April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MissSaraahChopra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a generous sample of this at Sephora and I am in love. MUFE's primer, this foundation and the Full Cover Concealer is my new everyday HG routine. It was super easy to find my shades and the colour matches perfectly. It goes on smooth, makes me glow and evens out my complexion but I still need concealer for my acne scars. A little goes a long way. I'm buying a full size bottle today and I'm always happy with pumps. I have MUFE's primer in a pump bottle and like it so far, except that I will have to break into them to get the rest of the product out. This foundation makes my skin look flawless, especially in photos. I can't wait to use it in a photo shoot. I don't really mind spending $40 on good foundation, hopefully it lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by carmcd811

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this because i didnt like that my bare minerals gave me little coverage. i figured that a liquid foundation would be much better. after reading the comments the overall consensus was that it gave full coverage and didnt cause breakouts. WELL it does. i started getting red oily under the skin bumps on my cheeks after about a week or 2. it was mortifying. DONT WASTE $40 ..... get pur minerals its affordable, and gives GREAT coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Great makeup for a special occasion. If I wore foundation every day, I don't think I would choose this one for daily use. It can be a bit greasy at times and difficult to wash off. However, this product is awesome for going out and photos. When used with the other HD products (primer and finishing powder), my skin truly looks flawless. I can even get away with skipping concealer if I want to. It gives a medium amount of coverage, so it's not to light nor too heavy. And the amount of colors it comes in is fabulous. I would definitely recommend this to brides, prom goers, and anyone else getting dressed up for a night out.

Edit: I want to caution people that this foundation is not to be used on a daily basis. I used it daily when I went on vacation. It made me break out. I'm still giving it 4 lippies because it looked amazing in my photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I really thought this foundation was gong to be my HG foundation; sadly it's not. I like how it feels lightweight on my skin and it gives me an airbrushed finish that looks great on photos. It is way too overpriced, however, and I most certainly can get the same effect using my Revlon Colorstay foundation (I got the 128 from MUFE, it matches almost 100% with the 330 Natural Tan). I also specifically told the MUA at Sephora that I was looking for a foundation with a yellow undertone, but the one she gave me looked too warm on my skin. But I'll say that it's human error, not that foundation. So, no, not buying this again. This is very much an overpriced and over-hyped product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

update: changed from 4 to 3 lippies. i am returning this foundation and going to get mat velvet instead. i am sad to give up this foundation simply bc of the perfect color match, but it just makes my skin so shiny/oily that it is unbearable..
--------
Pros: great color range (I am #153 and it matches my skin almost exactly), does not oxidize, does not contain SPF (no more ghostface in pictures!), does not clog my pores, looks great in natural light, comes with a pump (prevents bacteria from getting into the foundation), does not break me out or cause sensitivity to my skin.

Cons: is NOT a full coverage foundation (this is a medium coverage foundation.. I still have visible acne scarring with this foundation), can look oily really fast on oilier skin types (gives skin a natural glow when first applied.. looks shiny after only an hour), have gotten a few new blemishes since using

I typically use Estee Lauder doublewear but was looking for something without SPF and that had lighter coverage and a wider color selection. MUFE HD is a great choice.. but I just wish that it had a matte finish, rather than a glowy finish. I do think this foundation would look best on girls with normal skin types, with little to no scaring or blotchiness, but the shininess can be controlled with blotting papers.. just make sure you have a lot to spare..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this for about two weeks and I feel that's enough to write an accurate review. I was in Sephora to purchase Nars Sheer Glow when the artist recommended Make Up Forever HD. Went narrowed it down to 170 or 173 and I settled on 173, the 170 wasn't lighter just the undertones were different. The good thing about the MUFE Foundation is they have over 25 shades with all kinds of undertones so there should probably be a shade for all kinds of complexions and backgrounds. I have been a Revlon Colorstay girl forever and that has been my HG for the last two years. However OMG I have converted over. What I love the best is that it also stay like the Colorstay all day long and I set it with E.L.F. HD powder (though I am going to try the MUFE one just to see the difference) and I get a decent 12 hours out of it. The most amazing part though is it feels like light and covers well and really gives a satin finish that looks like skin. Compared to the Revlon Colorstay it just feels lighter on the face, like I don't feel like I am wearing liquid foundation, it looks like your skin!! At $40 it is a little pricey but when you think about the importance of a decent foundation in the entire routine its money well spent.

Edit 11/15/11 I like this foundation however after going alternating between this and rRevlon Colorstay I have to say I literally like the color stay better. It covers better and lasts longer than the MUFE. So at the end of the day $40 or$12 it's a no brained. But the price doesn't matter it's how it literally looks on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lupe1019

AMAZING!!! full coverage i was looking for and awesome shades definitely the best ive tried so far! yes it is a bit pricey but def worth it and the bottle will last about 4-6 months depending on how much you use it. I have very oily skin and its not really the best for oily skin but i just dab some powder over it and walla! i have acne prone skin and did not have a break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ForestLobster

This is my number one foundation...always! Whenever I wear it, people compliment how healthy and fresh my skin looks and it's so noticeable when I don't (my skin looks blotchy and uneven and unhealthy without it). #117 is my perfect match...it is exactly the color of my skin (which is so hard to find), and the formula helps lessen the look of my huge pores, all the while not causing acne (I have combination skin), AND it doesn't melt off my face in hot temperatures. It gives me a glow, evenness, and it feels as though I'm not wearing any foundation. Never dries out my skin, nor does it make it too dewy. Simply put, it's worth every penny, and even the packaging is superb (it comes with a pump). I could not ask for more in a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by caitlinmarie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start with the one positive thing first - it matches my skintone like no other foundation ever has. I wear shade 110.

With that being said, it matches extremely well but doesn't cover any red-ness in my face, doesn't cover any scarring I have, and clings to my dry spots. It's crazy frustrating because this foundation is supposed to be a full coverage foundation and I feel like it doesn't help me at all! I've tried it with brushes, my fingers, sponges, and nothing seems to make this work. I've had it for a while now though so I don't feel comfortable returning it which means I'm trying to use it up, ugh. I LOVE that it comes with a pump (okay, so I like two things about it) but a pump alone cannot sway me from hating this foundation. I've tried wearing different moisturizers and primers with it and still it's a no. I'm open to suggestions on ways other people make this work for them because I do want to use it up and not waste $40.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundationas it does look like my skin. I can't wear it however if my skin is flaky as it does highlight flaky skin. It's staying power is okay, pretty much the same as all my other high end foundations.