December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by IlanaKravets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Same as other reviewers gave my lashes great oomph and volume. Had lots of comments from my friends. However, and this is why I wouldn't buy it again, during the day and when I would try and take off my make up it came off in these waxy strings which irritated my eyes and even when I though I had taken it off completely the next morning I would still find these gooey strings coming out of my eyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mtack

My lashes: short, medium thickness and dark brown. Love dramatic lashes. This mascara provided no volume, some length after 4 sweeps, lashes droopped and smudged after couple of hours, the black not too pigmented, weird hue to it. After removal, noticed flakes inside the rims of my eyes. Conclusion: nothing high impact about this mascara, one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried for a dept. store brand. Wore it for three days with same results and then went straight to the trash. This was the regular size, ugly green tube I purchased. My own fault since I know Clinique has a bad reputation on mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smmcconal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is by far and away the best I have ever used. It goes on smooth, never clumps, and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! Creates very full and soft lashes. I think the cost is also very reasonable for the size and quality. This will always be in my makeup case!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by YoursEvermore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara has become my HG! One coat blows my old Maybelline Full n Soft out of the water. Two or more coats *really* makes my lashes stand out. I haven't had any problems with clumping or smudging. I highly recommend people get a sample and try it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do like how this mascara make my lashes look (long and thick, not very clumpy but a little texture), I have had problems with it irritating my eyes and dissolving off and getting stringy black gunk in my eyes. It does wash off fairly easily though. Overall, if I probably won't re-purchase because of the irritation it causes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I thought I was imagining things when I decided to check out the reviews and was finally able to confirm my experience with this mascara.
First 2-3 days were beautiful! It gave me nice long, well separated lashes. I didnt think it irritated my eyes so that was great. It was a little clumpy but nothing that a bit of stroking the brush over my lashes several times couldn't fix.
Then with continued use and within a week, I noticed more than usual lash fallout and thinning. After removing, my lashes just looked so flimsy! And of course, there it was, the added irritation to my lids, which I bet contributed to the lash fallout.
Also, like other reviewers, I experienced the increased clumping, particularly on the outer lashes, which would NOT separate.
Removing this was not a walk in the park either. Last time before I decided to put this to rest it took me 2 cotton balls with the neutrogena e/m remover, as well as splashing my face with water several times. And the itching and irritation were unfriggenbelieavable.
Is this mascara waterproof or does it have waterproof properties/ingredients? It's the only explanation for this since most mascaras that hurt my eyes happen to be waterproof.
What upset me the most is that the irritation wasn't sudden but it creeped in slowly over the days. I much more prefer MF 2000 calorie. Needless to say, I will not repurchase and I'm hoping to get my eyes back to normal soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by j_doll

I have really short thin lashes that don't curl AT ALL even when I use an eyelash curler..10 mins later its back to being straight so I have a lot of trouble finding the right mascara for me. I tried this as a GWP from clinique and I would say it is an okay product. It could be better from the name "HIGH impact mascara" the name really caught my eye and I thought it would do the things it advertises. When I first used it, it only get me length and somewhat of volume. My eyelashes didn't look as different so I guess I still have more hunting to do! The great thing is it doesn't clump and I wear contacts so it doesn't irritage my eye at all. I guess this works best on those who are born lucky with long curly lashes because it will REALLY bring out your eyes. The price is okay.. I paid $24CDN for it.. I think it could be cheaper because I could get drug store mascara that works as well as it for less

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by x3il33n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay if you put it on. The length and volume was okay, all it did was just darken my eyelashes and give it like a nanometer of length. However, it does smudge, especially if you rub your eyes often. Also, I've had the same experience as those last posters. I got a black gooey string of mascara plus something else in the corner of my eye after I've taken the mascara off. Not pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Leesabees

My eyes exploded with this mascara. Exploded into horribleness. Woke up eyes swollen shut, taking horrible gunkiness out of my eyes. All day my eyes were red. I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

I would have given it a higher package quality, but since the package contained horrible eye acid no, it was not good quality.

I always would get these in the GWP's, and every time I used them this happened. I thought it was allergies... yes... to horrible mascara.

Looked pretty going on though!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by vanillacupcake

I received this as a GWP. I had the same problem as the poster below - wearing this mascara caused goopy black eye stuff. You don't want details.
It was fine when I was wearing it but it irritated my eyes when I was taking it off. Also, the next morning (for most of the day) I had those black strings in my eyes.