October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by QweenTalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this scrub consistently twice a week for almost three months after reading wonderful reviews about it. The result: not so good! My forehead and jawline became whitehead city and I'm getting break-outs on my cheeks just about every other week. I thought this scrub was suppose to aid in the fight against acne and break-outs?! I will say that the scrub itself felt great on my face and I believe my complexion did improve. However, the pay-off is not worth it - I'm going crazy with all these break-outs! This is just not helping my cause at all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mcv714

A great scrub. I've tried many brands at many prices and i always go back to this. I use it every few days to smooth out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by xjuteveux

I used this product in combination with neutrigena oil free acne wash in high school and I never had breakouts back then. Fast forward a few years, after ditching that and using Dior products, breakouts all the time! I finally decided to go back to it and my skin has finally stopped breaking out...as much. It's not a miracle scrub, but I've tried everything from expensive to cheap and this is the best scrub. Its got a sandy paste like texture, and at first use you'd think it would scrub your face off, but it does just the right amount of scrubbing. I use it every morning in the shower, but it would make more sense to use it at night. Fantastic product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i use this when i want to do some deep cleansing. i do make sure that i'm gentle when i use this though since the scrub is kind of rough. it doesn't perform any miracles but it does leave my face clean, smooth & soft after wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love love. THE BEST ever for my combination skin. Very rough, you need to use a light touch and definitely moisturize after every use, and if your skin is anything other than oily or acne-prone I would definitely suggest using something else. I like the smell, kind of Noxema-y, and while I don't usually have problems with pimples, my skin has been so much better since I started using this. A great body scrub, too. Definitely my HG face soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

Very good and inexpensive product for mild acne, it may be a little drying so my recommendation would be to use it once a day, at night and just use a toner in the morning.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Left a residue on my skin that was tacky. Also, the S. Acid irritated my skin. I would never use this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Idanics

My face is congested and this worked very at first. But after a month, it basically became ineffective regardless of how often I used it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by catrat242

I got this product when I first started having acne problems,and i heard that if I scrubbed about twice a week,it'll help. So I went to the grocery store and I found this.It smells like apricots (duh...) and comes in an easy-to-use package. It gotten rid of 2 out of 3 huge zits! So I kept using it.But after a while,it seemed like it stopped working. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by misstifyftl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After years of Proactive and other treatments, I got my face under control. And moved on! This is great for everyday maintenance of occasional breakouts. I really don't get any acne anymore, and this stuff gives you a china doll finish.