Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/7/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this foundation, I can't say enough good things about it. It's PERFECT. Since it's winter and I live in a dry/cold state, I wanted to use liquid for the winter instead of my regular powder. I had it tested at Sephora, and the two friends I was with literally gasped at how flawless it made my skin, and it did.

My roommate ALWAYS comments on how flawless my skin looks whenever I wear it, and she always notices when I do because of how amazing it looks on me. Naturally I have acne scars, blackheads, discoloration, I have it all but this makes my skin look so nice. It's perfect consistency, coverage, and it builds well. It's really expensive but to me, it is absolutely worth it. I use a 187 stippling brush with it.

on 12/7/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my current favorite foundation. I like it because it blends really well and has a natural finish. I usually apply it on my chin, which has some redness, and then blend out with a stipple brush. Then I spritz the stipple brush with Cinema Secrets Moisture spray, and apply the foundation very, very sheerly to the rest of my face. This looks very natural - I get coverage where I want it, and just some evening out of my skintone everywhere else.

I love this and I'm sure I'll repurchase when I run out. It's going to last a long time though, since I only use a pea-sized amount each day.

on 12/6/2011 9:14:00 AM

I don't get what's so good about this foundation. The ads are definitely very convincing... saying that you're looking at the first non-airbrushed make up ads... But when I put it on, it doesn't make my skin looks flawless. It's drying out my skin. And the photos are not that fabulous either. I love MUFE Face & Body Liquid Foundation more. It makes my skin looks flawless both in real life and in photographs.

My HG PhotoFinish foundation. It is SO hard to find a foundation that looks amazing in photos, isn't cakey but still covers AND is good for your skin. MUFE HD is all of that and more.
It doesn't make me break out, is medium buildable coverage, and can be mixed if you are in between shades (I fake tan - on light days i'm 115, on tan days i'm 118, and in between I mix the two).
I am amazed that this is a moderate coverage foundation that doesn't look cakey at all - it actually makes your skin look better by moisturising lines/wrinkles!
The only drawback being that it can get shiny towards the end of the day/night. But i'll live with it for perfect looking skin for the other 6+ hours.

on 12/4/2011 1:48:00 PM

This stuff is so great. 117 fits me perfectly! The SA tried to match me to 118, but that was a bit too dark for my cheek/jawline, IMO. Great color selection- it's hard to find a fair olivey shade. It makes my skin look beautiful, but don't try to use this as a concealer- it's medium coverage and I feel like a lot of the frustration people have about this foundation is from trying to use this as a concealer. This legit improved the quality of my skin too, as far as dryness goes. I have flaky patches where my eyebrows start, which is tricky to cover w/o being caky&weird, but that's not mufe's fault. Try a sample of this! It doesn't work for evveryone, but it worked so well for me that strangers & friends alike come up to me and tell me I look good...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a great foundation! I use shade 153 since I have medium yellow-olive toned skin and I must say that this really is the best shade match I have ever found in a foundation! It truly has those undertones that I have yet to find in other foundations. I use it mainly in the evenings, for going out or special occasions since it has a little more coverage than I usually need. I like that it does not have SPF since I use it when I take pictures and it photographs really well! It is smooth, I apply it with my Sigma flat top kabuki brush and it gives me a flawless finish. Skin is velvety smooth and not entirely matte which I like. Staying power wise I think it is quite good as well. I dont wear this foundation for a whole day which I already stated above so I cannot comment on all day wear. But for the evenings it holds up very well and looks good, never creases or flakes during the whole time. I have combination skin for reference. I use a silicone primer underneath but it also works without primer. Great foundation, which Im willing to pay the high price for! I wish they made a foundation in the same shade for the day-wear (with Spf and longer-wearing but with the same smooth texture)

on 12/2/2011 1:13:00 AM

I'm a 127 in this foundation. I really like that it's not too yellow or too pink, it's right in the middle. It isn't too thick or tacky, it dries nicely and looks natural when I apply it with my beauty blender. Right now it's my HG foundation.

on 12/1/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I've tried this product twice. Once when it first came out and I recently repurchased.

Doesn't suit oily skin, or at least my oily skin. I'm not sure what in the world is in this stuff but it gave me an allergic reaction. I try to take good care of my skin and this was the only thing that was new. Everyone raves about it which is awesome for all of you, but didn't work for me.

Didn't have a good staying power either. I hear it's great for photos - but Chanel is specifically made for photos so ...? Don't quite understand the point of this foundation. It's not meant for work and if I'm going to buy a foundation just for photos this would not be it. Probably ideal for college ladies.

I was told my face wouldn't be oily. That didn't turn out to be true. I could tell before I left for work the first use I wasn't going to be happy. Already had too much of a dewy look. That look plus oil skin equals a nightmare later in the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A silicone-based foundation that has been hyped to an extreme. Silicone foundations are known for creating a "second skin" effect, hence this one calling itself high-definition. However, like a silicone primer, it's a terrible product for oily, combination, sensitive, and dry skin. For oily/combination/acne-prone skin, this foundation will keep all your wonderful oil underneath the silicone layer, trapping it in the pores, clogging them. For dry skin, it will cling to every dry patch on your face, finding ones you never knew you had (in fact, I found this to be true even with my very oily skin). Do yourself a favor and don't fall into the hype of this foundation unless you have normal, fairly clear foundation. It doesn't provide more than light-medium coverage, so, if you have sunspots, post-acne hyperpigmentation, or other higher pigment issues, pass on this.

Once again I fell for the hype. I don't have a sephora very close to me. But, today I had an appointment near one. So, I thought I would swing in for a test drive of the Make Up Forever HD Foundation. The lady put it on and it looked really good at first. Then, I walked around the mall for a bit and realized that it was sinking into my pores and filling in the lines. It emphasized every dry spot on my face (and I'm actually pretty oily). Honestly, it doesn't "just look like a second skin" as some gurus claim. It is pretty thick and masky looking- even when a little is applied. I took it back when I realized this. I should have known to stick with what works best for me- Lancome Teinte Idole Fresh Wear.