August 30, 2014 | 938 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To my surprise, I started using this in the middle of summer when it's hot and humid. I have dry, mature skin, and noticed that some of the other powders I've been using have been too cakey and dry for my skin, taking the 'dew' right off my face. This works perfectly on my dry skin, leaving a no-shine, just right setting powder for my foundation. I gave it 4 lipsticks rating, only because I have to use Paula's Choice pressed powder for under my eye area, which needs more shine coverage, because I use extra moisturizer on my eye area, and the Rimmel doesn't quite get rid of that extra shine. Otherwise, I highly recommend this lightweight, super soft pressed powder to people with dry skin. I will buy again. Who cares about the cheap packaging, no one see's this but me, and it works greatly with my Paula's Choice powder brush. This pressed powder is also dirt cheap, under $4, iirc.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Lannie782

I don't use foundations or powders in general. When my skin gets oily, it gets the blotting paper, so when I picked this up, I used it to prevent smudges from smudges. It works wonderfully. I have a soft eyeshadow brush that I use specifically to gently place powder under my eye. This has prevented my under eyes from shadowing that are the result of eye shadows, liner or mascara that has moved there through the day. Wonderful trick I've picked up. This is also good for a quick dusting to prevent oilies. I've had this for about a year and I haven't even put much of a dent in it. The only downside is the container, it's too easily opened.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by my_moomoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, the packaging sucks (no mirror and the lid falls off easily). But what do you expect it's only $5 CDN. It is not a finely milled powder but it is still smooth and stays in place. My skin is matte for at least 5-6 hours without touch up. As for the colours- it's limited so some might not be able to fine their shade. Also, I think this powder is better applied with a brush because the puff tends to get uneven amount of powder and the face ends up having oily and matte spots. This is a good powder to try but I am not going to repurchase it just yet because I wanna try something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by monkeymoogle

pressed powder information - The powder is meant to control shine for up to five hours, and give a natural matte finish while minimizing the appearance of pores. It's also been dermatologically tested.

impressions - I've been using this powder for over a month now, along with Maybelline's Shine Free liquid foundation. It does just as it claims - it controls shine for roughly five hours, and for me it's usually over that. My pores do look minimized in normal lighting. It also feels nice and doesn't tighten my skin, and the colour blends very well (I'm using 001 Transparent). However, either it or the liquid foundation I'm using causes my skin to break out in small irritation pimples. Also, this is not a powder you'd want to carry around with you in your purse - the cover does not twist on or stick well, and would most likely fall off if tipped over. You'll also want to buy a brush or puff to apply the powder - it doesn't come with anything. Still, for the price (under $5!) it's a pretty good powder. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Aurifera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After my Physician's Formula ran out, I didn't want to wait for it to go on sale again. I got Rimmel's decidedley un-pricey powder instead. The packaging is lame, but the product itself is worth more than it costs. It's great for setting makeup, and keeps my nose from turning oily. "Stay matte" stays true to its name and claim. It's also finely milled and provides some coverage, so I can always swipe some on if I don't quite feel the need for foundation. Highly reccomended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 7:51:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail. I use this in the summer when I don't want to wear foundation. For being a pressed powder, it is very finely milled when I brush over it with my cheapie drugstore powder brush. It covers my multitude of skin woes and redness wonderfully without the masky and cakey look. I doubt most powder foundations out there can beat the coverage of this. I've never had a bad reaction either, and will always buy it. Excellent quality for the rediculously cheap price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by x_glitzy_girl_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder, It's perfect for mid-day touch ups or to set my make-up. It feels very silky and smooth on my skin with tends to get a bit oily. I am moderatly fair, a clinique 'neutral' in their powders and the shade 'silky beige' is good for me in the summer. My only complaint is the lid dosent always stay on. An overall great product, will definatly re-purchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Lividity

I first bought this powder when I had first heard of Rimmel. I was on the hunt for a powder for a decent price that wouldn't break my bank account, and this powder looked like it might do the job. The color itself looked like it would be a very close match to my own skintone, and there seemed to be a pretty ample amount of it, so I decided that I would take a risk and buy this powder.
When I applied it to my face, it looked like I had grabbed a piece of chalk and wiped it all over my face. I did use the powder up, but I most definitely did not repurchase this product.
I my suggestion is to save your money, and buy something better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 10:24:00 AM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this, the powder is so finely milled that it almost feels creamy and the color match and coverage is pretty good. I also really love the big mirror and packaging but this has no lasting power at all. Otherwise, I love everything else about it, especially since it doesn't break me out either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

It's quite a good powder at its price point, but I wouldn't buy this again. I would prefer to pay more for a more finely-milled powder. I got the powder in Translucent, and it sort of just sits there on top of my skin. I also don't care for the screw top package, preferring compacts, but the large diameter of the pan is very handy for using with a powder brush. Worth it if it works for you.