Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

This is the best makeup purchase i have ever made. i stand by my word. i will buy this for as long as they make it. i am still on my first one (in black) and i have hardly dented it in my over a year of owning it. when i do run out, i will immediately buy more. it is just that good.

I tried this in Violet hoping for the color to show up on me, but it just looked black. Apparently these are supposed to be pretty easy to apply (from what I've read from the reviews), but I guess I'm just not very good with it-I much prefer eye pencils that I can take along with me in my makeup case in my purse during the day. It seems cumbersome to have the pot of eyeliner and then a brush to go with it. I might reconsider if they came out with more colors, but since the Violet turned up basically black on me, I won't be purchasing this again.

I was so depressed when the company discontinued the gel liners a while ago. Guess it's just such a great product that they had to bring it back. The color for the black ink is very intense, the staying power is incredible, and the application is actually quiet easy with the right tools (I prefer this tiny tiny crease/liner brush from Trish McEvoy). I've also tried the purple version but was a little less impressed. Although I can see how this liner can be a problem for people with contact lenses (it will flake and fall off in small chunks if the application is too thick or after 20+ hours of wear), but if you don't have supersensitive eyes, this liner is possibly the best you can get. The only downside is that I have a hard time putting the gel on the inner rims of my eyes. I'm squimish so I use Chanel Aqua Crayon to do that instead. It's also a beefed up liquid liner so it's not meant for blending like a khol pencil. But you can definately get around it by blending eyeshadow into the final line instead of trying to blend the liner itself. Of course, the results are more likely to be dramatic than natural unless you do a very fine line. Anyways, this is a superb liner and I will always have a jar of this stuff around.

I'm a bit indecisive about this one- I like it, but it didn't match up to the sky-high expectations other reviewers instilled in me. First of all, the shades are really boring- all blah variations of black. I prefer a bit more dimension, more shimmer even. Hence my obsession with Nars liquid eyeliners. :)

On the other hand, this does apply very easily and stays all day, budge-proof indeed. And it's cheaper than the Nars here, which is a bonus. I'm not a big fan of the creamy consistency- I prefer a more defined and delicate line. Still, this is a good staple for a solid eyeliner. continued >>

This is a fabulous eye liner. I always thought liquid eye liners were a tad too heavy, althogh I liked the look. Sometimes pencils just don't do the trick, they can be a bit to shadow-y. But I purchased this on Gloss.com along with the MAC fine eye liner brush and I am very happy with the results! It is so long wearing, I take it off with Almay Eye Make Up Remover Lotion. It has great pigment and you can apply it with a light or firm hand depending on how dramatic a look you want. I use very light, sweeping strokes across my top lash line and a touch in the outer corner, while using a white pencil liner in the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger without drawing attention to my makeup. My new Holy Grail Product. I love the elegant glass pot in comes in - great packaging. Highly recommend.

This stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I think I've found a Holy Grail liquid eyeliner!!! It goes on so SMOOTH and DOESN'T BUDGE ALL DAY!!!! (I'm applying it w/ Japonesque's Travel Lip brush #802 btw too- wasn't going to shell out any more money to BB buy buying their matching gel e/liner brush too!) ;) That having been said, I did spend 23 bucks (including S&H) buying it online- OUCH!! But I defintely think it was worth every penny!!! I have the black ink one-Love to try out their granite, seipia, & maybe the cobalt gel ink e/liner too!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and actually enjoy putting it on! I use the Violet and Hunter for casual, every day wear and add the Black on top eyelids to intensify. The colors work well with my dark brown eyes and are chosen to work with my e/s scheme at the time. (I use Smashbox's push brush to apply.) I appreciate it's smooth and easy application, long wear and subtle, yet dark colors. It's also very versatile in what type of line you want to make. Definitely HG material! Many steps up from Smashbox's Cream Eyeliner.

I really love this. It lasts all day. I use the BB eyelining brush and can even get a smoky look, or a defined look. Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a long lasting eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good, solid product that does the job well, typical of BB products. I like the violet best for the deep color. It goes on pretty well and stays nicely. It is totally nonirritating and works well with contact lenses. I'm not fond of the packaging as I'd like something that has a better chance of maintaining cleanliness than this pot.

I cannot survive w/o this product. Great staying power! I use the ultra-fine eyeliner brush from BB and it's perfect! Make sure to keep the cap close tight to prevent it from drying out.