January 30, 2015 | 1143 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 5:46:00 AM More reviews by kittypepper028

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My staple moisturizer. Absolutely the best body moisturizer ever! I also use it on my face during winter. Not at all greasy. Especially recommended for people w/ inflammatory skin problems (dermatitis, eczema). For me, this product doesn't contain the ingredients that make others so irritating. The tub is huge and IMO a great value! One usually lasts months and I use the product very liberally. Plain but perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by col0rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cream so much. I use it on my extremely dry skin and it works wonders. I can go about my day without having to feel really dry and without my skin feeling very irritated. I've been using it for well over a year now and I haven't used anything else. I use it on my face and my body to help the itchy dryness, and I have not been let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by blinkashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hah...I WAS griping about this product until I realized that it's for your body and not your face. it's an excellent moisturizer, and I'm hooked on the entire cetaphil line. I'm seven months pregnant and in the last few months, my skin has gone from combo, acne-prone tough skin to rediculously sensitive, slightly dry skin...cetaphil is the only thing I can use now. I used this cream at night and while it did a great job of moisturizing, I noticed a few new blackheads and three new zits. I bet super dry skin could handle it on the face, but otherwise it's great for the body and ESPECIALLY back and chest if you have acne there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Muffin28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG (for a facial moisturizer)!!! Yes, I know, it's probably not for the face, but I was getting tired of shelling out $$$ for moisturizers that promised the moon but did not deliver. For the first time in about a year, my skin is actually "glowing" and not in an oily way. My skin was getting so dry that I couldn't take it anymore and I was willing to have a super shiny/oily face just to get relief. Well, I got it and it did NOT make me greasy or shiny at ALL! I am passing by mirrors and can actually see how much of a difference that only one (yes, you heard me-one) use has made! I am so grateful for these boards/product reviews or else I would have NEVER tried this miracle cream. THANK YOU! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Avidreader

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used other products in the past but they have had drawbacks. Either too greasy, non-absorbing or too expensive to keep replacing since in the winter I moisturize daily after showering.

I bought this "just because" and have not regretted the purchase.

Although I prefer pumps to jars or bottles I like this big plastic jar since you can get at it easier and take as much or as little as you want. It is unscented which I prefer (I don't like other products interferring with my perfume) and it is rich and emollient. It is of course dermatolgy approved, no dyes and leaves my skin soft all day.

My husband (who I hooked on this as well) said he felt the difference on his skin as well.

This is my HG cream and will try the lotion for summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waterlilley-- and anyone else who is using this product incorrectly.
This is a BODY cream, not a face cream, so of course it is going to make your face shiny. Some people can tolerate this on their face, but I am not one of them. It is far too greasy. It is perfect and very thick as a soothing, fragrance-free body cream. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by JJ580

This product works well for dry skin. I've used it since I went on Accutane and it has worked so well with the dryness that the drug causes. I only use it at night. Probably would not use it during the day since it is a little greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have seriously dry skin and want something that works, Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream is the product for you. I find that this stuff is also great for body moisturizing as well and is one of the few creams that can hydrate my legs after a shave. This is my HG moisturizer. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

The generic ones with the same (hmmm?) ingredients are not the same in terms of performance! I have super senstive skin, and the generic ones do cause me irritation! The real Cetaphil does not! My skin is ultra sensitive, so I can tell the difference! "Cetaphil" Moisturizing Cream is amazing. It's ultra moisturizing and doesn't cause irritation at all. Nothing else works for my skin. I love to slather it on after shaving my legs as well as all over my body daily after a shower. It's too heavy to wear as a night cream on my face, and it broke me out on my face, but for the rest of my body... I cannot live without it, and it does not cause breakout on my body the way it does on my face. This is an excellent no frills body cream that is 1000x better than any highend lotion that I have used, and I have used many! I'll always have this on hand. As flight attendand, my skin gets really dry and irritated from the different climates, and this cream I am never without! I love this stuff and always come back to it. It's holygrail material! The Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil is another one of my holiest of grails. These two together make shaving my legs tolerable and free of razor burn.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by eternal_sunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG night time moisturizer. I am in my late 20's and needed a good no-frills night time moisturizer for my dry skin especially during the winter. I tried a lot of different drugstore brands as well as a few expensive brands that my dermatologist had recommended. This is the only one that hydrates my skin AND doesn't break me out. I love it! It really absorbs well into the skin and when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks refreshed. A tub cost me approx. $11 at the drugstore and so far it has lasted for over 9 months! I will definitely repurchase!