Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 2/20/2004 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not my HG foundation, but a wonderful one, nonetheless. The coverage is medium - slightly heavier than I like for everyday, so I tend to wear this when I'm doing more of a "full-face" look - as opposed to my minimalist everyday face. It does make my skin glow, and it covers just enough to even things and still look natural. My only gripe is that I tend to get very shiny within a few hours. Nothing a blot paper can't handle, but this is definitely a cool weather foundation for me; in summertime I'd be an oil slick within an hour!

on 2/14/2004 12:44:00 PM

So much buzz around this product. Went to GA counter at Saks and MUA tried #1 on me. From a distance it looked fine. Up close it was horrible. Dry pataches and flakes were appearing out of nowhere and it didn't seem to "stick" to some parts of my face. Disappointed, left, didn't purchase. Moisturized like crazy for 3 days, went back to counter wearing moisturizer AND primer. Same thing again! Try GA MSF instead. Also, anyone notice the weird smell....?

on 2/12/2004 3:57:00 PM

I wanted desperately to love this foundation due to the overwhelming reviews and praise it received but it just doesn't work well for me. As a faithful user of Becca Cosmetics foundations, I find that this is just too heavy for me. The coverage is actually medium (depending upon your application of it) and airy but I like to see my freckles through my foundation. I look to enhance my skin, not cover it up. This is an extremely high quality foundation, better than most that I have tried, but it doesn't meet my preferences. I'm sure this foundation would be wonderful when I get older, but for now, I will stick with Becca.

on 2/10/2004 5:56:00 PM

Only based on MUA reviews, did I seek out this foundation. I had been looking for a foundation that had decent coverage, but wouldnt look caked on. I love this - makes my skin look smooth and covers just enough so i dont look "masky". Also, the color is a perfect match for me. #5. no breakouts - i have combo skin - and the wear is pretty long lasting. i had used channel matte foundation and thought that was good, this is 150% better. def worth it.

on 2/10/2004 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation, the texture is great, light and airy, easy to blend but it highlights my dry patches and refuses to melt into my skin, just sort of sits on top of it making I look more made-up than I intended to be. The LSF didn't make my skin 'luminous' at all! Alas, the quest of the perfect foundation continues.

on 2/7/2004 3:22:00 PM

This is a new review replacing my earlier one. When I bought this I was very impressed, even to the extent that I bought another shade when my skin colour changed a bit. Now I'm no longer such a fan. PLUSES: the shades (4 and 5) are very yellow based which is just what I need. It covers redness fairly well. It gives a nice 'soft-lit' effect which is very attractive from a slight distance. Finish is satiny but not oily. MINUSES: It doesn't really meld into the skin as well as I would like, and often looks like it 'sits' on the skin if you look up close. Emphasises any flakes or uneven skin. Stinks.

Verdict: This foundation only looks good on skin that is completely smooth - no pores, no flakes. Then, and only then, it is a great foundation that evens colour really well. But my skin isn't like that unfortunately. It often goes on unevenly and looks obvious, also it can "disappear" into the skin during the day. Finally, I cannot stomach the smell, it's like latex paint! I prefer Laura Mercier, that one instead of demanding good skin, GIVES me good skin everyday!

on 2/7/2004 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My new HG foundation. 5.5 is a perfect match for my self tanned NC 30 complexion. This stuff goes on like silk, so light and sheer but great coverage. Makes my mature skin look as good as possible. Put it on in the morning, set it with the loose powder and didn't have to touch it up all day. That is rare for my combination/oily skin. The reflective quality of this did not exagerate my fine lines or large pores at all. On the contrary it made then disappear. When I run out I will order it again from the Las Vegas store in the Bellagio Hotel.

on 1/22/2004 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I use the #1 shade and its the perfect match for my pale skin. It stays on all day, doesn't cause any breakouts, and makes my skin glow! Will buy again.

This is a great foundation, which I wanted to love so badly....but it just doesn't work for me. First its high points: the color spectrum is beautiful and this is the first line in which I've ever found a perfect match. The pump bottle is practical, hygienic and pretty. But the LSF itself is a bit schizophrenic - it can't seem to decide if it wants to be silky or powdery. When it goes on, it feels light and airy and seems like it will stay that way, but then it transforms into a different finish which hangs onto every dry patch and settles into lines. If it would only stay dewy and moist on me, I would have happily stopped my search for the perfect foundation, but alas, this isn't it. (I should add that in addition to an actual color in the LSF (#2) that I was reviewing above, I also use the #0, a white shade. This I'd review in a different manner and I'd give it high marks. Because I only use a tiny dab of it as a color corrector for other too-dark foundations, the overall texture isn't an issue and it works great. It's awfully expensive just to use in this way though, and since I only use a tiny amount at a time, it'll probably go bad long before I have a chance to use it up. Wish other companies would make a product like this as well!)

on 1/18/2004 7:15:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. It is a wonderful textured,lightweight creamy liquid. It kind of sat on my rather large pores and didn't really "meld" into my skin the way I had hoped it would. For you gals with finer pores,it's great-but for me, just not a big winner.I have combo skin-in summer,oily and in winter dry-always with that T zone thing going on!Color I got was #3 which is very nice, though a bit yellow even for sallow old me!
Not bad, but not my HG at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials