August 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cream, and here's why:

First, as my skin gets older, makeup looks more and more awful on it -- looks cakey, accentuates fine lines, sits in the pores, etc. Makeup that used to work for me 6 years ago doesn't anymore. So it's really important to me to have a makeup to cover while still looking natural like good skin, but very hard to find a product that achieves that on my dry-ish skin.

This Maybelline BB cream has a very smooth texture. Looks very orange when squirted out of the tube, but it transforms really well to my skin tone when applied. It makes my skin look healthy, and like skin. It has absolutely NO look of makeup, cakey-ness, or look like anything is sitting on the skin. Beautiful.

I am fair and veer to the cool side, and the lightest color in this BB cream looks great. I also tested the next color in the store, and also put it on my hand, and it seemed to transform a bit too, which attests that it must adjust a bit. But I bought the lightest one.

It is not a matte look nor is it an over-dewy look like some makeups. It just has that look of really healthy hydrated skin. If you have very oily skin, you may need to blot during the day or wear a sheer powder over top. For my dry skin, this is all I need. I do have some slight red spots (old scars) and this doesn't totally cover them, but I will say even full coverage makeup hasn't always either. This does make the skin more even-looking, so even if the spots are slightly there, it still looks good.

I should add that I'm not using this BB cream for any skin benefits.I have other products for that. Its purpose for me is a makeup that doesn't look like makeup on my skin, and this fits the bill perfectly. This BB cream does not irritate my sensitive skin or bring up those little irritation bumps. I do not break out from it either. In contrast, others have made my face itch. This does not.

The other thing I really love about this is that it does NOT have parabens and the ingredients are much better than some of the more toxic ones out there. It also has a sunscreen. I have not used Asian ones to compare, but some of those do have parabens and other suspect chemicals.

The final thing is that I do use copper peptides which is contraindicated with zinc, so I can only use the peptides at night (not wearing makeup) because most makeups contain zinc. This BB cream does NOT have zinc in it. This means I can use the copper peptides during the day along with this BB cream, whereas I could not if I used other makeup or creams containing zinc.

EDIT: Another thing I found good about this one is that on days where you really want even more coverage but your mainstay makeup is just too cakey, mix a little of it with this BB cream. For me, it took away the cakiness of the regular makeup and gave it the natural look that this BB cream has, meaning no cake, no crepey texture, no accenting of lines, etc. :) Disclaimer: I'm no chemist so I wouldn't know if any chemical clashes could occur when mixing formulas. Any time I've done it though was OK.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! The only down fall is that it looks a little oily throughout the day. I didnt have to reapply but would definitely set it with a powder. I used Covergirl translucent honey or MSFN in dark. Will def buy again, great for summer and no makeup makeup days.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

Horrible ingredient list. How is 1.15% titanium dioxidide going to provide you SPF 30? I don't see how this could possible benefit the skin. I hate American BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit to not knowing much about BBs or anything. I saw this advertised, and it seemed like just the thing I was looking for. I don't need really heavy foundation, but I do need a BIT more than just a tinted moisturizer. This is perfect for me. It doesn't break me out -- which most makeup tends to do -- and I absolutely love the way it makes my skin look. I don't really think it looks like you're wearing makeup at all -- just kind of evens things out and gives you a nice, fresh glow. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by RSKomes

I've been using this product for about a month now and have been very pleased.

With the steamy weather, I couldn't wear foundation and a mineral powder on its own wasn't giving me the coverage I needed. I like this BB for several reasons, it's light, tinted, contains an SPF of 30, moisturises and doesn't cause breakouts - uber important for me since I tend to have a reaction to almost everything, especially anything with a sunscreen in it.

Since it's a primer and moisturiser, I can easily transition this into my winter make up regime and would definitely buy this product again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I have been searching for a good foundation alternative for a while. I have tried multiple tinted moisturizers and they have all broken me out... Meaning I need more coverage now. So I started looking at BB creams. Garnier got so-so reviews, covergirl got awful reviews, and I am but a poor cosmetology student so ordering a pricier one was out of the question. This BB cream seemed like a good bet so I picked it up. The coverage leans more towards tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin and feels really good on my face. Definitely a "your skin only better" thing. While my skin isn't at its clearest I dust a mineral foundation over the top and it looks pretty and natural. I can't wait to be able to wear this alone. I may never go back to regular foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, and sensitive skin that tends to react to almost anything that is applied on it. I was perusing through Walmart recently and I noticed this display and figured it was worth trying it out considering that it was under ten dollars. The coverage is light, which is fine, especially seeing as this summer has been especially hot. I set this with Almay's TLC powder and my skin looks radiant, and natural. I will buy again, the sunscreen and the fact that it hasn't caused me any irritation makes it well worth the buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by areno79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been wanting to jump on the BB Cream bandwagon, saw this at Walmart for less than 10 bucks and decided to give it a try.
When I first used it I was surprised at how dark the color looked out of the bottle, but it went on my skin a little lighter so it was a decent color match.
It doesn't provide much coverage for my red, splotchy skin, (only a heavy duty foundation really does) but it had enough coverage to not make me feel sub-conscious, which I think is the point of a tinted moisturizer.
However, every time I've worn it, I've broken out in zits at weird spots on my face...my chin, under my nose, my cheek. It does make my skin look oily (and my skin is normally dry), so if you have oily skin this product might not work for you. The zits really ruined it for me so I'll be tossing it. :( My skin is already bad enough, don't need to add to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gocats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I can't comment on this as a BB cream (when I ran across the term "BB cream" on MUA I had to Google it), but it is a nice tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone and substitutes for foundation for everyday makeup. I wear a separate SPF 30 moisturizer, so I'm not concerned about the amount of titanium dioxide in it. My face is occasionally shiny at the end of the day, but when it's 95 degrees and humid, shine's going to happen. I will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Initially I thought this product was great. Though the '8 in 1' claims aren't really significant (I didn't expect them to be for $8.99), I thought this was a a good drugstore alternative to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Also, the shade range is incredible compared to similar products. It applies well, doesn't cover well, but it does even out complexion as a bb cream or tinted moisturizer should. But after a week or so wearing this with a light powder on top, I was noticing that my skin wasn't breaking out with pimples, but with white heads. Little clusters of them appeared every where and we not that noticeable in an indoor setting. But in the wrong light, the texture of my skin looked uneven and bumpy. I've switched back to my Laura Mercier. Even though it's quadruple the price, it keeps my skin texture normal.