October 21, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have oily skin and this works so well on my skin, I thought I woukd need the matte formulation but it doesnt work well, but surprisingly sheer glow does....its my number 2 favorite foundation...my hg foundation is Dior airflash..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by blushbye

I got Siberia and I LOVE it. It gives a nice light coverage without caking and has a nice glow, totally worth the very expensive price.

Hate the packaging glow, this should have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by gabz01

I got a sample because I wanted to try it first. Its bn a week of using it and I loooove how this foundation covers every flaw. I don't even have to use concealer...I've been using mfhd and it works pretty well but I think I like this better. Gives a flawless look when I use my estee lauder translucent powder on top :) def. Going to buuuuy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupl0ve

Great coverage. A little goes a long way. (: Love the color selection, first foundation that actually matches my yellow undertone. Very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

HG, could it be? This stuff is FABULOUS. Here's why: I like a dewy finish. I like to glow, not be powdery matte. I am NW/NC 10-15 and i have this in Deauville, its a tad bit too yellow on my skin, but right now I am just reviewing on formula. The name is misleading, its really more of a medium coverage satin foundation. When first applied its semi matte, and the longer you wear it the more it starts to glow. it is a watery consistency and I found it pretty easy to blend.

Heres the thing, this is marketed toward normal/dry skin that needs moisture. Dont be put off by this. I have oily/combo skin and it doesnt add to my oilyness. Now it doesnt keep me completely matte for hours, but it definitely doesn add to the oilyness. If you want extra oil control use a oil control primer or lotion.

RUN DOWN:
-great shade range
-satin finish
-pretty long wearing (8+hours with no primer on my oily/combo skin)
-easy to blend
-gives you a slight dewy ness
-light to medium coverage
-feels extremely light on skin, not heavy at all
-no fragrance
-hasnt broken me out (to be honest not many things break me out)
-doesnt add to oilyness

Cons.
-expensive 42USD
-no pump on the bottle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This line is Yellow based foundations, for reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

Santa Fe is the closest match for me, but not 100% correct. It seems a little yellow to me, but I set with Coty Airspun which is a slight pink tone so the two seem to work well together to bring me back to Neutral.

After about a month of research and finally the third time swatching at Sephora, Santa Fe seemed the best. I swatched my current foundation ColorStay 240 Medium Beige on my arm in the car and walked into Sephora. I swatched two color below Santa Fe, Santa Fe & two colors darker. Santa Fe was the darkest that didn't oxidate orange so I pulled the $42 trigger. I should mention not one of the SG swatches matched my CS swatch.

When swatching for a color match leave them there and in about 5-10 minutes see the results, the foundation dries darker. The ones that turn orange, they can be ruled out and go with the one you like the best from the remaining.

One thing I found with NARS is that is does an awesome job of covering pink and slight red imprefections. Hyperpigmetation (freckles for me) and deep red blemishes it will not cover, like CS did. It does show off my year-round freckles beautifully.

At first I tried to apply this with my fingers, but have since returned to my damp sponge application. One day I did not set it as I would normally do (Coty Airspun Luminous Translucent) and I transferred onto my husbands shirt, so I would recommend setting it.

It's been super hot this summer and Sheer Glow has a shorter (4-6 hours) staying power then Color Stay, so I didn't toss my DS foundation and now understand why some have more then one foundation in their stash. For me the heat makes it oily and I look like I'm wearing foundation (like I'm wearing ColorStay so why fight it)

How does it do in photos? Beautifully, my "It's Me" picture (currently my profile pic) wearing NARS Sheer Glow - Santa Fe

UPDATE (01/01/2011) This broke me out and I switched to Revlon PhotoReady which was much better for the summer months. But I don't currently use that either.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty foundation. It certainly does give a "glow". Not shiny or greasy, just glowy. GOOD coverage and descent staying power. Can touch up without getting cakey, too.

BUT....it breaks me out. Tried it a couple of times and each time had 4-5 new pimples by the end of the day. Not cool. Also, when it's warmer out it can tend to feel heavy by the end of the day.

UPDATE: Just tried Lancome Fresh Wear. If you had problems with this foundation causing breakouts or feeling to heavy, I suggest the Fresh Wear! Similar finish (even though it's supposed to be matte!) and great for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by beu2fool

I have been on the hunt for an HG foundation forever. Bobbi Brown used to be if for me, but lately it makes me an oil slick and MAC's Hyper Real makes me look like an Oscar(extremely gold and metallic). I discovered this on my hunt last week as I've been buying something, trying it, hating it and exchanging. For reference I'm NW15-25 and have oily/flaky skin...like that makes sense. The SA at Sephora matched me to Deauville after I'd asked about this because of these reviews. She told me that she too used this foundation. For me, this seems to be a dream. The color cancels out a lot of my "pink" without looking too yellow and the finish is a beautiful satin. I set this with my MUFE HD powder. I won't lie...I do have to blot at least once during the day as this can get a bit too dewy, but my skin is oily. I'm loving this and I hope that doesn't change any time soon. My only cons are the price is a bit steep at $42 USD and I wish it had a pump.

edit 11/1/2013
alas due to my changing skin, I can no longer use this. 30 minutes and you can fry an egg on me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by peacegirl22

For reference: My skin - super oily, acne prone. prefer med-full coverage foundation

I finally found my summer HG foundation. I've tried Revlon CS and PR, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, ELDW, MUFE Mat Velvet +, MUFE F&B, etc....and this is the best yet. I have a hard time finding foundations with enough yellow in it, but my shade (Stromboli) runs very yellow! I'm NC30-35 and it matches PERFECTLY. My other HG foundation ELDW feels a little too heavy in the summer, and does not look as natural as Nars SG. Sorry for the rant...heres what I found with my experience..

NARS Sheer Glow:
Pros:
-does not even look like you're wearing foundation, looks very natural
-feels sooo light, like you're not even wearing any!
-buildable coverage
-easy to apply (just warm between fingers, and apply and blend!)
-good staying power (lasts all day with minimal touch ups)
-was able to find a shade with strong yellow tones

Cons:
-price tag ($55 CAD).....but still worth it

If you're looking for a summer foundations that feels very light but still gives coverage, this is it! I have never had a foundation look SO natural. LOVE NARS Sheer Glow! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UGH, i wanted to really like this, but i just couldn't. i'm sorry, nars. i wasn't into the formula (like, kind of watery? hard to blend in evenly and didn't cover much in the end, and i don't even have a lot to cover!) it feels really nice and silky, but i mean, thats why it is so annoying for me to work with. just a personal preference i guess. i prefer neutrogena healthy skin to this.