Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 2/17/2003 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and actually enjoy putting it on! I use the Violet and Hunter for casual, every day wear and add the Black on top eyelids to intensify. The colors work well with my dark brown eyes and are chosen to work with my e/s scheme at the time. (I use Smashbox's push brush to apply.) I appreciate it's smooth and easy application, long wear and subtle, yet dark colors. It's also very versatile in what type of line you want to make. Definitely HG material! Many steps up from Smashbox's Cream Eyeliner.

on 2/15/2003 6:49:00 PM

I really love this. It lasts all day. I use the BB eyelining brush and can even get a smoky look, or a defined look. Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a long lasting eyeliner.

on 2/11/2003 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good, solid product that does the job well, typical of BB products. I like the violet best for the deep color. It goes on pretty well and stays nicely. It is totally nonirritating and works well with contact lenses. I'm not fond of the packaging as I'd like something that has a better chance of maintaining cleanliness than this pot.

I cannot survive w/o this product. Great staying power! I use the ultra-fine eyeliner brush from BB and it's perfect! Make sure to keep the cap close tight to prevent it from drying out.

on 2/8/2003 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Fine

This is great stuff! It lasts all day on my oily lids. I tried the violet with my MAC fine eye liner brush. It went on easily and looked great. It is pricy for eyeliner but a little goes a long way. It is now my holy grail eyeliner.

on 2/6/2003 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Truly my HG eyeliners, these are great if you're shaky with liquid eyeliner but not into a pencil either. Very easy to apply, and they really stay put too! Use the MAC fine eyeliner brush for beautiful application.

on 1/21/2003 10:08:00 PM

the grail of eye liner. last all day, smooth and easy to use, and beautiful colors. works great with a push brush to make eyelashes look thicker.

on 1/15/2003 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Today was the first time I ever tried this stuff and I can see what the hype is all about now. I ordered it in Black Ink and with the travel size Ultra Fine e/l brush. For somebody who has never used anything but e/l pencil her whole life, these 2 products made it VERY easy for me to apply. (but I've always had a very steady hand anyways)I put it on at 7am this morning and finally took it off around 9pm tonite. No smearing or fading at all today. Oh..and that's even with sneaking a nap in today also. So I was extremely happy after my nap not to wake up with raccoon eyes (I usually have a problem with these midday naps and eye makeup, due to having oily eyelids) So far nothing but thumbs up here for BB Gel and the Ultra Fine e/l brush together. Kinda pricey, but you really don't need a lot, so I see this lasting me a long time. Oh and came off effortless with my Rimmel eye makeup remover. I really really like this stuff. UPDATE: I kinda got tired of using this. I still like it for special occasions because it has great staying power. But I'm in way too much of a rush in the morning to be patient for a perfect line. Still a great product, just not for me, at least not everyday.UPDATE:July 2004- Tried wearing it again for summer and I dunno if I have ultra oily eye lids or what, but it didn't even last more than a few hours on me (never did this to me B4) Oh well.

on 1/13/2003 2:24:00 PM

I read the reviews on this site about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I knew I had to try it. I used to use Lancome Artliner pens with mixed success. I prefer liquid liner to pencil because it goes on better (I always have trouble with pencils "tugging" on my lids) and it lasts longer. However, I had a really hard time putting the Artliner on straight. Eventually I got so-so at applying it. Well, they all finally ran out and I needed to get some new eyeliner. I bought the gel liner in Sepia Ink and LOVED it the first time I put it on! I also purchased the Ultra Fine brush from BB and it works for me very well. The eyeliner goes on very easily and looks great without a lot of painstaking concentration like I needed with the Artliner. The best thing is that is lasts all day without fading, sliding around the eyelid, or flaking off. I immediately purchased the Cobalt Ink, Granite Ink and Violet Ink after trying and loving my first one, Sepia. I highly recommend this product and will buy it again. However, the amount of eyeliner in each pot will likely last for a REALLY LONG time, so I don't know when I'll need to replace it! This makes the $18 price tag more worth it, you are likely to not need to replace it for a year if not longer.

I am in complete agreement with the lavish praise for this product. Pencils seem to bring out the klutz in me, and the line and control you get with this is impressive. I have Hunter, Sepia and Granite--have looked for black, but can't find it . Has it been discontinued? I will give away all my pencils because this is the only liner worth keeping imho.