November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I had tried the Boscia BB cream over the winter and really liked it. But I was trying to save some dollars, and decided to give this one a try for the summer.

Overall, I was very pleased. It's not heavy, and left my skin looking pretty even overall (I have rosacea, freckles, and large pores), which was nice, particulary in the humid summer weather. I don't know that it "improved" my skin, but it felt nice and I was pretty happy with it. I think it is definitely OK, but I'm not 100% sure I would go out of my way to buy it. I think I'd like to try some others before making a final decision.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupluvr22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After hearing such great things about bb creams, i decided to go ahead and try the maybelline one. First of all, i have very pale skin, so even the lightest shade was too dark for me. It made me look kind of orange, so i wouldnt recomend this if you have pale skin. Secondly, it doesnt really do what it claims to do. After i put it on, my skin basically looks the same. I got it mainly to even out my skin tone, but it doesnt even do that. It is very sheer, so if your looking for any coverage this probably isnt going to work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by emor5991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through 3 tubes of this, I really like it! I have pretty good skin to begin with, but this evens it out and makes it look really smooth. I always set it with a powder, because it's a little too shiny on it's own for my liking. The lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. I love that it has SPF 30 as I am fair and burn easily. Like it says on the package, it's a "light sheer tint", so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who needs coverage, but for people who just want something to enhance their natural skin, this works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
SPF 30
Natural/Dewy finish
Easy to apply
Light-weight
0% oil
Natural glow
Lasts for a pretty long time

Cons:
Tends to get very oily in humid/hot weather
Wish it had more skin benefits like the Asian BB creams.

I really like this product. It's very easy to apply and gives a natural coverage; if you're looking for a medium to full coverage, I suggest you look elsewhere. The color variation is pretty good, but it tends to get very oily throughout the day in humid/hot weather. I also wish this was more like the Asian BB creams, who have many skin benefits. All in all this is basically a tinted moisturizer with added coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Totally broke me out. Strange large hive-like red bumps that would take half a week to settle down. Stopped using it, stopped happening. Sigh. Downgraded to a 3, because it did seem to be a lovely product. I'll miss it.

Yeah, even though this is my first BB, I have to say I'm rather impressed. The coverage is extremely sheer, but it is a really nice complete effect and holds blush well. Even though I'm more olive toned than the colour I bought, it still blended in to my satisfaction. Lasted all day, too. Didn't get dry or greasy, very moisturizing, though oil free. Feels cooling and gel-like, and as a plus it was double-safety-sealed. SPF 30? Brilliant. And didn't break me out.

Bought at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for 9.99.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Overall, this BB cream is a good investment for someone looking for very sheer coverage and something that has SPF in it. In the summertime, BB creams are perfect! Too bad I just discovered this one now. I usually will apply this over my primer then go in with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation since I need that extra coverage on my cheeks. It works very well at layering under a foundation, and does not get cakey. The consistency is super cooling and almost gel like? It does not feel like a foundation when you apply it, it feels more like a moisturizer or sunscreen. If you are looking for a lightweight coverage for your skin and you don't have too many problematic areas, I would recommend you try this. Even if you do have some trouble areas, try putting this on first and going over your stubborn areas with a foundation or concealer..you might just like the results! I know I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this about a week ago and have used it everyday since. I love that it comes in wide variety of shades. That said the coverage is much sheerer than the garnier bb cream and its much shiner. I've found that I have to let it dry for about 10 minutes then put on a translucent powder and then I have to keep it with me as I need to reapply once or twice throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with oily skin or acne prone skin, but if you have dry or normal skin this can work wonders for you. I definitely notice a difference in the brightness of my complexion but I have some very small red patches and this does not cover them. I give it 4 out of 5 because its just a little bit too sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kaylalovexoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first BB cream and so far I am loving it! I have the shade light-medium and although it does not provide too much coverage, I find it evens out my skin tone and reduces the look of my freckles. I do use a powder afterward to set it but overall it moisturizes my skin well and feels light on my skin so it is a perfect substitute for foundation! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It did not provide any coverage at all, although as a sunscreen I have to say it did work. I have rosacea, and if I go without a foundation or sunscreen, people notice and remark how "red" my face looks. If all you need is a 30 spf sunscreen, this could be an inexpensive option. But it also seemed to make my face more prone to breaking out, so sensitive skin types may want to steer clear of it. I had high hopes, but a regular foundation seems to be better for me. . .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must admit I succumbed to the BB hype. When it all started I wasnít really interested because I donít have perfect skin, I need coverage so I didnít really see the point in buying a product which I knew wouldnít deliver what I need.

But as I was browsing through the drugstore my eyes landed on this one I just couldnít resist the packaging so cute, fresh and girlie (yes Iím a sucker for marketing, sue me ;)) and I just couldnít leave it there all alone and sad, I knew I could give it a warm loving home.

Now comes the verdict, does it deserve a place in my daily routine and what about the claims it has. Because letís face it, BB creams do promise a lot (anything more and theyíll say they also do the dishes).

First of all it comes in a very hygienic tube, it contains 30 ml of product and has a light runny consistency. I have the shade light, which at first looks very pink but once blended has a nice natural colour without making the face pink or orange.
It promises 8 things:

1. To give a natural glow Ė That it certainly does, after applying it dries up after a minute or two but I got a gorgeous healthy glow throughout the day Ė no need for highlighter.
2. Compliments skin-tone Ė It blended nicely on my skin and didnít give me any weird colour.
3. UV protection spf 30 Ė Always good to have that in your day products, but letís not forget itís not as powerfull as a spf 30 sunscreen but for day to day perfect.
4. Hydrates all day Ė I have oily skin so for me this is perfect, if you have normal or dry skin youíll need a regular moisturizer underneath it.
5. Blurs imperfections Ė Well I have a lot of those and I can still see all of them. It just evens out your skin a bit but redness or acne scaring or hyper pigmentation will still be very much visible I can't seem to really built it up (or maybe it's just me, let me know). Just use some concealer on it.
6. Oil-free Ė Itís absolutely great for oily skin, doesnít feel heavy nor greasy and doesnít make you greasy either. It will not keep the oiliness at bay but it wonít give you any extra. And it didnít break me out.
7. Looks visibly smooth Ė it blends perfectly in my skin I canít even see it.
8. Feels fresh Ė at first yes once it has dried up you wonít even remember you have something on.

Now my verdict, I love how it just gives the most beautiful glow and saves me the hassle of foundation in the morning (I just apply this with my fingers like a moisturizer) but I need more coverage.

This is absolutely perfect for those lucky ones with perfect skin or without big concerns, also for young people who donít need any heavy coverage/foundations.

I will use it up but I donít think Iíll try any more BB creams, there just is more work to my face than a BB can fix.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No