Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 2/6/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in love with UDPP until I tried Shadow Insurance. This not only makes my eye makeup stay and not crease, it really makes the colors pop! My shadow looks so much better and smoother!

UDPP, move over! Shadow Insurance ensures that my eye shadow stays in place, without feeling dry, as was the case for me with UDPP. I like the small blue tube and I have no problem with dispensing the product - I use a brush to apply it onto my eyelids. I let this primer dry before applying eye shadow, and the drying process is very brief. Eye shadows are easy to work with over this primer - no flakes or uneven spots. I have no complaints.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is cheaper than Urban Decay's eyelid primer, but in my opinion doesn't work as well. I don't think my lids are particularly oily, but I often have problems with my eyeliner transferring to my crease (hooray for Asian eyes). This primer goes on a little oily, and by the end of the day, I find that the eyeliner has traveled. I usually use Revlon Colorstay or MAC Fluidline, and this primer doesn't "protect" either of them. It's nice that it comes in a squeeze tube, which is more hygienic, but I think I'll probably stick to UDPP in the future.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I tried this and, wanted to love it just so bad! I have VERY oily lids and, I tried this primer it did no justice for me it creased more than if I wouldn't have used primer. It creased badly in twenty five minutes. If you have super oily lids like me, I'd suggest UDPP!

on 1/31/2010 2:51:00 AM

I like this product, but don't love it. I feel like there are much better primers out there. It has a really nice, silky feel, but I feel like it sometimes squeezes out and goes on a little oily.

I ♥ this! I have combination skin that leans dry, but have always had issue with creasing shadows. I've tried other primers, but this one is so far my favorite. It gives my shadows life for a day versus until lunch.

The color of the cream is a sheer nude--I can't see it at all once it is smoothed over my NW15/20 skintone. It feels somewhat silky going on, just be sure to use it sparingly (it really works best that way in my experience). continued >>

on 1/30/2010 3:56:00 PM

I love this primer! Up until I heard about it, Urban Decay Primer Potion was my HG in this department, but no more! One of the main things I am overjoyed about is the packaging or container it comes in. It's a squeezy tube that is super easy to control the amount of prodct coming out and also to squeeze out the last bit of product without much effort. Whereas the UDPP was designed by men, obviously, or perhaps just a team of friggin idiots. Jeebus, who has time and inclination to perform surgery on their royal looking tube to gain access to the majority of the product?!
Also, the Too Faced is so much easier to apply. The UD would sometimes streak and apply a bit cakey and dry but this applies smoothly and effortlessly every time. After application I wait about 30 seconds and then start applying my shadow. Your lid is the tiniest bit tacky from the primer and really grabs the product and amplifies the color without getting a damp steaky color application. My color stays bright and flawless all day, even if I go work out and sweat up a storm.
Will and have repurchased! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Okay, I tried this after a go round w/ UDPP. Now that I have been using this for awhile I can say that this one is just as good as UDPP. Maybe even better. I can fall asleep with eyeshadow on and in the morning its still holding on. Also you do not have to cut the packaging to get every drop of what you paid for. The squeeze tube is perfect. I can use my finger or a concealer brush to apply. It seems pricey but as I think about how long it has lasted (I use it everyday) it is really not that expensive. I have not tried another brand because I have been totally happy. When this tube is gone....I'm getting another one.

on 1/30/2010 8:51:00 AM

This is one of those great products that actually does what it says it will do. I could not live without this. I have tried a few other eye lid primers but nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to this. My shadow stays in place for 14 hours, it does not budge, and that is amazing. Without using a primer, my eye makeup would need touching up by lunch. I will continue to buy this again and again.

on 1/30/2010 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've tried a few different eye primers and this is hands down, my favorite! The price is reasonable and most importantly, it works!! My eyes are pretty sensitive, but I've never had any problems with this stuff. I will be re-buying!