October 21, 2014 | 2015 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I love this! It's the second foundation I've purchased (first was Nars Sheer Matte) and I absolutely love it. It's expensive ($40) but in my opinion it's worth every penny. I have dry cheeks and a slightly oily t-zone but with a primer (smashbox) this is amazing. It even covers most of my freckles! The coverage is great and looks like I have perfect skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by annab1239

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this make up with high expectations and was very dissapointed. I paid about 40 dollars which is quite a splurge for me. I need medium to full coverage which is what this product said it offered. When I applied it, I was NOT happy with the finish. I had to cake it on to get the coverage I wanted and it wore off after 3 hours. I do agree if you can build the right coverage your skin looks fantastic for photos and such. BUT it does not last long enough. Waste of my money in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I have mature, dryish skin and this foundation was a right pita when I first got it. Showed up every pore and bit of dry skin, but then I used about twice the amount on top of extremely moisturised skin, and it began to look a bit better. After a bit of massaging and buffing it looked pretty good. A little bit of powder and I was looking polished. It's a bit too demanding imo and needs a lot of effort before it begins to look really good, especially on the pore front in my case (in fact it highlighted pores on my cheeks I didn't even know I had!)
All in all a lot of work for a good result, just don't think I've got the patience in the long run tbh....

Edit - I'm a bit happier with this foundation once I used a smallish foundation brush (the Real Techniques core collection one). The pore problem disappeared completely! Still a bit too dry though...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by genevabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is the best. There's no way around it. Only thing is, bc its kind of expensive, I try to buy a cheaper foundation sometimes...but i always do come back to this one! So yea, that is my only complaint about it, its expensive. But other than that its perfect! Perfectly beautiful even coverage! No blotchiness ever. Cheaper foundations tend to get blotchy, this NEVER does.
**update** I forgot to mention that this foundation comes in sooo many different colors, that you are sure to find an exact match. Drug store foundations never seem to match my skin. They are either too pale or too dark. Personally, I think foundation is the type of thing you just cant cheap out on. Also, I noticed a few people say that its not good for dry skin. Well, that's weird because my skin is dry...and I have no problem with this foundation looking flaky or what not. It is pretty smooth and silky on my skin! But maybe that is bc I moisturize a lot and always apply a primer before?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by marimic1

This a very good foundation. I keep purchasing it now and there and only because it's a little pricy do I sometimes switch to another brand but I have to say I keep going back to it in the last 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I have mixed feelings about this foundation so I'll just make a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
*Lightweight but buildable coverage
* Doesn't feel heavy
*Doesn't sink into pores/scars
*Gives my skin a healthy, natural look
*Great color selection (120 is about a perfect match for my NC20 skin)
*Photographs very well

Cons:
*Very expensive
*Lasting power isn't very good
*Causes breakouts if I wear it daily

Overall I do like it for when I know I'll be photographed or I want my skin to look natural, but its definetly not an everyday foundation for me. It does cover my redness and acne scars well without being too heavy. I will use what I have but I don't think I would repurchase. I need a more longwearing foundation and something that isn't so pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by trinadawn

I find the coverage on this to be great, I smooth it on and it covers all the imperfections without looking too heavy. I hardly need any concealer at all after using this and just a light dusting of powder to finish it off!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by beeyoutiful

It is kind of an invisible coverage... And I have a lot of redness and scars that I need to cover up. It is buildable, but I find that I have to use a lot to get the coverage that I need... which just wastes product! And it is also very expensive. It does however feel very light weight, and is good for the summer time if you don't want to wear much foundation or make it feel like you're not. I would not wear it during winter. As for packaging, it's cute but the lid is very large and my cap tends to be squeaky and i have to pump it a few times to get product out... and it's still almost a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stephydear

This foundation has great buildable coverage without looking cakey, looks amazing in pictures, and lasts all day IF you use a good primer like Smashbox Photo Finish or Benefit The POREfessional. I would have given it 5 stars if it didn't need a primer so much. The lightest shade is a perfect match for me (which is my biggest makeup challenge) as I'm super fair with a cool undertone. I've used it in both very dry and super humid climates, and it's great for both. Just use a setting mist like ELF's if you live someplace humid. You definitely get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY oily skin & there are in fact very few liquid foundations that I can use. MAC Pro Longwear & Revlon Colorstay happen to be the only 2 liquid foundations that I would even think about wearing..... UNTIL..... this! I couldn't help but become interested in this foundation namely because of the numerous rave reviews worldwide on this product. Also, the packaging is perfect. If someone were to tell me to design a liquid foundation bottle, then this would be it! THE BEST & most user friendly bottle I've ever dealt with. As for the formula.... It actually blends in with one's own skin. It's as if your skin looks flawless yet natural, & it also doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. I really was floored by this product. I get the same flawless coverage as I do from the MAC Pro Longwear & the Revlon CS, but my face doesn't really look like I'm wearing foundation. Revlon CS does in fact look like I'm wearing foundation, & I'm a pro at blending. This HD foundation is effortless. I feel as if it's mistake-proof. This liquid also dries down to a beautifu, matte & transfer resistant finish. I have very oily skin & I've been wearing this makeup throughout my 1 hour long work-out sessions & then going outside in the 100 degree heat. My makeup still looks good when I get home. How the heck can that be???? The secret is this HD foundation. I know it may seem pricey, but I think that this will be my new HG foundation...