April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by eccentric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG eye primer. It lets me actually blend my shadows nicely, and it doesn't make my eyelids flake off! IT'S A MIRACLE. The packaging is really convenient, too. I see myself buying this again and again when I run out in the future. Lovely product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jeska1182

I dont know I tried this product today and it made my shadow blend weird. I had to reapply my makeup like 4times, I was getting frustrated because it just wasn't working!! Maybe I was having a bad makeup day! Who knows but reguardless... Im sticking to my MAC paint pots!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by remmy

I was a devout user of UDPP for several years until I ran out one day and decided to give this a try. The consistency is a bit creamier and I like that it comes in a tube, much more sanitary than UD. Like expected, my makeup lasted all day but towards the end of the day, my eyeshadows didnt seem as vibrant as they were when I applied them in the morning. You only have to use a little bit of product so the little bottle will probably last you a pretty long time. I would probably repurchase again if the store is out of UDPP, since that is still my HG of eye shadow primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! It won't make your, "color pop," or do a pony-show trick, but it will keep your shadow from settling in your lines and creases and that's what it's supposed to do. My shadow lasts all day, even on my oily lids and that's with moisture under it. I just love it and would use it over and over again. I always have one out and a spare waiting in the wings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This primer is really great. It definitely helps with creasing and fading my eyeshadow looked the same late at night as it did when I first put it on! I love udpp but the packaging is horrible this packaging is much less wasteful. Otherwise I love this and udpp I like this packaging way more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I've used UDPP for a few years, the regular version and sin version, and find that I really like Too Faced Shadow Insurance more, and probably because the packaging is so much more logical. I never understood why Urban Decay decided to make it impossible to get any product out of their Primer Potion bottles. This is easier and more hygienic. If anything, get this product for the hygienic reason. lol. The consistency seems about the same as UDPP to me, and it keeps my shadow and liner in place very well. I will never go back to UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have had this for a while and have used it, but since I don't wear heavy eye makeup very often I didn't have a chance to really test this stuff till Halloween. I was doing a very frosty 80s inspired makeup look. Electric blue liner with a heavy frosted blue lid. This primer kept that crazy blue shadow and liner on and vibrant all night! Through drinking and dancing and sweating and probably rubbing my eyes by mistake at least once! I was very impressed. I checked it when I got home and it really looked the same as when I put it on 6 or 7 hours ago.
I also discovered that you can dab a tiny bit of this over your light daytime makeup and then go right over it with your evening makeup without having to wash anything off. I did this for my office Christmas party last week and it worked great and my smoky evening makeup stayed on all night!
Last but not least, I have to say it...FINALLY someone has put shadow primer in a useful package! I am all for fun, pretty packaging, but you still need to be able to get it out of the tube. Sorry UD but Too Faced has outsmarted you on the primer front.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I usually use UDPP, but figured I'd try something new. SO here it is. It's a little oily when i place it on my lids and takes a while for it to be matte or ready, i guess. I prefer this tubing over UDPP.
I don't feel that it makes my e/s lash longer. It prevents it from creasing but over time like after a day of classes (9am-5pm) it fades. I had it once from 9PM for a party and slept in my makeup; i forgot to take it off and overnight my shadows were gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by amyfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after seeing UDPP in Europe and arriving back in Australia without buying it and regretting it :(
However I have found this product to be fantastic, it keeps my eye make up in place on my very oily lids all day. The packaging is easy to use & aestically pleasing & even though I nearly died when I paid $30 for the tiny tube (hey, I was only earning $8/hr at the time I bought it!) it has been excellent value, lasting over 8 months so far & I still have about 1/4 of a tube to go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I got this as a replacement for UDPP and its annoying packaging. It does what it is supposed to do: make e/s colors pop and last all day. But I must admit that if you tend to have dry eyelids (like myself) then this stuff may not be for you. When my eyes are dry, this stuff tends to go flakey and looks kind of bad. I'm going to keep using this stuff but as soon as UDPP switches to a more usable packaging, I'm switching back.