January 28, 2015 | 1919 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The idea and the colours are nice but shadows are too glittery (and when I say "glittery" I don't mean "shimmery"..); there's a lot of fall out and only 2 mat shades. I wish Urban Decay would change the formulation and turn most shades from 'glittery' to 'mat'. Girls: spend your money in a better quality pallete, even with less colour, but with a better pay-back. For me this was a big "much ado about
nothing"...:-(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Hysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wasn't actually expecting a lot from this palette, i just wanted a range of different neutral eyeshadows of decent quality. Which "naked" is not, even though the concept is super nice. That's why:
-seriously, it's TOO MUCH GLITTER! It's not that silky tiny shimmers, it is seriously a cheap tacky glitter not even a teenager would wear
- only two matte shades
-many colours seem alike
-massive fallout
- packaging is not convinient to use and the velvet will catch lint
- not that it matters, since i have professional brushes, but the brush suck
Overall - only 4 colours turned out to be wearable for me. Advice to all - spend your money on a nice 4-colour Dior palette for the same price and uncompareable quality.

oh, and the UDPP is nice)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupmom4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this palette. I'm normally not a fan of neutral eyeshadows, but this is the exception. The colors go on like silk, and are gorgeous. The brush included is surprisingly good quality too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kirstyngant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absoutley loveeeeeeeeeeeee this pallete is so gorgeous ! And the quality is amazing! My favorite pallete ever ! The price is expensive but its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by franticshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably one of the best eye shadow palettes I've bought so far. First i think the packaging is great, its long and narrow, great for your makeup bag. The fabric is a soft burgandy velvet with gold text. looks very expensive. Inside there is a mirror with 12 neautral shadows, some matte and some with shimmer. The palette also comes with a proffesional brush and primer potion. these shadows are fantastic and if you use the primer, last all day. The set is on the pricey side but DEFINATLEY worth it! these shadows will last ages but i would definatley re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My BF just bought this for me during our weekend away and wow, I'm so impressed with this palette! Have been using it everyday since. Love how you can create soft, everyday looks and also darker, smokey looks. All the colors are amazingly pigmented, last all day, and I love all of them with the exception of Sidecar which is beautiful but has really weird specks of glitter fallout like you wouldn't believe! I would suggest doing your eyes first before doing your foundations because the glitter gets EVERYWHERE! But otherwise the color itself is absolutely beautiful. Another thing I like is that you can do your entire look with only this palette and I don't have to reach for another color for my highlight as Virgin is purrrrrrfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by coralperfection

This product is absolutely amazing, the best palette I ever tried! The colors are all super pigmented, extremely wearable, easily applied, perfect! The colors can easily be used for casual occasions to special occasions, from day to night. This palette is perfect for anyone!

The packaging [brown velvet] is extremely luxurious also.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by camerrim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This amazing product has been reviewed enough, but I can't help myself. I am terrible at applying eyeshadows, but this is all so fool proof and blendable that even I can do it. You don't have to be as knowledgable as every one else on this board in order to make this palette work; it is perfect for amateurs like myself. I'm so happy I invested in this, I look professional but, if I do say so myself, gorgeous at work. Can't wait to attempt to do a smokey eye with gunmetal, maybe it'll work this time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product before Sephora put it on the shelves (I just happened to know they had it in the back). I have been using this almost everyday. It is so easy to make the natural look I want for work everyday. Don't get me wrong I love crazy vibrant colors like Sugarpill has to offer, but on a day to day basis that is not practical for me. The UD Naked palette is a basic must have for all you lovely ladies out there. If you are a new comer to the world of make up you can find hundreds of tutorials using this palette. When I travel this is the only palette I need to take to cover all occasions. The colors are really pigmented and blend-able. You could create a dramatic eye or an innocent flirty eye. I find new uses for this one all the time. My only complaint, and the reason I took a lippie off is, that some of the more shimmery colors tend to have fall out. I have found this to be the case with UD in general. I guess that is why UDPP is here to save the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

OK OK, after months of Youtube raves and temptation, I finally gave in and got Naked. About time, too.

First off, it's Urban Decay, which means that the shadows are going to be of excellent quality. Extremely pigmented, glorious, beautiful. The color choice, too, is terrific. You've got your yellow-brown-toned neutrals, but then you've got some GORGEOUS pinks (omg, so much <3 for Toasted) and even a purple.

I use this palette for work, then add some darker colors for nighttime. You can do almost everything with this palette except join the circus, I swear.

HOWEVER, Sidecar. WTF is with this color? It doesn't show up at all on me (maybe too close to the UDPP color?) and seems kind of...pointless. But that's only 1/12 colors, which isn't enough for me to knock off a star.

And the brush? Kind of "meh". Not great, but usable.