Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/27/2011 1:34:00 PM

I have very finicky skin, and most foundations I've tried have clogged/ broken me out. I have very sensitive/ acne/ reaction prone skin, but with the right products my skin calms down and behaves like normal skin. I have some large pores n my cheeks, and lots of indented acne scars, as well as a little bit of active acne around TTOTM. I also have a few pigmentation spots from past acne.

This foundation evens out my skin tone and covers pigmentation/ active acne without a problem. I swear my skin tone and texture actually improve when I use this. It doesn't emphasize pores or indented acne scars, and it doesn't get cakey. I will probably buy this again because it's one of the few FDTNs my skin has no negative reaction to, and the coverage is beautiful. The only complaint I have about this product is that it makes my skin a little dull/ grey. It has absolutely no glow to it. I have found this problem with Matt Velvet FDTN as well, which my skin also likes. I will repurchase until I find something that doesn't irritate my sensitive/ reactive skin, but also gives me a glow.

on 9/27/2011 9:23:00 AM

I really liked this foundation when i first tried it. It gave me really nice coverage, just enough for my sort-of blotchy skin on my cheeks. It looks gives a natural non-oily finish and the lady who served me matched my skin tone perfectly. But I'm a teenager and naturally... I break out when I put something on that my skin doesn't like. I wore this for 2 days and i got 3 pimples... sigh i find it really hard to find foundation that wont break me out. Soo if you don't break out that easily and is looking for a foundation with nice coverage and you dont have heaps of blackheads where foundation tends to build up(it went around a large pore that used to be a black head and made it look heaps noticeable, lucky it was on the side of my nose nobody noticed)... i reccomend this for you.
Overall it was a really nice foundation but im going to continue my search for foundations that will not break me out.

on 9/27/2011 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've only been using this for a couple of days so I will update later if needed. So far, I think this is the "everyday foundation" I've been looking for. I haven't had any break outs or skin irritations with this but again it's been 2 days. Those probably would of happened by now but we'll see. My skin looks very natural with this, almost flawless.

on 9/26/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I've been searching high and low for the perfect foundation for my sensitive, acne prone skin. I also have eczema. This foundation is so awesome that when I first wore it, I was so excited by the results that I keep looking at myself in the mirror so much that my husband kept asking me what I was looking for! This foundation makes me look flawless...LITERALLY! I actually went into Sephora to buy the MUFE Face & Body foundation, but my curiosity got the best of me so I only left with samples of this foundation and F&B. Although I have pretty decent skin, I have an uneven skin tone, and I prefer foundation to even me out. I love how MUFE HD feels lightweight, makes my skin feel ultra smooth, and is literally undetectable. My husband didn't even know I was wearing makeup the first time I wore this and he can usually tell because "he knows my skin" as he likes to put it (lol). I can't even find it on my own face. Plus, it covers the flaws I didn't even know I had! The best part of this product is that it is the first and only foundation that matches my skin so well AND does NOT cause any breakouts! I am sold. Once my sample runs out, I am definitely heading back over to my local Sephora to purchase this baby. I am in LOVE! =)

on 9/25/2011 10:56:00 PM

I really love the coverage that this foundation gives me. It's light yet it still manages to cover all my blemishes and brighten up my [extremely dark] eye bags while maintaining a natural looking finish. It's also a perfect match to my skin (127)! However, because of my oily/combo skin, I won't be repurchasing this as much as I would like to. I don't know what it is about this foundation but even while using this with the milk of magnesia, my face ends up as a complete greaseball before the day has even practically begun. Normally when I use milk of magnesia as a primer, my face tends to stay matte throughout the day or at the very least I just get a dewy sheen at the end of the night. However, that is not the case with the HD foundation because by the end of the day, my face is shinier than a polished bowling ball.

I really would like to love this product but I think it would be better suited for those without oily skin. The price is a little hefty at almost $40 but if I could make this stay on my face for more than 2 hours, I would get it again simply because I really do think the coverage is amazing but for now I think I'll just stick to my Colorstay and Mat Velvet+ foundations.

on 9/25/2011 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I do not own this product but have sampled it a few times and in multiple shades. To start off, I have fair slightly olive skin. Considering undertone, the first one I tried was #117. This was too dark for me. Also, when I wore it to work, coworkers (without me even asking) were telling me my skin looked dry. My combination skin gets oily in the T zone but flakes around my eyes and mouth so foundation has a true test ahead of itself for me to love it. A year later, (because I see ladies online all the time with this foundation and it looks amazing on them) I decided to try it again. I went to Sephora and the lady matched me to either #110 or #115. I took both samples home. The first I tried was #115. Even though these say pink undertone, once I put my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to set it in Light, the pink tone was minimized and I found the shade (both #110 and #115) to be wearable for me. Shade wise, I think (as long as I use a powder to correct a bit) either of these work for me. Probably #115 in summer and #110 in winter. However, when I wore them, I found the foundation to slide and separate on my oily T zone. But it still looked dry! I am a little frustrated with this foundation, I had high hopes but it just does not seem to work for me. I really like that I only had to use a TINY amount - smallest amount I have ever used - to get great coverage with this foundation. That I must say is amazing! If this product does work for you you are lucky. The packaging is amazing and even though it is costly, you use less and so it will last you much longer. All in all this is not a bad product and I see that it works for many and looks great... just not for me.

on 9/23/2011 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation. I really did. My sister uses this stuff and it makes her skin look flawless. So when I was at the mall I stopped by Sephora to try it out, I was shocked at the verity of colors! Good job MUFE! I tried Pink Porcelain and it was a great match (that has only ever happened once before). I was really excited, but I told myself to be good and only get a free sample. Luckily Sephora gave me a massive sample that lasted a full week. Not-so-luckily this stuff broke me out bad. I am not talking one or two pimples bad. I'm talking a slew of black heads, enlarged pores (which never happens to me), and cystic pimples deep under my skin, which were very painful and took weeks to fully go away. I know that allot of people love this foundation and never have this problem, my sister never has, but it just did not work for me. I hate bagging on a product, but this just wasn't for me.

So
Pros:
-Great Natural Coverage
-Awesome Range Of Colors
-Easy To Apply
-Comes With A Pump
Cons:
-Kinda Expensive
-Hard On Sensitive Skin
-Doesn't Last Long

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the exact kind of foundation I was looking for. It gives a great satin finish and doesn't look too much like a makeup mask. I had tried the NARS Sheer Glo and the Chanel Pro Lumiere but both left me looking oily by the end of the day. Makeup Forever HD stays put when I wear it with a primer and looks soft and smooth for hours. My search for a good foundation has ended.

on 9/23/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like many others, I REALLY wanted to love this product. I purchased the 140 ( I'm a MAC NC-30-35) Olive under tones, and this color was the best match although a bit too light, or pinkish? I purchased the primer in clear and yellow, and the finishing powder. I applied it with my MAC brush, and it doesn't cover at all! I shook it up well, and tried to build coverage, but it is super streaky and looks awful! I can't figure it out!! I'm definitely returning this!

on 9/20/2011 11:52:00 PM

This product is definitely not for me. I have combination to oily skin and live in a humid climate. I went to sephora and asked for a recommendation, and everyone there rave on this foundation. Maybe I'm just the oddball here, but I was less than impressed. Poor coverage, even when I tried to build it. Could not match my color correctly and ended up looking like a ghost. The shade higher was entirely too golden and looked ridiculous. The sephora associate recommend the purchasing the lighter shade and using a bronzer. Ergo, I looked like a ghost wearing bronzer.
Consistency of the product was too watery and left me streaky. Soon after applying this foundation, I found that it would begin to separate and just sit on my skin. It would eventually settle into my pores. I tried to like this product. I used the matching primer and powder to complete the regimen since product lines generally work best when used together. I mixed and matched various powders and primers of other brands with this foundation as well. I hate to say that I never found a combination that worked. Over half a bottle of this foundation is now in a basket under my bathroom sink with the other rejects that I just couldn't force myself to finish using. For certain skin types, I'm sure this foundation is amazing. For me, I will have to pass. I will obviously not be repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials