April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I neither hate nor love this stuff. My only gripe is that I never feel as if it has rinsed completely off my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jessca06

this was way too drying for my skin and my face is very oily. i didn't like it at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by queenV

This is one of my staple summer cleansers. It removes all traces of makeup & oil without overdrying, and doesn't cause irritations or breakouts. The only thing I'm not too keen about is the smell, but I'm getting used to it. It smells like patchouli incense, which is too strong for my taste.
UPDATE: Because of the smell, I now use either the Clean & Clear cleanser for sensitive skin or Beauty Without Cruelty 3% AHA cleanser. Both leave my face clean & soft, and have very light, but pleasant scents.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2004 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am madly inlove with this cleanser! This is the first cleanser I've used that was liquid rather than cloths. It removes all my makeup and my skin has never looked better! I LOVE IT! EDIT: I knew it was too good to be true. After a couple of months of using this, it became way too drying and didn't thoroughly clean my skin. Oh well, maybe I'll try Purpose. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kristenb

LOVE this-its my staple. i use it twice a day and my oily, acne-prone skin has never been softer. everything else dries me out and stings. this is perfect, recommended by my derm. wont cure your acne, but it is part of the recommended daily maintenance of acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2004 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LoveMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE the pump bottle, I love the consistency, and I love the way my skin has evolved since I've started using this cleanser. I've replaced my old holy grail Dior iOD with this. It's cheap and very readily available, in fact the only reason I tried it is because I went on a trip and my iOD exploded in my suitcase and I only had access to a Walgreen's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this upon the recommendation of my dermatologist, along with the Cetaphil Bar. I'd told her that the regular Cetaphil wasn't enough for my oily skin. Unfortunately, this cleanser burned as soon as I put it on my face and left my face dry and tight. The smell is very strong too. I just haven't had much luck with the Cetaphil line of products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 10:16:00 AM More reviews by efrey14

So far I love this cleanser! I just switched from Clinique's gel wash (it dried my skin too much!) and I am surprised and pleased. For 6.99, you get eight full ounces of mild, almost scentless, cleanser that removed all of my makeup and left me moisturized instead of dry. I have combo skin and have battle acne since a teenager, and this was recommended by my derm. So good luck ladies, it's worth the try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by saloftin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I like this but I will update later as it sometimes takes a few weeks for me to decide whether something is going to work for me. This removed all of my make-up quite easily, so I'm not sure why it doesn't for some people. It has a very mild smell so it shouldn't bother most people. I have dry skin and even though this is for normal to oily skin it hasn't dried me out. I like to use it because I use jojoba oil and if I get something that is a little more drying it helps to suck up the jojoba oil into my pores better so I'm not so greasy before I apply make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by fishnet

I use this for night, because it gets rid of makeup as well. (I use the mild one in the morning). I like that it really cleans my skin without drying. The only thing I am not crazy about is the smell. Very artificial.