Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/18/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my favourite urban decay eyeshadow palette by far! Some people do say that is is quite expensive but I think the opposite.. it has 12 full sized eyeshadows in it, and they are all worth 13.00 each, but this sells for 35.00 in England, so really it is a great deal. Some of the colours, like sidecar, are a little glittery to wear in the day time, but lots are perfectly wearable as a daytime look. My personal favourites are buck, smog and darkhorse, they are gorgeous colours. The only problem I have is the velvety packaging, it can get a bit annoying and grubby.

on 12/18/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Sucks! IMO this was not worth $48!!! minus Buck & Naked e/s the rest consist of to much shimmer & had to much fall out, it looked horrible on me. I gave this palette a whole 2 weeks to convince me before I returned it for my money back, I reached for it less & less as the days went by. I prefer my Sonia Kashuk Neutral palette or NYX Caviar&Bubbles over this palette. I don't know what all the hype was about with it. With the primer potion these shadows still looked chalky, Toasted was the only e/s that was decent in this palette. Never again.

on 12/18/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is a great buy for three types of people.
1. A person who likes neutral eyeshadows
2. A person who collects makeup products
3. A person who is new to makeup

The eyeshadow colors are great. Urban Decay has continuously comes out with solid shadows and finishes. The finishes range from matte, shimmer to frost. Surprisingly there are no glittery shadows in this palette. This comes as a shock since the brand often goes glitter happy with some of their shadows. The textures of the shadows are buttery, pigmented, and blendable. The extras such as the eyeliner/eye brush and primer are a great addition to the package. The packaging is sleek, the velvety material is quite lovely. There is a small mirror which takes up 2/3 of the palette which makes it a great item to bring during vacations and travelling. Keep in mind however that the shadows are easily dupeable in both high end and drug store brands. At this point it comes down to preference pots vs palettes. Most likely I would be purchasing colors such as Sin and Naked in pot form, Whiskey or Zero eyeliner, and UDPP since these provide the best combination for an easy natural look and these are the items I reach for the most. Additionally, the colors and the palette itself is easily dupeable. Overall I do not regret purchasing the palette since it introduced me to many different colors I would not have tried otherwise. I will however not repurchase particularly because since I've found my favorites from this item. I am prepared to move on to just my favorites now. (i'm also in a consolidating mood so i'm ready to cut back)

on 12/18/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

im 17 and bought this a year ago and inm just starting to learn and pla with makeup(i know im a late one) its amazing ive learned so much with this and youtube. amazing<3

on 12/16/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this and the Naked 2 palette. After a week, the novelty has worn off and I have found myself still reaching for the bronzy side of my Kat Von D Ludwig palette.

I like this and the Naked 2, but I wouldn't repurchase as I am up to my eyeballs (pun intended) in eyeshadow.

I love this palette! I heard nothing but positive and great reviews about it so I thought I would treat myself. The colours are so nice, my favourite is definatly 'creep' you also get a lot of make up for your money. The free eyeshadow primer is also an added bonus :)

on 12/13/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After all the raves I finally bought it and I loved it! It took me a while to buy because I did not want to pay $48! But I got a coupon from sephora $15 off and I ended up paying 35! It was worth every penny!!!! I love this palette!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So yes, after reading countless rave reviews and watching numerous makeup tutorials using this palette, I finally gave in. It seems like a lot of money to spend on eyeshadow at one time (and it IS), but the value is incredible here. My palette came with the brush instead of the eyeliner, but I don't mind because it's actually an even better value, and it's a good brush. I can honestly say that I love every color in this palette, although I could live without the glittery fallout of Sidecar. But overall, I am very impressed with these eyeshadows. The pigmentation is excellent and the texture is buttery, and they're easy to blend. I also really love the versatility. Some critics say that it isn't versatile enough, but I guess it depends on one's expectations. I didn't purchase this expecting it to be the ONLY palette I'd need to do my makeup. I purchased this because I wanted several beautiful, high quality eyeshadows for a reasonable price, and that's exactly what this is. I could say that throwing in a few more matte colors would be an improvement, but again, I wasn't expecting this to serve every eyeshadow need (that's what custom palettes are for). Plus, I love all of the colors in the palette and already own other matte eyeshadows. My reasons for subtracting one lippie:
1) The packaging, which I'm sad to say because it's part of what drew me in, and the look and feel is gorgeous. The problem is, I know the velvet is like a dust magnet and not the easiest to clean. Also, the magnetic closure is not secure enough, nor is the cardboard sturdy enough for my liking. I know I'm going to have this palette for a long time and be traveling with it, so these factors concern me.
2) This palette is versatile and suitable for many different people, but it's by no means universal. This isn't as much a criticism as it is something worth mentioning. Maybe this goes without saying, but this palette is not going to be for everyone. Very shimmery eyeshadows can emphasize crepiness and fine lines, so if those are concerns, then yeah, this may not be your best bet (but that goes for ANY shimmery makeup from ANY brand).
Overall, I love this palette, think it's a fantastic value, and have never regretted the purchase.

on 12/11/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Although this pallet is on the pricier side, I think it's well worth it because the shadows are of good quality (no fall out) and have good pigmentation. There are a range of colors that you can wear for day or night and it's really good for traveling cause you can just take the whole pallet instead of a bunch of eye shadow pods. This is definitely a pallet that I use everyday. I have sensitive skin and I did not get a reaction or eczema flare up on my eye lips after using these shadows. i would buy this pallet again but a little goes a long way.

on 12/11/2011 11:12:00 AM

Love the pallet, but I also wish UD would make a matte version. The shimmer is not as suitable for daytime. Favorites are Dark Horse, Virgin, and Hustle. Haven't tried Creep or Gunmetal. Sidecar is very flashy, good for a special night. I love to wear Dark Horse in the crease, and Virgin or Sin as a highlight.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches