July 28, 2014 | 973 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2003 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sydklg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation, but I have to disagree with the reviews saying that it is sheer. I am used to really sheer foundations like Traceless and Becca's LSC - this is definitely heavier than that. Also, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me - it seemed to accentuate any dryness that I had, even though I used moisturizer first. I would use this for special occasions because it does leave a flawless smooth finish, but definitely not for a "no-makeup" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

Wow, i can't believe i'm the 60th person to review this foundation. Bless Saks for being generous about samples of this. And why wouldn't they, it's a great foundation, they're bound to hook a great many people. I have combo, uneven skin w/ noticably large pores. Doesn't sound too pretty huh. Well it ain't. It's my skin curse and it makes me a foundation ho. I have to have silicone in my foundation. This one's got it. However, i usually like a little more coverage. I'd say this is sheer. On the other hand, it has such a great sink in quality that i am drawn to it from time to time for a more natural look. I use #6 which is the oddest colour on the planet. THat's good news, so am i. It's practically green. Awesome. STill, my combo skin might not work well w/ this and the foundation turns a little greasy now and then. I will wear it on dry days. Great for drier gals. I give it a 4. No wait, lemme give it a 5, it truly is an exceptional product. I live Versace's Better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2003 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kismis

I love this product! It didn't break my sensitive skin out (though I've heard this can break people out!) and is easy to apply and blend, giving you a smooth finish. It comes in a hygenic, easy-to-use pump bottle and I find one little pump is slightly more than enough especially cos' it gives medium coverage but yet it does not ever look mask-like. No SPF or specific oil-control in this product. It doesn't make me too oily/shiny though but I do use a good oil-control loose powder, maybe that is why. Some may also find that the regulating the pump can sometimes mess up around the nozzle but minor issue to me, given how this foundation works for me!
This foundation gives me a natural, clean, my-skin-but-better look, helping me achieve a flawless complexion that is smooth and velvety to look and touch. Excellent coverage that doesn't look cakey or mask-like, so natural and flawless! As many thumbs up on this as possible! :)
ETA: I bought 6 at first but it turned to be waaay too yellow/ashy looking on me. I'm 5.5 now! 5 is a bit too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cherie_sydney

Very easy to blend, stays on well, nice packaging, what more can I say, this product is amazing and highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 7:55:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

One of my favourites. Fantastic finish. Leaves skin with an immaculate, delicate and pretty appearance. Wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Cloie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried everything out there. I had Saks SF send me samples, and #4 was an exact match. nice and neutral, not too pink or too yellow. It has an amazing, smooth texture, blends like a dream, and feels like nothing on. It is the ultimate your skin but better foundation. I have normal skin, occasional dryness, very occasional breakouts, often sensitive skin and this has caused no problems-feels better on than any other foundation - may not be suitable for those with oily skin-better if you tend towards dryness. Even Paula Begoun (www.cosmeticscop.com)
gave a rave review of this -check out the excerpts from her 6th edition of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" This is a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by m3dinah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this is my new HG! I called and ordered some samples from Saks NYC and was sent samples of #2, #3,#4, and #5. # 4 turned out to be the best match. I vary between a MAC NC30 (summer) and NC20 (winter). #4 was actually a bit light, so when I ordered, I got #4, and #5.5 (#5 was a bit too orangy). I mix the two depending on my current coloring (I try to keep a bit of a self-tan on).

Wear is terrific. I have combo/oily/acne prone skin that is starting to look its age (38). This imparts a nice luminescence that isn't dewy...more like matte with a bit of a glow. I'll put it on, sometimes over Smashbox primer, and it lasts all day without sinking into my pores. Rave!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by suzy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I have ever used and I've tried a ton! I have repurchased this three times since I've discovered it and I don't ever even think about trying a new foundation. I'm glad it doesn't have spf since I'm really sensitive so I hope they don't change the formula. I love it mostly for the nice yellow based color that matches my skin perfectly and the natural look that it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2002 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ChillPPP

I tried this in the shade #2. I normally have clear normal to dry skin but this product broke me out terribly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this foundation. I haven't broken out once in the week and a half I have been using it and, wonder of wonders, the #3 shade matches my skin color exactly. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on very nicely without the compromise of turning greasy on the face after 10 minutes. A terrific foundation overall, I might even call it my favourite. ***EDITED TO SAY*** I've been using this foundation for a month now and all I can add to my previous review is that if possible, I love the LSF even more. I used to apply foundation and spend nearly 10 minutes trying to get it to look natural. Now, I just put some on and go... completely secure that I look flawless.