July 29, 2014 | 1614 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2003 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mitsubachi

This pricey, lightweight gel makes my skin feel moisturized without the heaviness of my usual moisturizer (L'Oreal Pure Zone). I've been using it for about a week, and so far so good. I usually use a dab of this on each cheek, chin, and forehead - a jar of this should last me a long time (btw, I bought the large 2.5oz jar). The only thing i don't like about this is the jar container, which is why I took off one lipstick. If it were packaged in a tube (like the moisture surge extra for eyes) it would be MUCH more convenient. Even a pump would be a better container for this product. Overall, I'd say this product is great especially since I have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by babieblush

I love this... i use it only in the morning before i apply my makeup. it makes my skin feel fresh and look great! ive been using it for over a year... the only thing is.. i go thru it quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by franw3377

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very lightweight gel infused with aloe that is great for my combo/mostly oily skin. It doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it DOESN'T contain an SPF, because I have SPF 15 in my foundation and SPF ingredients applied directly on my face often make me break out in a rash or itch like crazy. I've tried other brands, but I always come back to Moisture Surge. I like the new formula without the menthol and ginger. I only wish it came in a tube or pump bottle instead of a jar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 6:44:00 AM More reviews by BerryDelicious

I do like the smell of this...fresh, soft ginger! It feels light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores.
I still prefer creams, as the effect of this gel doesn't last long enough for me. But it's great for a moisture mask or when my skin is feeling a little parched. It temporarily relieves it and doesn't ruin my makeup if I need to apply a litte over the top.

Avon's Maximum Moisture Super Hydrating Gel is very similar to Moisture Surge, and after having gone through two of each over the years, if I was going to buy one again, it would probably be Avon one, simply because it's cheaper! BUT, if the slight stickiness of Avon's got to me, I would go back to Clinique's. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

Well after fighting myself to NOT buy it even though I did, I was sure it would work on me but ... it's not really suited for my skin. I tried it at night first to see if I had a reaction to it but I didn't and so I thought it would make an effective moisturizer since it left my skin smooth and matte ... or so I thought. The next day when I applied it again it went on nicely, smooth and matte and it smelled nice but it didn't help in a few areas where the flakes showed once again, so back it goes!
People with very dry, acne prone skin like me should look elsewhere b/c it won't help with the flakes, like the others have said, it's best for someone w/oily or normal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by burgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This dried my skin out and made it flakey and feel tight, even though I used another moisturiser on top. I don't understand how it could help dry skin (as it claims to be able to do) seeing as my skin is a bit oily. I give it 2 lipsticks because it was very cooling on my face and after it sunk in, it had a matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been having problems with flakies around my nose and between my eyebrows. As a faithful user of the three step system (no longer, because of the reviews written about it on here), i went down to my local clinique counter. The pushy saleslady then proceeded to push this crappy product, and of course i cowered and bought it. At 30 bucks, this crap stung my dry/combo partially sensitive skin to no end and of course did not hydrate at all, as i was still as flaky as ever. I think this might be good for oilier types but if you have skin like mine, dont waste $30 us

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2003 10:53:00 PM More reviews by broken_lips

Wow! This moisturizer is awesome. It left my skin looking great and feeling so smooth. I'm currently not using it because it's the summertime and my skin is not one bit dry but I can't wait till it's fall when I can pull this out again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 2:51:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

Awwwww...simply one of my holy grails!
It gives my skin feeling silky soft and hydrates so well! Whenever I feel my skin feeling tight, especially during winter, this is my rescue. I'll keep repurchasing this product, I'd say its one of the best moisturisers I've tried. Impressive products! au$54 for 50ml, not as expensive as other Cinique's moisturisers, worth trying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sweet_blossom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the gel concept of this product, which is cool and refreshing. The silver and clear jar with pink gel is a pretty addition to my nightstand. I do like the packaging that allows me to see how much I have left rather than playing the guessing game of trying to eyeball down a non-clear container or holding it up to the light to try and see through the container. However, for the money, I wasn't "wowed" by this product. When I wash my face in the morning, I can feel this film left on my face which gives me the impression that it isn't sinking into my face but rather it is just laying there. After using this for the past couple of months, my opinion is somewhat conservative on this product--a mixed verdict and still wishing to find a "wow" gel moisturizer.