December 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by eternal_sunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG night time moisturizer. I am in my late 20's and needed a good no-frills night time moisturizer for my dry skin especially during the winter. I tried a lot of different drugstore brands as well as a few expensive brands that my dermatologist had recommended. This is the only one that hydrates my skin AND doesn't break me out. I love it! It really absorbs well into the skin and when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks refreshed. A tub cost me approx. $11 at the drugstore and so far it has lasted for over 9 months! I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff absolute HG !!i have oily skin that constantly has blemishes but sometimes i get dry patches plus it can be sensitive to products as well.i use this at night ,my skin feels soothed and hydrated with this rich cream plus does not clog my pores !! yay.great ,great stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my moisturiser for now on, no more going back to the supermarket brands that have strange ingredients that only dry up my skin even more. I have REALLY dry skin and after a month or 2 of using this I have seen a significant improvement in the elasticity and hydration of my skin. Can't live without this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by waterlilley

I have what I consider to be "normal" combo skin. A nice complextion overall, but my skin is somewhat sensitive.

I was excited to try this line due to the sensitive aspect of my skin--however, I found this cream to be EXTREMELY greasy. So much so, that people even noticed how shiny my face was looking. I was recently looking at some pictures of me at my daughter's 1st birthday, and in every picture my face looks super shiny and greasy from this product. I will not purchase again: instead I will opt for a lightweight moisturizer that leaves me looking fresh and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by chocolik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't live without these tubs. I first bought it as a summer body moisturizer (I have especially dry skin & eczema) because my tub of Eucerin is too heavy for summer. I use it on areas of my face when it's extremely dry and I haven't broken out or seen any greasy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jaimiegoesrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this stuff! This stuff works better than anything I've ever used. Better than Dove, better than Ponds, better than L'Oreal! It feels light and not greasy at all. It's perfect for my super dry and sensitive skin, and at 6$CAN for a decent-sized squeeze tube, I will DEFINITELY be buying again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by tygerlily005

Although I said I would buy this product again, I doubt I will have to because the massive tub seems to last FOREVER. This is the only moisturizer that seems to help my dry, flaky winter skin. Use just a little bit, because more than that will give you the greasies. I imagine it would be too heavy to use during summer, but for now this is just what my skin needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by mariefm

If you're looking for a no-frills moisturizer then this is it. It is soothing, hydrating and it does not break me out. You can use as much or as little as you need. I use this when my skin is dry and irritated as well as when my skin is combination and it work both times. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combo-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin--truly a mess. But this is one of the only creams that both moisturizes effectively and DOESN'T break me out. I lightly rub this into my skin overnight and I wake up with the softest, smoothest skin ever. I am in love with this product, and the price is unbelievable for the enormous jar you get. An absolute skincare HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by msjdahn

I have very dry/oily ance prone sensitive skin. so pretty much EVERYTHING irritates my poor face. i'v been dying all winter looking for a moisterizer that won't sting and end up making my face feel horrid and dry and super flaky! so i realized i needed something very gentle, very moisterizing, and most importantly: NOT FULL OF ExTRA CRAP!! have you noticed that almost EVERYTHING has some sort of chemcial in it for acne, wrinkles, etc and full of alcohol and acids? so painful for my face!

cetaphil is the only thing that doesn't make my face sting and itch like crazy. its VERY moisterizing, esp if you use it right after the shower/bath. i like to even use it like the cetaphil cleaner, a small glop of it in my hands, mix with water, rub gently on face, pat dry! i think its the best way to ensure that your face is getting hydrated (water) and the cetaphil is good at keeping in your skin.

it is very greasy looking though. so its great as an over-night moisterizer but i need to blot and use some sort of powder on my face to tone down the greasiness for the day. and another downside is that it comes in a large jar, which i don't think is the cleanest way to keep and use the lotion but oh well! i think its WORTH it if you have sensitive super dry skin!

PROS:
very moisterizing
great for overnight
can double as a gentle cleanser (use makeup remover first if you wear makeup)
does not make you break out (and i break out like mad all the time and this does not make me break out)
not full of irritating extras
lots of product for your money

CONS:
can be greasy looking (but either just use less, use powder, or blot with blotting paper)
not so great packaging (large jar instead of a pump-- make sure your hands are clean!)
continued >>