December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2003 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Kateyez37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all of Burt's Bees products, and this is not an exception. I am not a person who polishes my nails, and generally just file them down on occasion, so I bought this just to make them look more presentable.

I have to say I've never had a problem opening up the tin, maybe they made it more user friendly (?) Anyway, the lemon fragrance is similar to their Lemon Body/Bath Oil which I also have and use after my shower. I'll use the cuticle cream several times a day, and it is greasy, but absorbs quickly and leaves my normally horrible looking nails and cuticles (I always have hangnails and have a bad habit of biting the skin on the side of my nails) soft and much more healthy.

I've also taken the suggestions given here and use it on my toenails (which I polish regularly and get pedicures because I wear sandals quite a bit) and the cuticle cream makes my toenails look so soft. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone (even guys).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MargoAlex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this after experiencing my first harsh winter of city living without a car (Waiting outside for lots of trains, cabs and buses)and it soon became a necessity to keep in my purse and in my desk at work. However, after putting it in storage for the summer, I soon found that it helped in keeping those pretty, polished toes looking their best in sandals. Just dab a bit on your cuticles around your toenails and any dry patches that you view on your toes and "VOILA" instant fix! I must also mention the delicious scent: lemon is dominant but it reminds me more of poundcake--one of my childhood feelgood foods.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2003 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kfrench

Wow. Been using this stuff for years. Always makes cuticles look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rahsfut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is great if you have dried cuticles that tend to peel up like I do. I work with my hands a lot, and manicures aren't in my budget, but with this cream I can keep my hands looking good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Joseybird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely stuff, great smell and texture. Tin is IMPOSSIBlE to open with wet/damp hands and heaven forbid you have a manicure!! lol But as for the actual product, my only complaint is that it doesn't moisturize for very long

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Katty

I love this product! I bought it last summer before I went away to Europe and I still have 3/4 of the tin left. It really moisturizes well and the scent is awakening! The tin is sometimes a little hard to open but I can overcome that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite Burt's Bees products so far. It moisturizes my cuticles well and smells so fresh and lemony.

Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopherol Acetate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by asia72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the product but I always have difficulty prying open the tin! Wonderful lemon smell and very moisturizing. Packaging needs to be improved... how about a twist cap?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by May_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this stuff in a sample kit, & I actually do like it, I just couldn't see getting it again. The packaging is okay, but could be more user friendly. My husband really loves lemon, so he likes if I wear it, but I'll only wear it to bed because it's pretty slick. I wear it under cotton gloves at night, which is pretty effective, it just seems superfluous when a thick cream could suffice for hands & feet. Maybe I'd be more into it if I was more into my nails!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by MeredithP1

I love Burt's Bee's products, but this one isn't worth the trouble it takes to open the tin. I've broken too many nails opening it. I found that this was too greasy for my hands but I did end up liking it on my toes...I would slather the greasy mess on really thick and then put on a sock and let it sit all night and it did really soften. If you do buy this product, leave the tin open, wrap the top with plastic, and then store tightly in a zip-lock or plastic baggy. The reviewers below who describe the scent as being similar to Pledge hit the nail on the head. I don't mind the scent of Pledge..when I'm cleaning! But when I'm pampering myself, I prefer something more girly.