Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/11/2011 11:12:00 AM

Love the pallet, but I also wish UD would make a matte version. The shimmer is not as suitable for daytime. Favorites are Dark Horse, Virgin, and Hustle. Haven't tried Creep or Gunmetal. Sidecar is very flashy, good for a special night. I love to wear Dark Horse in the crease, and Virgin or Sin as a highlight.

on 12/10/2011 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I only recently bought this palette, as it wasn't made available in my country until a few months ago (Urban Decay wasn't even available here until a year ago). Of course I've seen all the videos on Youtube raving about this palette, as well as all the blogposts. I didn't buy it online because I wanted to see this palette in person, but I bought it as soon as I had swatched the colours. I'm quite fair, about an NW15 and I agree with previous reviewers that this palette is quite warm and that most colours are somewhat dark. However, since I have dark eyes, eyebrows and hair, I can wear darker colours without it looking too harsh. I really like this palette. I use all the colours and I like them all. Fall out is not that much of a problem for me, as long as I tap my brush before I apply the shadow. All shadows are very pigmented and blend nicely. Do I feel that you have to have this palette? No, absolutely not. Do I think that this palette contains all the eyeshadows you need? Definitely not. I like this palette, but if I do an eyeshadow look using multiple eyeshadows, I almost always combine the shadows in this palette with some of my MAC shadows (usually matte ones). I actually really like the packaging. I love the feel of it and I think it's pretty sturdy, so no problems there.
Update 2/10/2012: I still really like this palette, however, I don't often reach for it. It is too warm for my pale skin during the winter. I can wear some of the colours, but not all of them, and I often have to combine them with my MAC eyeshadows in order to make a look work with my skintone at the moment. I'm sure I will get more use out of this palette during the spring and summer.
Update 3/11/2013: Even though I really loved this palette, I didn't reach for it very often and I ended up giving it to someone else (who was very happy with it and uses it a lot). I still think the colours and texture are beautiful, but I wouldn't buy it again for myself.

Pale girls, stop wearing this palette. You look harsh and you've wasted your money.

Non-pale girls, stop wearing this palette. You look too glittery and you've wasted your money.

I know people will vote this review down - notice that every negative review, no matter how objective, has at least a few unhelpful votes? That should say something about the sheep mentality surrounding this palette.

I'm NW15 and I got this as a gift from someone very dear who knows I like makeup. I see her often, so I gave this palette a try for two months. I absolutely hate it. Two out of the twelve colors are very nice on their own. Overall, the shade range is terrible. Every other color looks like a play on the last one, and it doesn't help that hardly any are matte. The consistency is bad. Glittery, frosty cheeks often occur as a result of wearing this palette. One of mine also crumbled really badly and was a pain to clean off of my counter. And the packaging is a disaster. After two months, it's all bent and dirty looking. Really trashy looking for $48. Granted I did spend the money myself, but I feel bad for my friend.

Every fair-skinned girl that I see wearing this just doesn't look right in the colors. I think if you're fair and insist on using these, use one shade at a time and incorporate it with something more warm. I tried blending three of these together the first day I got it, and was horrified when I looked in the mirror at Nordstrom later that day - I looked so harsh, and I consider myself to be quite skilled at eyeshadow application.

I love Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliners, 24/7 Shadow Pencils, Primer Potion, Deluxe Eye Shadows, setting sprays, and Feminine Palette. I think Urban Decay is great. I think the Naked palette is a big waste of money unless you have a certain skin tone (though I'm not sure what) and don't mind a limited amount of very glittery shades prone to fall-out. I think there are many other offerings out there that a person could buy for a 'go-to' palette good for everyday or travel. This isn't one of them. I think I'd rather bite the bullet and make a custom MAC palette than be saddled with this one any longer.

on 12/9/2011 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this palette. I wish there were more matte colours but still nice. I use this palette a lot, sometimes in conjunction with my LM matte colours. I bought a Naked Palette for my mum and my sister (hope they will like it). I use the brush it came with for concealer, don' think its good as eyeshadow brush. Although I really like the palette, I HATE the packaging, its cheap and collects dirt. The Naked 2 seems to be more sturdy packaging. The colours are just right for me, not cold but not mega warm either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Im amazed at all the raves about ud naked palette.! I personally think that WnW color icon trios are much versatile and wayy cheaper. I would return this palette back to sephora but i feel bad because i opened it. I think this palette is too warm. And in daylight. The shadows looks horrific. Looks like i got 99cents shadow on my lid. Wayy to satiny and too much sheen. The brush it came w/ works just the same as eco tools eye shader brush. That cost like $4. I find myself using my Wet n wild trios way more than this palette. & i hate to say it because ud naked palette is super expensive while the wnw is dirt cheap but have the same quality. The only downfall is that wnw packaging is mad ugly. Well who cares. U wont be showing your man that you use fancy stuff. As long as the colors look fancy, who knows what brand the makeup is!

* this is definately not a must have*

on 12/7/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this palette. I use this palette most of the time. The brush is nice, and the shadows apply smoothly.

on 12/7/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After hearing, seeing, reading all the hype surrounding this product, I started comparing products. Ulta had an end cap filled with eye palettes of similar colors. Urban Decay, Smashbox, Stila, Lorac, Too Faced, and a couple of others. With an eye shadow brush, I started swiping similar colors, especially the bronzes and golds from each palette on my hand. I noticed Stilas was very powdery, more than the others and the powder was just flaking off of my skin. I already own Too Faced Natural Eye Palette and have found this is a very good palette, but a few of the colors have glitter fallout like crazy. Lorac was pretty good, but not amazingly pigmented. I swatched some from Smashbox's Be Discovered Holiday Palette on my hand. That is a big palette with brushes, eye shadows, blushes, lip gloss and creme liners on sale for $45 with an extra set of free brushes. Sounded too good to be true, and when I tried the colors they were very soft, non metallic and very low on shimmer, but not very pigmented. Not what I was looking for and it didn't have a color even close to Half Baked from UD Naked which is a shimmery golden color. I decided, of course, to get the Naked Palette after being convinced that it was the best of the bunch. There is hardly another palette like it where I enjoy every color. All of the shadows are complementary to each other and are beautiful and blendable. Very long lasting, as well. The brush included is a contoured brush that is very soft and it comes with a tiny sample of primer that is the same volume as my Too Faced free sample. With my purchase, I also received a free purple glitter eyeliner at Ulta. That was nice and a good eyeliner as well!

Okay, okay, okay! It was worth the hype. It is a luxury product. I'm still uncomfortable with the $48 price tag. But, if you're a shadow girl like I am, this is the product to get. I wouldn't waste my money on the newest Book of Shadows. Why? It's gorgeous but the shadows are half the size because they throw in a lot of other stuff to make it seem worth $64 including a portable speaker? Sorry, if I want to listen to music, I'll turn on the radio or something. And, since I liked the Baked shadow (a lovely gold darker than Half Baked) so much from the Book of Shadows I just purchased the pan separately and will use it in conjunction with the Naked Palette. Yeah, the two items almost cost about as much as the Book of Shadows, but I got exactly what I wanted. No more, no less.

on 12/7/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, I think this is a great palette with high quality eye shadows. The looks I can create look professionally done and last all day with the primer. The only issues I have with the palette are that many of the shades are too similar to one another and look the same once applied, and there could be one or two more matte shades in the palette. My favorite shadows are sin and toasted. I really do feel that the price is not outrageous considering all the shadows and primer and quality brush.

on 12/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely adore the Naked Palette. It is very creamy, highly pigmented, and just overall wonderful. To be honest, I bought it because a girl on Facebook was making constant statuses about the "hunt" for the NP. She went to many different stores to find it. After all of that, I decided to give it go, since at the time, was my first department store makeup purchase. Best move I've ever made. Now I have my best friend and even my mom hooked on it. Finally, I love the brush it comes with.

on 12/7/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this palette. If I could only own one eyeshadow palette, Naked would be it for all the reasons other commenters have written.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804