Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

I have been using this for the past 3 months now. It gives really good moisture to my skin. I have combo skin. My forehead, nose, and my cheek area under my eyes and near my nose is oily, but my chin and my outer cheeks are dry. Although certain parts of my face are oily, it has a dry surface to it for some reason...if that makes sense for anybody. Also, during the winter, my face tends to get dry and start flaking. I also have sensitive skin. I only use Cetaphil at night. It is too heavy for the morning and plus there is no SPF in it either. It does not irritate my skin at all. It doesn't give me breakouts either. I wake up in the moring with the softest skin! It looks hydrated and refreshed, not oily and slick. When I apply it at night, it looks a bit shiny and greasy, but it seems to absorb into my skin while I'm asleep because when I wake up in the morning, my face doesn't look greasy. Very weird, huh? What's more weird is when I used to use Oil of Olay at night, it wouldn't look greasy or shiny at night, but when I would wake up in the morning, it would look oily and greasy. Anyhow, I the cream on my body too. It works wonders! I love how it makes my skin soooooo baby soft. I noticed that some other reviewers said that this is meant only for the body, but it does such a great job on my face that I really don't care. I haven't gotten any breakouts or clogged pores from this at all. Everybody's different. What works for some might not work for others.

I have been using this product for five years at least. It is by far the best cream for your skin. It doesn't leave you greasy, but it moisturizes and immediately relieves skin tightness. I don't bother with any other products for my skin. Costco sells the jar in a larger size for about $10.

on 3/23/2006 7:32:00 PM

LOVE this stuff!! It is nice and rich, but not greasy. It absorbs well as long as you don't apply too much. It does a *fabulous* job at moisturizing. I've also been using under/around my eyes, and the skin under my eyes never looked better, even when I was younger! The tub is huge, quite a steal at the drugstore. Has never caused problems with clogged pores/breakouts for me. My grail night-time moisturizer!!

on 3/20/2006 1:15:00 AM

i love this cream! it's cheap and effective, and doesn't smell. It is very moisturizing so i probaly won't use it in the summer, but in the winter it's the best! the packaging is bulky and not very sanitary though, other than that it's great. will purchase if i ever run out, or if i have had it too long.

on 3/19/2006 10:29:00 AM

This is great stuff, I use it every night on my dry skin. VERY moisturizing, a little goes a long way! One $10 tub lasts years. I won't use anything else on my face. Its the best all around for a night cream!

My staple moisturizer. Absolutely the best body moisturizer ever! I also use it on my face during winter. Not at all greasy. Especially recommended for people w/ inflammatory skin problems (dermatitis, eczema). For me, this product doesn't contain the ingredients that make others so irritating. The tub is huge and IMO a great value! One usually lasts months and I use the product very liberally. Plain but perfect.

on 3/12/2006 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this cream so much. I use it on my extremely dry skin and it works wonders. I can go about my day without having to feel really dry and without my skin feeling very irritated. I've been using it for well over a year now and I haven't used anything else. I use it on my face and my body to help the itchy dryness, and I have not been let down.

on 3/10/2006 5:47:00 PM

hah...I WAS griping about this product until I realized that it's for your body and not your face. it's an excellent moisturizer, and I'm hooked on the entire cetaphil line. I'm seven months pregnant and in the last few months, my skin has gone from combo, acne-prone tough skin to rediculously sensitive, slightly dry skin...cetaphil is the only thing I can use now. I used this cream at night and while it did a great job of moisturizing, I noticed a few new blackheads and three new zits. I bet super dry skin could handle it on the face, but otherwise it's great for the body and ESPECIALLY back and chest if you have acne there.

on 3/6/2006 12:34:00 PM

I have found my HG (for a facial moisturizer)!!! Yes, I know, it's probably not for the face, but I was getting tired of shelling out $$$ for moisturizers that promised the moon but did not deliver. For the first time in about a year, my skin is actually "glowing" and not in an oily way. My skin was getting so dry that I couldn't take it anymore and I was willing to have a super shiny/oily face just to get relief. Well, I got it and it did NOT make me greasy or shiny at ALL! I am passing by mirrors and can actually see how much of a difference that only one (yes, you heard me-one) use has made! I am so grateful for these boards/product reviews or else I would have NEVER tried this miracle cream. THANK YOU! :)

on 2/26/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used other products in the past but they have had drawbacks. Either too greasy, non-absorbing or too expensive to keep replacing since in the winter I moisturize daily after showering.

I bought this "just because" and have not regretted the purchase.

Although I prefer pumps to jars or bottles I like this big plastic jar since you can get at it easier and take as much or as little as you want. It is unscented which I prefer (I don't like other products interferring with my perfume) and it is rich and emollient. It is of course dermatolgy approved, no dyes and leaves my skin soft all day.

My husband (who I hooked on this as well) said he felt the difference on his skin as well.

This is my HG cream and will try the lotion for summer months.