November 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ashleeerika

This is my Holygrail foundation. I used to use flawless by Prescriptives(Tawny) until Prescriptives went out of business. Then I used Mac Studio Scupt(NC 44) which covered well but came off too easy and made me breakout.
I use Sheer Glow in Tahoe. It feels weightless on the skin but
covers so well and only a little bit is needed. I use this without powder. At the end of the day my makeup still looks great (8 + hours).
My skin is lighter in the fall/winter so I now use syracuse and my skin looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jessmakeupjunkie

I really like the coverage of this foundation, but I can't use it every day. Unless I'm very moisturized it does look a little dry and I break out easily so I try to stick with organic foundations like Tarte on a daily basis. I do use this though for nights out and special occasions. If my skin wasn't so sensitive I would definitely use it more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by mschinadoll

Wow!
This foundation is by far the best I have ever owned.
It's so hard to find a foundation to match my skin, but this in deauville is a perfect match. My skin is acne prone and this foundation has medium coverage and does NOT break me out <3
I gave in to all the hype and paid $99AUD :(
But in my opinion is worth it 100%.
I always use my fingers to apply foundation but a stippling brush makes the foundation application flawless.
If you don't have this BUY IT!!!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been trying to find the perfect foundation... I read the reviews here and really wanted to try this out. The company unfortunately did not have samples, and I refuse to buy before I try. I made the mistake of reading the ingredients, and one really stood out to me. Here's the ingredients.

All shades contain:
Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (may contain): CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)].

So, the one that sticks out is Sodium Glutamate... Aka Monosodium Glutamate... AKA MSG... Not sure why they'd put that in there, but I certainly won't put it on my face! They say not to have too much MSG because it will break you out... Skip eating it, just rub some on your face! I tried getting samples from Sephora who didn't have any, once I found out it had MSG I mentioned it to them in an e-mail. They said that Korres Ginger & Vitamins has a similar finish and is supposed to be more natural, just an FYI, but I haven't checked out the ingredients in that fndtn yet. So, if you used this and broke out, that's probably why. I didn't check the rest of the ingredients after that, I was too put off by the MSG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sdk

Apart from the fact that this foundation is quite pricey and could have a better lid.. this is actualy a good foundation!
Ive read so many mixed reviews about this and i wasnt sure what to beleive or expect.. the MUA at selfridges matched me so well and gave me great tips, he applied this with his finger and only used a small amount.. this was a perfect foundation covered the right amount, had a perfect finish and everything about it was so simple and perfect and the best thing was the fact that it actually looked like your own skin and farr from the words 'cakey' it has the perfect amount of coverage and evens skin tone yet it still allows your skin to breathe.. the consistency of this is not sheer and is definetly not heavy its the absolutly perfect balance (very liquidy).. its not a miracle product or anything like that but to me this is what 'foundation' is supposed to be like its perfect in everyway. I did read alot of reviews saying that this only applies properly with a MAC 109 so i brought one the same day as this.. but when the MUA applied with his fingers it looked flawless and lasted on me all afternoon into the night so i didnt need to use the brush =].. i think maybe the problem other reviewers may have is that they arent using moisturiser and primer.. but even if i did not use a primer this foundation still would look natural and well blended.. they must be doing something wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by stylist1285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iv only owned this foundation for 3 days now so I probably shouldn't be reviewing this already, but I just couldn't help myself. I Love this foundation! I was in search for a summer foundation that was lighter in feel but medium coverage, and tried many that disappointed me. In former summers I had used the prescriptives flawless foundation. Seeing as how they are no longer selling prescriptives I set on my search for something new. In the winter I could get away with Revlon Colorstay but for summer I wanted a lighter feel. I tried MANY drugstore foundation but most broke me out like something terrible. Including the Neutrogena healthy skin makeup that everyone compared to Nars sheer glow.
Well I am hear to tell you the Nars sheer glow is MUCH better. I can see the comparison, but honestly the price difference is because the quality of Nars verses Neutrogena is huge. With the Nars you can get a much better coverage. I love that! Its also smooth and gives your skin a light glow without making your skin look oily. The staying power for me is pretty good. It last through a work day, whereas the Neutrogena was off in a couple hours. The best part I havn't noticed a breakout yet! So far so good! With the Neutrogena I think I broke out the same day I put it on! haha. I hope this product continues to amaze me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nae2thanae06

I actually really like this foundation. I thought that my MAC studio fix fluid foundation was the best of the best. However, after trying this foundation I have been proven wrong. The coverage of this makeup is pretty good, giving a medium to full coverage level, depending on how much is applied and also never looks cakey. This makeup also gives you a semi matte/ somewhat dewy face, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish the lasting power was a little bit better. This does last for quite some time but not exactly all day. The color selection is pretty awesome as well. I wear the color Cadiz and its a perfect match! (As for reference I am a NC45 in the studio fix fluid). Overall a pretty greaaaat foundation!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

love love love this foundation. I bought it a few months ago and whenever I wear it I got alot of compliments that my skin looks dewy and fresh. After trying a whole host of foundations to suit my oily skin this one has been the best. Although not intended for oiler skins mine seems to be fine with this I do get some shiny spots on very hot days but thats the case with any foundation for me. If you are looking for a dewy, natural and fresh faced look this foundation is the one. I usually layer this one as I do have some pigmentation left over from acne, my only wish is that Nars make a pump for this one as it can be super messy to use but you kind of work a way around it the more you use it.
They do finally make a pump for it! Its under tools on the website!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tash8020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far it´s the best foundation I´ve tried. It makes my skin feel very moisturized and soft throughout the day. The variety of shades is amazing but the packaging is a little bit disappointing for such a high price.(the lid doesn´t close up very well, no pump...) The product itself is worth the money, because it´s the most natural looking foundation I´ve ever tried and the coverage is great without feeling heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The feel and finish of this foundation was great and the shade choices are awesome. Didn't feel heavy and left a dewy look to my skin. The light coverage was perfect as well. I would have bought again was it not for the small bumps that it caused on my skin.