October 1, 2014 | 1020 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 5:48:00 PM More reviews by djubek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for over a year now, the jar last a long time if you you for touch ups when your skin drys out from acne treatments. I have extremely acne/oily skin. I love this because it doesn't make the skin oily and soothes it after a night of BP gel or treament mishaps:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by georgina20021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer left my skin feeling soft and smooth. I first put the DDR (but not under eyes, I get the white dots..) then, the moisture surge. It's great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Pink2003

I bought this product because I liked the fact it was non-oil moisturizer. As other people mentioned, if you use this product by itself, it evaporates on your skin and you would not get the good result. However, if you are one of those who has combo-oily skin like I do, try this product after toner, followed by Dramatically different moisturizer (or any other moisturizer contain oil). This process keeps the moisture on your skin and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2003 10:55:00 AM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I have been using it for about 3 weeks under my sunscreen (Clinique Super City Block) and have been having great results. I also use it on dry patches of skin (on pimples that had dried up because of BP) My skin is normal to dry, sensitive and acne prone and although I need a good moisturizer, I am always afraid to create more breakouts because of rich formulations.
I started using Moisture Surge during a breakout I could not explain nor cure. I used BP to get rid of pimples, and this product to make sure my skin was not overly dry because of the BP.
I think Moisture Surge Extra is my answer- it does moisturize but is oil free and non-comedogenic, so while my skin gets a boost of moisture, I am not afraid it will cause more breakouts or aggravate the ones I have.
The texture is very nice- it leaves my skin silky soft and smooth, and is a great base for my sunscreen. Since I have been using this product in the morning, my skin has not been dry at all, which is surprising to me!
The price is a little more than what I am used to paying, but I am completely willing to pay $30 dollars every few months for silky soft, smooth and acne free skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have to agree with FracksBabe (3 reviews down). Great cooling sensation due to the gel consistency but doesn't moisturize at all! I love how it is unscented and pink. :) That's about the only good thing I can say about it though. I have normal/combo skin and it didn't even moisturize my face, although it claims to be a great moisturizer for dry skin types. Humph. Glad I swapped for a GWP size before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sjcrazy2000

I can't live without this stuff. I put it on before bed and wake up to a silky refreshed face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 5:06:00 AM More reviews by prema

I bought this last week, and have been using it every day since. My skin has been noticeably softer, although not necessarily smoother. It's always lovely to apply a gel moisturiser - cooling, and light, esp for combo skin. Have to agree with others that the jar packaging sucks, but it's definitely more worth your money to get the jar than the pump version (which i believe is Moisture Surge Light). (With pumps, you don't really ever clean out the entire bottle do you?) My quest goes on for a more affordable and effective gel moisturiser, but right now Moisture Surge Extra will do.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by FracksBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after hearing a ton of raves, but I have to say that I am not impressed at all. I have combo-oily skin, and after putting this moisturizer on, it felt like nothing had been on it! It was cooling going on, which was nice, but then it just "evaporated" off my skin and left my face feeling tight and far from moisturized. IMO it's not worth the $31 I spent on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was truly surprised by this little item. I've been shopping for The Perfect Skin Cream and looking at $100+ formulas when I stumbled upon this one in an outlet store, for goodness sake! I dabbed it on my 44-year-old hand and before I finished selecting my purchases I noticed that the skin on that hand looked and felt noticeably better than the other, undabbed hand. My best friend and I both bought jars of Moisture Surge and slathered it on after cleansing that evening. We awoke to glorious, smooth, lovely skin the next morning. Do I normally use such glowing terms for a skincare product? Heck no! (With the exception of Murad Combination Skin Formula, I rarely find they do what they promise.) Moisture Surge is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by melanier

I liked this one. I like the cooling feeling it leaves and how light the gel feels. I don't think it would work well for someone with super dry skin, but for those of you with slightly dry or combination then this would be perfect. I think the packaging is pretty although I don't like sticking my fingers in jars. I prefer bottles or tubes for moisturizers. It is more expensive than what I usually pay for skin care, but it seems to last a while.