October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's not a terrible foundation but it's not great either. It tends to emphasize dry patches of skin and flakes so it's not good for dry skin (without a lot of moisturizer and exfoliation). It does provide moderate coverage for redness and breakouts but it wouldn't suit oily skin as it has a dewy finish. When I applied this over moisturizer and the HD primer, it was a little difficult to blend in a thin layer and looked a little blotchy. After buffing some translucent powder all over, it looked very smooth and flawless. In 5 minutes the blotchiness was gone completely and it looked like nice, hydrated skin. The finish was a little too dewy for me, very similar to MUFE Face & Body except F&B doesn't require that much blending and work. Out of all the MUFE foundations I like this one the least. It takes too much effort, doesn't last all day, and doesn't even give full coverage. If you have normal or combo/dry skin this might work for you but there are better foundations out there with the same flawless glowing finish. -- I got a bad batch apparently. 115 and 120 both go on smoothly with a satin finish. The bottle of 118 I bought goes on patchy and turns into a goopy mess.

EDIT: I started using the Hourglass veil primer a few months ago. The MUFE HD foundation goes wonderfully over it. I blend it into a thin layer with either my fingers (working quickly) or the angled sigmax foundation brush for a smooth, velvety finish. Looks like skin! Topped with a Ben Nye neutral set, my pores are erased and it still looks natural. Non-irritating, long lasting, versatile, photography friendly. Kicking myself over missing out on this earlier. I wear 118 (NW20) normally, 115 (NW15) if I'm very pale. 120 also works well in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by melliesue79

I went to Sephora looking for a new foundation and really focused on MUFE based on all of the reviews. This was not a good fit for me at all. Once it was applied, with a good primer underneath, it showed every little face hair on my face. We all have face hair, but when I looked in the mirror that is all I saw. I tried buffiing it on with a flat top brush I also used the Beauty Blender to blend and blend it into my face, neither of these techniques worked. It just did not blend into my face. I have been much happier with the Mat Velvet + and it's a few bucks cheaper which doesn't hurt!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Abby123

Okay, well at first i really liked this foundation until i started to break it in and really see the "negative effects" of this foundation. First of all it is not for oily people at all ! ! and not for anyone with acne either ... even though it states that it and HD foundation which is suppose to conceal your blemishes better .. it the exact opposite, what is does is after 20 mins or so it actually slides off the top of my acne which is weird, that i walked around with every thing being covered except the most important thing that is suppose to be covered up and i am never a fan of any concealer what so ever ... am kind of against using them.... i want a foundation that works as a two in one when it comes to foundation. Am not going to give my foundation an excuse to not work as well as it should ! And plus i already have acne why am i going to also make it suffer by not letting it breathe as well ! ! Also, the fact that it has glitter in it concerns me .... the one good thing i can say about it is that it doesn't break me out, oh and is doesn't set into my fine line also which is what most foundations i have tried seem to lack. Even though, i have been doing a wonderful job with controlling my oil production as of now, i sill wouldn't consider repurchasing it. Oh, well the search is still on for a great foundation ! ! :D

May God Bless You ! !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I love this! It's the second foundation I've purchased (first was Nars Sheer Matte) and I absolutely love it. It's expensive ($40) but in my opinion it's worth every penny. I have dry cheeks and a slightly oily t-zone but with a primer (smashbox) this is amazing. It even covers most of my freckles! The coverage is great and looks like I have perfect skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by annab1239

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this make up with high expectations and was very dissapointed. I paid about 40 dollars which is quite a splurge for me. I need medium to full coverage which is what this product said it offered. When I applied it, I was NOT happy with the finish. I had to cake it on to get the coverage I wanted and it wore off after 3 hours. I do agree if you can build the right coverage your skin looks fantastic for photos and such. BUT it does not last long enough. Waste of my money in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I have mature, dryish skin and this foundation was a right pita when I first got it. Showed up every pore and bit of dry skin, but then I used about twice the amount on top of extremely moisturised skin, and it began to look a bit better. After a bit of massaging and buffing it looked pretty good. A little bit of powder and I was looking polished. It's a bit too demanding imo and needs a lot of effort before it begins to look really good, especially on the pore front in my case (in fact it highlighted pores on my cheeks I didn't even know I had!)
All in all a lot of work for a good result, just don't think I've got the patience in the long run tbh....

Edit - I'm a bit happier with this foundation once I used a smallish foundation brush (the Real Techniques core collection one). The pore problem disappeared completely! Still a bit too dry though...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by genevabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is the best. There's no way around it. Only thing is, bc its kind of expensive, I try to buy a cheaper foundation sometimes...but i always do come back to this one! So yea, that is my only complaint about it, its expensive. But other than that its perfect! Perfectly beautiful even coverage! No blotchiness ever. Cheaper foundations tend to get blotchy, this NEVER does.
**update** I forgot to mention that this foundation comes in sooo many different colors, that you are sure to find an exact match. Drug store foundations never seem to match my skin. They are either too pale or too dark. Personally, I think foundation is the type of thing you just cant cheap out on. Also, I noticed a few people say that its not good for dry skin. Well, that's weird because my skin is dry...and I have no problem with this foundation looking flaky or what not. It is pretty smooth and silky on my skin! But maybe that is bc I moisturize a lot and always apply a primer before?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by marimic1

This a very good foundation. I keep purchasing it now and there and only because it's a little pricy do I sometimes switch to another brand but I have to say I keep going back to it in the last 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I have mixed feelings about this foundation so I'll just make a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
*Lightweight but buildable coverage
* Doesn't feel heavy
*Doesn't sink into pores/scars
*Gives my skin a healthy, natural look
*Great color selection (120 is about a perfect match for my NC20 skin)
*Photographs very well

Cons:
*Very expensive
*Lasting power isn't very good
*Causes breakouts if I wear it daily

Overall I do like it for when I know I'll be photographed or I want my skin to look natural, but its definetly not an everyday foundation for me. It does cover my redness and acne scars well without being too heavy. I will use what I have but I don't think I would repurchase. I need a more longwearing foundation and something that isn't so pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by trinadawn

I find the coverage on this to be great, I smooth it on and it covers all the imperfections without looking too heavy. I hardly need any concealer at all after using this and just a light dusting of powder to finish it off!