Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 11/5/2003 8:21:00 PM

This product won me over immediately. I'm a very low-maintenance kind of gal when it comes to my nails; I just keep them neatly trimmed and clean, but my cuticles have always had a tendency to be very dry and unmanageable, even with lotions. Anyway, I used this product in the morning and totally forgot about it, then happened to notice my hands later in the day, because they looked amazing! From that point forward, I've always kept a tin in my purse so that it's always with me. I have no problems at all with the tin, and the natural lemon scent is really refreshing.

on 11/3/2003 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow this is awesome...my cuticles arent too bad but they look awesome after this! It smells yummy...like creamy lemon. Not a bad price either and it lasts forever! Awesome product, will buy again

on 10/29/2003 7:06:00 AM

I have purchased this twice. Why? I think only b/c it smells great and makes me think of lemon curd. Not an elegant formulation and doesn't absorb quickly. I am not convinced that it does much. Aquaphor or Vaseline would probably work better. I am unsure if I will buy again.

on 10/23/2003 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees products, and this is no exception. I recently decided that I needed fake nails to make my hands look prettier. I'm always biting the skin around the nail, and my cuticles look like they went through a shredder. The fake nails just exaggerated the horror. It was painful to look at my hands. I had the nails removed and tried the cuticle oil recommended by my nail lady.

Do I really need to tell you that it didn't work AT ALL? Then I remembered a little tin of Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream sitting lonely and dusty on my bathroom shelf. Within in ONE week of using two to three times daily my cuticles are gone, my hangnails are almost non-existent (which means I no longer gnaw at my fingers like a crazed cannibal), and my nails are actually stronger than before I had the nails put on in the first place. I have not noticed a greasy feeling at all; the cream is absorbed easily, and what is left over on my fingertip after rubbing it into my cuticles I use as a lip balm.

Bottom Line: buy this product now. you won't be sorry.

on 10/18/2003 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this, but I probably won't buy it again. I like the lemon smell and that's about it. The packaging itself looks cute, but not functional at all. Unlike other reviewers, this doesn't make my cuticles soft at all. For me, applying olive oil before going to bed works much better. I use Q-tip and apply it on my nails and cuticles. It keeps them moisturized and shiny. Try this trick for yourself!

on 10/3/2003 7:00:00 PM

I love this stuff! My cuticles are nasty and horribly damaged, and this makes them so soft and smells so good! It's a bit pricey for the teeny bit you get, but worth it!

on 9/30/2003 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

love it! my cuticles are back to resembling a healthy look. plus it's keeping the once dry skin around my nails nice and soft. Sure, the lid to the tin could have a better design - just twist it softly and it'll come right off.

I love this stuff! Makes my cuticles super soft, and the smell is mouth-watering. Nice texture, and the tin is so cute.

on 9/20/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh, isn't this the nicest stuff? Smells divinely lemony, very moisturizing, although just borderline greasy so it's best applied after you've done all your nighttime cleansing/contact removal tasks and then go to bed and let it do its job. Can't beat the price, either.

on 9/15/2003 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, like a lemon drop. It works great and I use it a lot in the winter. It keeps me from picking at the dry skin around my nails.

Popular Treatments