Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 1/15/2003 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Today was the first time I ever tried this stuff and I can see what the hype is all about now. I ordered it in Black Ink and with the travel size Ultra Fine e/l brush. For somebody who has never used anything but e/l pencil her whole life, these 2 products made it VERY easy for me to apply. (but I've always had a very steady hand anyways)I put it on at 7am this morning and finally took it off around 9pm tonite. No smearing or fading at all today. Oh..and that's even with sneaking a nap in today also. So I was extremely happy after my nap not to wake up with raccoon eyes (I usually have a problem with these midday naps and eye makeup, due to having oily eyelids) So far nothing but thumbs up here for BB Gel and the Ultra Fine e/l brush together. Kinda pricey, but you really don't need a lot, so I see this lasting me a long time. Oh and came off effortless with my Rimmel eye makeup remover. I really really like this stuff. UPDATE: I kinda got tired of using this. I still like it for special occasions because it has great staying power. But I'm in way too much of a rush in the morning to be patient for a perfect line. Still a great product, just not for me, at least not everyday.UPDATE:July 2004- Tried wearing it again for summer and I dunno if I have ultra oily eye lids or what, but it didn't even last more than a few hours on me (never did this to me B4) Oh well.

on 1/13/2003 2:24:00 PM

I read the reviews on this site about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I knew I had to try it. I used to use Lancome Artliner pens with mixed success. I prefer liquid liner to pencil because it goes on better (I always have trouble with pencils "tugging" on my lids) and it lasts longer. However, I had a really hard time putting the Artliner on straight. Eventually I got so-so at applying it. Well, they all finally ran out and I needed to get some new eyeliner. I bought the gel liner in Sepia Ink and LOVED it the first time I put it on! I also purchased the Ultra Fine brush from BB and it works for me very well. The eyeliner goes on very easily and looks great without a lot of painstaking concentration like I needed with the Artliner. The best thing is that is lasts all day without fading, sliding around the eyelid, or flaking off. I immediately purchased the Cobalt Ink, Granite Ink and Violet Ink after trying and loving my first one, Sepia. I highly recommend this product and will buy it again. However, the amount of eyeliner in each pot will likely last for a REALLY LONG time, so I don't know when I'll need to replace it! This makes the $18 price tag more worth it, you are likely to not need to replace it for a year if not longer.

I am in complete agreement with the lavish praise for this product. Pencils seem to bring out the klutz in me, and the line and control you get with this is impressive. I have Hunter, Sepia and Granite--have looked for black, but can't find it . Has it been discontinued? I will give away all my pencils because this is the only liner worth keeping imho.

on 1/8/2003 9:46:00 PM

i absolutely love this stuff! it doesn't budge from my eye. i use it with the ultra fine eyeliner brush which makes a huge difference. this is my new favorite liner. i have this in black and i also want to get sepia and violet.

on 1/7/2003 7:38:00 PM

I am used to using a liquid eyeliner, but this is a great replacement......sometimes the liquid is too dark and this seems to have the right effect although I am sure it could be darkened also. I am thinking of trying some of the other colors.

on 1/3/2003 5:56:00 AM

Best eyeliner i have EVER used. Will not go back to cake or pencil liners now. Easy to apply, wears increadably well and looks fantastic. You can create dramatic or subtle looks easily. Will buy this again and again. UPDATE: This is FAB! Dosn't run down from your lower lash line, down the little lines like others do. Stays just how you applied it.

on 12/28/2002 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Had to add my $.02..I discovered these after having tried MAC and Smashbox creme liners..BB gel liners by far out shine both of the afore mentioned..Good selection of shades that wear like iron..It took me some practice to find the right brush and application technique but now that I've mastered it,I'll never use anything else.

on 12/25/2002 6:31:00 PM

I have Black and Granite in this product. It's a wonderful product that lasts all day. The trick is to find the right brush to get the look you want. I use TM #11 brush to push it into the base of the lashes for a nautral look. A great product!

on 12/25/2002 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have Sepia (brown) and Violet Ink (dark purple) and especially adore the former. They last all day. On my top lash line, I leave the line unsmudged; but on my bottom lashes, if I want to give my smudged powder liner a little extra staying power, I'll apply this first and soften it with my finger.

this is my first time lining with a brush and i must say that BB Gel and the ultra fine brush made it a very pleasant experience. the texture of the gel made it very easy to apply. the staying power is fantastic, much better than the pencil. i've not used it long enough to comment on how the gel texture changes with time but the MA said not to store in a a/c room and screw the cap REAL tightly after used. if it hardens, put a lil moisturiser on the brush before dipping into the gel. hopre this helps someone! oh i didnt give it a 5 because i dont like the glass container :)