Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 4/25/2004 1:33:00 PM

It absorbed really quickly, but left my face feeling really tight. After weeks of use, it caused me breakouts and to be very dehydrated on the surface.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm addicted to Dove, but I've purchased this several times, and I like to use it at the height of summer, when you can look greasy at the drop of a hat, but you still need moisture. (Hint: this doesn't contain SPF, so it's not great for outside wear.) I can't believe there aren't more gel moisturizers on the market. This goes well underneath foundation, and works well as a mask. It's very light, and very cooling.

on 4/7/2004 7:26:00 PM

Adds a great and noticable moisture boost to my skin when used by itself or layered under my other products. When I got a sunburn/tan in Bermuda a few years ago, this was the ONLY thing that helped soothe the burn, control peely skin and speed up the healing process. I also LOVE the gel texture, light scent and soft, pink color. It just makes me happy to put it on. Yay, Clinique!

on 4/7/2004 4:25:00 PM

This is not really a moisturizer, it is sappost to be appled after for extra moisture. For me, it is enough. I love the silky feeling and the cooling effect it has. I use this all over after a moisturze my cheeks and eye area, and it is perfect for my mt oily T-Zone. Once in a while this will irritate my skin and sting a bit. It makes an excellent base for makeup though.

on 3/27/2004 1:54:00 PM

I first used this product after receiving it in a gift set. I really liked it, so I went out and bought the full size. Big mistake! This is really drying and I have to combine it with a heavy mosturizer so my face doesn't dry out. A waste of money

on 3/24/2004 7:29:00 AM

well i was like using this for nearly a year as my primary moisturiser without realising that this WAS NOT a moisturiser. so i ended up getting really dehyrdated skin. but when used combined with a proper moisturiser, it really makes your skin look hydrated and plumper. less tight, and dull. i will keep it to use occasionally, as and when i feel that my skin needs an extra boost of water, but not on a daily basis :)

on 3/23/2004 7:29:00 PM

Got this as a GWP and since I'm on the search for my HG moisturizer, I gave it a whirl. Nope, not moisturizing enough. My face felt tight and as if there was this ever-so-thin filmy coating on it. Weird, coz I never considered myself as a "dry skin" type. But then again, I'm still trying to figure out what my post-pregnancy skin type is. Anyway, I think this is a decent gel for those with oily skin and want to "lock in" moisture. But if you're looking to MOISTURIZE your skin, I don't think it does that. Not for me anyway. Tried it a couple more times and I kept getting the same result, no matter how much I slathered on.

on 3/15/2004 9:18:00 AM

I use this product over my regular moisturizers whenever I need a burst of extra moisture since it seems to work better that way than on its own. It is very lightweight and non-greasy and has not broken me out at all.

on 3/12/2004 11:49:00 AM

Worst moisturizer EVER! I've oily combination skin so the Clinique lady said this would be best for me! Five minutes after applicatoin, skin was tight, dry and peeling!

Worst moisturizer ever

on 3/12/2004 4:33:00 AM

Absolutely fabulous.. in the summer. Makes skin soft and feel just lovely. In the winter I like to use DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew and then put this over it.