Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 6/19/2004 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to like this moisturizer, but now that I've tried others this one isn't anything special. It's a quick fix for flaky skin, but the effects don't last long.

on 6/17/2004 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is okay..i don't think it's moisturizing enough for dry skin...because i have oily/acne prone skin and i still sometimes feel this doesn't give me enough moisture..it's oil-free, sort of soothing, doesn't cause my skin to break out so i always come back to this..packaging could be improved...(i don't like pots for some reason)..it's like around $90~ here in New Zealand..so it ain't cheap...but apart from that i like it~!

on 6/7/2004 3:28:00 PM

I fell in love with this at first as it made me feel like it was really sinking in but slowly I realized it was doing nothing to cure my dry skin in the long-term. Probably not worth the loot (nearly $40 I think) and most likely won't buy again even though the whole package is still attractive to me.

on 6/7/2004 2:58:00 PM

This is the cheaper version of Sisley Flower Gel. The difference and similarity:
1. Package: Sisley is a tube and MSE is a jar. I've got MSE samples in tubes b4, and I don't see why the real thing can't.
2. I believe both of these products does more to keep the H2O that already in your skin than moisturize. Both of them doesn't seem to be easily absorbed as they leave a film on your skin even after a night of sleep.
3. That said, I think Flower gel is a good mask/night cream and MSE is everything but a mask - I use it on top of a more watery lotion to seal the moisture, under day time SPF lotion as a base, before makeup as a primer. I even keep a little jar on my desk for day time touch up on my dry areas. I have yet to find another product does all these...but, if you are looking for moisturizer or mask, this is NOT it.
Also, it runs out pretty fast, and for that, it's quite expensive.

on 6/2/2004 12:38:00 PM

So far I'm really liking this stuff. I have really oily skin & use it over my sunscreen, works great that way. It's got a really neat texture & does feel light & cool going on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or even combo skin because it will accentuate any flakes. But for really oily gals, esp. in the summer this stuff rocks!

on 6/2/2004 12:06:00 AM

My combo skin absolutely loves this. It absorbs quickly and isn't greasy in the least bit. Light enough to wear under makeup during the day as well. No breakouts either. Lightly scented but not overpowering. Moisturizing enough that I can wear it at night.

on 5/30/2004 10:55:00 PM

I'm on my 4th tub of this stuff, not including all the GWP sizes I used up! This is the only moisutizer I've ever used that doesn't leave me feeling greasy. It's like adding water back into your skin. If skin is particularly dry, it may sting a bit upon application, but I find that to be the only (mild) side effect. I slather some on every time I wash my face. I'm acne prone and this has never broken me out. Love it!

on 5/29/2004 5:08:00 AM

This is my HG! I fell for the lovely pink liquid and it's so easy to blend on my face. It enhances my makeup as well. Smells heavenly too! Would definately repurchase it! My fave clinique product though I'm not a clinique-ish person!

on 5/28/2004 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite facial moisturizers... just a tiny dab is enough for my whole face, it is easy to apply, there is absolutely no greasy feel and it makes my face look and feel amazing. Oh, and no breakouts from it either! And although dipping my finger into the jar repeatedly may not be the most sanitary method for packaging, I like knowing I am going to use every last ounce of the product!!

on 5/21/2004 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good product. Moisture enough during summer time, but in winter, I need to apply one more cream. And the feeling is so smoonth although it may be just temporary. When I used it for the first few uses, I really could feel sting a little bit. But then I got used to it and I'm really ok with it. This also doesn't cause me breakout and I'm acne-prone.