October 24, 2014 | 1540 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Clinique, as a brand, kinda sucks for skincare but i was impressed with this. it's a lightweight gel moisturizer. its GREAT for oily skin. warning: don't leave the cap off, it tries into a filmy, slimy substance, yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Natalie_F

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best moisturizer i ever used. It's so light weight. Good for my oily skin. My makeup goes on smoothly abt using it.However i think it's quite ex. The packaging would be better if it's a pump type...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I reached for this instead of my usual when my skin became drier and duller in the cold weather.

It has certainly gave me relief. It also moisurizes without that heavy feeling. It is good even for my face's oilier areas.

Hint: Use this as an undereye moisturizer too. You definitely dont need a separate product. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 5:48:00 PM More reviews by djubek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for over a year now, the jar last a long time if you you for touch ups when your skin drys out from acne treatments. I have extremely acne/oily skin. I love this because it doesn't make the skin oily and soothes it after a night of BP gel or treament mishaps:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by georgina20021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer left my skin feeling soft and smooth. I first put the DDR (but not under eyes, I get the white dots..) then, the moisture surge. It's great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Pink2003

I bought this product because I liked the fact it was non-oil moisturizer. As other people mentioned, if you use this product by itself, it evaporates on your skin and you would not get the good result. However, if you are one of those who has combo-oily skin like I do, try this product after toner, followed by Dramatically different moisturizer (or any other moisturizer contain oil). This process keeps the moisture on your skin and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2003 10:55:00 AM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I have been using it for about 3 weeks under my sunscreen (Clinique Super City Block) and have been having great results. I also use it on dry patches of skin (on pimples that had dried up because of BP) My skin is normal to dry, sensitive and acne prone and although I need a good moisturizer, I am always afraid to create more breakouts because of rich formulations.
I started using Moisture Surge during a breakout I could not explain nor cure. I used BP to get rid of pimples, and this product to make sure my skin was not overly dry because of the BP.
I think Moisture Surge Extra is my answer- it does moisturize but is oil free and non-comedogenic, so while my skin gets a boost of moisture, I am not afraid it will cause more breakouts or aggravate the ones I have.
The texture is very nice- it leaves my skin silky soft and smooth, and is a great base for my sunscreen. Since I have been using this product in the morning, my skin has not been dry at all, which is surprising to me!
The price is a little more than what I am used to paying, but I am completely willing to pay $30 dollars every few months for silky soft, smooth and acne free skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have to agree with FracksBabe (3 reviews down). Great cooling sensation due to the gel consistency but doesn't moisturize at all! I love how it is unscented and pink. :) That's about the only good thing I can say about it though. I have normal/combo skin and it didn't even moisturize my face, although it claims to be a great moisturizer for dry skin types. Humph. Glad I swapped for a GWP size before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sjcrazy2000

I can't live without this stuff. I put it on before bed and wake up to a silky refreshed face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 5:06:00 AM More reviews by prema

I bought this last week, and have been using it every day since. My skin has been noticeably softer, although not necessarily smoother. It's always lovely to apply a gel moisturiser - cooling, and light, esp for combo skin. Have to agree with others that the jar packaging sucks, but it's definitely more worth your money to get the jar than the pump version (which i believe is Moisture Surge Light). (With pumps, you don't really ever clean out the entire bottle do you?) My quest goes on for a more affordable and effective gel moisturiser, but right now Moisture Surge Extra will do.