St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/25/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using st. ives apricot scrubs since middle school. I've alternated between the regular one and the medicated one, but I've been using the the medicated for about four years now. It does a great job exfoliating and does pretty good with treating my mild acne. But isn't to harsh for winter. I usually buy for about $3.oo-what a deal!

on 6/24/2007 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using the regular apricot scrub for years, and I started alternating with the medicated one for the last 9 months or so. The medicated is a very strong product and gets to be too much if I use it all the time, I can't use it all the time like the regular scrub, but I really like it! I have oily, acne-prone skin and this works excellently to dry out the pimples and get all the dead skin off. And it's also great on my chest and back acne.

The Equate brand is a bit more abrasive, but I like that one too, it's an even better value on an already very inexpensive product.

on 6/24/2007 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the one facial exfoliant that I keep repurchasing over and over again. I've been using this for the pass 3 or so years, and acne break outs have been reduced significantly. Skin feels smooth and rejuvinated after using. Not too harsh for my combo/oily skin; no stinging sensation or over-drying (a result I get from most other exfoliants). I only use this once a week, so one tube lasts me pretty long. Great product for the price (talking super dirt cheap). I took off one lippy because I'm not crazy about the medicinal smell.

*Edit: I've upgraded this back to a 5 because it doesn't have that pungent, medicinal smell anymore. Now it's nice and fruity. My HG facial scrub.

My skin is addicted to this scrub! It clears up blackheads, helps* clear up acne, and is gentle enough for me to use daily. If I scrub too hard it will make active breakouts worse, but the trick is to let the scrub do all the work and just lightly rub in circular motions- it takes no pressure at all. It leaves my skin super clean and soft. It can leave broken out places quite red (especially if scrubbed too hard!), but smooth and easy to cover up. I have tried so many other cleansers and scrubs but this is the only one that works, and it doesn't hurt that it's SO cheap! Definitely worth a try. If you hate it you'll be out $3 and have an excellent body exfoliator- this stuff is fantastic for ingrown hairs!

*If you have acne- real acne, more than one or two blemishes now and then- you'll probably need to use a benzoyl peroxide topical (like Proactiv repairing lotion) as well to really, truly get clear.

on 6/23/2007 9:51:00 PM

It scrubs well and smells good but it made my acne worse so I will not repurchase.

on 6/16/2007 2:37:00 AM

HG!HG!
I have been using this since college & until now it is still the best facial scrub for me.
I have tried ClLARINS one step gentle exfoliating cleansing scrub& its just way expensive & you get the same results w/ St. Ives.
I have the facial cream cleanser which I really like - very gentle just like cetaphil w/ beads =)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG! HG! I have been using this since the moment it came out. Sometimes my Clinique 3-Step for oily skin stops working, as any skin care regime does from time to time; when that happens I immediately start using the Apricot Medicated Scrub morning and night, and the blemishes clear within a few days. I think this works so well because the buffing grains sweep away dead cells so the salicylic acid penetrates more thoroughly. Better than any acne treatment I've tried, including Serious Skin Care.

Kind of makes me wonder if I should just scrap Clinique and use this all the time! Hmmm, at $4 per tube, might be a no-brainer...

on 5/18/2007 12:06:00 PM

The grains in this exfoliating scrub is too harsh for my face, but it's very effective on my back! The apricot seed grains together with the BHA helps keep the blemishes away. There's alot of product in a tube and it's often on BOGOF promotion at Superdrug. HG back-scrub....hehehe ;o)

on 5/18/2007 11:36:00 AM

I think I already went through at least 10 of these! I love it: leaves skin soft and glowing, helps control my breakout (don't have many though) -- just a nice inexpensive drug store scrub I'll keep using

on 5/17/2007 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Update! ~ They have changed the scent in my favorite scrub! Now it makes me break out in this bumpbs that are under my skin. I think I got an allergic reaction from the smell! Now, I have to hunt down all of the pharmacies for the old formulas. : (

I've been using this scrub for 4 months now and this stuff keeps my breakouts under control. I use the apricot face blemish face wash daily and use this scrub 5 days a week. I'm surprised because I thought scrubs aggrivate exsisting acne. Not for me! Goes on rough, but when I pat my face dry, my skin is so smooth! I'm so impressed!