September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mel33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST MOISTURIZER EVER!!! i use this for everything. i use it as a body moisturizer, a hair conditioner, to remove eye makeup, in food, and in the bath tub (highly recomend this for silky skin). it absorbs more easily than lotion for me, and it's a lot cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by TallGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have for students on a budget. I can do just about everything with it. I use it like everyone else, as eye makeup remover, cleanser, hair treatment, and type of moisturizing basically. It absorbs better than baby oil to me, and is much more moisturizing. I recently just came to Sweden for a one year exchange program and was only allowed 20kg of luggage. EVOO is a savior! The change in climate resulted in a minor breakout, but it healed fast with the help of olive + jojoba oil OCM. Oh, I also use it to shave my legs! Forget about those messy pricey shaving creams, this gives me the smooooooothest shave. Tastes great, too! Add some cheese, salt, and pepper for a great, healthy salad dressing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am African American and a few years ago when I dyed my hair blonde I was concerned about breakage, and started using olive oil as a hair oil (after a recommendation). I had longer hair then and weekly, after a good wash and conditioning, I would heat a small amount of olive oil in the microwave in a bowl, then part my hair in sections, apply the warm oil to my scalp and rub some of the remainder on the hair to the ends, then wrap my hair in a silk scarf and go to bed. And wake up to beautiful, healthy, shiny hair. People often complimented me and wondered how I could keep such a damaging color in my hair. Since then, I use olive oil on my skin (if I'm out of baby oil :-P) and still use it on my hair. Currently my hair is naturally curly and only a couple inches long (and blonde yet again). So, I put some oil in a measuring cup, heat it up, pour it on, let it trickle around on my scalp, then massage it in. And when I'm being responsible, I'll still put a scarf on. If not, I just do another treatment a few days later. I prefer EVOO to regular, but it's all in your own preference.

EDIT 10/28/08: I don't know if its been stress or the fact that I'm easing up closer to 30 or both, but over the last 6 months, my face went absolutely crazy on me. It was excessively oil in the T-zone, the pores around my nose and inner cheek area have become enlarged and cystic acne broke out every where. :-( In August I started using EVOO to remove my makeup (I'm almost scared to jinx myself saying this...) and its been a God send. It actually balanced out the oils so well that on my nose (the oiliest area), most days I don't even need blotting tissues. It seems to keep breakouts at bay and I have not had a cystic pimple since (fingers crossed). The first two weeks I did have a purging breakout along my chin area, but that cleared up within a week and hasn't happened again. As many years as I've been using EVOO on my hair and body, I never knew I could use it on my face. I wish I would've found out sooner....then I probably wouldn't be battling all this post-pimple breakout hyperpigmentation. (anybody got miracle products for that???)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaDP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IT!!!

So there is NO product I have ever tried that removes eye makeup with the ease of olive oil. AND, by the way, the little lines that are starting to develop around my eys just plump right up and fill in when I use it.

I use it for an all over cleanser, and then wash off the excess oil with a very mild cleanser (okay I admit it, I use a bar of soap..) or on a dry day, I just blot it off. I don't believe it is a natural sunscreen though... my makeup has sunscreen so I'm not tooooo concerned with that.

I don't become oily, nor dry. I do have rather normal skin though. I think In the winter I will only use it as a cleanser and go back to my regular moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by missionarymaggie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did nothing for my face although I like it for my skin, along with Gold Bond. I also like it for my hair. About once a week, I rub some into my scalp and then into the ends of my hair just before I start my half hour workout routine. Then I just shampoo and condition as normal and it adds that extra bit of softness my hair needs up here. Up here being north of the arctic circle in Alaska. Talk about wind and weather damage!

However, I tried it as a night cream on my face and it just sat there. Some rubbed off on my pillowcases but in the morning my forehead would still be oily. It did not soak in or soften my skin.

I'll keep buying it since I cook with it and like it on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Olive oil is great! I use this in my home-made shea butter face cream along with jojoba oil and it is superb. I also use it in my homemade sugar scrub that I use on my face and body - again, superb and very moisturizing. The extra-virgin has a good amount of anti-oxidants too which are good for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank goodness for Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. I use it everynight for that purpose. I have sensitive skin and when I need to use something really mild I use plain yogurt and olive oil. It's the most non irritating cleanser I can think of. Olive oil is a great facial makeup remover also. You can use it for that purpose and then use your favorite cleanser. I sometimes use it as a moisturizer after toning with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar(only at bedtime). Sometimes the simple natural approach works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont use this often but i am prone to having the weirdest, most stubborn dry patches which DO NOT GO AWAY!!!! But my holygrail secret is olive oil. It doesnt make you breakout at all and moisturizes like a dream. you can try putting a hot damp washcloth on the area to make your skin soak it up even more but i rarely need to as it moisturizes so well anyway. and also, you can apply makeup straight away and NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN. love it. love it. love it. HG. HG. HG!
edit: ive started using this as cleanser and it works like a charm to remove the makeup and leaves me with a moisturized and radiant glow. i also had a keratosis pilaris rash on the bottoms of my cheeks near the jawline which had previously gone away so i was shocked to find it come up so violently and so suddenly. olive oil has totally cured this. id say that i use it twice a week or so and definately after ive worn alot of makeup.sometimes i even use it in my body to get rid of the excma and make my skin look really smooth and moisturized. it just smells a bit but its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rackelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Listen up all pregnant ladies!!A dermatologist/aromotherapist friend of mine told me to use pure medical grade olive oil (can be bought in any pharmacy)on my bump instead of an expensive cream/oil. WEll, i did, and the result is - not one single stretch mark and my baby has the most beautiful skin ever!! I cannot explain how good this is - also, I have a very dry flakey scalp, and use it as an overnight treatment - magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by katmish

I just started using this this winter - my combination skin gets windburned and dry in places and this was one of the ONLY things I found that soothed it without making me break out. It also helps when my skin is aggravated from using strong exfoliants or other products. I like grapeseed oil too, but olive oil is more moisturizing IMO - grapeseed is better for non-winter months. You can also use it as a facial cleanser (see my notepad for some information on this). I add one or two drops of lavender oil to approximately 2 ounces of olive oil because I'm not crazy about the smell.