BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

BEST BRONZER.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the Hoola Hues palette free with a recent benefitcosmetics.com order (pssst - sometimes its worth it to buy from them, instead of thru sephora.. because in this deal, if I spent $95, I got both the hoola hues AND decked out dandelion palette, which would have cost $56 otherwise!!)
Anyway, I was eager to try both the dandelion and hoola for free before dishing out the money on the full-sized boxes. Love the dandelion (I bought the full sized box!) but the Hoola... well, I knew it would be a risk, because I have very fair skin, and I make a point to stay out of the sun, I have very "thin" skin (Im irish) and Im 24 and already have wrinkles around my eyes. Anyway, I thought Hoola could give me a nice tan look. Well, the first time I tried it (im not used to a bronzer) it made me look dirty. And the little brush was no help. Eventually I tried it with my Kabuki brush, and wasnt so heavy handed, and it actually looked OK. Less is more, though. I still didnt dig the fake tan thing. It didnt look natural on my skin. It seemed too golden-toned (my skin is always the 2nd lightest shade of foundation, and has rosy/pink undertones... golden tones always make me look orange). In the rare event that I'll get tan, maybe this will look nice on top. But otherwise, it didnt do it for me. But I can understand how other people would really like it (which is why Im not giving it a really crappy score). I wont buy the full sized box.

on 3/26/2006 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I read the reviews and had to have this. i was pleased with the color of this bronzer; unfortunately it clogged my pores big time

on 3/21/2006 5:48:00 PM

Fab Little brozer. Although is very dark. I find on my pale skin that I can only use this when I've been on a beach holiday or else I look dirty!! Does last ages though and doesn't have any sparkle so great for work when you don't want to look like a fairy!!! will repurchase if it ever runs out.

on 3/16/2006 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had this bronzer forever, and I use it everyday! The best part about this is that it doesn't have any shimmer in it. What kind of tan has shimmer?? I ditched the brush it came with a long time ago and started using my MAC brushes (the skunk brush and #129, depending on what I want) with them and they give a more natural look than the hoola brush. FYI: My skin is a medium-toned olive shade. I could see how if you were pinker, this would look funny. continued >>

Um...yea....it does give you a dirty brown look...if you put too much, it will make you look like you just came out of a mud wrestling contest.
So, what are you conna do with the rest of the bronzer?
You can either Swap it with people who LOVEE this product online...OR...use it to contour and "enhance" your cleavage...(but during night time though) cuz the color can be too dark for day time usage.

I am constantly looking for a good powder bronzer and this is NOT the one. This color is a dirty brown not bronze. It also disappeared off my face after an hour or so. Would not buy again.

on 2/17/2006 1:04:00 AM

after reading all the reviews here, i went out and bought it. it was my second bronzer after my Wet n' Wild one (which is far more better and only $3).. i really wanted to like this trust me!!! but it just looked ruddy and made my skin look dirty and did not give me a nice glow at all. my boyfriend kept laughing at me so i had to wash my face to take it off lol. returning it tomorrow~

on 2/16/2006 10:38:00 AM

Just not real impressed with this stuff. i had read that this bronzer is flattering to most everyone, and I didn't happen to be one of those people. Although it is more neutral in color and not as orange as most bronzers it still didn't suit my fair-medium skin. Would definitely not repurchase.

on 2/12/2006 10:24:00 PM

I like the color of this bronzer and the fact that it isn't sparkly like a lot of bronzers out there. The color is a nice brown and isn't too pink or orange. I don't like the packaging at all and the brush is horrible. Overall I do like this bronzer and would probably repurchase...but one box of it should last forever.

Popular Bronzers