July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Mayfaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice product with very good packaging (pump). It lasts a long time. My skin is on the oily side and this does a good (but not great) job of cleansing and doesn't break me out. If you have very sensitive skin or use it more than once a day it may be a little drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 8:22:00 AM More reviews by maria177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is HORRIBLE! Its didnt remove my makeup effectively and I couldnt remove my eye makeup! It made my acne prone skin break out the next day (2 huge pimples!!). Horrble product. And EXPENSIVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 8:00:00 AM More reviews by BuffityGrl

Even THIS sensitve cleanser made my face itch!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by craff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I've used. It's non-drying/stripping, yet removes all my makeup, and rinses clean, leaving my face clean and not irritated. I love it and will buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sickstew

it broke me out.. it didn't dry me out, and it did a good job of cleansing at first.. but i got a bunch of white heads on my forehead after using this for about a week. ehhh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by maxx_kp

I've been using this for about two-three years now. I have ance-prone, oily AND sensitive skin (bad combination). I've been a faithful consumer of this product because it doesn't irritate my skin at all, and does cleanse my makeup and dirt away. I find the packaging really ugly, but I guess its low price makes up for it. I haven't found anything better for my oily skin so I'll probably stick with this product for a while. It used to come in a big tube with a big hole (which I hated), but now it comes in pumps so it's more convenient to use. If you have oily & sensitive skin like mine, you should give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite other facial cleanser besides the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. This can be drying if you use it too much. So I recommend using this only if your face is oily, sweaty, or has a lot of makeup on. This does not foam, which I like because all the foaming just drys my skin out and can take forever to wash off. I guess it's just a personal preference. This doesn't break my skin out either. I've been using this for 3 years+, and it's kept my skin problems at bay. It could be a tad cheaper, but then again it lasts me awhile (about 6 months). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since the other Cetaphil wasn't cutting the oil, I thought I'd try this. Alas, it dried my skin and inflamed my cheeks - it burned, burned, burned. The smell is too strong too, plus there should be NO fragrance in a line of products touted as Cetaphil is for sensitive skin. All Cetaphil has been a real disappointment for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Egonise

I thought that with it's originals' reputation, the oily skin formula would work better for my combination skin. Also, after reading a good amount of raves, I decided to give it a try, thinking that I have nothing to lose anyway. After using it for a few days, I noticed breakouts on spots that seemed rather odd: cheek area, above my brows, around my upper lips... unusual. I've tried living in denial, hoping that it's something else, like my new Mineral secret foundation, my new moisturizer, or maybe a strange reaction to my detergent. How could something so highly recommended by dermotologists be causing breakouts? I got so paranoid to the point where I was convinced that there's something wrong with me, that I'm abnormal!! Thank Goodness for all these mua reviews, I'm not the only one having problems with the product. Lesson learned: Read MUA reviews before trying out new products, saves a lot of time, money, and the worse paranoia I've had about having abnormal skin. Oh, by the way, the breakouts stopped right after I discontinued using this cleanser, what does that tell me? This stuff is evil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This cleanser worked better for my than the original version, but the fragrance is too strong and overwhelming. For a line that is made for sensitive skin and recommended by dermatologists, I don't see why such a cloying fragrance is necessary. And the ingredients list "fragrance" among them, so this fragrance has been added. Did this cleanser smell so bad that they needed to add a masking fragrance to it? I *might* consider using it again because it cleaned my skin well enough, but I can't stand the smell.