Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 7/9/2006 4:12:00 PM

i would buy this again, but really...when would i need to? THIS IS A HUGE TUB! i'll prob end up handing it down to my children or something. i got this because of the rave reviews here. i've been having dry skin, flakey, tight and this just cures all that. then again, i have SUPER dry skin, so my skin loves this. i use this for night and day, but not all the time. with a lot of usage, my skin might end up looking too oily. i've had problems with moisturizers in the past not being moisturizing enough and leaving little bumps on my skin, with this..NOTHING except clear moisturized soft skin! makeup application has gotten better and smoother. one thing i dont like is having to dip my fingers into this tub, but thats what i get for buying the tub! its not very travel friendly, so i put this in my ex-moisturizer's jar for traveling convenience. one of my guy friends has great skin, and i noticed he had this in his bathroom! so there ya go, you can't go wrong.

on 7/8/2006 7:47:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely amazing!!! My skin is combo/very dry, tight/dry after washing- this stuff makes it feel so much better, helps with flakiness. It is a bit thick and makes your skin dewy which some might not like but I love it. I could not live without it, wear it under make-up(liquid) too and it helps it go on smooth. Wish it had SPF, and the only thing that annoys me is the tube when the paint starts to chip off. Overall a miracle for dry skin. Also, this product is noncomedogenic: does not break me out. I would appreciate it if people didn't say that a product broke them out after only a day. It takes 2 weeks for pimples to form, so they would not be there after a day if the new product was to blame.

on 7/5/2006 4:56:00 PM

This really is the BEST lotion for my face. I have oily-sensitive-acne prone skin. I've been using Olay Complete Sensitive because it has SPF, but recently my skin became very irrated (itchy and breakouts) I was so frustrated with my skin and wasn't sure what was causing it. I went out and bought Cetaphil cream ...within days my skin is noticably better. And the tub will last me all year!! If you're like me and can never stick with one moisturizer, I recommend giving this a try.

on 7/5/2006 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

BEST MOiSTURiZER EVER! perfect for my DRY face...goes on smooth and not too oily! i LOVE iT! THE BEST FOR DRY SENSiTiVE SkiN!

on 6/27/2006 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I keep coming back to this after trying new moisturizers and ending up with irritated or congested skin. No skincare product is universal, and I know this doesn't work for everybody, but it keeps my retinoid-sensitized skin hydrated and doesn't contribute to breakouts.

on 6/23/2006 12:56:00 AM

This product would probably be best for the very driest of skins...on my cheeks (which a facialist once described as "dry as a chip"), this moisturizer didn't sink in for awhile, and my face felt sticky for the rest of the evening. Having said that, it really does get rid of the flakies. A lighter cream moisturizer that I really love as an alternative is Complex 15 Daily Face Cream.

on 6/20/2006 11:21:00 AM

I'm not a fan of this lotion. Though it's unscented, there's still a stink about it that makes me hold my breath when I apply. It soaks in okay, but I don't find it very moisturizing--my cheeks always feel tight.

on 6/16/2006 1:18:00 PM

As long as this doesn't break me out, this really might be my HG year-round moisturizer. It's pretty hard to find a moisturizer with a good texture that doesn't break me out and doesn't have any fragrance or problem ingredients. So far, this is all that and more. Extremely spreadable and works great under makeup. It's honestly the best moisturizer I've ever used. Hopefully this will be it.

on 6/9/2006 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Since this is a cream and I'm pretty oily, I really wouldn't put this on my face unless I had to. And I have had to - when I'm sick and my nose is sore and red and raw, this is the only thing that will get my nose back to normal within 24 hours. It kicks the rear end of the Jergens "ultra healing" lotion I had been using!

I mainly use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my hands overnight (along with the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Beauty Queen Wave moisturizing gel gloves) to soften them up, and it does a pretty decent job at that. My hands do start drying out after the second or third handwashing of the day, though, hence the 3 lippie rating. It also doesn't do too much for my cuticles and nails, even though I make sure to massage it onto those areas.

I don't mind the tub that this comes in, as I use anti-bacterial soap as a hand wash before I dip into this or any other beauty jar. The smell is kind of funny, though it disappears quickly. If you get too much lotion out, you'll have to wipe it off elsewhere as the lotion will start to almost ball up and stop sinking into your skin. Since I have tons of this left, I can't imagine ever having to repurchase. When I do run out, though, I'll probably look for something else, since I already have tons of hand and body lotions.

on 6/9/2006 2:24:00 PM

this moisturizer is really thick feeling, and left my face with numerous breakouts the next morning. yuck - good thing this was just a trial size! i would never buy this.

Popular Moisturizers