October 22, 2014 | 1586 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this moisturizer a few weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I really like it! I have pretty oily skin and HIAJ is so light, that it absorbs right in, no problem, and I only need a little bit to cover my face and neck. It doesn't leave a greasy or oily feel either, which is something I have had a lot of issues with other products. I did notice that it actually helps get rid of small zits on my face...a very nice bonus!

On the downside, it doesn't have spf and does have an odd (not bad) scent, which is actually growing on me. I'll have to see how it works in the summer when it is super hot and humid.

Overall, this is my favorite moisturizer that I've tried to date and is reasonably priced. Definitely going to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Heathcliff79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband hates this face cream. It does smell like chemicals, but I love how it makes my face soft and glowy. It doesn't provide quite enough moisture in the winter months, and in the summer, it can take quite a while to sink in, but I just haven't found anything else that has the same results. It's not my HG, and I often try new things (especially when my skin is really dry in the winter), but I find myself coming back to it every time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mkr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for the past year. I like the light consistency of the cream. It doesn't feel greasy on and absorbs into my skin pretty quickly. I don't get as shiny in the middle of the day as I used to with my previous day cream. It does have a smell that takes some getting used to and i don't like that I have to stick my fingers in a jar.
I'm on my third jar, so I'll likely be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by winnieisaloser

i received a sample of this from sephora and i have to say i really liked it! i actually liked the strange smell, and it made my skin really smooth. the texture's a bit too watery for me... but that may have just been the sample. it didn't make my face shiny, but my skin did turn a little pink after i used it. i wouldn't buy this product only because it's expensive... i prefer using bio oil (10 dollars) or something like that on my face. as for my body.... i'd rather use a good scrubber and put on oil or vaseline because it'd cost me like a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when i first purchased this (The Hype got me, of course), i HATED it. but after using it every night for a week, i definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone. i'm pushing 40, so this is a great moisturizer. just wish it weren't so expensive for so little product. i don't use this during the day, though, because it kinda leaves an oily sheen on my t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:04:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

This is a good basic, no nonsense moisturiser which I'm not thrilled with but would purchase again. It does deliver a good amount of moisture so wouldn't recommend it for oiler skin types. I think there are better moisturisers on the market for less though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product with the make-up optional kit, and I must say it certainly is one of the better moisturizers I've tried. It's great especially because these winter months can be drying and seems to keep my face feeling smooth and moisturized throughout the day. It also is great to pair with purity. Another awesome Philosophy purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkgator

I expected so much more from this moisturizer. It was greasy and did not absorb into my skin - and I have pretty dry skin! I used it several times, but this is just bad. And it made me break out. I ended up returning it to Sephora. In general, Philosophy products have been disappointing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has a nice smell, though a bit overwhelming at times.
What I like about this cream is that it sinks into your skin and calms your skin down, you could feel it being absorbed! I also use it before I put on my primer and it makes me feel good all the way!

I wish the packaging would be a little bit user-friendly (i'm talking about the lid of the jar - which doesn't seem hygienic at all).

UPDATE: if I use it in the summer days I feel oily, period. this might only work best for me in winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by msvelmalyn

I thought this did the trick but I would imagine there are nicer products out there. Its probably great if you aren't 40 yet and so don't have fine lines already. But I need something more-like a miracle from God!