Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

I am in complete agreement with the lavish praise for this product. Pencils seem to bring out the klutz in me, and the line and control you get with this is impressive. I have Hunter, Sepia and Granite--have looked for black, but can't find it . Has it been discontinued? I will give away all my pencils because this is the only liner worth keeping imho.

on 1/8/2003 9:46:00 PM

i absolutely love this stuff! it doesn't budge from my eye. i use it with the ultra fine eyeliner brush which makes a huge difference. this is my new favorite liner. i have this in black and i also want to get sepia and violet.

on 1/7/2003 7:38:00 PM

I am used to using a liquid eyeliner, but this is a great replacement......sometimes the liquid is too dark and this seems to have the right effect although I am sure it could be darkened also. I am thinking of trying some of the other colors.

on 1/3/2003 5:56:00 AM

Best eyeliner i have EVER used. Will not go back to cake or pencil liners now. Easy to apply, wears increadably well and looks fantastic. You can create dramatic or subtle looks easily. Will buy this again and again. UPDATE: This is FAB! Dosn't run down from your lower lash line, down the little lines like others do. Stays just how you applied it.

on 12/28/2002 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Had to add my $.02..I discovered these after having tried MAC and Smashbox creme liners..BB gel liners by far out shine both of the afore mentioned..Good selection of shades that wear like iron..It took me some practice to find the right brush and application technique but now that I've mastered it,I'll never use anything else.

on 12/25/2002 6:31:00 PM

I have Black and Granite in this product. It's a wonderful product that lasts all day. The trick is to find the right brush to get the look you want. I use TM #11 brush to push it into the base of the lashes for a nautral look. A great product!

on 12/25/2002 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have Sepia (brown) and Violet Ink (dark purple) and especially adore the former. They last all day. On my top lash line, I leave the line unsmudged; but on my bottom lashes, if I want to give my smudged powder liner a little extra staying power, I'll apply this first and soften it with my finger.

this is my first time lining with a brush and i must say that BB Gel and the ultra fine brush made it a very pleasant experience. the texture of the gel made it very easy to apply. the staying power is fantastic, much better than the pencil. i've not used it long enough to comment on how the gel texture changes with time but the MA said not to store in a a/c room and screw the cap REAL tightly after used. if it hardens, put a lil moisturiser on the brush before dipping into the gel. hopre this helps someone! oh i didnt give it a 5 because i dont like the glass container :)

on 12/18/2002 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went back to change my review on this. I liked this one at first, then thought the product had changed texture a bit and gotten less pliable. But then read another reviewer's recommendation to just stir uup the product if it gets pasty. I did this and it seemed to get creamier again. This eyeliner has better staying power than other cream liners and the color I got, cobalt, is a bright but beautiful blue. I don't like BB's liner brush, I instead use Philosophy's liner brush, my favorite, and I can get a very fine, even line with that combo.

on 12/17/2002 8:52:00 AM

I had this in Sepia Ink. It wore well, but if you got it into your lashes, it was hard to remove, and sometimes, lashes came out with the gel. It glides on easily, and the color stayed true, but the color was too harsh for my taste. I prefer Trish McEvoy cake liners you apply wet or dry, and Bare Escentuals loose liner shadows that you can apply wet or dry.