Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 9/23/2006 8:10:00 PM

This cream is wonderful! As I found out the hard way, the key to beautiful make-up application is beautiful skin. You can pile on the most expensive, super-new-technology foundation on the market, but it is not going to perform miracles if the underlying problem is your skin. Well moisturised skin provides a lovely canvas for the foundation to go on and avoids the dreaded caked-on-makeup-that-you-can-scrape-away-with-a-spoon look that so many women still sadly adopt.

Sorry, I digress.

I am 23 and have combination skin. The flakes that appeared after I applied foundation (even though I applied moisturiser before) always drove me crazy. It made me feel like some kind of fish whose scales were flaking off. Yuck! Since I have been using this generously as a night cream (it is too heavy and greasy-feeling for a day cream, except for a little on my cheekbones to give a polished look), this problem is non-existent. I apply it at night (or an hour before I go out, if I know in advance), wash it off and apply a sheer coat of foundation (Px Virtual skin) immediately. The result is dewy, flawless skin that looks literally airbrushed and stays that way all day. My skin is constantly being compared to porcelain and strangers approach me to give compliments (nice, but a little weird) or to touch it (much weirder). For the amazing price and the massive quantity you get for it, every woman should have this as a back-up moisturiser.

on 9/15/2006 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is good basic cream. I use it on my body (I wouldn't put it on my face as there is petrolatum in it) in the winter or when my skin feels dry. It moisturizes well, but isn't greasy. It doesn't make my skin feel "clammy" either, like the lotion version did for some reason. There are no fragrances or parabens and the cream is very gentle on my sensitive skin. I buy the tubes which are easy to travel with and much more hygeinic than the tubs.

on 9/12/2006 11:06:00 AM

I've used Cetaphil products for years and I'm still a big fan of their cleanser - however, I've suffered from constant flaking on my forehead and under my earlobes for a few months now and since switching to natural, herbal moisturisers the flakies and redness has disappeared! To be sure that Cetaphil was the cause, I went back on the moisturiser again and the same thing happened :(. I must be sensitive to one of the ingredients...

This is great stuff. I buy the 100ml tube. I have combo skin and this really quenshed all the dry spots in my skin. This also comes in a 500ml tub but I prefer the tube. It doesnt smell, its hydrating, it's cheap and it works.

on 9/8/2006 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was so eager to try this because I swear by Cetaphil products (cleanser & lotion). I waited for this to go on sale for $18.00 CDN (still expensive for me, but the jar is 500g). I LOVE this. I was looking for something more moisturising than the Cetaphil lotion for the coming winter. This cream is so smooth and creamy and my skin just drinks it up! It is beautiful as an eye cream, and I'm sure you could use this all over. It will take forever to use up this tub. Fragrance-free and perfect for DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN. Cetaphil calms and soothes my skin and my face looks so healthy when I wake up in the morning. NEGATIVE: Hate the package - a huge, chunky unsanitary tub. Oh well. Well worth the price - exceptional product. Will buy forever.

on 9/8/2006 12:15:00 PM

I smear this all over my face and body after a shower while my skin is still damp. Heaven. Buy it at Cosco. No scent just the best moisturizer. Cheap. Simple. Works.

on 8/20/2006 2:17:00 PM

This is a really good moisturizing cream. The texture is elegant, it's fragrance-free, and it's inexpensive. I've tried lots of body lotions and creams, and this is one of only two that can keep the skin on my legs looking smooth and feeling great. I've switched to the other, Paula's Choice Skin Revealing Lotion, because it has AHA, retinol and other antiaging ingredients. I'll probably continue to use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in combination with the PC product, since the PC product can't be used after shaving my legs.

on 8/14/2006 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my grandma had this at her house so I tried it on my body. It moisturized well but it made my skin itch :(

on 8/14/2006 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

There no chace i would ever put this on my face. i use it for my body and LOVE IT!!! i suffer from mild eczema and seached high and low for a moisterizer that wouldnt irritate me. i struck gold when i found this. Its only $15AU for a huge tube and when you put it on *HEAVEN!* I feel like im putting on cream ud spend hundreds of dollars for and my skin has never been better. my eczema
has cleared up soo much :) the only thing im worried about it if its going to be the same in summer. its a wonderful winter moisterizer. maybe for summer ill swich to somthing lighter like the Cetaphil lotion.

on 8/1/2006 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just bought this, and i love it! it was sort of expensive but i got it on sale for 9$, and it is a huggge container! it is suprizingly less greasy then the cetaphil lotion, and although its thick it goes on very easily, and absorbs quickly. when i wake up my skin looks so much calmer and feels smoother. love it.

Popular Moisturizers