St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Great stuff for a mask! Yes, that's right, I actually use it as a mask. It's cheap enough to spread it thickly all over my face as a mask. I was getting discouraged from not seeing results from any of my numerous cleansers. I have a bunch of stubborn acne scars that just don't seem to want to fade and seem to want to stay there and be red and bumpy forever. After reading an article about how cleansers need to absorb into your skin -- yes, I was always in a hurry so never really thought about it-- I decided to whip out this cleanser and spread it on as a mask. Left it on for about ten minutes and then rubbed it in gently (I DO think the beads are a little too big and abrasive, but at least they're not microbeads which I kind of despise) and then rinsed off with cold water (I think the cold water helps a great deal too). The result? Smooth, glowing skin, slightly faded acne scars and a very happy me. So if this isn't giving you the greatest results, try applying it like you would a mask and leave it on for awhile for the stuff to do its work! Chances are you'll see a little difference afterwards!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG face wash - my routine is to shampoo my hair, rinse, apply conditiioner, scrub my face with St. Ives Medicated then wash off the scrub and conditioner. If I don't do that every day, the day doesn't go right. And I just don't feel clean when I've had to go without it.

Regardless of price, it can't be beat

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this for 5 years on my oily, acne-prone, not-sensitive skin. Would be lost without it. Really helps control my acne.

It broke me out. The grains are too harsh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff!! I have been struggling with acne my entire life. I have used every skin care line on the market. From Dermalogica to DDF to Philosophy. St. Ives Scrub really works. I have combination oily skin and as an African American women, when my acne heals, I usually have scarring. Well, after using St. Ives for a month, my scars began to heal. It doesn't fade them away, it just makes my scars lesss noticable. I use it in combination with Neutrogena's acne wash; especially when my period begins. Be mindful of using these two products together long term. Once my acne is down, I switch to a milder cleanser in combination with the St. Ives scrub. Truly works!

I love this scrub! It exfoliates so well, is cheap, and smells exactly like a gin and tonic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

5 stars all the way!!! I have acne-prone skin and the exfoliation helps A LOT! Also, this product is super cheap and you can get it just about anywhere. I also use it on my legs sometimes to help with ingrown hairs.

I use very expensive products on my face because generally price does equal quality to some degree with facial products. But I am not stupid enough to ignore something that works. This is the only cleanser that makes me feel that I treating (sometimes preemptively) my face and actually cleans it. Every other cleanser makes me feel that there is a film on my face and I like the squeaky clean feeling. this does the job without burning a hole in my wallet.

I really love this scrub. I know many people say that it is too rough, but I have been using it about 3 times a week for a month and have experienced no irritation. I have pretty fair, combination/slightly dry, acne-prone skin. When my face products dry out my skin, or it just starts to look a little dull, I use this scrub and it instantly makes my skin feel sooooo smooth and even. I use it in the shower and lightly massage it into my skin for about 1 minute, and then I slather my skin in moisturizer (your skin will soak up any product after using this scrub). The next morning, my pores look smaller, my skin tone looks more even and my face is so soft and glowing. With having fair skin, I am prone to redness and this makes my skin tone more even. This has also helped to clear my skin because it sloughs away dead and dry skin that would clog pores. and...it is so cheap.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure