Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 2/19/2003 11:53:00 AM

This is a fabulous eye liner. I always thought liquid eye liners were a tad too heavy, althogh I liked the look. Sometimes pencils just don't do the trick, they can be a bit to shadow-y. But I purchased this on Gloss.com along with the MAC fine eye liner brush and I am very happy with the results! It is so long wearing, I take it off with Almay Eye Make Up Remover Lotion. It has great pigment and you can apply it with a light or firm hand depending on how dramatic a look you want. I use very light, sweeping strokes across my top lash line and a touch in the outer corner, while using a white pencil liner in the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger without drawing attention to my makeup. My new Holy Grail Product. I love the elegant glass pot in comes in - great packaging. Highly recommend.

on 2/17/2003 10:40:00 PM

This stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I think I've found a Holy Grail liquid eyeliner!!! It goes on so SMOOTH and DOESN'T BUDGE ALL DAY!!!! (I'm applying it w/ Japonesque's Travel Lip brush #802 btw too- wasn't going to shell out any more money to BB buy buying their matching gel e/liner brush too!) ;) That having been said, I did spend 23 bucks (including S&H) buying it online- OUCH!! But I defintely think it was worth every penny!!! I have the black ink one-Love to try out their granite, seipia, & maybe the cobalt gel ink e/liner too!!

on 2/17/2003 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and actually enjoy putting it on! I use the Violet and Hunter for casual, every day wear and add the Black on top eyelids to intensify. The colors work well with my dark brown eyes and are chosen to work with my e/s scheme at the time. (I use Smashbox's push brush to apply.) I appreciate it's smooth and easy application, long wear and subtle, yet dark colors. It's also very versatile in what type of line you want to make. Definitely HG material! Many steps up from Smashbox's Cream Eyeliner.

on 2/15/2003 6:49:00 PM

I really love this. It lasts all day. I use the BB eyelining brush and can even get a smoky look, or a defined look. Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a long lasting eyeliner.

on 2/11/2003 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good, solid product that does the job well, typical of BB products. I like the violet best for the deep color. It goes on pretty well and stays nicely. It is totally nonirritating and works well with contact lenses. I'm not fond of the packaging as I'd like something that has a better chance of maintaining cleanliness than this pot.

I cannot survive w/o this product. Great staying power! I use the ultra-fine eyeliner brush from BB and it's perfect! Make sure to keep the cap close tight to prevent it from drying out.

on 2/8/2003 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Fine

This is great stuff! It lasts all day on my oily lids. I tried the violet with my MAC fine eye liner brush. It went on easily and looked great. It is pricy for eyeliner but a little goes a long way. It is now my holy grail eyeliner.

on 2/6/2003 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Truly my HG eyeliners, these are great if you're shaky with liquid eyeliner but not into a pencil either. Very easy to apply, and they really stay put too! Use the MAC fine eyeliner brush for beautiful application.

on 1/21/2003 10:08:00 PM

the grail of eye liner. last all day, smooth and easy to use, and beautiful colors. works great with a push brush to make eyelashes look thicker.

on 1/15/2003 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Today was the first time I ever tried this stuff and I can see what the hype is all about now. I ordered it in Black Ink and with the travel size Ultra Fine e/l brush. For somebody who has never used anything but e/l pencil her whole life, these 2 products made it VERY easy for me to apply. (but I've always had a very steady hand anyways)I put it on at 7am this morning and finally took it off around 9pm tonite. No smearing or fading at all today. Oh..and that's even with sneaking a nap in today also. So I was extremely happy after my nap not to wake up with raccoon eyes (I usually have a problem with these midday naps and eye makeup, due to having oily eyelids) So far nothing but thumbs up here for BB Gel and the Ultra Fine e/l brush together. Kinda pricey, but you really don't need a lot, so I see this lasting me a long time. Oh and came off effortless with my Rimmel eye makeup remover. I really really like this stuff. UPDATE: I kinda got tired of using this. I still like it for special occasions because it has great staying power. But I'm in way too much of a rush in the morning to be patient for a perfect line. Still a great product, just not for me, at least not everyday.UPDATE:July 2004- Tried wearing it again for summer and I dunno if I have ultra oily eye lids or what, but it didn't even last more than a few hours on me (never did this to me B4) Oh well.