NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/12/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the only foundation that matches my skin tone. I bought Siberia. This was $42 at Sephora. I bought the primer with spf 20 too which I need since we should always use spf.

pros: sheer (if you want sheer), but buildable. Comes in a variety of shades. not drying (on me anyway). covers well without caking terribly.

cons: pricey. packing isn't great (cap has the matted finish which causes everything to stick to it). cakes a little and causes creasing around my mouth after a smile.

biggest complaint is the price. and i have yet to find a foundation which doesn't cause some caking and creasing.

on 10/12/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My great U.S. friend cp'd this for me as Sephora in my area don't carry NARS anymore and I have to drive an hour long to go to another Sephora where they still carry this (but most of the time a lot of items are out of stock). I really like that this blends so nicely, buttery soft and a dream to apply. Doesn't feel heavy at all, really very light on the skin. The reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it really did not give that nice glow to my skin, it is more of a medium coverage with very nice consistency and soft feeling on the skin, but yeah, I am missing the glow. I have tried it with foundaiton primer, moisturizer etc, but it still gives me no glow. And for some reason, I can't understand the finish can be a bit blotchy on my dry skin no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturized my skin prior to applying this. It is not so noticeable, though, I can see it when I look so closely to the mirror. Also, while I like the NARS foundation bottle, am not so fan that it is pumpless. As for the color, am between NC 40-42 in MAC, I choosed the Syracuse in this one, it turn out that it is a bit orange yellow tan on my skintone. It is not horrible looking, as I try to adjust it with a moisturizer, this works well under Philosophy Divine Illumination Cream (yes, my skin is that dry that I even use this cream at day time and can use under make up). I noticed that with the Divine Illumination underneat this foundation the color kinda lighten a bit. Now to repurchasing this? Yes, because I really really like how the consistency and the buttery soft feel on the skin; but, I may have to buy a lighter one, I think in Barcelona the next time.

on 10/11/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
-Doesn't look cakey
-Doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation
-Blends Beautifully

CONS:
-I had a hard time finding my shade, it was either a bit too yellow or white. I'm between Santa Fe and Stromboli.
-There is no pump

Definitely worth the buy!

on 10/10/2010 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I purchased this product, returned it, and then swapped for it again. The first time, I got Deauville, which was much too yellow on me. I just recently got Mont Blanc, which works much better. I'm pale and neutral-to-cool (usually around NW15) and Mont Blanc is a good match and very easy to blend into my face.

The name of this foundation is somewhat misleading, as it's neither sheer nor really "glowy". I'd call it a medium-coverage foundation and the finish isn't really matte, but it isn't as glowy as MUFE HD is on me. I actually love the finish, as it looks more natural (less mask-like) than most matte foundation, but isn't shiny at all. It also has pretty decent lasting power, though I usually put a finishing powder on top.

My only complaint is that I wish this came with a pump bottle instead of a pour one. And I wish it came in a better range of neutral-to-cool shades. But other than that, this is an all-around good foundation and I will most likely repurchase if I ever run out.

Edited: This was my HG for 2 years, but when my skin became drier I found that it tended to ball up and flake too much even if I moisturized. I chose to not replace, and would recommend it for people whose skin leans combination-oily or normal, not dry.

on 10/8/2010 10:00:00 AM

I bought this foundation after reading all the raves. I got mont blanc, I am quite pale and was matched to this shade. Its a pretty good match, maybe not 100% as I sometimes feel I look a little orange. But the other shades were too yellow.
It goes on quite thick, I would say its a medium coverage. I've read a lot that its a sheer coverage but it really isn't, I would say that Mac Face and Body is sheer coverage and this is heavier than that.
I find it really hard to blend it in. I can see it on my face after I've applied it. I've tried blending with brushes, sponges and my fingers and nothing really seems to work. I can see it on my skin after applying it.
I use a primer before applying, and set with a powder. I find it looks best about 2 hours after applying, when my natural oils have come through and it doesn't look so makeupy. By the end of the day (approx 10 - 12 hours) it has worn off in places, although this isn't too obvious so maybe the colour match is better than I thought! I do have oily skin so not many foundations really last on me, this one stays better than most. Would really benefit from reapplication of powder during the day, but I can't be bothered with that.
For a night out I think its a very good foundation. During the day, maybe not so much, I feel a bit too "made up" when I'm wearing it.
Not an HG but a foundation I will continue to use on that never ending search.

on 10/8/2010 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation! It gives great coverage, light-weighted, color matches perfect, BUT!! It completely exaggerates the dry patches on my face :((

When I first put it on, it looks very unnatural because you could tell the foundation cakes on the dry parts of my skin. Isn't this supposed to be formulated for dry skin peeps? After a few hours when I have natural oil it looks really, really nice & natural. By the end of the day it would be too oily. I don't normally have a problem with oily face at night, but this makes me dry at first then make me oily in the evening.

I tried so many methods and I found that the dry patches are gone only if I put on mask before I apply it.... I heard it's best to use with the NARS primer but I did not buy the NARS primer because this foundation is already pricey I don't wanna waste money on an expensive primer. And I also don't like the idea of you have to use the products from the same company to get the result you want.

Good coverage, but terrible staying power, and gave me little bumps, yuck!

on 10/5/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really don't know what happened, I used to love this foundation but after a while it just looks so bad on me. I have tried applying it with different brushes, sponges and my fingers, but it doesn't matter what I do it looks horrible. After a few hours it's melting off my face, so gross, and it sits on my pores making them super noticeable, because the foundation that gets inside the pores looks lighter for some reason. Not working for my dry skin.

on 10/5/2010 1:21:00 PM

I was very excited to try out this foundation after all the positive raves about it. I do like it but I think it is overrated lust a bit.
The color is perfect match for me I have Light 4 Deauville. Consistency is great, very sheer and liquidly, I like that because it blends very well, it doesn’t dry out quick so it is easy to blend and it also evens out on your skin. I use regular foundation brush and it works for me. Gives you nice glow, very due finish, great for summer and fall, makes your skin look naturally gorges and even. It has a buildable coverage; I would say it is medium coverage.
Now to the negatives….The sheer gorges glow stays on your skin for about an hour, then it turns to oily finish, you will have to touch up with matte powder throughout the day to get it look as it was when you applied it.
It doesn’t have long wear quality, it will slide off your face, I think for me it lasts for about 4-5 hours, but I do work long hours and sometimes I go out after work, so I have to reapply it at work, which is not good. Very overpriced for the quality, and the worst part, no pump. It is very liquidly, so it is easy to get too much.
Will not repurchase it again, this is great special occasion foundation, not for every day.

on 10/5/2010 1:01:00 AM

I have dry and oily skin and after applying this I was complimented on how natural and smooth my skin looked. The foundation looks very natural, it`s light, and it stays on through sweat and long hours, but sometimes needs a little touch up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials