Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is simply wonderful! I have added this to the end of my routine by using all my normal products one at a time, allowing each to soak in and then after about 5 or 10 minutes putting some of this on to seal it all in and boy has it worked wonders. Last week, my skin was aging way to fast and the fine lines were getting bigger too quickly for a 33 year old. My skin was just too dried out from overtreating everything. Now my skin looks plump and moisturized and I'm just thrilled. It won't make you 15 again, but it sure is a treat for the skin. I have acne prone skin and this hasn't caused a single breakout. It's actually helping my skin heal because it seals it off and protects it from the elements. It's a little pricey and I don't like the tub, but otherwise, this will be in my cabinet until I'm 90! Love it!

So far, I love this stuff. I read about it here and decided to go for it since my skin had waged an oily/flaky battle on me. I use mark's Things You Dew moisturizer all over my face (unfortunately they don't make this anymore), and Cetaphil's moisturizing cream on my dry spots- chin, cheeks, whatever. It really does the job and my skin has improved since. It feels great on my face and even on my lips. It makes them feel so soft.
I've read reviews about the packaging, but I really would prefer the tub to a pump or tube since the cream is very thick and I could imagine getting pretty annoyed trying to get the right amount of this stuff out. I can get just the right amount out of the tub. The price was kind of high for a drugstore product, however it will last me a REALLY long time since it's a huge tub and a lot goes a long way. Great product!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Perfection! Everything has been said already but this soothes and moisturises my parched skin. I've had eczema since I was a baby and it definitely works well for that too.

I'm pretty impressed. My skin is oily on the surface, but dry/flaky underneath. I didn't have any skin problems until I started on Alesse birth control pills, and ever since then, my skin has been breaking out very badly and i have a lot of dark acne scars. I also just moved to indianapolis from alabama and my skin has dried out in the new climate. i was a little worried cetaphil would a) break me out and b) make my skin appear oily/greasy. it has done neither, and I'm so thrilled! i think the bumps/acne i have are typical ones i would have, and my skin does not look or feel greasy. i think in the summer it would be too heavy, but with the weather (40 degrees F) here it's been fabulous. However, I don't think it's a 5 because a) i feel that it's not moisturizing enough (shocking!) - it's fine on my cheeks, forehead, and areas that don't need intense moisture, but on my chin and around my lips i find it's not as moisturizing as i would like. i'm exfoliating pretty regularly, which helps a little. maybe it just needs time. and b) it's in a tub. i imagine it can get unsanitary - it reminds me a lard. i got the CVS version of this, and i think it works just fine (i've never used the name brand). it was $10, and i imagine it will last forever! i like it on my hands and other dry spots as well. i will buy it again if it helps with the dry patches! best of luck to you, and i hope this helped someone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Second Review Here (can't seem to find the original one i wrote) I admit i'm a product whore - i can't resist testing out new things even if something is working well for me. That said, this is THE only face moisturizer i panick at the thought of it running out, one of only 2 moisturizers i have actually finished using (the other being LRP's Toleriane fluid) and the ONLY one that i have repurchased immediately and stocked up on. I love this as my daily face and night moisturizer - the combination of Eucerin pH5 Washlotion as a cleanser and Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream has given me the best skin ever. My pores are clear and unclogged, no new acne has formed, skin is even, plumped and smooth. Absolute HG! I only wish that the tube comes with a flip-top cap, since it can be fairly tricky navigating a screw-top with greased fingers. And the last bits at the end of the tube are difficult to get at.

This is my HG moisturizer. I've gone through 3 tubs of this last year. I've been using it for years. It is a cream, but not heavy at all and that's what I love about it. It moisturizes without the greasy residue. I also love that it's super hypoallergenic. As pp's have mentioned, I also use it on my daughter's face when she has eczema flare ups. The only things that worked were Aquaphor or Cetaphil cream. The aquaphor was a bit too greasy for me during the day (it would get all over my clothes when I'd feed her), so I tried this. Worked beautifully. It is a staple in our house. I've been using it for years without any disappointment. I just wish, wish, wish, it weren't in a tub. That's my only beef about it.

I started buying this cream when my baby was diagnosed with eczema - and the key to preventing her eczema flare-ups was keeping her skin well-moisturized. I really wanted to stay away from heavy guns like Elidel and steroids when she's so young. We did Aquaphor which helped a bit but she always felt like a greased piglet, so I decided to try Cetaphil cream (never tried the lotion as I thought it wouldn't be adequate) and her skin improved a lot. We've been using it for over a year (she's almost 2), every day twice a day (and after every bath). While it's true that most kids outgrow their eczema, I believe this cream has helped a lot. She now has small patches of dry skin here and there, and when they are really dry, I'll apply a thin layer of hydrocortisone 2.5% daily for a few days along with the usual Cetaphil and they get better. In the past few months, I decided to use the cream on my face at night and I really love it. After washing and toner, the cream goes on so smoothly w/o feeling greasy at all. Then I started using using it in the morning after washing, followed by Dermalogia sunscreen, then Px virtuals skin foundation then powder, and my combination skin stays soft for hours. I haven't had dry patches on my combination skin since using this cream, and my foundation goes on really nicely. I usually have to brush some powder on in the late afternoon, but I have to do that regardless of which moisturizer I use in the morning anyways. It will be great for my skin during this winter. I normally get this at Costco $10 for a 20 oz jar (whereas Target would sell a 15 oz jar for $12). It's the only cream I use on my baby - J&J and other baby creams just aren't as moisturizing enough for her skin.

Best stuff ever for severly dry and sensitive skin. I have had psorasis my whole life sometimes it would get so bad my shins would scab and bleed but it is completely gone now. In fact I am constantly complimented on how soft my skin is.

Since my teenage years my face has been so oily that I dont own a facial moisturizer. My makeup mission has been to eliminate the shine. This all changed when I started retin a 3 months ago. Except for the t zone I was flaking and itching. I didnt get that my face was dry. A week ago this foreign concept occured to me as I studied my face. Well, no facial moisturizer in the house. What was sitting next to the sink was the cetaphil cream in the gigantic tub resembling crisco which I have only used for my hands and feet. I debated whether to use it on my face. I thought what the heck I can just wash it off if its horrible. I tried a tiny dab. WOW It melted into my skin. No shine or greasines. I was shocked at how elegant it felt on my face. The flakes and itching were gone. My face looked and felt sooo smooth. Since then I have been using it every day morning and night after cleansing. All the side effects from retin a is greatly reduced or gone. What serendipity. Maybe any moisturizer would have worked but I love this so much I am going to stick with it. I tried the cetaphil lotion which I also had in the house but it was shiny and felt tacky on the face until I washed it off. Maybe it was the amount I used but surprisingly heavier than the cream.

Just started using this (along with the cleanser) a couple of months ago. I've been using the lotion but it wasn't moisturizing me enough. I was really hesitant to try the "cream" thinking that meant "oil" but checked out its ingredients and it had glycol instead, so I gave it a shot. It's wonderful for my dry, oily acne skin. My face isn't an major oil slick by 11am. With the cleanser, this cream is great in evening out my skin and soothing it too. I'm not afraid to touch my face anymore - am loving it!