April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2002 9:54:00 AM More reviews by superlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with everyone else on this product. The BB Gel eyeliner rocks. I wish the effect (once it dries) was a bit softer but I'll take this over a liquid eyeliner any day. It's extremely easy to put on, just make sure you use a thin brush and a little practice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2002 5:32:00 AM More reviews by bastet

I own these in cobalt (dark navy blue) and in granite (dark, almost black greenish gray). These are my absolute favourites- there is no better liner out there IMO. I prefer slanted brushes to push and thin eye-liner brushes so I use Tommy Hilfigers slanted brush to apply the eyeliner (great brush for powder e/s lining, too). Immediately after applying these can be smudged to get a smokier look. If you wait a few seconds it won't budge anymore and stay on the whole day- you won't be disappointed. I find that these are a lot easier to use than liquid and pen-liner types. The product comes in a small glass container- it seems to last forever and a day. I've used my cobalt one almost daily for months and there is hardly any product missing. Make sure that you screw the lid properly so that it won't dry out! Everyone should have one of these!

UPDATE: better brushes to apply this with are Trish McEvoy #50 and PD angle liner brush. I like BB better than MAC fluidlines (these go on uneven on me), as much as Stephane Marais kohl intense and better than Stila smudgepots in so far that the quality is inconsistent with these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is a great liquid liner, it is a softer look than a normal liquid liner. You use this with a eyeliner brush, and dip in the pot of gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2002 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Liquidsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best eyeliner I have ever used.
I always had a problem with eyeliner transferring to other parts of the eye (I always apply underneath lower lashes), but this product definitely lives up to the hype.

I do find the brush application tricky, it usually ends up too thick and having to clean the brush everytime is time consuming, but I have discovered a better way - I began using cotton buds to apply it and since upgraded to the cosmetic Q-Tips, because of the fine point, you can really get a fine line.

Result!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2002 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are the best eyeliners I have ever used. They are fairly easy to apply and they stay put *all day long.* The price may seem a little steep at first, but you need so little that the little jar will last you several years. I have black, which is great for that classic, old-Hollywood glamorous look, and sepia, which is nice when I want to accentute my eyes without making them look too dramatic. Great stuff. Try it, buy it - you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2002 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff and I am not usually an eyeliner wearing kinda girl. I have it in the Sepia color and it wears forever - but rinses off easily when I was my face at night. I finally caved and bought the BB eyeliner brush as well and have no trouble creating a very thin - eye enhancing line. My thoughts: 1) wipe as much off on the sides of the jar as possible 2) aim FOR the lash line 3)If you make a mistake use a humid cotton swab (quickly) to fix it - I tend to wear it in a way that you can't tell I am even wearing eyeliner - it's that good - and trust me I'm more Picasso than Rembrandt when it comes to my artistic skills - if I can pull it off - anyone can. Seriously. Did I mention the size of the pot vs. price vs. amount needed. I'll be collecting social security before I need to replace this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 4:51:00 AM More reviews by msjene

TIPS: First and foremost...you need to use a waterproof eyemakeup remover to take this off. Invest in a bi-phase one (like Bobbi's or Nars)...these are the most gentle and non-greasy. Second, keep your brush "clean" by wiping off the excess when you're done with a tissue, preserving the tip of your brush. If you don't it will build up...fast. Last, when picking up the product on your brush, wipe the excess on your hand, a tissue, in the pot...but form the brush into a point for the thinnest line possible. Oh, and if you still have problems with smudging, be sure your eyelids are clean (if you apply it on an oily eyelid it will smear...) or use loose powder on the lid first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2002 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: wearable colors in violet, sepia, hunter, granite, black, and cobals; long-wearing; COMMENTS: None of the colors are shimmery or trendy; comes in frosted glass pots with black plastic screw-on lids; neither the ultra-fine or regular Bobbi Brown eyelining brush is fine enough to get the line I desire; I use SU 2R, which is a fine point brush, to apply it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2002 3:52:00 PM More reviews by aimaddict

ever since 9th grade i knew how to apply liquid eyeliner.

I feel the the gel liner is a step up in usability and staying power (but it does smear on my upperlids). Geez, i nearly had to scrape this stuff off my eyelids! i did cheat, and used she-laq ontop after it smeared all over my asian eyes. Worth the trouble if you need something new to play with.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2002 1:31:00 AM More reviews by bot888

woohoo! just bought this in violet ink. it's great!!! doesnt flake & stays even all day. pretty color too! i dont know where CarmenD bought hers, but i got mine at bloomie's & it was $18. was it $27 including a brush?