April 17, 2014 | 1314 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by raquel_isabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The scrub beads and salicylic acid content irritated my face too much. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this stuff years ago and I can tell you it's terrible for your skin. It's too harsh and it's not refined enough to be used on the face. Use with caution! Better yet--ask your dermatologist before using.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 4:34:00 AM More reviews by brend

I'll buy this product in BULK if it's ever discontinued. Lots of products have passed through my bathroom, but this one is a regular and probably permanent resident. I've tried the normal version and the gentle version. This one is definitely better for acne-prone skin (but don't use it during a breakout). Of course, this is not the only thing that has kept my acne under control (most of the credit would have to go to PC's 2% BHA liquid), but I need this scrub to keep the very very stubborn blackheads on my oily nose far far away. Am using Epidermx II as well, but that's not strong enough for the nose area. It may be too harsh for some people, so I'd advice caution when using this: don't scrub too hard, and use very very little. Or try the normal version first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this stuff for the past 2 years and it's been nothing but good to me. It keeps my skin clear and smooth.
It's a bit harsh though, so if you plan to use it everyday like I do, definitely MOISTURIZE afterwards...esp in cold weather.

UPDATE 2/28/08: After years of using this, my skin has finally said NO MORE! Every time I use it I break out horribly and no longer have smooth skin! My cousins who used to use it also found the same thing happen to them!!! Maybe St. Ives changed the formula?! I changed my review from 5 lippies and would buy again to 2 lippies and NO!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by 867_5309

Well I read that the walnut granules in this are abrasive to the skin so I tried looking for scrubs that maybe had round granules that would be less abrasive. I looked into the Olay Thermal Skin Polisher which has great reviews but I didn't want to shell over the money, so I figured STICK with THIS and just rub GENTLY on the skin. LOL. I remember using this when I was 17 and I'm 21 now. It has 2% salicyclic acid which helps with my breakouts. I usually scrub with it and then leave it on for 2 minutes, go do something like make my bed and then come back, wash it off w/ warm water, pay my face dry and then IMMEDIATELY apply moisturizer. This is awesome stuff. About $2.69 from Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Allardyce

This is the scrub I turn to when my skin gets flaky and needs a boost. One of the few on the market that does not make me break out. The granules are a little big, so you do have to be careful not to overscrub! I use a small amount, lightly rub over my face and rinse. Leaves my skin nice and soft, with no breakouts. ***Update 10-6-07*** They've changed the formula since I last posted, and I'm not sure it was a good change for my skin. Guess I'll have to wait and see (and possibly break out!).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by frinze

i use this twice a week as it's to harsh for everyday use.
good,effective on blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sexyglam

This is an old favorite for about 15 yrs. The best scrub for me, I have oily acne prone skin and this leaves my skin soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

A great exfoliator. I use it about 2 or 3 nights a week. Makes my skin very smooth & soft to the touch the next morning. If you want a good exfoliator, this is a great one to use (& it's cheap). I'm not sure the SA in it is necessary. I could probably use the regular st. ive's apricot scrub & be fine. I love this stuff. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i think it helps on clearing the blemishes on my skin. love the smell and the fact that it is so dirt cheap. until i still see the result, will continue to repurchase.