August 29, 2014 | 1177 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by missionarymaggie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did nothing for my face although I like it for my skin, along with Gold Bond. I also like it for my hair. About once a week, I rub some into my scalp and then into the ends of my hair just before I start my half hour workout routine. Then I just shampoo and condition as normal and it adds that extra bit of softness my hair needs up here. Up here being north of the arctic circle in Alaska. Talk about wind and weather damage!

However, I tried it as a night cream on my face and it just sat there. Some rubbed off on my pillowcases but in the morning my forehead would still be oily. It did not soak in or soften my skin.

I'll keep buying it since I cook with it and like it on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Olive oil is great! I use this in my home-made shea butter face cream along with jojoba oil and it is superb. I also use it in my homemade sugar scrub that I use on my face and body - again, superb and very moisturizing. The extra-virgin has a good amount of anti-oxidants too which are good for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank goodness for Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. I use it everynight for that purpose. I have sensitive skin and when I need to use something really mild I use plain yogurt and olive oil. It's the most non irritating cleanser I can think of. Olive oil is a great facial makeup remover also. You can use it for that purpose and then use your favorite cleanser. I sometimes use it as a moisturizer after toning with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar(only at bedtime). Sometimes the simple natural approach works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont use this often but i am prone to having the weirdest, most stubborn dry patches which DO NOT GO AWAY!!!! But my holygrail secret is olive oil. It doesnt make you breakout at all and moisturizes like a dream. you can try putting a hot damp washcloth on the area to make your skin soak it up even more but i rarely need to as it moisturizes so well anyway. and also, you can apply makeup straight away and NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN. love it. love it. love it. HG. HG. HG!
edit: ive started using this as cleanser and it works like a charm to remove the makeup and leaves me with a moisturized and radiant glow. i also had a keratosis pilaris rash on the bottoms of my cheeks near the jawline which had previously gone away so i was shocked to find it come up so violently and so suddenly. olive oil has totally cured this. id say that i use it twice a week or so and definately after ive worn alot of makeup.sometimes i even use it in my body to get rid of the excma and make my skin look really smooth and moisturized. it just smells a bit but its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rackelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Listen up all pregnant ladies!!A dermatologist/aromotherapist friend of mine told me to use pure medical grade olive oil (can be bought in any pharmacy)on my bump instead of an expensive cream/oil. WEll, i did, and the result is - not one single stretch mark and my baby has the most beautiful skin ever!! I cannot explain how good this is - also, I have a very dry flakey scalp, and use it as an overnight treatment - magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by katmish

I just started using this this winter - my combination skin gets windburned and dry in places and this was one of the ONLY things I found that soothed it without making me break out. It also helps when my skin is aggravated from using strong exfoliants or other products. I like grapeseed oil too, but olive oil is more moisturizing IMO - grapeseed is better for non-winter months. You can also use it as a facial cleanser (see my notepad for some information on this). I add one or two drops of lavender oil to approximately 2 ounces of olive oil because I'm not crazy about the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ohsammi67

packaging, well since it isn't packaged for the face i can't really complain. Need it in a pump though. I have blemish prone skind and can put this all over my face and not break out. It softens amazingly and diminshes fine lines. the moisture seems to stay in yoru skin the next day and the smell DOES fade. I am impressed. Simple and not expensiveand the best wrinkle reducer i have found yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cook a lot. Being Italian, olive oil is a staple in my kitchen. Although I do like soap made with olive oil, I cannot bring myself to using straight Tuscan/Ligurian/Abruzzese whichever oil I have in the house on my face and body. Although I love the flavours of olive oil ranging from mild to peppery depending on the region it is from, and taken internally drizzled on some crusty Italian bread and ripe Roma tomatoes, it is just what the doctor ordered for healthy skin, hair and clear blood vessels (it lowers LDL "bad" cholesterol and boosts HDL "good" cholesterol) I cannot stand the smell of it in my hair, and on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best stuff on earth!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rutis

I read some reviews on how versatile olive oil is as a beauty product. It is winter here in Chicago, and I've been having some dry flakey patches around my mouth and chin that really didn't go away with lotion. And the lotion was making me break out really bad, so it was a no win situation. I tried a little bit of EVOO (out of my pantry) on a tissue and dabbed it on my face, let it sit for a sec, and swiped off the excess. Its only been one day, but I think it feels great. The flakeys are definitely gone, and my chin really isn't oily at all like I thought it would be. I will totally try olive oil for other uses now.