St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/16/2007 2:37:00 AM

HG!HG!
I have been using this since college & until now it is still the best facial scrub for me.
I have tried ClLARINS one step gentle exfoliating cleansing scrub& its just way expensive & you get the same results w/ St. Ives.
I have the facial cream cleanser which I really like - very gentle just like cetaphil w/ beads =)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG! HG! I have been using this since the moment it came out. Sometimes my Clinique 3-Step for oily skin stops working, as any skin care regime does from time to time; when that happens I immediately start using the Apricot Medicated Scrub morning and night, and the blemishes clear within a few days. I think this works so well because the buffing grains sweep away dead cells so the salicylic acid penetrates more thoroughly. Better than any acne treatment I've tried, including Serious Skin Care.

Kind of makes me wonder if I should just scrap Clinique and use this all the time! Hmmm, at $4 per tube, might be a no-brainer...

on 5/18/2007 12:06:00 PM

The grains in this exfoliating scrub is too harsh for my face, but it's very effective on my back! The apricot seed grains together with the BHA helps keep the blemishes away. There's alot of product in a tube and it's often on BOGOF promotion at Superdrug. HG back-scrub....hehehe ;o)

on 5/18/2007 11:36:00 AM

I think I already went through at least 10 of these! I love it: leaves skin soft and glowing, helps control my breakout (don't have many though) -- just a nice inexpensive drug store scrub I'll keep using

on 5/17/2007 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Update! ~ They have changed the scent in my favorite scrub! Now it makes me break out in this bumpbs that are under my skin. I think I got an allergic reaction from the smell! Now, I have to hunt down all of the pharmacies for the old formulas. : (

I've been using this scrub for 4 months now and this stuff keeps my breakouts under control. I use the apricot face blemish face wash daily and use this scrub 5 days a week. I'm surprised because I thought scrubs aggrivate exsisting acne. Not for me! Goes on rough, but when I pat my face dry, my skin is so smooth! I'm so impressed!

on 5/8/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin, I like this product, all though the debate is still on on wether you should scrub your "active" breakouts.
Leaves your face feeling really clean, although I don't see much difference between this and other cleansers, when it comes to results. Good in conjunction with a treatment that stays on the skin. Probably very good for people prone to blackheads.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive had this product for about a year, not because its great and i want to cherish it, but because its done nothing for my face. thanks to MUA, i discovered MAC's Microfine Refinisher - a MUCH BETTER product for exfoliation - and am using the St. Ives for my body.

its cheap, so big loss.

I use to use this stuff last year about once or twice a week. At first I hated the smell of it. It just smelled so heavily medicated (hence the name, I guess). I brought it to keep the monthly breakouts at bay and although it wasn't a miracle product, it still scrubed away dead skin cells but the particles felt so rough against my skin that it scrubbed away anything in its way...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an edited review. I used this product for a couple of years and thought it was fine but my aesthetician told me that the "beads" are not smooth enough and it can scratch and damage your skin. So, I'm finishing using the rest of the tube on my chest and back.

on 5/3/2007 11:14:00 PM

Considering the price, this is a great facial scrub! It is a wonderful texture and really sloghs off dead skin cells! A+