November 27, 2014 | 958 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP and it's a pretty decent mascara. It's glossy, doesn't clump, goes on clean, and comes off pretty well too. It's not completely AMAZING or anything, but I've had worse. My eyelashes are kind of dinky and straight. This mascara doesn't give volume, length, or curl, but it darkens them and makes my eyes look pretty.
If you want something straightforward, I recommend this. I would buy it when I run out, but I'll be trying out other types because this one isn't the ONE for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ejmj

I love this... my favorite is still Long Pretty Lashes, but the brush on this is phenomenal... doesn't clump, gets every lash, and you can really control how much you get on. I dont' like the overly dramatic look, so I do a few swipes and I"m done! love it!

UPDATE- why is it I love mascara the first time I use it then HATE it so often the next time??? The first time was great... then the next time I tried to put it on it clumped all over my eyes, waht a mess. This is going back. Sticking w/ Long Pretty Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's really nothing high impact about this mascara, imo it was really poorly named bc it just doesn't live up to the expectations it creates. On me, it gives no additional length or volume, but it does go on very smoothly without clumping. It has a very wet texture, which I think helps cut down on the clumping, but it also makes my eyelashes very straight, completely removes any curl if I curl them, and I really prefer not to curl my lashes after applying mascara. On the plus side though, the color was fine, and it doesn't smell funny like a lot of the Clinique (esp waterproof) mascaras do. This might be a nice thing to use if you want a really simple, no fuss, natural look. Not super expensive, but I am slightly underwhelmed and combined with the fact that I can get something much more dramatic for less than half the price, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cziki

i was expecting this mascara to give more definition and volume to my lashes but unfortunately this didnt happen. i have shorter than average lashes which are quite straight so i prefer diorshow, but my best friend, who has naturally long and curly lashes, has used this product and the effects were beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by nikkimarieexoxo

I got this mascara as a free sample. I love it. It keeps my lashes seperate, unlike the other mascaras that tend to give you the spider lashes. I love it, I finally have found a mascara that looks good on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by augustpinkgirl

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I was given this in a GWP two years ago, and have been hooked ever since! It is perfect if you have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. The only problem is that it does run easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cassie785l

I don't need much when it comes to mascara. My lashes are very long and thick-they are just a lighter color toward the ends so in order for them to be visible I need to darken them with mascara. I received this as a GWP, and I've been using it on and off since. I've noticed that the past 4 times I've worn this I received compliments from complete strangers on my lashes. It must be good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also received this as a bonus sample with a Clinique purchase, and I was initally hooked. It went on wet, thin and seemed like a perfect mascara. But after the frist few uses, the tube seemed to start to dry out and my eyelashes got that dreaded spidery look. I thought it was an older tube, so I went back and purchased the full size. Again, I had initial success; and then (within a week!) it got noticeably globby and is more headahce than it's worth to use it anymore. I did try to clean off the brush, as well as the top of the bottle, but nothing seemed to work. If you like thickly spiderish lashes, this might be your HG mascara. If you like something less
Liza Minelli-ish, don't bother with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by valacy

I received this in a Clinique bonus and had no real plans on using it. Then I lost my mascara and went hunting for anything to use in my closet. I discovered this sample and tried it on -- I have been hooked ever since. It's my first Holy Grail. Seriously. The only product I've been able to cross off the list of "still searching for something that works" is this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by flirty

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It made my lashes thick but didn't clump..or flake! Love it.