Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/23/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like many others, I REALLY wanted to love this product. I purchased the 140 ( I'm a MAC NC-30-35) Olive under tones, and this color was the best match although a bit too light, or pinkish? I purchased the primer in clear and yellow, and the finishing powder. I applied it with my MAC brush, and it doesn't cover at all! I shook it up well, and tried to build coverage, but it is super streaky and looks awful! I can't figure it out!! I'm definitely returning this!

on 9/20/2011 11:52:00 PM

This product is definitely not for me. I have combination to oily skin and live in a humid climate. I went to sephora and asked for a recommendation, and everyone there rave on this foundation. Maybe I'm just the oddball here, but I was less than impressed. Poor coverage, even when I tried to build it. Could not match my color correctly and ended up looking like a ghost. The shade higher was entirely too golden and looked ridiculous. The sephora associate recommend the purchasing the lighter shade and using a bronzer. Ergo, I looked like a ghost wearing bronzer.
Consistency of the product was too watery and left me streaky. Soon after applying this foundation, I found that it would begin to separate and just sit on my skin. It would eventually settle into my pores. I tried to like this product. I used the matching primer and powder to complete the regimen since product lines generally work best when used together. I mixed and matched various powders and primers of other brands with this foundation as well. I hate to say that I never found a combination that worked. Over half a bottle of this foundation is now in a basket under my bathroom sink with the other rejects that I just couldn't force myself to finish using. For certain skin types, I'm sure this foundation is amazing. For me, I will have to pass. I will obviously not be repurchasing.

on 9/18/2011 11:14:00 AM

OMG, where has this been all my life? I am a foundation junky... I have at least 14 bottles of foundation on my shelf, high end, low end you name it, since I have extremely high demanding skin that doesnt tolerate alot..., including dior nude glow (too orangy, and heavy), MAC (breaks me out..) Bourjouis healthy mix serum (LOVE, but unfortunatly breaks me out as well) Revlon colorstay (is nice, but it looks like it sits on my skin... and not blended with it) Shiseido tanning compact foundation (lovely for summer/beach!) Rituals gemstone makeup (initially loved it.. but looking closely sits on my skin :( ) Clinique perfectly real (used to my fave.. but lately makes me look shiney lijke crazy) Estee lauder double wear (my old time fave.. still like it when I need a lot of coverage.. fortunalty I dont need that anymore *cross my fingers*)

as you can see its a lot.. and its not even all I've tried... now to MUFE HD.. ive been wanting to try this for a verrrry long time.... I caved last week at Sephora.. and its TRUE LOVE! it blends with my own skin like no other.. it just looks like my skin, but better! i cant even see i'm wearing it! makes my skin flawless.. only need some powder on my forehead and chin, and leaves the rest of my face with a soft dewy, healthy glow.. now I find this to have an OK staying power without primer, but with primer its perfect (the only foundation for me that really stays even without primer is EL daywear...) only thing i hate, is the color range.. you might thing WTH? well, here in holland, you only have about 7 colors.... so... yeah.. you get my point.. cant wait to go back to the us to see if there's an even better color match (even though my current 125 is a dream.. and I was lucky to find a match with such limited colors) The color is very forgiving, it still fits me if i'm 2 shades darker/lighter, without looking ghostly or like i'm wearing a tanning mask. for refference, I'm an NC30-ish, but NC20 in winter. Another thing that i dont like is the price.. here in a holland a bottle is around 44 euros ($60) but it's so worth it. I was lucky to buy it when there was a makeup sale for 30 euros ($40) which made it much more reasonable.

I apply it with a Zoeva biffer brush (which is AMAZING btw.. will be reviewing it next)

I've never ever wrote such a long review before, but this product is so worth it.. i'm sorry for the people who hate it, and it doesnt work with their skin.. cause its absolutely true love! HG!

on 9/16/2011 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a good foundation for pictures, and this is what i was told would be amazing. And it is. The coverage is lovely, you can wear it sheerer or build it up. I apply it with the Real tecniques stippling brush, and it makes it flawless. I was concered this would make me break out, but it has mixed with my skin fine. I find if you are oily and dont wear a primer or an oil control mattifer, you will get shiny. Its unavoidable, but that should not take away how nice this is. The price is high, and i searched for a cheaper alternative, but came back to this in the end. You must try if you are looking for a new foundation.

on 9/14/2011 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THIS FOUNDATION A LOT BUT, SADLY ... I didnt.... the reason why is if i had any situations that would threaten my make up .. like humid weather, oillines .... it wouldnt even put up a good fight ... plus it tends to slip off like the tops of your pimples .. which is the thing i want to cover most but, it would look nice for 30 mins then for get it ... i have less acne now and oily but, i still wouldnt reconmend it. Oh well...

Hopes this helps someone .. :)

May God Bless You ! !

on 9/14/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The BEST foundation I ever tried and I tried a good deal. Completely invisible, light-weight and mimics perfectly your own skin. Since I purchased Mufe HD Foundation I don´t want anything else.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i got the foundation, and it isn't really worth the price. I have the L'Oreal mousse foundation and this...I always pick the mousse over this. Isn't worth the price. I won't be re purchasing.
Oh, and the top always falls off in my purse.

on 9/9/2011 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered this in Light from QVC kit and could not find a color number like on Sephora. Anyway, the light worked well for me. It was nearly undetectable in bright sunlight. I thought it covered well for my purposes (mostly clear skin with some redness, minor acne and no age spots). I used the primer, the foundation, the concealer, and the powder and was initially impressed. It smoothed out my skin beautifully and my husband even commented on it. I actually looked like I had good skin. I was sold....until the end of the day. My face became unusually oily as the day went on, so I don't think the powder was doing a good job for the price. The foundation did not last either. It seemed to slip off my skin and it did not look as well at night as it did in the morning. I am going back to my Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage foundation in light. It gave a similar look but it balanced my skin and lasted all day. Due to the price and length of performance, I will not likely repurchase this product.

on 9/9/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation because of the selection of shades on the light side. I can understand why someone with a darker skin tone would have trouble finding the right shade, but I am usually too fair for the lightest shade in most foundations.
I am actually the second lightest shade (!) and I love the coverage. I apply it with a kabuki brush and it blends perfectly. The foundation stays on for a long time, especially when set with powder.
This foundation is also in a pump form, which is really important in keeping the makeup clean and not depositing germs into the bottle. Do not even consider getting a foundation without this packaging.
The price is a deterrent, but the quality cannot be beaten.

on 9/9/2011 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted to like this fondation soo much. There is so much hype surrounding this fondation. Note the journey i took , while trying my best to make this foundation work: I tried a sample of the 177 it was too dark. Then i tried a sample of the 173 it was too light. I then mixed in some 177 with 173. The color match was closer but no dice. the coverage was very matte and it gave off a white caste( either because the color was wrong for me or because the formula was wrong for me) either way i didn't like this fondation at all. I wll say that it is a very fluid type liquid , almost watery and the coverage is buildable.

Video Reviews & Tutorials