Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am pleased with this cleanser. I tried it out when my overly oily face got ten times worse. It did the impossible and dried out most of the oils off my nose and chin. I am in love. I don't use this everyday now because after using it for a couple days in a row it dried out the crease in between my nose and upper lip to the point of causing sores. I still love it though, because it does help prevent the oily build up.

on 7/25/2004 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

A nice skin cleanser. A clear liquid that works great to remove excess facial oil and makeup without overdrying. It doesn't lather much though. Also I wish it was fragance free. It has a 70's type flowery scent that is really unnecessary. I do like the pump bottle. Other than that, its worth a try.

Much cheaper than my favorite cleanser (Lancome Gel Clarte) and works just fine for me. I don't usually mind the smell of products but I don't like this one, though I can live with it. It's inexpensive enough that I use it on my back and decolette too. I have found it clearing for my oily/acne prone skin. Others here have not had such luck, so it seems to be a hit or miss product. I still miss my Lancome though.

on 7/12/2004 11:11:00 PM

non-drying??? NO ! leaves a gross film thats so hard to wash off. and i have to wask my face twice with this b4 my toner soaked cotton ball shows clean. trying to finish it off by using it as a body wash. cant believe galderma would make n sell sucha product.

on 7/6/2004 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on a trip, forgot to pack my Paula's Choice cleanser, and had to buy a drugstore cleanser to get through the weekend. This cleanser is okay. It does wash off the makeup, and does not overdry my combination skin. However, the shampooey smell is overwhelming, and makes the experience of face-washing slightly unpleasant. So I will keep this around for emergencies, or for washing out some of my brushes, but I still prefer these cleansers: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and Eucerin Gentle Hydrating.

on 7/6/2004 6:12:00 PM

Normally, these "gentle" cleansers don't remove makeup well enough for me (and I have to wash twice), but this really does the trick without overdrying; I'm impressed! The pump dispenser is great, and the price is certainly right. The only drawback is that this stuff is quite heavily scented -- I like the scent, but this is surprising for a company that's promoted as being beneficial for those with sensitive skin. UPDATE: After using this consistently for a week, my skin is really dry & irritated enough to keep me up at night... I'm turning this bottle into laundry detergent.

on 6/30/2004 5:59:00 PM

This is my basic standby cleanser. Gentle yet effective, low foaming cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin. Need to wash twice in order to wash off all makeup. Easy to find and decently priced. Love the pump (I hate fiddling with caps).

on 6/30/2004 4:41:00 PM

I did not like this product. I had accidentally bought it, thinking it was the normal Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It was tremendously overdrying, and I have combination skin. It made my skin somewhat flaky and feel really tight. I would definitely not buy this product again.

on 6/25/2004 10:28:00 PM

I liked this cleanser at first because it was gentle and removed makeup. But every time I use it, I break out horribly. I've realized that it doesn't cleanse my skin very well, so, that is what caused problems.

on 6/25/2004 12:08:00 PM

This stuff was good for my extremely oily skin in the summer, but in the winter it is just WAAAY to drying. And dry, flaky skin is very odd on me any time of year. Of course after an hour or so my skin is oily again, but I just can't stand it for the hour immediately following cleansing. It is tight, dry, and itchy and looks flaky in the mirror. I also don't like how it doesn't foam at all. I really like my cleanser to foam because at least I feel like it cleans something. I gave it a 3 to be nice because it is okay for my skin in the summer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials