Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 3/23/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this as a set with Purity Made Simple. Hope felt nice and smooth on the skin, but did not last all day (winter). By afternoon my face was dry and I had to reapply. Don't put it under your eyes, the stearic acid/benzyl alcohol will enhance fine lines. Overall, it wasn't worth the money, so it's back to my good ol' Olay!

ingredients:
Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate / Tetracaprate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Betaglucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 3/22/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

****** Changed my mind again. Summer came and my face began breaking out. It still didn't help with soothing and minimizing my fine lines around my eyes. Therefore, dropped my rating to a 2.

I bought this a year ago after hearing Oprah rave about it. I hated it and this was three years ago for some reason. At that time I thought it was too cheap to be the better creams out on the market. Since then I went thru Kinerase, then LeMer lotion, and then to LeMer Cream. One day several weeks ago I ran out of moisturizers so I was forced to use the year-old Hope in a Jar. I woke up surprised how calm, moisturized and bright my skin looked and felt. Still 3 weeks later I am very happy.

on 3/22/2008 2:38:00 AM

I'm at a loss with this product. On one hand, my skin looks FABULOUS when I use it. On the other hand, the vapors will sometimes irritate my eyes which is quite unpleasant. There definitely is some kind of smell though it doesn't really bother me that much; it DOES, however, bother my boyfriend. I would give this a 3.5 if I could but I can't. I do love the results so I'd probably repurchase but I'm sure the boyfriend won't be too happy about that.

on 3/21/2008 7:04:00 PM

I love this product and have been using it for about 3 years. My skin is in really good condition, clear, smooth and toned. I get regular compliments on my complexion too. I definitely recommend it.

on 3/20/2008 2:23:00 PM

Love this product, except for the feel as you put it on, it doesn't glide well. Wish it came in a pump. Nice amount of moisture on my combo skin, maybe not quite enough for cold winter days.

I accidentally bought the "dry and sensitive skin" version later. Hate that to pieces, WAY too greasy. They are NOT at all similar.

on 3/19/2008 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

no thank you! i have sensitive but acne-prone skin... this felt like i was putting vaseline on my face.... it smelled like mentol which doesnt bother me but the fact that i looked like an oil slick an hour after i had put it on... was not a good thing. not good for anyone with acne-prone skin... or oily tendencies. plus, who wants a jar for moisturizer? thats bacteria haven waiting to happen.

on 3/19/2008 3:25:00 PM

not good for acne prone peeps, its too oily, i wanted to love it, because i have a few friends that do, they are not acne prone!

on 3/18/2008 1:58:00 AM

This product had some benefits for my skin. I found it helped clear up some old acne scars quicker than prior moisturizers I'd been using. However, I could only ever use it at night (never dared wear it under make-up) because it is a little on the greasy side. The biggest problem with this product is that isolated bits of it (like the stuff that sat on the lid, or the product as I was nearing the bottom of the jar) tended to get thick quick. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it. But when there's a lot left, it glides on a lot easier. When it's running low, it gets stickier and harder to apply. I found the smell nothing out of the ordinary. On the whole, this product was pretty good as far as moisturizers go, but for the price... I'm not sure it's worth it.

on 3/17/2008 8:00:00 PM

I was regretfully sucked into the hype of this product. This stuff just sat on my skin when applied. I had to really rub it in for the white to disappear, then it just left my face a greasy mess. I could have saved my money and smeared my face with vaseline.

on 3/17/2008 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product was terrible! First it smelt like medicine, it made me completely break out... DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE ACNE PRONE SKIN! I use evian's oxygenating moisturizer, that's def the best moisturizer i've ever used, its oil free, doesn't clog ur pores and doesn't make ur face greasy at all... i hate philosophy for making me break out as bad as it did!! :(