November 26, 2014 | 1904 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do like how this mascara make my lashes look (long and thick, not very clumpy but a little texture), I have had problems with it irritating my eyes and dissolving off and getting stringy black gunk in my eyes. It does wash off fairly easily though. Overall, if I probably won't re-purchase because of the irritation it causes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I thought I was imagining things when I decided to check out the reviews and was finally able to confirm my experience with this mascara.
First 2-3 days were beautiful! It gave me nice long, well separated lashes. I didnt think it irritated my eyes so that was great. It was a little clumpy but nothing that a bit of stroking the brush over my lashes several times couldn't fix.
Then with continued use and within a week, I noticed more than usual lash fallout and thinning. After removing, my lashes just looked so flimsy! And of course, there it was, the added irritation to my lids, which I bet contributed to the lash fallout.
Also, like other reviewers, I experienced the increased clumping, particularly on the outer lashes, which would NOT separate.
Removing this was not a walk in the park either. Last time before I decided to put this to rest it took me 2 cotton balls with the neutrogena e/m remover, as well as splashing my face with water several times. And the itching and irritation were unfriggenbelieavable.
Is this mascara waterproof or does it have waterproof properties/ingredients? It's the only explanation for this since most mascaras that hurt my eyes happen to be waterproof.
What upset me the most is that the irritation wasn't sudden but it creeped in slowly over the days. I much more prefer MF 2000 calorie. Needless to say, I will not repurchase and I'm hoping to get my eyes back to normal soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by j_doll

I have really short thin lashes that don't curl AT ALL even when I use an eyelash curler..10 mins later its back to being straight so I have a lot of trouble finding the right mascara for me. I tried this as a GWP from clinique and I would say it is an okay product. It could be better from the name "HIGH impact mascara" the name really caught my eye and I thought it would do the things it advertises. When I first used it, it only get me length and somewhat of volume. My eyelashes didn't look as different so I guess I still have more hunting to do! The great thing is it doesn't clump and I wear contacts so it doesn't irritage my eye at all. I guess this works best on those who are born lucky with long curly lashes because it will REALLY bring out your eyes. The price is okay.. I paid $24CDN for it.. I think it could be cheaper because I could get drug store mascara that works as well as it for less

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by x3il33n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay if you put it on. The length and volume was okay, all it did was just darken my eyelashes and give it like a nanometer of length. However, it does smudge, especially if you rub your eyes often. Also, I've had the same experience as those last posters. I got a black gooey string of mascara plus something else in the corner of my eye after I've taken the mascara off. Not pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Leesabees

My eyes exploded with this mascara. Exploded into horribleness. Woke up eyes swollen shut, taking horrible gunkiness out of my eyes. All day my eyes were red. I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

I would have given it a higher package quality, but since the package contained horrible eye acid no, it was not good quality.

I always would get these in the GWP's, and every time I used them this happened. I thought it was allergies... yes... to horrible mascara.

Looked pretty going on though!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by vanillacupcake

I received this as a GWP. I had the same problem as the poster below - wearing this mascara caused goopy black eye stuff. You don't want details.
It was fine when I was wearing it but it irritated my eyes when I was taking it off. Also, the next morning (for most of the day) I had those black strings in my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried in terms of smudging. By the end of the work day most of this mascara had migrated to my eyelids and undereyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by assenav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really short and tiny lashes, and it gives me a natural look. It doesn't clump and can be easily removed by warm water. It was a GWP for me, but I am not gonna pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP a couple of years ago. Was quite happy with the way my lashes looked when using it. HOWEVER it irritated my eyes terribly - it seemed to shed into my eyes and I'd be pulling gooey black strings out of the corner of my eyes during the day, or I'd get to the point where I couldn't keep one eye open because it was tearing up so badly. Took me a while to realise that it was the mascara causing the problems - switched mascaras (to Dior Maximeyes, now discontinued so have moved onto Diorshow) and that cleared up the problem quick smart. This was the worst beauty product I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP and it's a pretty decent mascara. It's glossy, doesn't clump, goes on clean, and comes off pretty well too. It's not completely AMAZING or anything, but I've had worse. My eyelashes are kind of dinky and straight. This mascara doesn't give volume, length, or curl, but it darkens them and makes my eyes look pretty.
If you want something straightforward, I recommend this. I would buy it when I run out, but I'll be trying out other types because this one isn't the ONE for me.