October 31, 2014 | 918 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Akear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I luuuuuuuuuv EVOO. My BF was very skeptical at first, but even he notices how many uses this has :)

I put it in a different bottle to keep in the shower and I add it to my conditioner for a deep treatment. I also use it to remove my makeup and I frequently rub a few drops into my skin before bed. I also use it to shave and it is the best ever for my super dry skin. I also very, very much enjoy slathering this on my face before I get into the shower and I let the steam give me a little facial while I shower :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Olive oil is great as a moisture sealent but has no moisturizing properties. I dab a little on my damp hair after i use my leave in conditioner to keep the moisture in my locks. Using this as a foundation remover makes my makeup melt right off but it is not so great for mascara. As a facial treatment i do this mainly at night once a week and more often dring winter. I put on a good moisturizer, wait till it sinks in and glide a very tiny bit of olive oil over my face, The vitamin E in the evoo makes my skin plump and supple by morning. Using it alone on your hair or skin however without any moisturizers will dry it out since it more of a sealent because of its viscous lipid layer so be sure to put it on afterwards.

Mainly, i love this with bread and basalmic vinegar. =)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this at the ends of my pretty curly hair and it really makes my hair soft! I usually put it on if I'm cleaning or something and leave it on for about 30 minuets for so, then shampoo. I also use it for my nails, I try to soak them for at least 5 minuets (but I usually soak them for about 2 minuets) each hand before I go to bed and I've noticed that it really seems to help with brittle nails. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by JBuiltsJuicyGirl

helg writes a great review on olive oil! there are a couple of things i'd like to add that has helped me personally.

Due to a terrible allergic reaction to Benzoyl peroxide my face was bright red, itchy and burning for a terrible 3 days. My face reacted to everything i put on it (cetaphil, cortaide, aveeno, etc.). For the rest of the week the flare up dissapeared but my skin remained incredibly sensitive, rough dry and flaking. EVOO has really helped me bring moisture back into my skin. I've been using Evoo for 2 weeks since my allergic reaction and my skin has greatly improved and is better than my skin was a month ago!(the 1st week iused it as a mositurizer and as a m.u remover then for now as the latter)

As a makeup remover: it dissolves my makeup right off, but doesn't do so well for mascara, i use a different remover for this. I first wet my face and with a soaked cotton ball, swipe my entire face and let it sit for a minute then swipe it back off with a makeup removing towelette. since Evoo is very emollient i wash with a soap free cleanser. I love using this as a makeup remover because i feel that it removes every last grain of makeup from my skin. It feels like it treads deep in my pores cleansing away any last impurities.

After the purging my skins pores are noticably tighter, my skin is more hydrated and my flaking is gone and my acne scars are lighter. I love knowing EVOO is packed with antioxidants such as vitamin E while doing this. I've heard for some it took almost a month to get over flaking skin from allergic reactions so to get over it in a week makes me very happy! I have Sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and Evoo although an oil does not break me out at all.

i also use this as a moisturizing treatment: i put it on my face and body in the shower so the humidity will let it sink in and i rinse it back off. it leaves my body very smooth!

As for hair: This is absolutely amazing as a hydrating treatment. My waist length dry color treated hair feels so healthy and shiny even at the ends! *Update:* I had been reading a hair care forum and learned that EVOO is only good as a moisture sealent. If used the wrong way it will block out moisture in your hair and cause it to dry out and get very damaged. I adivse to use this as a sealent frommoisture coming out. Use this after conditioning, or a little after using your leave in consitioner but do not use AS a leave in conditioner =]

use it! it's so cheap! Def. the best kept beauty secret! continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Started using EVOO a couple weeks ago as a body moisturizer after I showered. I mix in a couple drops of essential oils and sometimes salt to use as a exfoliator when in the shower. I can't say enough how much I love the results I get from doing this! My skin the next morning is so soft and smooth. I've spent a ton on body lotions and creams over the years and I've never gotten results like this ever. To think I could get such great skin from something in my kitchen cupboard! UPDATE 11/1/12 Started using this on my face and loving it for that also. It sinks into my skin SO FAST it's amazing. Doesn't clog my pores or cause acne break outs. Softens fine lines and doesn't cause milia. Been using the Kirkland brand from Costco. Evoo is supposed to fade acne scars over time so we'll see. EVOO is also high in vitamin E which is great for skin. Will keep using this as long as my skin agrees with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupismylife

I am so excited to write this review! I have always heard the olive oil is good for hair and skin, but I never put it to serious use - it's like beauty in a bottle. I keep this right alongside my aspirin, apple cider vinegar, and milk of magnesia (the unlisted brand HG's - check them out). The easiest place for me to use this is in the shower, and I will describe my routine:

1) First, I run a handful of the oil through my hair and brush it through before I shower, letting it sink in for about ten minutes or so
2) Then, I shower and shampoo and condition my hair very well - make sure to get most of the oil out
3) I remove my makeup with a Pond's Clean Sweep Facial Wipe, and exfoliate with Pond's Microdermabrasion Scrub.
4) I rub the olive oil all over my face (I AM VERY OILY AND ACNE PRONE YET THIS DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!) and body, letting it sit for awhile (I will usually shave in the meantime)
5) Wash all the oil off, and moisturize with a good moisturizer afterwards

The end result? Silk soft, hydrated, frizz-free hair, silky skin, and glowing complexion. WOW.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the raves here, I bought a bottle of verite olive oil that was on sale at Safeway, and poured it into my empty Shu Uemura cleansing oil pump bottle. I like to mix three pumps of olive oil with one pump of normal makeup removing oil. 1. It really helps make my pricey makeup removing oil last longer, since I no longer need to buy a bottle every 2 months.2. With the olive oil mixed in, it's less drying on my skin3. With a bit of normal makeup removing oil mixed in, the emulsifier helps break down the olive oil too. Then there won't be any residue. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only thing that removes MAC liquidlast liners =] and makes my skin super smooth & silky too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MACAddiction

I love this stuff! I use it as a moisturizer. I have VERY dry skin, with dry patches on my cheeks. I used to use DHC Olive oil, but refused to pay $38 bucks for a tiny little bottle of it. I buy the EVOO from Whole Foods - the brand is San Giuliani imported from Italy for 7 bucks. I also love the packaging of this brand. It has a cork top that pops out gently, and a tapered glass bottle that allows you to literally deposit a drop on your hand if you pour slowly enough. I probably will go to the Container Store and get some medicine drop bottles, but until I do, no fears of pouring an ounce in my hand if I'm careful. Yes, it's the kind that you use in your food, but this brand is not overwhelmingly strong at all, it is ALMOST odorless. There are plenty of people who say that OO sold for food is not the same as high end cosmetic OO, and they may be right. However, having used both, it's one of those things where only you will know that you spent 7 dollars (for 8oz) as opposed to 38 dollars for an ounce or less. The end result is the same - no dry patches, and glowy skin that made me look younger! HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I've adopted the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) for my poor, sensitive, Rosacea-afflicted face that has been reacting to everything under the sun. Initially I used only jojoba oil to massage into my skin before taking it off with a damp washcloth/facial wipe. However, I found that my skin has become quite dry (in part due to pregnancy) and hence, jojoba is no longer moisturizing enough.

I now use 1/4 jojoba and 3/4 EVOO to cleanse and to moisturize. The EVOO is much more emollient, and there are days when I don't even need to moisturize after wiping off the mixture used for cleansing. My skin glows.

The olive oil smell is also wonderful (although it does make me peckish for a nice balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip - ha ha!).

Check out this link for details on OCM: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5612

When massaging the oil into my face, it feels really relaxing and calming, and it doesn't cause a Rosacea flare-up. It is like giving yourself a mini facial every day.

This is so far the most gentle and non-irritating cleansing method I've come across. The trick is to use a super soft/gentle washcloth for those of you with sensitive skin like mine. The other point to note is the temperature of the water - if you have Rosacea or other skin conditions where you need to avoid use of hot/warm water, then use tepid water to take/rinse off the oil. It still works for me and my face never feels greasy but it does feel very clean. If the water is too hot, my face will feel stripped of the oil and become flushed.

My skin is really clean and calm, and any little whiteheads and crud in the pores are all cleared out...

I also use EVOO as a face and body moisturizer - don't use too much, massage into your slightly damp skin and it won't be greasy - that seems to be the main trick when using oils.

My lips have recently become very chapped and reactive towards Vaseline, Aquaphor, lip balm, you name it (I think I might have perioral dermatitis) and the only moisturizer it will tolerate is EVOO. Of course, I have to use just the tiniest drop and reapply often (I have to find a little roller ball applicator so I can bring this stuff out with me) but when your lips/skin can't tolerate anything else, you make do... :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No