August 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by babyv7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and eczema. This stuff is the best. It comes in a big container, so it's not travel friendly, but it looks like it'll last forever and it's a great price for what you get. It's fairly heavy; slightly less heavy than Creme de la Mer, but more slick. I've tried many moisturizers including Creme de la Mer, Estee Lauder, Pond's, Lancome, Jojoba Oil, Clinique, Vaseline, etc. and they either don't moisturize as much as I would like or they irritate my skin since it's very sensitive. Would definitely purchase again. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for someone with oily skin or even combination skin, but for dry skin, give it a try. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've decided I can't live without this product.

My skin's oily, acne-prone and sensitive from product abuse. Furthermore, because of acne-medications, my face also has extremely dry spots.

This is the only cream that moisturises wonderfully without breaking me out. In fact, it calms down my skin after I've weakened in and tried a new product that doesn't agree with me. I use this for a few days with Differin and the cystic acne goes down.

Knowing me, I'll keep trying new products (can't resist), but this cream will always be my standby and the one cream I will take with me wherever I go.

Oh btw, it's fantastic on plane journeys. If I take off all my makeup and slather this on, my skin doesn't get that dry, tired look that you get after 5 hours on a plane.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jenesis914

I love this for days when my skin is ridiculously dry. I would put this on before I shower and then wipe it off afterwards and put on a thin layer all over. The next day, my skin is absolutely moisturized and supple. I mostly use this on my face for removing make up which works like a dream. It makes my oily skin more oily but it moisturizes so well I dont even care. Putting on powder foundation is so much smoother after using this the night before. I love it. Best part is, it doesnt make you break out because its non-comodogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by wruw

I love Cetaphil -- I actually do not use it on my face, but rather on my body afer I shower. Keeps my skin moisturized and soft. I use the cream in the winter and lotion in the summer. Love how cheap and wondeful it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by adamanteve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had very dry, sensitive skin and eczema since I was a little girl and this product has been so key in helping it stay moisturized, I can't remember a time when it hasn't been in my bathroom. I only recommend this though if you have dry (or dry and sensitive) skin. It says on the tub itself that it is "formulated specifically for chronic dry, sensitive skin" and most of my friends with normal skin say it's too greasy for them to use as a moisturizer on their face. It is also fragrance free which I love because I do not like scented lotions. So if any of this sounds like you then I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why people like this so much. Nope, can't say I'd spend 11$ bucks again on this product. This is an overpriced tub of grease. This just sat on my skin with a perpretual oil slick all day. Makeup didnt stick during the day, left oil marks on my 100% cotton pillowcases, and smelled like chemicals. Not a great experience. I'll stick with my Nivea - better price point and overall value.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by SweetPea

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 39 and I have used this cetaphil lotion as my facial moisturizer for more than 14 years now. I look 10-12 years younger than I am and get constant feedback about this - it's genetic somewhat - my Mom was the same, but I think some of it is due to the fact that I use Cetaphil at least twice a day. I tried it based on a friend's rec cuz I broke out and got redness on my cheeks from everything else. I don't break out from it at all, and my skin tone is even as long as it's all I use. I have tried other things some over the years and I always go back to the Cetaphil. I love how it feels too. The one negative thing I've noticed is I think it makes the pores on my nose more clogged than they would be otherwise, but I do facial steams and gentle squeezing a couple of times a month and that seems to help with that..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2005 2:11:00 AM More reviews by JoyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product during winter because my skin was so dry it was starting to flake. I used it every morning and my skin went back to normal. I would only recommend this moisturiser for very dry skin people. My skin is normally combo/oily and as the weather is becoming warmer i have to stop using it because it is soaking up all my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product because my derm told me to. I have skin that can be dry and itchy, and extremely sensitive compounded by minor psoriasis. I have experienced no ill effects with this moisturizer, and it has a nice light feel and absorbs quickly. I have not experienced chronically dry skin since using this product. It does not stop my pores from being clogged by environmental conditions, however. It is not glamourous. It does not have any fragrance, but that's the point. I find it to be expensive for the amount in the tube. I prefer the tube as a quick, messless way of dispensing the product. For those interested, my derm was specific in telling me to use the cream, not the lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 10:29:00 AM More reviews by laineypsu

This moisturizer is the best. It doesn't have any lovely smells but it does moisturize wonderfully, and isn't that the point? Put your smelly stuff on top of this and you're good to go. Would be a definite repurchase for me, but I am looking for an alternative since they test on animals. A must for people on accutane, by the way.