October 25, 2014 | 866 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I love this thing! I really feel so clean after using it. I feel that it helps my cleanser really penetrate my skin so much better which in turn would make my cleanser work better. Compared to other products that I have used like the microderbrasen one (sorry I can't spell), and the neutrogena wave, this is by far the best. I love how the brush head spins and exfoiliate my skin so well. I will continue to use it. Plus my skin feels so smooth after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Add me to the growing list of Mia's fans. Bought this courtesy of the Sephora F & F discount and although I've only been using it a week, I'm very pleased that I spent the money. I have pretty good skin for someone who's 51; not much sun damage, combination skin,minimal wrinkles and a few larger pores on my nose, which I hate. Since so many of the glowing reviews for this device come from people who have troubled skin, I didn't know if I would really reap the benefits from an expensive product like this. I have spent a LOT of $$ on premium skincare, with just "okay" results. The Mia does a great job at exfoliating; your face will feel smooth as a baby's behind after you use it. I did experience the minor breakouts that quite a few others have posted about...had 2 medium-sized zits after 2 Mia uses, but I left them alone and they've faded away. I use Bliss cleansing mild and I do at least take a washcloth to my face before I use the Mia; although the instructions don't tell you to do that, it only made sense to me. My face is starting to look very fresh and supple; so glad I went ahead and purchsed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After one week of using the Clarisonic Mia I have learned one huge lesson: It's all about the skin. Seriously, after three days of using this magic device almost any foundation looks great. Now after a week, my skin is beginning to have the clarity I've been seeking for years with scrubs and facials. It's like a mini-microdermabrasion treatment every day. I agree with one poster below who mentioned the lack of instructions in the box. They really do not specify whether to take off your makeup or not. For the record, I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser (DHC). Then I use the cleanser that came with the Mia. I use it once, at night. I could not be more pleased. Best beauty purchase in many years.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like the Clarisonic brush. I have normal to good skin, my only complaint being occasional dullness and dark circles under eyes, which the Clarisonic cannot fix. I think it's a waste of money if your skin is good. The best reviews this product gets are from people with problem skin - and that's great for them. However, it's no miracle worker on good skin, which is what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a real glow, and it didn't deliver that. I also have to wonder - the instructions don't say to remove your makeup before using the brush. Are you supposed to? It seems to me that if you don't remove your makeup, you're just pushing makeup, along with cleanser and water, deeper into your pores. I say if you're fairly happy with your skin, save your money, time and resources - a washcloth or scrub will get you at least as much glow and cost a lot less.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

Ok, so I have been using my Mia for almost one month now. At first, I couldn't see much of a difference except for the feel of my skin (soft). However, now I have now integrated a moisturizer and serum after I use my Mia, and wow! If anything, I'm glad I bought the Mia in order to make my products work better than they were. I figure, without it, I am just wasting my money on products that are only providing 50% of the results that they are capable of. So, if you are unsure about purchasing, try the Mia (Sephora $129.00 with MUA20 code) and make sure you use your products after using it. What a difference! Love it! :) P.S. I had minimal purging.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ponygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got my Mia last week - and already love it. I've thought about getting a Clarisonic for like a year now. But the price for the larger unit always put me off. Then I used my F&F discount to get the Mia and am so glad I did. The smaller size suits me, and I actually like the feel of the brush on my skin. I have sensitve, fair, and starting to age skin - and I can already see a difference. I figured it would take a while - but nope..1 week later and I can tell. It also seems like the serums and moisturizers I pay good money for are absorbing better.
Mia was well worth what I paid for it - and I'd buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE 1/18/2010 Still love it! I should be a spokesperson for them. I have talked my friends, random people on the street, saleswomen, my sisters, just about EVERYONE, to get a Clarisonic. And it's not just from word of mouth -- My face is proof! People, seriously, this is 150 dollars that is so worth. I don't regret it ONE BIT. And I'm as frugal as they come. TRUST ME.**
Okay so this is my very first review. I have been a long time member of MUA soley to stalk on the reviews of my favorite products before purchasing them. I JUST purchased the Clarisonic LAST NIGHT at Sephora. I had a 20% for being a V.I.B. member and decided to purchase my Clarisonic Mia now, while I had the option for a discount. I used it last night before bed and this morning before work. Can I just tell you, AWESOME. This is just after 2 uses. OMGoodness, I see what all this hype is about. I certainly did not feel $149 was reasonable for this device but I can say that I understand the pricing -- the Clarisonic Mia is just that good. I know, I know,...I've only used it TWICE, so how would I KNOW? For me, I am always prepared for a product or anything to start showing improvements about about 2-3 weeks. I try to stick anything out at least for that long (unless I have a horrible reaction) to see what it can do for my skin. Now I've only use the Mia twice and I can HONESTLY say that my face already looks more even, and my pores around my nose (which are the last of my visible pores) have decreased SO much in size. OVERNIGHT. I can't wait to wash my face again this evening, lol (so serious). I am totally justified with this price now and would not take it back. It's only been two days, I'm excited to see what 2 months will do. I'll be sure to update!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by yukichan3488

I've had the Pretika brush (Clarisonic Dupe) for about six months before purchasing the Mia. For those who are wondering, YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. To me the Clairsonic and Pretika differ on the following points:

- Vibrating ability
- Brush head quality
- Quality of craftsmanship
- Absorption of skin care products
- Beeping of the brush

I've used the Mia for about three months and I noticed that the it has better cleaning ability than the Pretika. In terms of how the brush vibrates, I feel that the vibrations of the Mia are much stronger than that of the Pretika. I noticed the difference when I placed the Mia on my eye lid while washing my face. I've noticed that the Mia has gotten rid of the blackheads better than the Pretika. I also think the the Mia has helped keep my acne at bay better than the Pretika since it cleans and exfoliates my skin better.

Secondly I found the Pretika brushes to be too abrasive for my skin. During my normal cleansing routine with the Pretika, I wouldn't press the brush head in my skin. Instead I'd warm it with water and lightly move it on the surface of my face. Although I proceeded with this method, I still noticed that the Pretika would scratch the surface of my face (especially when I used a little too much retinoid the night before). The Mia on the other hand did not hurt my face in using the method described above. My skin felt clean and not stripped after I used the Mia. However with the Pretika it felt somewhat stripped.

In addition, I noticed that the craftsmanship of the Mia was of far better quality than the Pretika. For the six months I used the Pretika, I charged it every night. However on one night when I took it off the cradle and placed it in the shower, I accidentally dropped it in the tub. After that it wouldn't charge well. Another thing I noticed is that although the Pretika is water resistant, the bottom of the brush has a charging area with two small metal prongs that gets a bit rusty if you do no wipe it thoroughly after use. The Mia does not have this problem as its charger is magnetic and the brush itself is fully insulated.

Absorption of skin care products was also another major difference. I felt that with the use of the Mia, my skin care products absorbed better than the Pretika. This may be due to the better vibrating ability of the Mia (stated earlier).

Finally the beeping of the brushes differ. The Pretika beeps while the Mia does not. For me personally, I haven't found it to be a huge disadvantage but for some this may be the case.

Overall, I think the Pretika is a great place to start if you are dying for a brush but don't have enough money for a Clarisonic (which my case until I saved up enough for a Mia). However if you do have some change in your pocket, the Mia is a great way to transition into the world of Clarisonic.

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for 2 months now and can say that although this alone has not improved my acne, it has helped in other areas.

It allows products to absorb better into my skin especially my acne formulated moisturizers/gels. So with a combination of my skincare routine, my acne has gone done a bit because of the Clarisonic.

It originally came with the sensitive brush head but I found it was a tad too harsh for me so I bought the delicate brush head.

I got it at eskincarestore.com (for all Canadian users) for $134. The site usually has 15% off deals or free shipping so it's much cheaper than purchasing it at Sephora.

To see my review comparing the Clarisonic Mia to an electric toothbrush, check out this video:

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

Crazy awesome. I have always had dull, congested skin even though i use all of the 'right' products. I have owned my mia for a couple of weeks now and i would buy it again and again. the results are amazing. my skin looks luminous for the first time in my life. i have VERY few blackheads left, and my pores look smaller than ever. if you are on the fence, my vote is to jump in~ the water is NICE!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No