November 27, 2014 | 1087 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 3:02:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

This IS my holy grail foundation. I wear Becca Cashmere LSC and Stila B/C, and #4 is what I wear in the LSF. It is perfect for my normal to dry skin. This is a relatively sheer foundation, so don't expect it to cover major imperfections. But if you're looking for a foundation that feels like your wearing nothing, makes you look poreless, and melts into your skin, this is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kottk005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this from another user. I have combo skin, with an oily T-zone at the end of the day and this foundation gets way too greasy through the T-zone for me. I also prefer more coverage, this is pretty sheer for me. I may try the Matte foundation though...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had the opportunity to test-drive this foundation recently and here are my thoughts...
Pros: excellent colors, feels light on the skin, lasts fairly well.
Cons: not nearly enough pigment to cover hyperpigmentation, and way too expensive!

I'm an NC20 & shade #2 was a perfect match.

Some have said that this gives amazing coverage but I disagree. I expected a fuller coverage foundation but this doesn't have enough pigment to pull off that kind of coverage (and yes, I tried to layer over trouble spots). I have combo skin, and liked the feel but I need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 1:10:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

*REVISED* A few years ago when I first tried this foundation, I sampled shade #5 and not only found it to be too pale for my NC30-35 skin, but it also did not "sit" well on my dry-normal skin. I could see the layer of foundation sitting on my flaky top layer of skin. Horrible. I rated this product a 1. Then recently, I revisited this product in shade #6 and found it to be amazing! Either they changed the formulation or my skin changed, but this shade now works BEAUTIFULLY. Set with loose powder, it gives me a flawless look. I find that I have to blot around my t-zone after 2-3 hours, but afterwards, it still looks great and lasts all day. Its my HG now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 4:13:00 PM More reviews by lolita_haze_hh

I guess I could give it more lippies cuz it IS a good foundation, just not right for oily / combo skin. It leaves a nice finish (not much coverage tho), but after a little while (less than an hour) it just looks dirty-shiny.

The color match was good tho, I have light skin w/ yellow undertones and LSF #5 look really good. But for a little while only.

Ughh, well I had to try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by suggarrei

I really, really wanted to love this, and I did for about 1 hour! It only lasted about an hour me. I have pretty oily skin right now, and I must say this just had no oil control properties. i loved the finish, though. I liken it to Chantecaille Future SKin. Don't use if you are oily/shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jellybeam

I think I've finally found my perfect foundation. I liked my Becca LSC but the Armani LSF is even better. It gives a really nice finish and has a good coverage. I find that the Armani colour matches my skin better than the Becca one. It didn't cause any breakouts. Five stars for this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oohhhh..I wanted to love this so much. Waited weeks for my sample from Saks. Didn't love it. Very average to me. Definately not for anyone with dry skin...enhanced my flakes and didn't have too much staying power. Good coverage and natural finish though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2003 1:42:00 AM More reviews by autumnheart

Love this foundation. I can't say that it lasts; afterall, non of my foundation (liquid or 2-way) lasts on me.

I love it because it's easy to apply, doesn't streak and it's not too sheer (like RMK's liquid fdtn) nor too thick. It covers my pores relatively well and blends.

The design of the bottle is great too! A pump dispenser will prevent wastage and ensure that the content is not contaminated.

I am now using #4 (MAC NC30, Stila #C). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by paya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a bottle of this in #8 on a recent trip to NYC. I have to admit I am very impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder. So far I'm very pleased with it. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.