BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 10/14/2006 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nope, not for me. Looks like dirt in the box & looks like dirt on my face. Darn, I really wanted to love this so much. Doesn't blend well either.

on 10/13/2006 4:31:00 PM

I love this bronzer! It's the perfect color. Oh! And you can't forget the adorable packaging! Although, I found it a bit hard to spread on my cheeks, It really is a great product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this one. First of all, the packaging is adorable. Second, there is no scent like Dandelion to make my face break out. I like that there is no shimmer, and it looks natural when I have a tan. This product only works on me, though, for about 3 months out of the year--I think my complexion is too light for it. In the fall I can get away with using a tiny, tiny amount of product, but it looks ridiculous and muddy when I turn pale in the winter.

on 10/13/2006 12:25:00 AM

Too light for my medium skin. I suggest only using it if you aren't tan-ish already. Good forumula and clever packaging though.

on 10/9/2006 11:11:00 AM

This is a nice bronzer. I use it almost every day to give my pale skin a little glow. Like others have said, it can look a little muddy, but if you use a light hand to apply it, you get a nice color that you can layer to get the shade you want. Overall, this is my favorite bronzer and I will buy again.

on 9/11/2006 12:30:00 PM

This is the only bronzer I consistently buy. It can look a little muddy if you apply too much, but with a self-tanner on, it works great. I apply to my cheeks and forehead with a quick wash around my jawline.

on 8/27/2006 2:38:00 PM

Most definately the best bronzer I have ever used. It has zero shimmer,unlike NARS Laguna, which is terrific if you are looking to create a natural look. It really is the color of a natural tan, and it has great staying power.I believe BeneFit not only has witty names for products and cute packaging, but they truly create great products.

on 8/22/2006 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A good matte bronzer for medium to dark skintones. I found this a little dark for my light skin. It has a nice light texture and I like the fact it is shimmerless. Cute packaging and brush.

on 8/3/2006 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Despite BeneFit's lack of seriousness in the cosmetic world, they have created several key items I can't imagine straying from. The blush-bronzer squares are such items (along with High Beam and Babe Cake eyeliner). I have used Dandelion for years; Georgia came next, and now finally, after noticing my normally fair skin is going more golden this year, Hoola. I don't wear foundation because I'm allergic to most but these powders don't irritate my reactive skin - a reason for me to be faithful to a brand. I like Hoola applied under a touch of Dandelion... skin looks flawless... You can overdo Hoola, like any bronzer. For me, (LLL), less really is more. The girl I bought this off had made her fake-tanned skin look blotchy and muddy with this product. I recommend using it without foundation and in moderation... but what a great colour and texture when you make it work!

on 7/26/2006 6:58:00 AM

I don't think that there is such a thing as a perfect powder bronzer..this one is the best I have tried. You *must* use this with a very light hand!! I use a big blush brush (the applicator brush it comes with will just create streaks) and lightly dust all over my face, focusing on where the sun naturally hits. Don't expect to look suddenly tanned just by applying this bronzer..a sunless tanner would be better for that. This bronzer should only be used for a little definition, or to darken a tan. The price is steep for what you get (the cardboard box is ridiculous), but it does not turn your face orange or red (something which most bronzers tend to do) and looks very natural and believable.

Popular Bronzers