July 31, 2014 | 1009 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this foundation. I haven't broken out once in the week and a half I have been using it and, wonder of wonders, the #3 shade matches my skin color exactly. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on very nicely without the compromise of turning greasy on the face after 10 minutes. A terrific foundation overall, I might even call it my favourite. ***EDITED TO SAY*** I've been using this foundation for a month now and all I can add to my previous review is that if possible, I love the LSF even more. I used to apply foundation and spend nearly 10 minutes trying to get it to look natural. Now, I just put some on and go... completely secure that I look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 3:24:00 PM More reviews by D-Girl

This is one of my top three favorite foundations. I love the finish this offers and the coverage is just right. Its a very innovative formula that glides on like, well, silk and maintains a nice satiny finish without looking greasy or cakey. It evens up the skin tone and blends out evenly with no streaking. For color reference, I am a MAC C3, Stila D, RMK 103, and I wear the #6 in Armani.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 11:25:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I have had a strange journey with this foundation. I tried it in #1 several months ago and HATED it. Although I'm super PPP, this was too light, a weird color, and too shimmery. It looked mask-like. At a recent event, I got a makeover and tried again. Pat McGrath herself was there and she mixed shade #2 with Fluid Sheer #2 and applied it lightly with a foundation brush. Gorgeous! So sheer and natural looking, but it made my skin look flawless. I agree with Bastet. PPPs should try #2 if 1 doesn't work. This is a lovely foundation in almost every way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2002 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I have combination skin that's very sensitive, and lately I've been getting lots of flakies (winter time?).. although this foundation doesn't cause any irrations, it does accentuates the flakies which makes the finish look rather unnatural and chalky. BUT that is only the case when I wear it in daylight or anywhere with sunlight. When I have this on at night, my skin looks soooo luminous and polished! (i know, love it? hate it?) It also has a wonderful staying power--I put it on at 8am, and it's still intact at 9pm without any touchups! The coverage is adjustable, from sheer to medium. It won't cover any acne marks or blemishes though. The finish is shinny, not in an oily way but in a luminous way. I've debated whether I should keep it or swap it, and in the end I've decided to keep it for evening use. I wear #4 (Chanel 20 Clair, Becca Camel, Chantecaille Camomile).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2002 4:32:00 AM More reviews by decardes

OMGosh!!! i love this foundation, it's silky and a breeze to apply, it's soo sheer so you can control how much coverage you want. i'm LSF #5 and MAC NC30, i can't stop raving about this foundation it comes in a pump bottle *very hygenic* and it's weightless, feels like a second skin!
only one gripe, although the pump dispenser is super hygenic it kinda squeezes out alot.. oh well.. but this product it soo perfect i have combi skin and my face feels so matte. a definate MUST BUY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 9:20:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I just received a sample of this in a swap and I am LOVING this stuff. This foundation really makes my skin look even and makes it look like as if I'm not wearing any foundation! I usually use Becca's foundation stick or Chanel's Double Perfection Compact and this is way better than those two. I've also tried Becca's LSC but the Becca one didn't offer me any coverage and looked a bit greasy on my combo oily skin. The LSF just blended in. I will have to get the full size of this foundation for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:45:00 PM More reviews by icit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was way to slick for me. I wanted to love it after all the work it took for me to get the sample but I couldn't. It's too greasy (not silky) and don't stay on the skin. It covers nothing. I also found that if you touch your face it comes right off without any effort. It's more like a colored cream. I love the texture but it doesn't do the job of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2002 7:06:00 PM More reviews by trishouna

I picked up this because my muched loved Chanel DPF was too drying for my winter skin. This is a nice hydrating foundation that goes on very sheer, but provides enough coverage to even out my skin. It also gives a dewey finish without looking like a grease pot.

I don't know if i LOVE it, but i certainly like it a lot. Kinda reminds me of Chanel's Multi-Vitamin Foundation.

Very natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 6:15:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent foundation which blends really easily and feels very silky. The best thing about it is that I don't need any powder over the top of it. I bought shade #1 which is almost too pale for my skin so next time I'll probably buy #2. UPDATE: I now wear #2 and have bought 3 bottles of this stuff so far. Total Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2002 1:02:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraN

After hearing all of the raves for this foundation, I called the Saks in NY and had samples sent to me in numbers 4, 5 and 6 (I wear Bobbi Brown Beige, MAC Studiofix NW25 and Becca Toast). Number 6 was a perfect match, and I have since ordered a full-sized bottle and have been wearing it for the last couple of weeks - flawless! You control how sheer you want it, or build up for more coverage during breakouts, etc. My new holy grail of foundations - MUAers have the best recommendations!