Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 8/27/2005 1:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to think that mascara was mascara. I had been using drugstore brands for years and they all seem to work the same. I received the Lancôme Definicils Mascara sample with my Lancôme purchase and that's when I realized how wrong I was. After trying it out I fell in love with it. I now have full size versions of Black and Deep Brown. It separates, lengthens and defines my lashes. It doesn't smudge and stays put all day. It doesn't look spidery even after three coats (make sure to comb through lashes after each coat dries). It's great if you just want a natural look. I also use this as a base if I want a more dramatic lash. I apply one coat of Defincils then I follow with Lancôme Hypnose Mascara. The only thing I have problems with is that my lashes don't seem to hold a curl. I don't know if it's the mascara or if it's my lashes. I use a Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and my lashes will take the curl but after putting mascara on it looks like it did before I curled my lashes. Please feel free to contact me with any tips or suggestions anyone may have. I would definitely purchase this product again.

on 8/22/2005 4:50:00 PM

This mascara is really good, it defines my lashes very well and keeps them curled. They don't smudge at all. I've been using this Mascara for AGES until I found the L'Oreal Voluminous. You can get the same result with the L'Oreal as you would with the Lancome. Definicils IS great but honestly... with the price being like $30, Id rather pay like $8 for something taht would give me the same result.

on 8/18/2005 2:20:00 AM

I'm fond of mascara because I think it's the most effective lift-me-up, but I generally don't like those thick black lashes I see on most faces. This mascara is the perfect bet for me, it defines well without clumping my lashes, plus the black hue is subtle, not too black, so it doesn't look artificial. I would rate it more than 5.

on 8/16/2005 10:52:00 AM

I have long lashes and this gives me a spidery look. Plus I don't like that it is almost a "mini" mascara wand . I have often received definicils mascara with GWP and always try it again but end up throwing it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A good mascara that lengthens well and doesn't clump. However it doesn't volumize, so don't go for it if that's what you're looking for. Not my HG mascara but damn good anyway.

on 8/14/2005 10:13:00 AM

Excellent product. Mascara is a very personal thing- this one works for me because I only need it for color and a little length. If you need it for 'plumping,' this particular kind won't be for you.

on 8/13/2005 10:54:00 AM

I have always liked Definicils by Lancome. I am currently using it in Black.

The truth of the matter is that I have found great mascaras in drugstores, too, but if I happen to get a little tube of Definicils in my "goodie bag" from the Lancome counter after I've made a purchase, then I use it.
Definicils doesn't smudge too much and it is very black, reasonably shiny, and seems to curl with no effort. It's a mascara that has a lot of body - in my experience - and does not seem to need repeated applications. It comes off fairly easily although not as easy as Lamcome's Magicils which comes off in a snap with just water.

on 8/12/2005 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used this mascara for about a year. During that time, I noticed that my eye lashes were falling out & getting to be a little thin (I have fairly thick lashes). I heard that sometimes certain mascara's can cause this problem. After I stopped using it, my lashes returned to their normal thickness. I will NEVER use this product again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's great for getting all of your lashes but it's not a great mascara if you want that wow!great lashes look. I use it as a base coat as it gets at all your lashes and provides the perfect base for a thickening and lengthening mascara to layer on top. I'd buy it again for use as a base coat.

on 8/8/2005 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do love this mascara, but I always feel bad when I have to throw it away because it's so expensive! I use L'Oreal voluminous and then I don't feel bad when I have to throw it out after 1-2 months use. I usually try to get the sample size of this in the gift with purchase and between that and the L'Oreal, I have avoided buying an expensive mascara that to me isn't worth the price.

Popular Mascaras