November 26, 2014 | 1871 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by chocolik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't live without these tubs. I first bought it as a summer body moisturizer (I have especially dry skin & eczema) because my tub of Eucerin is too heavy for summer. I use it on areas of my face when it's extremely dry and I haven't broken out or seen any greasy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jaimiegoesrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this stuff! This stuff works better than anything I've ever used. Better than Dove, better than Ponds, better than L'Oreal! It feels light and not greasy at all. It's perfect for my super dry and sensitive skin, and at 6$CAN for a decent-sized squeeze tube, I will DEFINITELY be buying again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by tygerlily005

Although I said I would buy this product again, I doubt I will have to because the massive tub seems to last FOREVER. This is the only moisturizer that seems to help my dry, flaky winter skin. Use just a little bit, because more than that will give you the greasies. I imagine it would be too heavy to use during summer, but for now this is just what my skin needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by mariefm

If you're looking for a no-frills moisturizer then this is it. It is soothing, hydrating and it does not break me out. You can use as much or as little as you need. I use this when my skin is dry and irritated as well as when my skin is combination and it work both times. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combo-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin--truly a mess. But this is one of the only creams that both moisturizes effectively and DOESN'T break me out. I lightly rub this into my skin overnight and I wake up with the softest, smoothest skin ever. I am in love with this product, and the price is unbelievable for the enormous jar you get. An absolute skincare HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by msjdahn

I have very dry/oily ance prone sensitive skin. so pretty much EVERYTHING irritates my poor face. i'v been dying all winter looking for a moisterizer that won't sting and end up making my face feel horrid and dry and super flaky! so i realized i needed something very gentle, very moisterizing, and most importantly: NOT FULL OF ExTRA CRAP!! have you noticed that almost EVERYTHING has some sort of chemcial in it for acne, wrinkles, etc and full of alcohol and acids? so painful for my face!

cetaphil is the only thing that doesn't make my face sting and itch like crazy. its VERY moisterizing, esp if you use it right after the shower/bath. i like to even use it like the cetaphil cleaner, a small glop of it in my hands, mix with water, rub gently on face, pat dry! i think its the best way to ensure that your face is getting hydrated (water) and the cetaphil is good at keeping in your skin.

it is very greasy looking though. so its great as an over-night moisterizer but i need to blot and use some sort of powder on my face to tone down the greasiness for the day. and another downside is that it comes in a large jar, which i don't think is the cleanest way to keep and use the lotion but oh well! i think its WORTH it if you have sensitive super dry skin!

PROS:
very moisterizing
great for overnight
can double as a gentle cleanser (use makeup remover first if you wear makeup)
does not make you break out (and i break out like mad all the time and this does not make me break out)
not full of irritating extras
lots of product for your money

CONS:
can be greasy looking (but either just use less, use powder, or blot with blotting paper)
not so great packaging (large jar instead of a pump-- make sure your hands are clean!)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 6:36:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gonna keep this simple...my HG body routine Dove Deep Moisture wash followed by Cetaphil Moisturizing cream.

Note: This cream is too moisturizing for my oily/combo face, but it is perfect for my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything Cetaphil and this is no exception. It works great as an all over body lotion but I specifically like to use it as an eye cream. Definitely recommend to anyone with very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2006 3:04:00 AM More reviews by PeachyLichee

I bought this stuff in the big tub.... and when I say big tub, I'm not exaggerating. I know this stuff will last me for a LONG time. For such a huge amount, the price range was around $11 to $12. I use this stuff at night before I go to sleep on my face after washing and cleaning, so I'm not too worried about whats on my hands or bacteria going onto my face. It's not about quantity, though, it's all about the quality of the product. It's a VERY moisturizing cream and at first, it might seem like it "sits" on your face... but give it a few minutes (perhaps 15-30 minutes) and it'll settle into your skin. This is why it might be tricky for combination or oily skinned people for daytime use-- it might increase your oil shine, which is something that I gripe about. As a night treatment, it's wonderful because when you wake up, your skin isn't oily. For me, it left my skin silky soft. There is no fragrance, no icky musky smell. I'd definitely repurchase if I ever run out because this cured my super itchy red skin from the cold winter. This will always be on my list because my face broke out from an unstable daytime moisturizer with spf, and this cream saved my skin within ONE day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for approximately three months, and I am very impressed with it. I must note that my skin is not really "mine" at the moment, as I'm on Accutane, and it's uncharacteristically dry now. However, I was using the regular Cetaphil lotion when I began to dry out from the medication and found that particular product to feel too greasy for my taste. Someone recommended the cream to me, and at first I didn't believe that it could be a better moisturizer, but it was! Immediately, I could tell that the cream seemed to be absorbed better into my skin than the lotion. Plus, this hasn't contributed to any breakouts (although that could be the Accutane doing its job), and my face never feels too oily. If my skin stays normal after I get off the medicine, and my previous levels of oiliness do not return, this lotion will definitely remain in my skincare regimen. I love it and use it twice daily (morning and night). Also, as others have mentioned, this is a great body lotion and exceptional for the eye area. I happened to buy it in the large tub, and it's a very economical size--one that will probably last me for at least a year, if not longer. The only thing that this lotion is missing is an SPF, which would be lovely right now as my skin is extremely sun sensitive due to the Accutane. As long as this cream continues to treat my face right, I'll keep buying it. EDIT: I have been using this awesome cream moisturizer for three years now, and it is still my absolute favorite. After discontinuing my Accutane treatment, I wasn't sure how my face would hold up. So far, even though it's not near as dry as it was during my course of treatment, it still loves the Cetaphil. In fact, if I don't moisturize with this, I wind up being flaky and dry through the day. Wonderful stuff!!