Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 4/26/2008 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In general I am not a fan of Clinique; however I really like their mascaras. I have lashes that are pretty easy to work with so I don't demand too much from a mascara besides defining and looking at least somewhat natural. High Impact isn't my favorite from Clinique, but it gives my lashes a full, separated look without ever clumping, smudging, etc. It's not on the HG list, but it's probably worth a repurchase or two.

on 4/22/2008 10:00:00 PM

Ok, so (for the price) this is my HG mascara (when combined w/ the lash building primer by Clinique. - I can buy the two for almost the same price as one mascara by another brand, so that in itself is great!) I get great use out of this mascara - no clumping, smudging, and it does actually give my tiny blond lashes curl and length. I only get about 2 months at most before it starts clumping however, so I do have to re-buy although I find that to be the case with any mascara I use.

I've never tried it w/o the Clinique primer so I can't review it on its own, but together they are wonderful!!

on 4/22/2008 9:16:00 AM

This is my to go mascara for evening makeup. Very intense black, thickens the lashes dramatically without being too clumping - just build the volume gradually. Contains no stupid fibers and stuff, just loads of pigment in quite heavy and moist mascara base. The dense brush is bit too big to my taste but otherwise ok. Stays on pretty well and does not usually stain, great properties for water soluble mascara. Bit hard to wash out, the black just runs and runs - but probably this is due to all that heavy pigment.

on 4/20/2008 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this product at all. It goes on kinda thick and clumpy for me. I was told by one Clinique SA to make sure to wipe the tip of my mascara wand and any excess that I could see along the length of the wand. This is terrible advice, because why would I want to pay so much when I'm wiping off and throwing away half of the product. I got this in one of their Clinique Bonus Days packs, which is the only reason I even have it. When an SA put it on me as part of a look, it gave me horrible spidery eyes. My eyelashes looked like hairy spider legs and were thick, and well, I think Tammy Faye Baker comes to mind and sums it up best. Maybe she would like it!

on 4/20/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eh, this is just okay. It did clump a little when I put it on, but looked nice otherwise, initially. Before the day was over, it had smudges.
It doesn't hold a candle to Lancome.
This came with at GWP.

on 4/18/2008 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Wasn't able to hold a curl and it smudges a bit. With that said, it does add a little drama to the eyes, nothing spectacular.

on 4/16/2008 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has been my mascara for years now and honestly, I couldn't and still can't think of a better one. It lasts longer than the three months a mascara should last and not once has it become dry and cloggy. I also love how this is available in special boxes every once in a while with a little cream pot or a sample of eye patches and whatnot. Great stuff.

Will buy again!

on 4/14/2008 6:19:00 PM

Great mascara!!! Its very easy to remove too.

on 4/14/2008 2:21:00 PM

This mascara does give a dramatic look! A bit too much for me, actually, I prefer the natural look. It stays put during the day, yet it is easy to remove. However, when removing it, I get quite a bit of tiny mascara fibres stuck in my eyes - not good.

on 4/14/2008 4:05:00 AM

I used YSL Faux Cils for years and thought it was my perfect match. Unfortunately it gets really dry really to fast so I had to start my search for the perfect mascara again. This is definately it!
I got it as a sample at first and loved it so I had to finally get the full sized one. This gives length and volume, and gives just as good result as Faux Cils did. It's easy to remove, but still stays on for as long as I want it too. The only bad thing about this is that I didn't buy it sooner. A new HG, I love it!