Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 11/9/2003 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm just discovering that Armani line is all about texture. Their LSF is some of the best foundation ever. Having a bad luck with Becca (doesn't react well with my dry skin) this one is definitely a winner. #4 is a tad pinker than my asian, naturally-yellow tone skin but it wears like silk on my dry skin. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches or fine lines and love the soft fragrance. The coverage is light to medium, and it does creases on my frownlines if powdered too heavily, so I usually skip powder and add either cream blush/powder blush on top.

If you are in the market for a new foundation, this one is worth checking out. It is a bit costly but very much worth it. continued >>

on 11/7/2003 7:38:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff! when i first started wearing it, people (including my own boyfriend) would look at me, tilt their head and say, "wow, your skin looks really good!" it really makes me glow and doesn't have glitter flecks like in other products. it's a bit pricey, but it lasts. just one pump, and i'm good for the rest of the day!

on 11/5/2003 11:16:00 PM

This stuff is great. I've tried RMK, SKII and clinique before this. All of them are fine but LSF is just magic. Good coverage yet it looks so natural on my skin. Contrary to what some MUAers were saying, it doesn't emphasize my pores. Gives dewy finish without any dramatic shimmer. Thumbs up!

I don't wear foundation very often, but when I do, I wear this. I'm an LSF#5 and it just sinks right into my skin and covers very well. Perfect match. It definitely is Luminous, and gives my face a nice glow without being phospherescent. Very good for building and makes my skin look flawless.

My advice though is to make sure you've moisturised well because while it is quite slick, it will get cakey on any dry spots. I hope they never discontinue it!

on 10/20/2003 3:38:00 PM

Love this foundation. I don't know that it's anything truly spectacular, but here is what I like about it: full coverage. The consistency is rather thin but it's extremely pigmented, such that I really only need concealer for very dark spots on my face. It stays on all day, and actually looks better by the end of the day (at least on my dry skin). Unfragranced, unlike Becca's LSC which I used right before this.

Things I don't like: the colors are a little odd. You know how most Chantecaille foundations are just too pink for most skin tones? I think the Armani is too beige. My complexion is LLL/FFF, but #5 is too dark, and while #4 doesn't look too light, neither of them blend into my skin the way my Becca LSC in Cashmere did - I sat at the counter for an hour and there was not a single perfect match, and I decided it's because the colors are just toned oddly.

That said, the pump dispenser is convenient and hygenic (although the pump dispenses a little too much), and the price isn't bad. Great coverage, doesn't look overly heavy. Retails for $46.00

on 10/19/2003 8:53:00 AM

I'm still torn about this product. I've used it with the foundation brush and it still takes me longer to apply it evenly. Plus, as the MA suggested, I blot the excess with a make-up sponge. It seems to take a lot of time to get this product to blend.

When I finally do get it on, it's amazing! My skin glows and it looks extremely natural. I was worried that it would make my combination skin (oily with dry patches) more oily, but it doesn't. It's a wonderful foundation when I have the time and patience.

UPDATE: I've given up on LSF. It's too time consuming, magnifies dry patches, and became too oily on my skin, even though it's oil-free. I've switched to GA MSF, and that is my HG foundation.

on 10/14/2003 1:59:00 PM

The Cadillac of foundations. So many shades to choose from you can't not find a colormatch. Melds into the skin perfectly faking a flawless canvas. But at $55.00 a bottle it bloody better be good!

on 10/7/2003 9:20:00 PM

Made my skin oily after just a couple hours, so I am not able to justify the price. May work well for someone with dry skin. I didn't expect that there were tiny glitter like particles that make it 'luminous' and I am not into that all over my face.

on 10/2/2003 5:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this. Really, I did. I have heard so many raves. But, man! What a disappointment! At first, it looks great. But, it made my pores look huge, oily after a short time, faded in other areas and, worst of all, I BROKE OUT BADLY! Grrr! Up for swap!

on 10/1/2003 9:39:00 AM

ok, i admit: i bought this due to the raves on p'ville. when i finally have it, i tried abit on the back of my hand & cant detect anything special at all (nope, no angels descending the sky) so i didnt really care for it much (same applies for becca lsc). finally, i applied the lsf today & im in love
thumbs-up:

-live up to its name of being both "luminious" and "silky"

buildable coverage from sheer to medium without looking cakey or patchy

please moisturise well / apply a makeup base. otherwise, blending is more challenging & color may oxidize slightly

i dont like the opaque bottle as i like to see how much product remains
i truly love this product, but if i must choose, i'll still stick with my first love VLWC =) continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials