April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lreiley

When the buzz began about BB creams, I ordered several samples of Korean creams from Ebay. Even after ordering the deepest colors available, all were far to light. Maybelline's medium/deep bb cream evens out my summer complexion and adds a wonderful glow. I'll be stocking up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ermahgerdmahkerperler

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Absolutely not a BB cream, but a really good tinted moisturizer! I actually really like it, even though it didn't live up to my expectations as a BB cream, it evened my skin tone read nice, had a good consistency (wasn't oily nor watery) and made my skin just look nice.
That being said, it STINKS! It smells like rotten olives (others have said pet food, and I can understand) and it comes in a TINY bottle. I also found that I needed a fair bit of product to get the nice skin I was aiming for.
So although I liked this "BB cream", I wouldn't by it again because I know there is better stuff out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by krazyskittles5

This is ok. It's not as moisturizing as any of the other BB creams i have try'ed.This also doesn't have very good coverage. I do, appreciate the SPF 30 aspect of it.I have the light-medium skintone and honestly it is suppost to blur imperfections and adjust to skintone... when it adjusts to skintone it is basically invisable! I will not buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by redangel21

I was actually not expecting to be overly impressed by this product. I bought it for a cheap summer coverage, but I actually really like it!
I have a very uneven skin tone, and this almost completely evens it out.
However, the main thing that has impressed me is the condition of my skin! This has done a great job of hydrating my skin and it seems so much smoother and healthy. I feel good putting this on my skin.
The cons would be
a) the smell, this might sound weird but it smells to me like my pet's food. But the smell goes away pretty fast.
b) The container broke on the second day.

I also LOVE how it has spf 30, because that's so important in the summertime.
Overall, im impressed :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by dartag

i love this bb cream. it's amazing and for bb cream, hava a good coverage.
LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

This is ok. Out of all the BB creams I own, this is my least favorite. It's not as moisturizing as any of the others I own, which all happen to be drugstore brands. This also doesn't have very good coverage. I do, however, appreciate the SPF 30 aspect of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I brought this in the lightest shade in a rush when I wanted to buy a tinted BB cream for the summer. I'm normally 51 in healthy mix foundation so I thought this would be similar but more sheer. After about 5 minutes it oxidized pretty dark and orange the coverage was very sheer pretty much like a moisturizer with an orange sheen. Made my skin look very oily and also irritated my cystic acne on my cheeks. Will definitely not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kriselise84

I was excited to jump on the new BB cream craze, but this def. was not the cream to do it with. I buy both expensive (love lancome) and cheap (Revlon and Loreal) and this seemed to be a great deal...8 IN 1! Well I have about 8 problems with it. I only wore it one day and am taking it right back where i found it! When I first put it on I thought...heavy feel, greasy oil slick, highlights imperfections, non-natural tone, doesn't blend well with powder and concealer, why...just why?! And..through all of that..I have about five new pimples after wearing it for 8 hrs....nice try Maybeline, but no cigar.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Ammba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first impression was disappointing. I was left with shiny T-zone and no matte effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

BB Cream?....eh, no. Very good tinted moisturizer.....yes!

***EDIT 6/2/13***
So after trying a few different brands of BB Cream I still stand by my Maybelline and Smashbox BB Creams. I found that I could get away with the Med/Deep during the winter, but Dark is perfect now that I've gotten some sun. Yes, you do have to shake the tube before applying, but you don't need a ton to get a smooth look. I top it with Ben Nye powder and only have to blot a couple times during a hot, humid day.
***EDIT 6/2/13***

The color (dark) and consistency work very well for those days that you want a very natural, yet pulled-together look.

If you add concealer you will end up with a smoother result. This cream doesn't completely hide any dark spots or circles, but makes them look less prominent on the face.

A light dusting of powder over your slick spots is all you need to have a nice, lasting finish all day long (even in the heat and humidity!).

The price is very good, especially with sales and coupons. I've had no irritations or breakouts since I starting using this about 3 weeks ago.

So far, other than the very expensive Smashbox BB Cream, Maybelline is the only one who realizes that WOC are willing to shell out major money for the newest trend. Admirable job.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No