Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 4/20/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eh, this is just okay. It did clump a little when I put it on, but looked nice otherwise, initially. Before the day was over, it had smudges.
It doesn't hold a candle to Lancome.
This came with at GWP.

on 4/18/2008 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Wasn't able to hold a curl and it smudges a bit. With that said, it does add a little drama to the eyes, nothing spectacular.

on 4/16/2008 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has been my mascara for years now and honestly, I couldn't and still can't think of a better one. It lasts longer than the three months a mascara should last and not once has it become dry and cloggy. I also love how this is available in special boxes every once in a while with a little cream pot or a sample of eye patches and whatnot. Great stuff.

Will buy again!

on 4/14/2008 6:19:00 PM

Great mascara!!! Its very easy to remove too.

on 4/14/2008 2:21:00 PM

This mascara does give a dramatic look! A bit too much for me, actually, I prefer the natural look. It stays put during the day, yet it is easy to remove. However, when removing it, I get quite a bit of tiny mascara fibres stuck in my eyes - not good.

on 4/14/2008 4:05:00 AM

I used YSL Faux Cils for years and thought it was my perfect match. Unfortunately it gets really dry really to fast so I had to start my search for the perfect mascara again. This is definately it!
I got it as a sample at first and loved it so I had to finally get the full sized one. This gives length and volume, and gives just as good result as Faux Cils did. It's easy to remove, but still stays on for as long as I want it too. The only bad thing about this is that I didn't buy it sooner. A new HG, I love it!

on 4/8/2008 4:10:00 PM

I love this mascara. I use it for daytime, and I find that it has given me all of the things I want out of my mascara:

-length
-volume
-separation
-no flakes

I don't need to curl my lashes with this, but when I do, the results are great. This mascara works really great with my lashes, and I can take it off very easily with makeup remover. I like the brush on it, and find it very easy to apply and get all of the little lashes.

I would definitely repurchase this mascara.

on 4/6/2008 12:08:00 PM

this is a decent mascara. i havent been able to build the amazing volume that ive seen others get but i do like that it adds just enough volume in one sweep and doesnt clump or flake off and its not extremely expensive. i most likely wont repurchase this but you never know. maybe my continuing search for the perfect mascara will be shortened b/c i might end up coming back to this bc the price and quality is good enough but i cant say for sure.

on 4/5/2008 10:20:00 PM

My favourite mascara. Makes my lashes look thick and full without looking fake. Applies smoothly and washes off easily. My only complaint with this mascara is that it has a tendancy to smear a little by the end of the day and can flake a little under your eye, giving you the "dark circle" look. I usually receive this as part of GWP events so I have probably only ever purchased 1 or 2 tubes although I have worn it for years. Will repurchase.
***UPDATE***: Have switched to Naturally Glossy Mascara for everyday. I prefer the more natural look and better wear. I was sick of having mini-raccoon eyes by the end of everyday. This is still a great mascara for drama, length and fullness but will save it for evening wear.

on 4/4/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Disclaimer: I have the infamous short Asian lashes, and I have yet to find a mascara that works for me.

I got this mascara as GWP. It does not do anything noticeable to my lashes (e.g. lengthen or volumize), nor is it able to hold a curl. It's also clumpy and the skin around my eyes were stung when I accidentally put too much product on. The only thing I like is the brush, but unfortunately the product does nothing for my lashes.