April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I would buy this product again, in hopes that one day it might adhere to my skin for more than three hours. I love the way this foundation looks on my skin in the morning. It is so beautiful, and I can completely see how other people would find this to be their HG. But as I have oily skin this foundation only lasted a few hours until it was just completely gone. I have no idea where it goes, but it's gone. I can touch up and it looks good, but my 'touch up' means applying another layer of foundation, which I'm not really interested in doing every day. I need something a little more long lasting. But I do truly love the texture and feel it gives my skin. I use Chanel's Hydra + Active serum and then Clinique's spot corrector serum and then NARS primer. If I don't use NARS primer, I can pretty much forget about wearing this foundation. With the primer, it's a dream come true. If only for a couple of hours. Reference: Punjab Mac NC 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant to get this because of the price..WOW! I used to use high end brands a long time ago then i was into drugstore foundation..my fave drugstore foundation is the colorstay foundation but i was very very very interested on getting this foundation because of all the hype on YT and even the reviews on here..finally got it in the shade Syracuse (I'm an NC40/42). This was a perfect match! LOVE THIS FOUNDATION it's worth every penny!!! It leaves my skin looking dewey and it feels so soft and it just looks AMAZING!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this foundation so much. I convinced myself to make the splurge on this after seeing rave review after rave review on you tube. Unfortunately my skin did not like this at all. After using it for 2 days my skin broke out in little pimples on my forehead and near my chin. Also, my skin looked quite oily after a couple hours of use. That's probably the 'glow' part of the foundation but it just didn't look quite right on me. The price tag was pretty hefty too, $AU99! Luckily, the shade suits my mum perfectly and it looks amazing on her, shame that my skin hated it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by grace123

I'm not usually a liquid foundation kind of girl, but I do love this product. It feels light, yet it gives my skin medium coverage. A little goes a long way, and it does make my skin look rather luminous. I just apply it with my foundation brush from The Body Shop.

My only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump.

I will definitely repurchase though!

*For reference: I am NC30 in MAC and I got this in "Punjab"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pocky

This foundation is neither sheer nor glowy, as other reviewers have noted. "Sheer Glow" implies that this foundation is sheer and luminous. The coverage for me is light to medium and can be layered for more coverage. Nice but not sheer. For me, it's quite enough to even out my skintone without covering up my skin. The finish for me is matte although not mattifying. I have normal to dry skin so I can't say how well Sheer Glow would work for someone with oily skin, but if you have drier skin and would like a more dewy look, Sheer Glow is not your foundation. YMMV of course. I actually like the finish because it's matte yet the foundation itself is also light enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing a matte foundation and some of my skin shows through. Sheer Glow is good for transition seasons like spring and fall when my skin is more normal than at any other time of the year. In the winter, I definitely need a more hydrating foundation with a dewier finish. Sheer Glow makes my skin look too matte and emphasizes any flakies in the dead of winter when my skin is at its driest.

The shade choices are excellent for more yellow-toned complexions. I am around an NC20 and I found a perfect matchy by mixing Fiji (the lightest of the yellow-based colors with Siberia (pure ivory). Deauville seems to have a nice balance of pink and yellow for light neutral-toned complextions but it's too pink for me. Fiji by itself will probably work better for skintones in the NC25 range. I also tried Ceylan, which I think is probably better for an NC30.

On principle, I feel that I have to complain about the design of the bottle especially considering the steep price of this foundation. A pump dispenser should not be a luxury that I have to buy separately. I am completely at a loss as to why the bottle was not designed with a pump in the first place. My solution to the dispensing problem is to decant some foundation into a travel size plastic squeeze bttle. I would have done this regardless of the Sheer Glow bottle design since I have to blend my own shade. Trying to mix up my perfect color in my hand gets messy and mixing in a petri dish is just too much work for 6:30 a.m. Despite this, I will be repurchasing Sheer Glow and plan to keep it on hand even if I can't/don't want to wear it everyday. This is a wonderful for the right skin type. I have not had any issues with breakouts but I am not oily or acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

This foundation really has a beautiful finish. I'm a MAC NC45, Prescriptives Warm Antelope, MUFE Mat Velvet+ #70, MUFE Face and Body Camel, and in this foundation I wear Cadiz. So far it's my favorite. My skin really is glowing.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite everyday go to foundation. Nice range of shades. Goes on smooth & flawless. Although for $42 I'd like a pump please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm super critical of foundation...well pretty much everything (ha!). I have an oily t zone and normal cheeks (more or less). It's important that anything I put on my face doesn't add/increase oiliness (greasy look), streak, or oxidize and must be long wearing w/o causing havoc on my face. It's medium coverage, but you can build without being cakey and it feels sheer but it isn't sheer. It does give a glow but not shine...very natural. The color selection is good. I found it looks best when applied with finger tips and I follow up with Nars loose powder. I wish it came in a pump but that's how it is for me. My other fav doesn't come with a pump either (Revlon Colorstay...only long wearing that doesn't dry my skin). I believe Colorstay controls oil better than Sheer Glow. It's a very nice foundation with a gorgeous smooth, flawless finish. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this.

EDIT: I think this has to be my favorite foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC42 and picked up barcelona in this. The next shade was much too dark for me. I'm oily, mostly on my forehead. At first I used nars sheer matte back when these two first came out. I decided to try glow because of all the hype and I was very curious about it. It was also a good time to try it because of the winter season and my skin not being as oily as it is in the summer months.

I have to say that I really do like/love this foundation. I have gotten so many comments from random people saying how natural and glowy my skin looks. I personally, love the way it looks on my skin. it does look "natural". Despite being oily, this does work on my skin. But as the summer months approaches, I will be using my sheer matte again or mufe mat velvet to combat the oil. I will miss it for the next few months (our summers here are very short).

Another plus is that I have to use such little product. I use my sephora #55 brush and barely use anything. It blends beautifully excepts I admit between my eyebrows, towards my nose. I sometimes had to use a smaller brush (mac 109)

It covers my broken capillaries nicely, but I do still need to cover larger blemishes if I do have em but I found all other foundations require this.

The cons of this is definitly the price. I believe it's $55 Canadian for this? whoo that is expensive, but because I don't have to use hardly anything to cover my face (which is by no means perfect I have issues to cover) it lasts me a long time. Another con is there is no pump, but I hear they are coming out with one in the next few months. I transfer the foundation into a small 5gm container and barely dip my brush into it. I hate pouring foundation onto my hand, I feel I will pour out too much and waste product.

Overal, I will definitly repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mbs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely Horrible. It baffles me how there are any positive reviews. My theory is that the positive reviews are coming from those with oily skin. THIS IS NOT A FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN, OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN. It not only highlights my dry areas, but CREATES dry areas on the normal areas of my skin. This has never happened with any other foundation. I have tried every method possible, and have tried on different occasions, and always with a very good moisturizer.
A part from having my skin literally look like a scaly fish with flakes of skin and makeup flaking off, it also looks very dull on my skin. Not sheer, not glowy, but the opposite. I hate it.
Back to every day minerals for me, which is 1/5 the price, and 100% better for me.