Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 6/23/2006 12:56:00 AM

This product would probably be best for the very driest of skins...on my cheeks (which a facialist once described as "dry as a chip"), this moisturizer didn't sink in for awhile, and my face felt sticky for the rest of the evening. Having said that, it really does get rid of the flakies. A lighter cream moisturizer that I really love as an alternative is Complex 15 Daily Face Cream.

on 6/20/2006 11:21:00 AM

I'm not a fan of this lotion. Though it's unscented, there's still a stink about it that makes me hold my breath when I apply. It soaks in okay, but I don't find it very moisturizing--my cheeks always feel tight.

on 6/16/2006 1:18:00 PM

As long as this doesn't break me out, this really might be my HG year-round moisturizer. It's pretty hard to find a moisturizer with a good texture that doesn't break me out and doesn't have any fragrance or problem ingredients. So far, this is all that and more. Extremely spreadable and works great under makeup. It's honestly the best moisturizer I've ever used. Hopefully this will be it.

on 6/9/2006 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Since this is a cream and I'm pretty oily, I really wouldn't put this on my face unless I had to. And I have had to - when I'm sick and my nose is sore and red and raw, this is the only thing that will get my nose back to normal within 24 hours. It kicks the rear end of the Jergens "ultra healing" lotion I had been using!

I mainly use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my hands overnight (along with the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Beauty Queen Wave moisturizing gel gloves) to soften them up, and it does a pretty decent job at that. My hands do start drying out after the second or third handwashing of the day, though, hence the 3 lippie rating. It also doesn't do too much for my cuticles and nails, even though I make sure to massage it onto those areas.

I don't mind the tub that this comes in, as I use anti-bacterial soap as a hand wash before I dip into this or any other beauty jar. The smell is kind of funny, though it disappears quickly. If you get too much lotion out, you'll have to wipe it off elsewhere as the lotion will start to almost ball up and stop sinking into your skin. Since I have tons of this left, I can't imagine ever having to repurchase. When I do run out, though, I'll probably look for something else, since I already have tons of hand and body lotions.

on 6/9/2006 2:24:00 PM

this moisturizer is really thick feeling, and left my face with numerous breakouts the next morning. yuck - good thing this was just a trial size! i would never buy this.

on 5/22/2006 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried every expensive cream there is (see my review of BB's cream), but I always go back to this baby. Unscented, easy to spread and easily absorbed. Pulls double-duty as face and body cream, and so cheap I should be arrested for larceny. I use this over my Philosophy Help Me retinol(night). Just love it. Non-greasy, non-smelly, what's not to love? I get a 20 oz tub (the only bad thing about it is the packaging, people. Pump bottle, please!) at Costco for $10. Hello? Cheap!

on 5/20/2006 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading all of the positive reviews, I was excited to see if I could substitute a drugstore moisturizer for my current Darphin moisturizer. Unfortunately, it made me break out a little so I stopped using this on my face. Does a nice job on the body though - not greasy, absorbs fast, and no scent at all.

on 5/19/2006 11:40:00 PM

it was good till i found it broke me out on my face.

on 5/19/2006 6:58:00 PM

Be very cautious if you are using this on your face. I decided to try this based on the stellar reviews and because I have very sensitive skin and liked the fact that it was fragrance free.

This caused redness and breakouts! This really surprised me because I rarely breakout and this product is advertised for dry, sensitive skin and for being non-comedogenic. Did not work for me.

I will go ahead and use it as a body cream- - -should work fine for that purpose. But as a facial moisturizer- - -I wouldn't recommend this product.

on 4/30/2006 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this product as an eye cream and body moisturizer during the cold, dry winter months. The tub is annoying, but the formulation is smooth and easy to spread. It's also good to use on cheeks when they are extra dry, and it hasn't made me break out. Just make sure that when you go to the store, buy the generic brand instead of the Cetaphil brand. The generic is half the price and is the EXACT same. Don't get ripped off!