Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this for ocm and my face had slightly burning sensation while massaging and after I cleaned it off, my face was red and started itching...afterwards I continued to react with bumps...I tried the organic variety...but it's too strong and thick for my skin. I have ultra-sensitive, combination skin prone to blocked pores and breakouts if irritated. I find sweet almond oil much more gentler and lighter, and my skin has started improving since using this.

on 6/14/2007 12:26:00 PM

I'd give this 5 for body, 3 for face if possible -

Body:

I slather myself in it before a shower and then apply more before I shave my legs, works wonders and it's the closest i've ever come (in 10 years of razor use) to not getting any red shaving bumps. My skin currently looks glowing and healthy thanks to EVOO - I hadn't previously bothered with the skin on my body much, thinking it could only look so good, but this has been fantastic and has really made a difference.

Face:

A great cleanser and removes all eye makeup. However I tried leaving traces of this on as a moisturizer and it clogged my pores terribly (though I am very clog-prone anyway), so for other OSNWs, i'd recommend rinsing well away with a foaming cleanser.

on 5/27/2007 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great for moisturizing thigh and after shaven legs. I don't find regular lotion sufficient to moisturize those areas. But Olive Oil gets rid of those uncomfortable tight feeling quite easily. Highly Recommended.

on 5/15/2007 12:05:00 AM

Absolutely spectacular. Since using this little gem from my kitchen cupboard as a body treatment, my skin is like satin. I followed the advice of other reviewers and slathered it on from top to toe before jumping into a steaming shower. With my legs still covered in oil, I ran my Gillette Venus razor over them, and experienced a gloriously close shave (i.e., none of my usual rashes or irritation), then washed with Johnson's Baby Milk Bath. I would have thought that cleaning the oil off so soon after putting it on would render the effects useless, but not so! My skin was smooth as a baby's and remained that way until my next shower. Personally, I wouldn't recommend using it as a post-shower body oil, since the smell is pretty intense. As others have mentioned, this product is a fabulous make-up remover, and I am planning to put it to further good use by mixing it with sugar as a scrub, soaking my nails in it, using it as a bath oil (which is Sophia Loren's body treatment of choice). I have complete faith in its abilities to perform well in a number of different capacities. What a brilliant little find!

on 5/13/2007 6:39:00 AM

Well, what to say... I really wanted to like this product as a face cleansing method. I have quite easy, combinated skin and I was on the look out for a way of cleansing that isnt too drying, and does a little extra for the skin. The use of plain e.v. olive oil seemed to be just that!
I really liked the natural aspect of it, and it also felt nice on my skin, didnt mind any smell either... But, after using it for about a week, I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe its just too greasy for my skin type, or I've used it incorrectly. Either way, I feel like in the past week I've been broken out more than I regularly do. I must say it's also the time of month...if you know what I mean...so honestly I dont know really what caused it. My skin feels soft and moisturised tough. Maybe I'll give it another try for one more week, and update.
I used it like this: putting a little amount of evoo on a cotton pad, and smeared it all over my (dry) face. After a short while, I rinsed my face with plain (cold) water.
I didnt do a good job removing my mascara either (the only make up I use, MaxFactor MAX).
UPDATE: Since I've quit cleaning my face with olive oil, my break-outs all disappeared. So I guess EVOO really isnt for me (I take one lippy of)

on 5/4/2007 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to have dry, pale lips but not anymore! My mother told me that EVOO was good for dry skin and lips and that I should put it on sometimes. I didn't want to because the thought of putting oil on my skin was ridiculous and besides, it's so greasy. But anyway, I eventually decided to try it. Every night before bed, I dab some on my lips and in the morning I noticed that it was super soft and pink! I never had naturally pink lips before. Also, I tried removing makeup with this, and I must admit that it worked so much better than those expensive makeup removing cloths. I do have to use my facial cleanser immediately after since water doesn't clean off all the oil for me. My skin is so soft, clean, and looks poreless. I absolutely love it!

on 5/2/2007 4:23:00 PM

Being Italian and used to add olive oil to my food...it seems so strange to put it on the face !
But, one of my collegue told be about her grandmother and her habit to use olive oil on the skin and I decided to try !
I use it only on the face (since I use extra virgin, I couldn't bear that strong fragrance on all my body or hair !!) and the results are great ! I put it on, leave for some hours and then clean with a toner before going to bed. The day after skin is super soft and glowing !!! Of course I keep loving it on salads and vegetable soups ! :-P yummmm...
Ps I put some in a little bottle so that it is nicer to see in the bathroom
continued >>

on 4/25/2007 12:44:00 AM

I firmly believe that I got away with pregnancy and NO stretch marks due to olive oil. It was the best moisturizer on my hyper-sensitive skin.

on 4/18/2007 1:51:00 AM

This is most worthy of its title "LIQUID GOLD"! It is my all around HG! Great for SO many things.

*Note to nursing moms: 2 Tbsp. EVOO + 8 drops lavender oil + 8 drops tea tree oil works WONDERS for sore nipples AND preventing/treating thrush.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

the more natural the better! i don't use it as a moisturizer i use it to remove my makeup and it works wonders it has made my skin alot smoother and it's super cheap

Popular Moisturizers