a royal pain in the butt to have to touch up my foundation throughout the day (because this wears off so easily) and the glow can sometimes look like an oil slick.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ayshacat905

I wanted to love this after hearing people rave about it, but I could not STAND this foundation! The color match was great, but what killed me was the coverage. I literally had to pack on concealer to cover up old acne marks. I get that no foundation will cover EVERYTHING, but it should help! Caking on concealer is just silly. :/ It made my skin look very wierd and patchy by the end of the day because it would fade off. It does give a nice glow to the face, but it can easily be duped by Revlon ColorStay foundation. That one has great coverage and gives a dewy glow at a much lower price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have oily skin and this works so well on my skin, I thought I woukd need the matte formulation but it doesnt work well, but surprisingly sheer glow does....its my number 2 favorite foundation...my hg foundation is Dior airflash..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by blushbye

I got Siberia and I LOVE it. It gives a nice light coverage without caking and has a nice glow, totally worth the very expensive price.

Hate the packaging glow, this should have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by gabz01

I got a sample because I wanted to try it first. Its bn a week of using it and I loooove how this foundation covers every flaw. I don't even have to use concealer...I've been using mfhd and it works pretty well but I think I like this better. Gives a flawless look when I use my estee lauder translucent powder on top :) def. Going to buuuuy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupl0ve

Great coverage. A little goes a long way. (: Love the color selection, first foundation that actually matches my yellow undertone. Very happy.