October 26, 2014 | 1212 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lippylou_kisses

If you are prone to breakouts, but have some flaky areas, this is the cream for you! My skin is combo/sensitive/flaky and prone to breakouts. This is the only heavy cream that does not make me breakout. I use it mostly around my eyebrow area (which always seems to get dry in the winter time) and anywhere else that need a little more moisture. (In all the other areas I use ProActiv Oil-Free Moisturizer- see review). I will buy this again if the huge tube I own ever runs out. Beware, a little bit goes a long way. I applied too much the first time I tried it, and my face was super shiny all day. I think some people that don't like this cream may have been using too large of an amount possibly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by girliewirlie

I like this product, it's my nightime moisturizer. It's not greasy or thick, it's creamy and medium thickness. It leaved my skin soft and supple. You really get a bang for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by abfrey974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great find thanks to MUA! I have extremely dry flaky skin on my cheeks and forehead as soon as we mwke the switch from AC to heat. This thick but not too heavy cream, applied post shower then agin before bed leaves my skin soft and supple-a true relief from the tightness I usually feel this time of year. The moisture lasts all day. With other products, I'd get flakies by afternoon. No harsh fragrance. Doesn't make me break out. $11 at Target for a GIANT jar that will last well past winter.I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by redgirldc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. My skin is hypersensitive and acne-prone, and in the winter months it is a struggle to find a moisturizer that will work with my extremely dry skin without breaking me out. This is it! I had actually tried Cetaphil lotion with terrible results---it stings my skin and gave me tons of zits. Given my bad luck with the lotion, I was hesitant to try the cream, but I'm so glad I did. Within 3 days of use, my inflamed and red skin looked like new. It is so cheap, and works so well! I spent years wasting money on expensive creams (estee lauder mainly) and this works so much better. It actually reduced my breakouts as well, which I find amazing. The only problem I have with this product is that it clogs the pores a tad on my nose and chin, but it's such a minor problem. If you've been disappointed with the lotion and/or your skin won't tolerate it, try the cream. My HG moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For combination complexions prone to blackheads, this is too heavy.

Plus, animal testing of cosmetic products is unnecessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Is that the Hallelujah choir? I'm 18 with very, very dry skin. I started using the gentle cleanser to quit stripping what minimal oils I still had left from my skin. However, my skin was still taut and painfully itchy. I started using body lotion with shea butter on my face. This didn't relieve the pain and caused blackheads. Then I tried vaseline and started breaking out regularly but still I had this flakey nasty skin around my nose and eyes. I purchased my next bottle of cleanser with a sample tube of cream and I'm in love. Not only does this take care of the itchies and flakes, my skin looks supple and clean - no more breakouts and fewer blackheads than ever before. I just wish they sold the tube version at my store, because the big jar isn't very portable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by babyv7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and eczema. This stuff is the best. It comes in a big container, so it's not travel friendly, but it looks like it'll last forever and it's a great price for what you get. It's fairly heavy; slightly less heavy than Creme de la Mer, but more slick. I've tried many moisturizers including Creme de la Mer, Estee Lauder, Pond's, Lancome, Jojoba Oil, Clinique, Vaseline, etc. and they either don't moisturize as much as I would like or they irritate my skin since it's very sensitive. Would definitely purchase again. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for someone with oily skin or even combination skin, but for dry skin, give it a try. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've decided I can't live without this product.

My skin's oily, acne-prone and sensitive from product abuse. Furthermore, because of acne-medications, my face also has extremely dry spots.

This is the only cream that moisturises wonderfully without breaking me out. In fact, it calms down my skin after I've weakened in and tried a new product that doesn't agree with me. I use this for a few days with Differin and the cystic acne goes down.

Knowing me, I'll keep trying new products (can't resist), but this cream will always be my standby and the one cream I will take with me wherever I go.

Oh btw, it's fantastic on plane journeys. If I take off all my makeup and slather this on, my skin doesn't get that dry, tired look that you get after 5 hours on a plane.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jenesis914

I love this for days when my skin is ridiculously dry. I would put this on before I shower and then wipe it off afterwards and put on a thin layer all over. The next day, my skin is absolutely moisturized and supple. I mostly use this on my face for removing make up which works like a dream. It makes my oily skin more oily but it moisturizes so well I dont even care. Putting on powder foundation is so much smoother after using this the night before. I love it. Best part is, it doesnt make you break out because its non-comodogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by wruw

I love Cetaphil -- I actually do not use it on my face, but rather on my body afer I shower. Keeps my skin moisturized and soft. I use the cream in the winter and lotion in the summer. Love how cheap and wondeful it is.