August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by amyc016

I only used this once, had good coverage but in the few days after I used it i broke out in the areas I applied it. Don't know if it was coincidence or from the BB cream? Will stick to my Almay foundation..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS IS NOT A PROPER BB CREAM!! for anyone who hasn't used a bb cream before or if this is their very first bb cream they've ever bought, you need to know that this does NOT do what a good bb cream should.
I got some of the free samples they're giving away online (which did arrive quite quickly), if i'd have bought this I would have wasted my money.
What a BB cream should do in the short run:
- Even the skin tone, hide redness and blur any imperfections
- blur any fine lines
- give a nice dewy glow
- have a good SPF (at least 15)
- diminish dark eye circles
- hydrate skin all day
- leave skin feeling soft and not greasy
(even if you've got a bad breakout of spots, after applying the cream you should have little to no-need of a concealer).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the long term it should:
- improve and even your natural skin tone
- help heal any spots, and reduce breakouts
- and just generally improve all-round skin health
This cream does NONE of these things at all, it's only redeeming features are that it does hydrate skin all day, has non-oily formula and has SPF 30 (but at 1.15% titanium dioxidide, i doubt this will provide good UVA/UVB protection). At best it's a glorified tinted moisturiser!
trust me there are far more superior bb creams out there for just a couple of quid more.

10 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by carsandparties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this on a whim to cover the blemishes I've been getting lately and absolutely love it. The coverage is buildable and blends really nicely. When I first got it out of the tube, it looked way too dark/orange for my fair skin, but once I put it on, it blended beautifully. I don't even have to use concealer to cover my blemishes, just dab a little bit on and blend with my fingers. It has a sort of dewy finish, so if that's not your thing, you might want to find something else. I just put powder over it and it stays nicely all day for a more matte finish. Also, it hasn't broken me out further, and I have really sensitive, acne-prone skin. It's good for making my skin look nice and fresh without being overdone. I've never tried a "real" BB cream, but this works well enough for my uses and is a lot easier/cheaper to come by. I'm not entirely sure it does all of the stuff it claims on the bottle, but for a decent foundation with a little bit of moisture and an SPF without breakouts, this works great. Definitely give this one a shot.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lauraeve

I really like this BB cream and I think it's the best one I've tried so far. It's less heavy than my Garnier and 17 ones and just seems to suit my rather oily skin better. I was worried that even the light shade would be too orange but it's not at all and looks really natural. It's also easy to blend and offers sheer but decent coverage. I set this with some powder and it lasts a good few hours before I have to powder again. I've only used sample sachets so far but I'm definately going to be buying the full sized version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cpyles81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is perfect! Gives you the dewy glow you see on models in magazines with no obnoxious flecks of sparkle. I have super sensitive skin and this stuff has yet to break me out. It lasts all day despite being very moisturizing, (most tinted moisturizers look like butter, feel sticky and wear right off!) Works best if you have fairly clear skin, I wouldn't recommend if you need a lot of coverage. I buff powder bronzer under it and dab cream blush on top. You can't beat this for the price. I am so happy with my purchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cream, and here's why:

First, as my skin gets older, makeup looks more and more awful on it -- looks cakey, accentuates fine lines, sits in the pores, etc. Makeup that used to work for me 6 years ago doesn't anymore. So it's really important to me to have a makeup to cover while still looking natural like good skin, but very hard to find a product that achieves that on my dry-ish skin.

This Maybelline BB cream has a very smooth texture. Looks very orange when squirted out of the tube, but it transforms really well to my skin tone when applied. It makes my skin look healthy, and like skin. It has absolutely NO look of makeup, cakey-ness, or look like anything is sitting on the skin. Beautiful.

I am fair and veer to the cool side, and the lightest color in this BB cream looks great. I also tested the next color in the store, and also put it on my hand, and it seemed to transform a bit too, which attests that it must adjust a bit. But I bought the lightest one.

It is not a matte look nor is it an over-dewy look like some makeups. It just has that look of really healthy hydrated skin. If you have very oily skin, you may need to blot during the day or wear a sheer powder over top. For my dry skin, this is all I need. I do have some slight red spots (old scars) and this doesn't totally cover them, but I will say even full coverage makeup hasn't always either. This does make the skin more even-looking, so even if the spots are slightly there, it still looks good.

I should add that I'm not using this BB cream for any skin benefits.I have other products for that. Its purpose for me is a makeup that doesn't look like makeup on my skin, and this fits the bill perfectly. This BB cream does not irritate my sensitive skin or bring up those little irritation bumps. I do not break out from it either. In contrast, others have made my face itch. This does not.

The other thing I really love about this is that it does NOT have parabens and the ingredients are much better than some of the more toxic ones out there. It also has a sunscreen. I have not used Asian ones to compare, but some of those do have parabens and other suspect chemicals.

The final thing is that I do use copper peptides which is contraindicated with zinc, so I can only use the peptides at night (not wearing makeup) because most makeups contain zinc. This BB cream does NOT have zinc in it. This means I can use the copper peptides during the day along with this BB cream, whereas I could not if I used other makeup or creams containing zinc.

EDIT: Another thing I found good about this one is that on days where you really want even more coverage but your mainstay makeup is just too cakey, mix a little of it with this BB cream. For me, it took away the cakiness of the regular makeup and gave it the natural look that this BB cream has, meaning no cake, no crepey texture, no accenting of lines, etc. :) Disclaimer: I'm no chemist so I wouldn't know if any chemical clashes could occur when mixing formulas. Any time I've done it though was OK.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! The only down fall is that it looks a little oily throughout the day. I didnt have to reapply but would definitely set it with a powder. I used Covergirl translucent honey or MSFN in dark. Will def buy again, great for summer and no makeup makeup days.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

Horrible ingredient list. How is 1.15% titanium dioxidide going to provide you SPF 30? I don't see how this could possible benefit the skin. I hate American BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit to not knowing much about BBs or anything. I saw this advertised, and it seemed like just the thing I was looking for. I don't need really heavy foundation, but I do need a BIT more than just a tinted moisturizer. This is perfect for me. It doesn't break me out -- which most makeup tends to do -- and I absolutely love the way it makes my skin look. I don't really think it looks like you're wearing makeup at all -- just kind of evens things out and gives you a nice, fresh glow. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by RSKomes

I've been using this product for about a month now and have been very pleased.

With the steamy weather, I couldn't wear foundation and a mineral powder on its own wasn't giving me the coverage I needed. I like this BB for several reasons, it's light, tinted, contains an SPF of 30, moisturises and doesn't cause breakouts - uber important for me since I tend to have a reaction to almost everything, especially anything with a sunscreen in it.

Since it's a primer and moisturiser, I can easily transition this into my winter make up regime and would definitely buy this product again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No