October 25, 2014 | 1151 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

I'd like to start off by saying that I have a decent skin... I don't have a lot of breakouts so almost every foundation with light to medium coverage works for me... ok so... this foundation is AMAZING!! I love it!!! for my skin needs I just apply one pump and it looks like skin..... honestly.... I've never tried to apply more to see if it can provide me with full coverage since I don't need it.. the 1 pump is amost medium coverage!!! it looks excelent in photos and for me it is woth the $40!! and it makes all my friend wonder about my perfect skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by mikiraa

Excellent photography foundation. In person and in photos, this looks very natural and skin-like. For reference I am an NC20-25 and I wear 120. This feels light going on, and doesn't feel like I'm wearing too much foundation on my face throughout the night, although it still provides about medium to full coverage. I apply with either my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki or a MAC 187 and it looks flawless. It has a dewy, satiny-finish when worn alone. I almost always wear this foundation with primer underneath - I believe that's what helps it to last longer on my skin. With primer and set with the accompanying HD Microfinish Powder, this lasted for over 12 hours through dinner and a night of dancing, with only a small powder touch-up that I probably could have done without.

Take caution though - this emphasizes dry patches of skin like no tomorrow. For super oily-skinned gals, this might be too moisturizing a foundation. This foundation would probably be best for those with normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by LMQ1

I have combination (oily tzone/dry cheeks) skin that is prone to break out in the extreme heat or dry winter. I am yellow-olive undertoned and am color matched to Chanel AV Beige 40 Desert and Lancome Miracle Buff 7W. I purchased 126 in this foundation. I love the packaging and the pump. It is much more matte than I have been wearing this summer, but not drying for my skin. Even with moisturizer and a light hand of sunscreen, it takes about 20 minutes for it to feel like natural skin to me. It covers minor imperfections very well but I would probably use a primer around my nose where my pores are a bit larger for longer periods, e.g., work days. I could probably get away with my fingers, but I like to stiple it on with a brush most times, then blend. No mask face, no sensitivity, and no breakouts so far. One great thing about this that I consider a real plus is I haven't needed to set this foundation and I have a fairly oily tzone. I will need to blot and use BE MV midday but I love the finish and it looks so natural I find it an unnecessary step (and timesaver!). Love that. No real cons to speak of...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't care for this. If you have oily skin in any form you probably won't like this either. I'm wearing it right now and I have to keep powdering and blotting my skin (and yes I'm wearing primer). Its a sheer coverage, blends well and color match on me is perfect. But way to oily for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by rnaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A bit of an unfortunate product. With all the hype going around about this FD, i really really wanted to love it. But it felt heavy on my face (and very very matte) and didnt do much at all except for highlight my uneven skin tone.

I do not recommend this for anyone who is looking for a dewy glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the search for a good foundation and decided to try this one out. The shade I used is 117 Marble, which was a nice yellow based shade that suits me. Unfortunately this emphasizes imperfections on me, like enlarges my pores and emphasizes any dry or flaky areas. I even went outside in my car to look in the mirror out there and although the shade was nice, imperfections were most definitely emphasized. Will be sending this back.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kbmartin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this. After reading review after review, I finally decided to buy it. I am a foundation junkie. This did not work for me at all. It accentuated my pores and I didn't like the finish at all. If you have perfect or nearly perfect skin, I'm sure it would look great. I have acne scarring and it didn't do much to cover it. Really disappointed.

For reference...NC35/NC37 in MAC..#127 in MUFE HD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's not a terrible foundation but it's not great either. It tends to emphasize dry patches of skin and flakes so it's not good for dry skin (without a lot of moisturizer and exfoliation). It does provide moderate coverage for redness and breakouts but it wouldn't suit oily skin as it has a dewy finish. When I applied this over moisturizer and the HD primer, it was a little difficult to blend in a thin layer and looked a little blotchy. After buffing some translucent powder all over, it looked very smooth and flawless. In 5 minutes the blotchiness was gone completely and it looked like nice, hydrated skin. The finish was a little too dewy for me, very similar to MUFE Face & Body except F&B doesn't require that much blending and work. Out of all the MUFE foundations I like this one the least. It takes too much effort, doesn't last all day, and doesn't even give full coverage. If you have normal or combo/dry skin this might work for you but there are better foundations out there with the same flawless glowing finish. -- I got a bad batch apparently. 115 and 120 both go on smoothly with a satin finish. The bottle of 118 I bought goes on patchy and turns into a goopy mess.

EDIT: I started using the Hourglass veil primer a few months ago. The MUFE HD foundation goes wonderfully over it. I blend it into a thin layer with either my fingers (working quickly) or the angled sigmax foundation brush for a smooth, velvety finish. Looks like skin! Topped with a Ben Nye neutral set, my pores are erased and it still looks natural. Non-irritating, long lasting, versatile, photography friendly. Kicking myself over missing out on this earlier. I wear 118 (NW20) normally, 115 (NW15) if I'm very pale. 120 also works well in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by melliesue79

I went to Sephora looking for a new foundation and really focused on MUFE based on all of the reviews. This was not a good fit for me at all. Once it was applied, with a good primer underneath, it showed every little face hair on my face. We all have face hair, but when I looked in the mirror that is all I saw. I tried buffiing it on with a flat top brush I also used the Beauty Blender to blend and blend it into my face, neither of these techniques worked. It just did not blend into my face. I have been much happier with the Mat Velvet + and it's a few bucks cheaper which doesn't hurt!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Abby123

Okay, well at first i really liked this foundation until i started to break it in and really see the "negative effects" of this foundation. First of all it is not for oily people at all ! ! and not for anyone with acne either ... even though it states that it and HD foundation which is suppose to conceal your blemishes better .. it the exact opposite, what is does is after 20 mins or so it actually slides off the top of my acne which is weird, that i walked around with every thing being covered except the most important thing that is suppose to be covered up and i am never a fan of any concealer what so ever ... am kind of against using them.... i want a foundation that works as a two in one when it comes to foundation. Am not going to give my foundation an excuse to not work as well as it should ! And plus i already have acne why am i going to also make it suffer by not letting it breathe as well ! ! Also, the fact that it has glitter in it concerns me .... the one good thing i can say about it is that it doesn't break me out, oh and is doesn't set into my fine line also which is what most foundations i have tried seem to lack. Even though, i have been doing a wonderful job with controlling my oil production as of now, i sill wouldn't consider repurchasing it. Oh, well the search is still on for a great foundation ! ! :D

May God Bless You ! !