September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by redgirldc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. My skin is hypersensitive and acne-prone, and in the winter months it is a struggle to find a moisturizer that will work with my extremely dry skin without breaking me out. This is it! I had actually tried Cetaphil lotion with terrible results---it stings my skin and gave me tons of zits. Given my bad luck with the lotion, I was hesitant to try the cream, but I'm so glad I did. Within 3 days of use, my inflamed and red skin looked like new. It is so cheap, and works so well! I spent years wasting money on expensive creams (estee lauder mainly) and this works so much better. It actually reduced my breakouts as well, which I find amazing. The only problem I have with this product is that it clogs the pores a tad on my nose and chin, but it's such a minor problem. If you've been disappointed with the lotion and/or your skin won't tolerate it, try the cream. My HG moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For combination complexions prone to blackheads, this is too heavy.

Plus, animal testing of cosmetic products is unnecessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Is that the Hallelujah choir? I'm 18 with very, very dry skin. I started using the gentle cleanser to quit stripping what minimal oils I still had left from my skin. However, my skin was still taut and painfully itchy. I started using body lotion with shea butter on my face. This didn't relieve the pain and caused blackheads. Then I tried vaseline and started breaking out regularly but still I had this flakey nasty skin around my nose and eyes. I purchased my next bottle of cleanser with a sample tube of cream and I'm in love. Not only does this take care of the itchies and flakes, my skin looks supple and clean - no more breakouts and fewer blackheads than ever before. I just wish they sold the tube version at my store, because the big jar isn't very portable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by babyv7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and eczema. This stuff is the best. It comes in a big container, so it's not travel friendly, but it looks like it'll last forever and it's a great price for what you get. It's fairly heavy; slightly less heavy than Creme de la Mer, but more slick. I've tried many moisturizers including Creme de la Mer, Estee Lauder, Pond's, Lancome, Jojoba Oil, Clinique, Vaseline, etc. and they either don't moisturize as much as I would like or they irritate my skin since it's very sensitive. Would definitely purchase again. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for someone with oily skin or even combination skin, but for dry skin, give it a try. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've decided I can't live without this product.

My skin's oily, acne-prone and sensitive from product abuse. Furthermore, because of acne-medications, my face also has extremely dry spots.

This is the only cream that moisturises wonderfully without breaking me out. In fact, it calms down my skin after I've weakened in and tried a new product that doesn't agree with me. I use this for a few days with Differin and the cystic acne goes down.

Knowing me, I'll keep trying new products (can't resist), but this cream will always be my standby and the one cream I will take with me wherever I go.

Oh btw, it's fantastic on plane journeys. If I take off all my makeup and slather this on, my skin doesn't get that dry, tired look that you get after 5 hours on a plane.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jenesis914

I love this for days when my skin is ridiculously dry. I would put this on before I shower and then wipe it off afterwards and put on a thin layer all over. The next day, my skin is absolutely moisturized and supple. I mostly use this on my face for removing make up which works like a dream. It makes my oily skin more oily but it moisturizes so well I dont even care. Putting on powder foundation is so much smoother after using this the night before. I love it. Best part is, it doesnt make you break out because its non-comodogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by wruw

I love Cetaphil -- I actually do not use it on my face, but rather on my body afer I shower. Keeps my skin moisturized and soft. I use the cream in the winter and lotion in the summer. Love how cheap and wondeful it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by adamanteve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had very dry, sensitive skin and eczema since I was a little girl and this product has been so key in helping it stay moisturized, I can't remember a time when it hasn't been in my bathroom. I only recommend this though if you have dry (or dry and sensitive) skin. It says on the tub itself that it is "formulated specifically for chronic dry, sensitive skin" and most of my friends with normal skin say it's too greasy for them to use as a moisturizer on their face. It is also fragrance free which I love because I do not like scented lotions. So if any of this sounds like you then I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why people like this so much. Nope, can't say I'd spend 11$ bucks again on this product. This is an overpriced tub of grease. This just sat on my skin with a perpretual oil slick all day. Makeup didnt stick during the day, left oil marks on my 100% cotton pillowcases, and smelled like chemicals. Not a great experience. I'll stick with my Nivea - better price point and overall value.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by SweetPea

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 39 and I have used this cetaphil lotion as my facial moisturizer for more than 14 years now. I look 10-12 years younger than I am and get constant feedback about this - it's genetic somewhat - my Mom was the same, but I think some of it is due to the fact that I use Cetaphil at least twice a day. I tried it based on a friend's rec cuz I broke out and got redness on my cheeks from everything else. I don't break out from it at all, and my skin tone is even as long as it's all I use. I have tried other things some over the years and I always go back to the Cetaphil. I love how it feels too. The one negative thing I've noticed is I think it makes the pores on my nose more clogged than they would be otherwise, but I do facial steams and gentle squeezing a couple of times a month and that seems to help with that..