NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/4/2010 2:38:00 AM

I was extremely hesitant to buy this foundation after my experience with the Sheer Matte Foundation. This foundation is nothing special. I really couldn't find that much of a difference with this and the Sheer Matte. The color selection is too yellow for my skin tone. The application of this is a little different from the Sheer Matte, it's thicker and heavier. The end result of this is very similar to the other. It just sunk into my pores and looked very thick. Which is not something that I like. I am so disapointed in the NARS foundations. Wish they would have worked for me :( it was such waste of money, now there just sitting in my foundation draw not being used. Dissapointing.

on 10/3/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't understand the hype with this. It doesn't give me a beautiful satin finish and the shade Ceylan is not yellow enough for my NC20 pale-olive skin. The foundation is too average to be such an expensive product. I do like the fact that it is very light on the skin, but so was my MUFE F&B. And that was cheaper and you got more product for your money. Chock full of silicones and way too over hyped and overrated. I'll be returning this to Sephora right away.

on 10/2/2010 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. It is the perfect liquid foundation for combo skin. I tried alot but nothing comes close. I am stay @ home mom so dont wear lots of makup but I collect and wear sometimes, this stuff makes me feel madeup. Love all things Nars.

on 10/1/2010 2:45:00 PM

Very nice foundation. I used this with my beauty blender sponge, and I just LOVE the finish of this foundation. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation on my face, and this baby covers them ALL! I don't even need concealers. (It saved me a lot of time in the morning). I put a thin layer of this all over the face, then go back with an extra layer on my cheeks, where all the imperfections are. With the second layer, it's nearly a full coverage. My setting powder is matt, so I skip it sometimes. Now the only thing I would complain about, is that after a few hours, I see a lot of shine on the nose and forehead. BUT, I'm sure this is because I didn't set the foundation. My primer at this time had no oil control, which I'm sure it would of be a lot better if it had. This is a pretty expensive foundation, however, you really get what u paid for. Quality 5 / 5, no doubt. SG in Fiji, MAC NC25

on 9/29/2010 11:27:00 PM

I have FINALLY found my HD foundation. I have only been using this foundation for a few days, but I can already see a clear improvement in my complexion and general makeup application. Although the description says this foundation is for dry to normal skin, I have combination type skin with a very oily T-zone, and it has worked flawlessly. I am only having to use powder in the morning to initially set my makeup, and then once more mid-afternoon to touch up. Do not let the name 'sheer glow' fool you-individuals with combo or oily skin can wear this, and I am a walking testimony to that! It gives much more of a matte finish, and throughout the day, your skin does develop a slight 'glow' instead of oiliness. I would say the coverage is medium to full, but you can definitely make it a more sheer coverage depending on what tools you use, your personal makeup routine and how much foundation you choose to use. I do wish for the amount of money this foundation is ($42.00 at Sephora) it came with the pump instead of having to order it off the Nars website for an additional $6 (and shipping is $4.95!). That does seem a little steep to me. If you're looking for an alternative to the pump, I use a Q-tip to dip into the bottle and then spread around on my face before using my flat foundation brush to even out the coverage. It seems to be just as effective, and I know I'm not wasting more product than I should. I HIGHLY recommend this product to anybody looking for a long, wearing and great coverage foundation. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation will not disappoint!

on 9/29/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation that gives you a healthy non shimmery glow (think Jennifer Aniston's glow).
I have oily/combo skin. The finish is velvet, not dewy/sticky, not mat. It can look masky once applied but then it just "sets" the following minutes, letting your natural complexion shine through. You don't need too much also, a little goes along the away.
I set it with MAC Finishing translucent powder and the Mist Spray: BAM: I get Red Carpet's natural glow.
It's totally worth the price to me. It feels good when you touch your skin. It's not longwear though but you still look somewhat made-up at the end of the day.

My color: Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect, a tad ashy). Can be solved with MAC MSF ( I use the one in Dark)

More info that could help:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok but best texture of all foundations),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match.has the right dose/amount of yellow.

on 9/29/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful foundation, but not long wearing. It lasts on me (combo/dry) for about 7 hours and then it starts looking patchy on my chin. The nice thing about this foundation is that you can reapply it without it looking weird, but I do not like having to reapply it. So, if you're someone who doesn't mind that, you might love this foundation. It really is beautiful.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

my poor, poor skin! at first use, it seemed to be perfect, flawless, covered up every little tiny imperfections i may have, but slowly after a week i notice i started getting BIG, PAINFUL, CYSTIC ACNE all over my face! i still have one left right now smack dab in the middle of my eyebrows, horrifying, now mind you, i don't usually get any noticeable blemishes or pimples, it's mostly a whitehead here and there that i can pop and goes away over night, and that's ONLY on my forehead, after using NARS i got BIG pimples everywhere, even on my cheeks where i don't think i've EVER gotten any blemish.

sad to say i will not be repurchasing this again, gonna stick to my ole clinique.

I adore this foundation. I would consider this a higher coverage. It covers all imperfections including undereye circles...I do not need any concealer anywhere when I use this foundation. It has a satin finish, not too dewy to where you look greasy, but definitely not matte or parched looking. The only con is that it never seems to set, even when you powder. The cost is not ideal but I feel the quality of this product is indeed worth its price and I will always continue to repurchase for the days when my skin is far less than perfect. The amount of pros outweigh the one con for me.

A comparable dupe for this product is Clinique Even Better Foundation, it is half the cost. The only thing that differs dramatically is that it is moderate coverage whereas Sheer Glow is a higher coverage.

on 9/27/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OMGDOUBLEHKP!!! (lol, you'll get it if you watch juicystar07 on YouTube)
BUT HONESTLY! This foundation is expensive AND doesn't have a pump :(. The packaging is terrible and SO inconvenient, I can never seem to close mine properly. I love this foundation. I have oily skin and it laves a nice glow to my skin. It looks and feels natural. I do use a primer for this though. To apply it I pour it on the back of my hand and use my MAC 188 stippling brush and do it in sections. IT GIVES ME SUCH A FLAWLESS FINISH! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials