September 1, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I was not impressed by this product. I was eager to try it when I came on vacation to Montreal and I was very prepared to purchase it at its hefty price. The SA applied it to me with the Armani foundation brush and I was shocked by the texture. I was told this foundation was very moisturizing and she used it on my dry skin (after applying the Armani foundation primer first). I was appaled to see it highlighting every single flaw on my face! It looked cakey and heavy! The only plus was that the colors were very workable.

I believe this is a gimick foundation riding on the coat-tails of the Armani brandname. It is nothing different or impressive from any other heavy coverage liquid foundation. Definitely not worth the money. Giorgio Armani should stick to clothes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2003 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SimPLe_GuRL

the colour I have is too light, i have it in number 2. it was ok when i tried it in the counter, but i guess that was because of the lighting. since the colour is too light for my skin, i looked like wearing tons of foundation when i wear it, even thouht i only use a drop. it might look nicer on me if the colour is right. i like the texture

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Armani's LSF when I want to look very polished, not for everyday. It does not have obvious shimmery particles, but makes the skin look luminous and perfect. I believe there are 13 shades- I wear #2 and have very fair skin. 0 is white and #1 is extremely light.

This would be great for combo skin, but dry skinned ladies will have to make sure they don't have any flakes before they apply this because the foundation will accentuate them. Also, oily-skinned girls should use a mattifier/primer under this because it can definitely go from dewy to greasy quickly if it is not maintained.

The only real drawback to the LSF is the pump. It squirts out unevenly and excess foundation gets caked up around it. There is no way to get inside the bottle so the pump must be used. It's sanitary but obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2003 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nilbymouth

This is by far the BEST foundation I have ever used, its amazing and made even my patchy red cheeks look flawless, I will never use anything else! Only rant is for the bottle, gets messy as foundation drips down when you dispense.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2003 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sydklg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation, but I have to disagree with the reviews saying that it is sheer. I am used to really sheer foundations like Traceless and Becca's LSC - this is definitely heavier than that. Also, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me - it seemed to accentuate any dryness that I had, even though I used moisturizer first. I would use this for special occasions because it does leave a flawless smooth finish, but definitely not for a "no-makeup" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

Wow, i can't believe i'm the 60th person to review this foundation. Bless Saks for being generous about samples of this. And why wouldn't they, it's a great foundation, they're bound to hook a great many people. I have combo, uneven skin w/ noticably large pores. Doesn't sound too pretty huh. Well it ain't. It's my skin curse and it makes me a foundation ho. I have to have silicone in my foundation. This one's got it. However, i usually like a little more coverage. I'd say this is sheer. On the other hand, it has such a great sink in quality that i am drawn to it from time to time for a more natural look. I use #6 which is the oddest colour on the planet. THat's good news, so am i. It's practically green. Awesome. STill, my combo skin might not work well w/ this and the foundation turns a little greasy now and then. I will wear it on dry days. Great for drier gals. I give it a 4. No wait, lemme give it a 5, it truly is an exceptional product. I live Versace's Better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2003 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kismis

I love this product! It didn't break my sensitive skin out (though I've heard this can break people out!) and is easy to apply and blend, giving you a smooth finish. It comes in a hygenic, easy-to-use pump bottle and I find one little pump is slightly more than enough especially cos' it gives medium coverage but yet it does not ever look mask-like. No SPF or specific oil-control in this product. It doesn't make me too oily/shiny though but I do use a good oil-control loose powder, maybe that is why. Some may also find that the regulating the pump can sometimes mess up around the nozzle but minor issue to me, given how this foundation works for me!
This foundation gives me a natural, clean, my-skin-but-better look, helping me achieve a flawless complexion that is smooth and velvety to look and touch. Excellent coverage that doesn't look cakey or mask-like, so natural and flawless! As many thumbs up on this as possible! :)
ETA: I bought 6 at first but it turned to be waaay too yellow/ashy looking on me. I'm 5.5 now! 5 is a bit too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cherie_sydney

Very easy to blend, stays on well, nice packaging, what more can I say, this product is amazing and highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 7:55:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

One of my favourites. Fantastic finish. Leaves skin with an immaculate, delicate and pretty appearance. Wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Cloie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried everything out there. I had Saks SF send me samples, and #4 was an exact match. nice and neutral, not too pink or too yellow. It has an amazing, smooth texture, blends like a dream, and feels like nothing on. It is the ultimate your skin but better foundation. I have normal skin, occasional dryness, very occasional breakouts, often sensitive skin and this has caused no problems-feels better on than any other foundation - may not be suitable for those with oily skin-better if you tend towards dryness. Even Paula Begoun (www.cosmeticscop.com)
gave a rave review of this -check out the excerpts from her 6th edition of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" This is a great foundation.